IGNORED

Doug Phillips is a Tool and Vision Forum is Dead - Part 6

happy atheist

To those here who fondly hope that Beall dumps Toolio and takes all his assets, and/or that Hero sues him for back pay/emotional distress: Please bear in mind that Dougie is probably broke at this point. His sugar daddy Leininger has dropped him like a hot potato, so God only knows how he's going to manage to support himself, let alone anyone else.

I've no doubt that Leininger has distanced himself, which makes it all the more baffling how Doug is affording the new rental house, which reportedly is in the same neighborhood and is spacious and pricey!

ETA to add thanks to Mel for the information on the tone of voice speech. Do you happen to remember where it was given?

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've no doubt that Leininger has distanced himself, which makes it all the more baffling how Doug is affording the new rental house, which reportedly is in the same neighborhood and is spacious and pricey!

Why should we assume Doug is broke?

I think he is far from broke, even though the money is not rolling in as it has in the past. A couple of "insiders" have let drop that he still has plenty of money -- I forget the exact places I saw this but could try to find them if you want.

Remember, he probably made money hand-over-fist from VF, Inc. sales using a lot of free labor from the VF interns and church members. Although he closed VF, Inc with the fire sale and at a loss, he's not totally skint.

There was probably fiddling of the books between VFM and VFI. Example: He sold Jonathan Park to VFM for a significant amount of money. In addition to his salary from VFM, he probably managed to get a lot of perks over the years too. He definitely got rent-free accommodation, but these are a few of the other things he probably billed to VFM just off the top of my head:

- entertainment/food costs for every "Ministry" function held at the house

- vehicles, transportation

- security

- costumes :shifty:

- clothing allowances (for the whole family)

- travel expenses (for the whole family)

and so on ...

He is sitting pretty with a healthy bank account in the US - and a couple of offshore accounts that Beall has no knowledge of - IMO.

Dougie's probably got investments coming out of his arse. There is no way his income from VF was his only income.

I'll be the has a prenup too and those investments will in a company name. He's a lawyer and not stupid even though he is a tool. It will be very hard for Beall or Hero to get a penny out of him. I would say the best way forward now for either of them us to dump him - Lawyer or not Beall would get child support, and to go very public about him. They probably couldn't get money of him but they sure as he'll could make sure everyone knows what a wanker he is and how untrustworthy he us.

Is Diminutive Dougie the type to squirrel away money in all sorts of places so he's always taken of? Or is he the type to spend lavishly on costumes, lifestyle, travel, etc. because he thinks he can do no wrong and the gravy train will never end?

I honestly don't know. I could see either one being true.

:think:

I agree that Dougie probably has money socked away all over the place and even where Beall won't know about it. He may be out of a job and therefore may play like he's broke (can totally see him still worming $$ of people), but I have no illusions that he's not broke by a long shot.

I doubt either Beall or Hero will get anything out of him outside of child support for the kids. The only hope of really outing him for what he is would be Hero IMHO. Beall may be too much in his thrall or afraid of him to call him out plus there's the kids to consider.

I think it's safe to say that lot of us know of situations where the husband has behaved like a total ass, everyone knows it but the ex-wife will not openly criticize him out of consideration for the kids. It might be deserved that she does so but guys like this usually get a pass as far as being called out because of how it will affect the kids. I can see Beall doing this.

Hot off the press-- snark by commenter Daniel on SSB:

"Does anyone else wonder if the “grappling hook, climbing claws, and boot spikes†sold by Vision Forum were used to gain access to the window? I mean, isn’t accessing the castle balcony of locked up fair maidens the primary, historical use of grappling hooks?"

Hot off the press-- snark by commenter Daniel on SSB:

"Does anyone else wonder if the “grappling hook, climbing claws, and boot spikes†sold by Vision Forum were used to gain access to the window? I mean, isn’t accessing the castle balcony of locked up fair maidens the primary, historical use of grappling hooks?"

:lol: Daniel has a good point.

As (per TW Eston) the innocent young man was supposed to have jumped OUT of Mrs R's bedroom window when the angry mob led by his father tracked him via GPS to the house, and Doug was caught trying to climb IN Hero's bedroom window before being run down with loaded guns one rather wonders whether BCA members ever use the doors. :pink-shock:

:lol: Daniel has a good point.

As (per TW Eston) the innocent young man was supposed to have jumped OUT of Mrs R's bedroom window when the angry mob led by his father tracked him via GPS to the house, and Doug was caught trying to climb IN Hero's bedroom window before being run down with loaded guns one rather wonders whether BCA members ever use the doors. :pink-shock:

Seems like reenacting history (or rather VF's version of it) carries over to real life.

Seems like reenacting history (or rather VF's version of it) carries over to real life.

Taking "When god closes a door, he opens a window" rather literally, aren't they?

I'm thinking this sounds like Doug living out one of his swashbuckling fantasies by wooing the fair maiden and storming the castle to take her hand. And there were cellos...MOAR CELLOS!!!!!111! What I really want to know is if he was wearing a costume while he was being chased down by Hero's father and brother :lol:

The more I've thought of it, the more I think Dougie is having a typical case of mid-life crisis. Instead of buying a sports car, he just dresses up and lives out a fantasy.

