IGNORED

Bill Gothard Ousted - IBLP/ATI scandal - Merge

love2scrap

So, IDK if this has been brought up before, but do we think that might be why DimBulb likes "momma" and "the girls" to have curly hair? Less of a reason for Gothard to make them his personal "assistants"??

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So they have announced a new interim president on the IBLP website. I don't know how to break links, so I didn't link to the article, but I know one of you smart people can find it and post it. :) The man's name is Dr. Tim Levendusky. Do you guys know anything about him?

I googled his name.

xatiguy.blogspot.com/2004/08/popularity-poll.html

I am appalled at the second comment. Mandatory pregnancy tests???

Wait... Maybe that's satire.

He started the Charter First program in Mongolia

Charter first.com/mongolia

And he lives in oklahoma

rachelheldevans.com/blog/patriarchy-abuse

Progressive Evangelical blogger Rachel Held Evans has picked up the story and uses it to call out patriarchy in general. It's a good article, and she may have more credence with conservative crowds than secular news sources.

But maybe not, because she's a pretty ebil, liberal feminist.

I know it is satire, but that guy's post is an excellent example of the whole ATI mentality. Coming from a formerly ATI church it is exactly how they would act. Everything was taboo and the overreactions about absolutely everything have scarred me for life.

That post is a joke-its hilarious :D

Apparently this George guy is some kind of ATI supervillain, with his amazing memory for learning the Basic and Advanced seminar in 68 languages, with the ability to read at the speed of light, considering he read the Bible all the way through three times in one day, combined with his list of laughably stupid rules like caring whether male staff wear boxers, mandatory pregnancy tests, making him report to his mentor every time he needs to take a crap and teaching the guy not to touch a woman even if he is married to her and only look at her hairline :lol: :lol: :lol:

Google turns up very little so far on this guy...an obit for his father, a profile page on Zoominfo, a birth announcement for his son, etc. I did find an article on a Catholic news site in Asia that quotes him: ucanews.com/story-archive/?post_name=/2006/06/01/christians-and-others-learn-to-apply-values-to-life&post_id=27466

This makes me suspicious :shifty-kitty: Did they choose someone with very little practical or public experience who also happens to have no obvious controversies or scandals? But time will tell--if he has a difficult past it's only a matter of time before it comes out on RG.

So they have announced a new interim president on the IBLP website. I don't know how to break links, so I didn't link to the article, but I know one of you smart people can find it and post it. :) The man's name is Dr. Tim Levendusky. Do you guys know anything about him?

From Intellius he's 55 years old. From the news release: He was married in 2004 and has a 3 year old son. So he was 45 when he got his first kiss??? Hmmm...this still doesn't sound very balanced to me...but they are trying since he is married. My guess is he is so gung ho IBLP/ ATI that nothing will change beneath the surface...another yes man, if you will.

Dang it! I was hoping David Waller would take the wheel.

I'm fairly skeptical so I suspect that he was hand picked by Gothard because he will do whatever Gothard says.

Ye gods and little fishes! Dr. Tim Levendusky.

Perhaps he is the only "yes" person they could come up with who is comparatively free of scandal to fill the post of Interim President. Note "Interim."

From Intellius he's 55 years old. From the news release: He was married in 2004 and has a 3 year old son. So he was 45 when he got his first kiss??? Hmmm...this still doesn't sound very balanced to me...but they are trying since he is married. My guess is he is so gung ho IBLP/ ATI that nothing will change beneath the surface...another yes man, if you will.

I googled his wife and saw she was quoted as attending her first basic seminar when she was 12 years old, so she is deep into it. I can google later at home to find out how old she is.

Perhaps he is the only "yes" person they could come up with who is comparatively free of scandal to fill the post of Interim President. Note "Interim."

Or one who has been far enough from anyone who could report scandalous behavior.

There is a connection to the Wallers and the family mentions him a few times on their vision to serve blog. From 2010:

Three years ago our family was serving in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, where Tim Levendusky directed CTI-Mongolia, an NGO established to teach principles of character to the people of Mongolia....After our family left Mongolia, a new office in South Korea was needing assistance, and Tim was asked to make South Korea his primary location, while making occasional trips across to Mongolia. With the present needs in South Korea and the visa difficulties in Mongolia, Tim invited our family to join the work in South Korea for a season of ministry as a family.

Or one who has been far enough from anyone who could report scandalous behavior.

There is a connection to the Wallers and the family mentions him a few times on their vision to serve blog. From 2010:

Really, the poor people of Mongolia needed these idiots to come in and teach them how to have "character?" How in the world did their society survive for all these generations without any character?!? :angry-banghead: Silly me for assuming an NGO would be there to do things like build schools, help with medical care and sanitation, etc.

Google says the new President's wife is 46 years old. so 43 when they had their first kid, who could very well be adopted, since they have been married for 10 years.

I googled his name.

xatiguy.blogspot.com/2004/08/popularity-poll.html

I am appalled at the second comment. Mandatory pregnancy tests???

Wait... Maybe that's satire.

He started the Charter First program in Mongolia

Charter first.com/mongolia

And he lives in oklahoma

Mongolia is where DWtpt's brother died.

And only one child. So much for QF.

The Paine family lives in Oklahoma. I wonder if Levendusky is from the same area and if Dr. Paine(who is on the board) recommended him...

Why did none of these girl's parents catch a clue? (I've read many stories on Recovering Grace) isn't it obvious that he wants them for sexual reasons as he chooses them when just meeting them? They supposably must live up to all these crazy standards, why is there not a rigorous application process?

People just get so sucked into these ministries, or they are so abusive themselves, they turn a blind eye to all the red flags.

Why did parents allow their children to spend weekends with Michael Jackson? Money, power, inclusion-- a lot of people are willing to sacrifice or at least look the other way if it is "the master" or someone who can do something for them. After all, the stories are all likely "exaggerations or misunderstandings" so why forego being in "the in group" just to overprotect a daughter from a saint....

IBLP has posted an introduction letter from Levendusky: iblp.org/news/letter-interim-president

Nothing too earth-shattering, but wanted to post it here for the record.

The comments on the Levendusky post (recoveringgrace.org/2014/03/dr-tim-levendusky-named-new-interim-president-of-iblp/#comments) at RG are IMO a little discouraging. Lots of hand-slappy people over there are criticizing what they perceive to be excessive negativity and resentment towards IBLP/ATI and the taking up of a victim mentality. They don't seem to realize that with Gothard gone (at least for now), a lot of people have breathed a sigh of relief, and it feels like--to paraphrase Churchill--not the end, not the beginning of the end, but maybe the end of the beginning. I think a lot of the victims and survivors feel as though it may be safe to finally, really begin feeling and expressing the anger, so it's coming through more strongly and clearly now. Others, in their self-righteousness, are calling that "bitterness" or an unwillingness to move on. They don't seem to realize that when they try to shut down others' negative emotions, they are being in some ways just as much a bully as Gothard himself.

Anyway, just my morose observations. The manipulation and control is just as strong, but it's coming from other people now. I hope some of those survivors make their way over here eventually (if any of you on RG are already here, Hi! ;) )

So what about Chris Hogan? Hadn't he been appointed interim president of IBLP a week ago? I'm confused.

I'd guess he was the pre-interim president. Or the interim interim president

Wouldn't shock me if the 15 minutes of fame he got on TLC jabbing Jim Bob in the throat with rebar played a role in getting him moved along... it was the only time watching the show that I almost empathized with the Boob.

Archived