IGNORED

Lourdes and Nolan marry - Lawsuit against DPIAT/R filed

love2scrap

So… Doug Phillips is a Power Tool? :tools-hammerdrill: :tools-hammerdrill:

Words cannot express my delight that there is a smiley for that.

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how many subpoenas will go out to the women who are defending Dougie and trying to condemn Lourdes. They can't lie about their beliefs in a courtroom. It would just prove even more why Lourdes didn't have a chance in speaking up while the abuse was occurring -- she would have been squashed like a bug.

A victim didn't respond the way Kelly thought they should have, so to her it never happened.

I usually try to observe fundies in their natural blog habitats, without making comments and disturbing the natural order. But I want to troll Generation Starvation so bad. She probably doesn't believe half of her posts anyway, she just has to keep up to keep the money coming in.

Kelly "Two Chicken Breasts Will Feed a Family of Twelve" Crawford is, even as we speak, participating in the Christian Heritage Home Educators of Washington's annual conference (a Bradrick Family affair). Oh, to be a fly on the wall...I imagine the DPIAT/R topic is officially verboten, but unofficially being discussed.

Kelly "Two Chicken Breasts Will Feed a Family of Twelve" Crawford is, even as we speak, participating in the Christian Heritage Home Educators of Washington's annual conference (a Bradrick Family affair). Oh, to be a fly on the wall...I imagine the DPIAT/R topic is officially verboten, but unofficially being discussed.

I'm sure -- I would have loved to have done a drive-by even just to spot Peter and Kelly, who are undoubtedly in attendance. It might be one of those things, though, that they are forbidden to talk about since Peter probably has an attorney in preparation in being involved in the legal case and likely subpoenaed.

Since Scott Brown is on the list of speakers, and if Peter and Kelly are there, this could be a very interesting conference. :popcorn2:

It would be interesting to know if Peter and Kelly are there for the conference, of if they have 'excused' themselves from the event.

Remember that when the scandal broke wide open in November that dear Sister Stacy went over to Jen's Gems to hand slap everyone for not minding their own business. Doug was to be judged by the local church only, no one had the entire story, he was repentant etc

Fast forward to the day before yesterday on SSB, where the lady was protesting that she had NEVER defended Doug, and that Julie Anne should "look at a database" of supposed mentally ill people before accepting certain comments.

Twat.

Wait, she hates him...so why was she hand slapping??? Stacy mentioned on SSB (or maybe Jen's) that she had a falling out with the tool. She refused to dish about the conflict's dainty morsels. Why was she no longer enamored with the tool for the last 4-5 years (before the tool's downfall)?

Anyone know what really went down?

Can the tool keep any friends under normal circumstances? His relationships with non-sheeple always seem to implode....

That and Stacy forgets that the tool was a public figure of sorts. People may understandably be curious and rightfully judge if someone like the tool puts himself up as the model hubs/dad and then assaults a young woman as described in the complaint.

This conference happening in my neck of the woods. I actually went last year because I wanted to look at copies of books to shop curriculum, but I didn't really know it was a fundie conference - I just thought it was a local homeschool group. I didn't go to any of the seminars or sessions, but the people watching was amazing. There were mega-families, teenaged boys in cowboy-type outfits, pre-teen girls baby-watching so their parents could sit in on sessions, fundies all across the spectrum, and a whole parking lot full of RVs and campers. Incidentally, our own Dough Phillips was supposed to be the main speaker last year, which is one of the ways I first heard about VF, but his father died suddenly and Voddie came instead.

I've toyed with the idea of getting a vendor pass to go tomorrow now that I know it's fundie-central, but it's a busy weekend, so I'm not sure.

