IGNORED

Bill Gothard Ousted - IBLP/ATI scandal - Merge

love2scrap

Here is an intern who just quit after his resignation the other day- weird stuff!

simplysanctified.wordpress.com/2009/02/04/gods-wonderful-gift/

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a pic from only two posts ago, this gal (in her 30s I guess?) was there 'til the end.

This is sick

post-9860-14451998678714_thumb.jpg

That's the woman who one of the Maxwell sons was courting and broke up with!

Whoa! So the Maxwells are in with ATI? I was just glad when they finally let their youngest groom her eyebrows.

The girl right by Gothard is Laura Alveraz or something like that. She is extremely articulate and Gung Ho for Gothard, JTTH, and the whole ATI thing. I have an audio clip of her, Jinger, Jana, and another girl being interviewed by Pecan Thief. The difference between Laura and the other three is astounding.

That's the woman who one of the Maxwell sons was courting and broke up with!

I have been checking this girl's blog to see if she has had anything to say about the Gothard stuff, nothing yet. The job she's referring to in her most recent post was not her work at IBLP, she left there a couple years ago. She would go back from time to time to help with special events or Journey to the Hearts. I think the job she resigned from last year was in her home town, some kind of assistant (maybe for a CPA or real estate agent or something).

Anyway, the post you linked was from shortly after her second engagement was called off. Can't remember the guys name. Her first engagement however, was to Christipher Maxwell.

Whoa! So the Maxwells are in with ATI? I was just glad when they finally let their youngest groom her eyebrows.

web.archive.org/web/20080304140405/http://www.titus2.com/blog/index.php/2007/07/30/but-the-lord-directeth-his-steps/

She was engaged to Christopher. The Maxwells aren't involved in anything but themselves. Anyone know how they met?

The resignation post is old, from like last summer. She was working for a Christian accounting firm and then resigned from that. She hasn't updated in a while, but she has worked for Gothard in the past

She was way too worldly for the maxwells.

Chris Jeub is the sort of person to be be anti-everyone elses patriarchy.

"Patriarchy: It's wrong for everyone but me because I'm awesome. Hope that helps. God bless!"

Robin makes 35 women who have told of inappropriate contact, I believe. 35. How many do they need to believe that Bill has issues? I really hope the Duggar family will address this. But I am not holding my breath.

How many? Moses, Jesus, some tablets, and a darkening of the sky and a loud voice from above. And then they might consider it.

Regardless of what the parents do, any of the Duggar kids who are older than about 10 will be fully or somewhat aware (now and more over time) that two leaders (phillips and gothard) they had been trained to admire/respect showed themselves as neither admirable or respectable. No matter how their parents try to spin it, and even if the girls were untouched, it can't go unnoticed.

"Chris Jeub says: Wow, Heidi. You nailed it. Wendy and I agree: the legalism and patriarchy garbage has got to go."

heidistjohn.com/homeschooling/dont-turn-away-trouble-in-the-homeschool-movement#sthash.M3amOU5t.dpuf

Here's a pic from only two posts ago, this gal (in her 30s I guess?) was there 'til the end.

This is sick

Wow, I know the girl 2nd up from BG (or at least I'm acquainted with her family), the one in a black shirt and khaki skirt; she and her younger sisters have done some work at the Oak Brook headquarters (iirc the youngest one who worked there probably being 16 or so...). What's the date of that photo? I have no idea how the family is dealing with the recent revelations, as they were heavily invested in the organization (working @ HQ, JTTH, ALERT etc.).

Palimpsest wrote:

Letgo wrote:

Robin makes 35 women who have told of inappropriate contact, I believe. 35. How many do they need to believe that Bill has issues? I really hope the Duggar family will address this. But I am not holding my breath.

Is Robin one of the original 34 women and RG is spreading out publishing the stories for maximum impact? Or has she come forward recently and that makes the total count 35?

I don't think this question has been answered anywhere.

I read Robin's story as a new one. She said that she had a smattering of dots and "connected some of those dots" after reading Meg's story "a few weeks ago." I took that to mean that it finally all clicked and she realized that she too, was one of Bill's victims. She then decided to write her story and it seems to me that hers was not one of the 34 that recovering grace had when they went public. But I could be wrong, as they have not published all 34 stories. Either way, 34 or 35, how many are needed to figure out that Bill is not practicing what he preaches? And there HAVE to be many in the ATI/IBLP offices who have witnessed Bill's behavior and wondered what on earth he was doing.

Wow, I know the girl 2nd up from BG (or at least I'm acquainted with her family), the one in a black shirt and khaki skirt; she and her younger sisters have done some work at the Oak Brook headquarters (iirc the youngest one who worked there probably being 16 or so...). What's the date of that photo? I have no idea how the family is dealing with the recent revelations, as they were heavily invested in the organization (working @ HQ, JTTH, ALERT etc.).

That photo was from July 26 last year. She wasn't working at headquarters anymore, that post was from a Journey to the Heart she worked at. She lives in Pennsylvania I think. I definitely wonder what her experience was there - I mean, did Gothard personally call and invite all of the girls who worked for him?

simplysanctified.wordpress.com/2013/07/26/blessed-and-refreshed/

Rumor mill in the X-ATI circles is that the number has almost doubled for the number of women now coming forward. To be clear, this is a rumor and I can not prove it or cite sources.

That said, I believe it. Pandora's box has been opened and no manner of deposing these ladies will stop the accusations.

Earlier someone in the thread mentioned wanting to make sure that the women involved know their legal rights. I would say they most likely do at this point if they are working with RG as RG partners with or works closely with attorneys, most of whom are X-ATIA students.

As for the Duggars, it does not benefit them to address this just yet. If they do, it will most likely be to say something about following God's word and not men and to be careful to always guard your heart etc etc. That would be my guess.

That would be a lie for the Duggars,cuz we all know they have followed Gothard's teachings lock step since they joined ati over 20 yrs ago.They've followed him like he was Jesus.

That would be a lie for the Duggars,cuz we all know they have followed Gothard's teachings lock step since they joined ati over 20 yrs ago.They've followed him like he was Jesus.

... and all while spinning it to avoid actually saying "Gothard" or "IBLP". In one of the earliest episodes, while dressed in matching or nearly-alike frumpers, they attended a "homeschool convention". I seem to recall a story line about meeting other large families there.

Honestly, the Duggar's love attention so much that it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to capitalize off this in some way. One of the girls coming forward as a victim...

Rumor mill in the X-ATI circles is that the number has almost doubled for the number of women now coming forward. To be clear, this is a rumor and I can not prove it or cite sources.

That said, I believe it. Pandora's box has been opened and no manner of deposing these ladies will stop the accusations.

Earlier someone in the thread mentioned wanting to make sure that the women involved know their legal rights. I would say they most likely do at this point if they are working with RG as RG partners with or works closely with attorneys, most of whom are X-ATIA students.

As for the Duggars, it does not benefit them to address this just yet. If they do, it will most likely be to say something about following God's word and not men and to be careful to always guard your heart etc etc. That would be my guess.

I would not be at all surprised if the original 34 women were just the tip of the iceberg. BG is a serial offender with no incentive to change his ways. BG got away with it many times, even after the original scandal and then being confronted by people like Robin's parents. Getting off scot-free so many times would convince him that he could always get away with molesting and harassing his female staff.

Yes, RG says it is working with attorneys.

Archived