When I read about him being chased down, I pictured him in a shirt, boxer shorts and sock garters. Don't ask me why sock garters. Dougie just seems like the type who would wear them.

I'm thinking this sounds like Doug living out one of his swashbuckling fantasies by wooing the fair maiden and storming the castle to take her hand. And there were cellos...MOAR CELLOS!!!!!111! What I really want to know is if he was wearing a costume while he was being chased down by Hero's father and brother :lol:

The more I've thought of it, the more I think Dougie is having a typical case of mid-life crisis. Instead of buying a sports car, he just dresses up and lives out a fantasy.

And when he stepped in the streetlight, "the sparkle of wonder was all around him." I wonder if he convinced himself that this was just another hazardous journey...after all, it definitely sounds like a sweaty, manly romp. :lol:

Doug Phillips is the tool to end all tools.

When I read about him being chased down, I pictured him in a shirt, boxer shorts and sock garters. Don't ask me why sock garters. Dougie just seems like the type who would wear them.

If you make that an LOLDoug I will love you forever

Chariots-of-Fire-still-008.jpg]

Jewish, Reformed, and running like hell.

sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=326141211470

Interview with Jaime Dean of World Magazine. Mostly factual. Pretty balanced. The only thing I would like to see is an inquiry beyond this to determine if this was merely a "sexual" downfall, or if that was just the tip of the iceberg, because I believe it was.

Doug Phillips is a Tool is the Walter Mitty of Patriarchy.

"To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life.â€

He sailed close , had manly adventures - plus costumes! The whole chased-from-the-bedroom-window-at-gunpoint debacle was probably this twerp's finest moment, in his mind.

Interview with Jaime Dean of World Magazine. Mostly factual. Pretty balanced. The only thing I would like to see is an inquiry beyond this to determine if this was merely a "sexual" downfall, or if that was just the tip of the iceberg, because I believe it was.

Not trying to be overly pedantic CnD, I just want to clarify that you believe DPIAT may have more to hide than just this "public" scandal, and that you don't think his behavior toward Hero was 'merely a "sexual" downfall.'

If you can elaborate - without revealing more about your own self than you feel safe doing - it might prove enlightening.

The only thing Toolbox has ever gotten right is MOAR CELLOS!!!! Can never have too many. :lol:

Kinda-sorta related to the DPIAT topic, besides I'm not sure it deserves its own topic at this time:

Over at SpiritualSoundingBoard, a contributor named devaneyjoy has some stories about Father IdolizingFamily Integrated Church with Michael Bradrick and his family. Nothing particularly new, except that after a conversation with Michael, she felt she'd been talked-down-to and confused. I only mention it because I wonder how Michael - BRADRICK'S! dad - is counseling his son as ole Shotgun Phillips,ESQ., hassles Peter with legal maneuvers.

Never thought I'd see the day where I felt as concerned about BRADRICK! as I do now. Almost feel bad about the teasing BRADRICK! nomenclature.

Another thing devaneyjoy mentions about FIC with the Bradrick family is that the parishioners were exceedingly proud of their teenagers. Ironic, given how a young woman just out of the teen years in another FIC, miles away, was being mis-led by a patriarch.

I also wonder how far Doug got before he realized he couldn't outrun Hero's relatives, and stopped under a streetlight so that they could identify him and not shoot

Also, how the one ran with a shotgun! Did he hold it aloft? Carry it at his side? Have it aimed as he ran? Did Doug need fresh undies by the time he got to the streetlight? Inquiring minds!!!! :popcorn2:

You and me both. I so strongly suspect that this was just the tip of the iceberg, but I'm a total outsider. You are closer to the action.

Seriously, Doug Phillips is a Very Bad Man. There are a lot of things that need to be brought into the Light. I hope they are. It will be better for the health of the BCA community if the ugliness is exposed rather than shuffled under the rug.

I see the majority of BCA members as Doug's victims too. I hope they will all carefully examine the teachings they have been exposed to and reject many of the Theonomist, Patriarchal, and twisted teachings of Phillips -- and Bob Sarratt's collaboration.

You can be Christian and not subscribe to ugly cult-like practices. Julie Anne of SSB has some very good advice for those struggling with getting away from twisted false "Christianity" although I don't agree with her all of the time.

I don't feel the slightest bit sorry for Bradrick! . Not one iota. He's in no way a victim. He has his own brain and was raised by parents that supposedly taught him to use it. They all have blood on their hands.

I don't feel the slightest bit sorry for Bradrick! . Not one iota. He's in no way a victim. He has his own brain and was raised by parents that supposedly taught him to use it. They all have blood on their hands.

As you may actually have to share your beautiful state with the Bradricks, I consider your opinions/attitudes far more worthy than mine. My irony cells are working overtime and focusing on the absurd in this when, like yourself and Palimpsest, I should be taking a much more serious attitude, because this man and his cronies have for sure sided with evil. All I really can do is pray for justice -- and I am, and I will!

Archived