This conference happening in my neck of the woods. I actually went last year because I wanted to look at copies of books to shop curriculum, but I didn't really know it was a fundie conference - I just thought it was a local homeschool group. I didn't go to any of the seminars or sessions, but the people watching was amazing. There were mega-families, teenaged boys in cowboy-type outfits, pre-teen girls baby-watching so their parents could sit in on sessions, fundies all across the spectrum, and a whole parking lot full of RVs and campers. Incidentally, our own Dough Phillips was supposed to be the main speaker last year, which is one of the ways I first heard about VF, but his father died suddenly and Voddie came instead.

I've toyed with the idea of getting a vendor pass to go tomorrow now that I know it's fundie-central, but it's a busy weekend, so I'm not sure.

I know -- I'm close, too, but I don't think I can make it. Dang! It's at Overlake Christian, which is a mega-church that seats I don't know how many, but the "sanctuary" alone is like a stadium with a stage. Crazy. I don't think the sanctuary is where any of the seminars take place (probably auxiliary auditoriums/conference rooms), but this is a big fundie event.

Wait, she hates him...so why was she hand slapping??? Stacy mentioned on SSB (or maybe Jen's) that she had a falling out with the tool. She refused to dish about the conflict's dainty morsels. Why was she no longer enamored with the tool for the last 4-5 years (before the tool's downfall)?

Anyone know what really went down?

Can the tool keep any friends under normal circumstances? His relationships with non-sheeple always seem to implode....

That and Stacy forgets that the tool was a public figure of sorts. People may understandably be curious and rightfully judge if someone like the tool puts himself up as the model hubs/dad and then assaults a young woman as described in the complaint.

James endorsed McCain/Palin in 2008, enraging supporters of the Constitution Party, including Doug. Be sure to check out the comments.

familyreformation.wordpress.com/2008/09/26/third-party-2004-a-conservative-christian-concern/

When Doug fell from grace, yes, Stacy voiced her support. But she wasn't concerned with Doug. She was concerned with how this might hurt James and Stacy-- and it has.

I know -- I'm close, too, but I don't think I can make it. Dang! It's at Overlake Christian, which is a mega-church that seats I don't know how many, but the "sanctuary" alone is like a stadium with a stage. Crazy. I don't think the sanctuary is where any of the seminars take place (probably auxiliary auditoriums/conference rooms), but this is a big fundie event.

Last year the main sessions were in the enormous sanctuary - there were TVs in the hallways broadcasting it. I don't think it was full but there were a ton of people there - license plates from all over the country. I guess it's a big deal and time to fellowship and connect with other families, but I have no idea how many come.

Mr. neuroticcat and I went because we were thinking about homeschooling. We had a blast people-watching, and that's the main reason I'm still even thinking about going this year. I didn't know any fundies well enough then to recognize anybody, although I do remember seeing the awful Train up a Child display table and all the Vision Forum stuff advertising the Amazon manly adventure. The only fundie I thought I recognized was the I Kissed Dating Goodbye guy Joshua Harris. I remember it was funny because he was standing there with his wife (I think), and many earnest young fundie girls were flocking around them.

So… Doug Phillips is a Power Tool? :tools-hammerdrill: :tools-hammerdrill:

Oh, he can only wish he is a power tool. I envision him more like one of those teeny screwdrivers you use to fix your eyeglasses.

Nevertheless, Doug Phillips is still a tool.

Last year the main sessions were in the enormous sanctuary - there were TVs in the hallways broadcasting it. I don't think it was full but there were a ton of people there - license plates from all over the country. I guess it's a big deal and time to fellowship and connect with other families, but I have no idea how many come.

Mr. neuroticcat and I went because we were thinking about homeschooling. We had a blast people-watching, and that's the main reason I'm still even thinking about going this year. I didn't know any fundies well enough then to recognize anybody, although I do remember seeing the awful Train up a Child display table and all the Vision Forum stuff advertising the Amazon manly adventure. The only fundie I thought I recognized was the I Kissed Dating Goodbye guy Joshua Harris. I remember it was funny because he was standing there with his wife (I think), and many earnest young fundie girls were flocking around them.

So, like a big sporting event or a concert! Hmmm.

I wonder if Anna Maxwell's family will be there? I think their kids are all grown, now, but maybe they still participate in all the fanfare.

Re: McDonalds parting ways with DPIAR & VF. On tapatalk so can't look up much but someone on SSB said that the McDonalds were miffed over VF dropping the Passionate Housewives book from their list or not renewing a contract or something like that.

Re: McDonalds parting ways with DPIAR & VF. On tapatalk so can't look up much but someone on SSB said that the McDonalds were miffed over VF dropping the Passionate Housewives book from their list or not renewing a contract or something like that.

Interesting. So that would have meant that Matt and Jennie Chauncy (Chancy, however it is spelled) would have also been miffed about that, since the ladies co-authored it. Hmmm.

Interesting. So that would have meant that Matt and Jennie Chauncy (Chancy, however it is spelled) would have also been miffed about that, since the ladies co-authored it. Hmmm.

Remember - it's NOT about the money!

Do you have a business? (Wondering about getting a vendor pass)

Do you have a business? (Wondering about getting a vendor pass)

I think you can still pay at the door. Sadly, the Pastor's Luncheon is closed for registration (would love to be a fly on the wall for that one, too!).

Call them and ask them about the Christian Heritage event for tomorrow!

Overlake Christian Church

9900 Willows RD NE

Redmond, WA 98052

Yes, but I think Doug dropped it after the 2008 election. That is how pissed off he was. After James endorsed McCain/Palin, he and Doug were going back and forth on their blogs, not naming each other outright, but it was obvious they were going at it.

I think you can still pay at the door. Sadly, the Pastor's Luncheon is closed for registration (would love to be a fly on the wall for that one, too!).

9900 Willows RD NE

Redmond, WA 98052

The vendor hall is open to anyone - $15 at the door to browse through all the homeschooling materials and fundie displays and people-watch. I think I'm going to do it. Now i just need to figure out what to say if I actually end up in a conversation. "So, how 'bout that Doug Phillips and Bill Gothard, eh?" christianheritageonline.org/events/annual-conference/vendors/

edited to break link

The vendor hall is open to anyone - $15 at the door to browse through all the homeschooling materials and fundie displays and people-watch. I think I'm going to do it. Now i just need to figure out what to say if I actually end up in a conversation. "So, how 'bout that Doug Phillips and Bill Gothard, eh?" http://www.christianheritageonline.org/ ... e/vendors/

And don't forget to mention in a whisper "did you hear about the Maxwell's friends the Lockwoods? You know Anna Hamilton married a Maxwell...". And then, you MUST report back.

Look for the Bradricks! Extra points if you get a photo. LOL.

And don't forget to mention in a whisper "did you hear about the Maxwell's friends the Lockwoods? You know Anna Hamilton married a Maxwell...". And then, you MUST report back.

Look for the Bradricks! Extra points if you get a photo. LOL.

Who are the Lockwoods? And Anna Hamilton? I don't know those fundie-names.

And I will try and take some photos and definitely keep eyes open for any recognizable fundies. :shifty-kitty:

edited to break link

9900 Willows RD NE

Redmond, WA 98052

I'm several hours away, and I'd honestly only be gawking anyway. But I was curious if you're a homeschool vendor. (We're homeschoolers, but not fundies)

The vendor hall is open to anyone - $15 at the door to browse through all the homeschooling materials and fundie displays and people-watch. I think I'm going to do it. Now i just need to figure out what to say if I actually end up in a conversation. "So, how 'bout that Doug Phillips and Bill Gothard, eh?" christianheritageonline.org/events/annual-conference/vendors/

edited to break link

Why, you must talk about tools for home-schooling and tools for a successful ministry, of course!

Edited for riffle. It's because I'm distracted by watching the Davilla wedding on our local station. Hard to spell and laugh hysterically at the same time.

Archived