IGNORED

Doug Phillips is a Tool and Vision Forum is Dead - Part 6

happy atheist

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I assume that he means that they know all the gory details about who DP screwed over and how.

There is something to that. When narcissists are backed into a corner, they go after those who know their secrets. Trying to discredit them, make them out to be 'crazy' and/or the ones with the problems. The more you know about a narcissist, the more danger you are in when they get called out. Doug will use every last thing he knows about them as well, and no secret is too small for him to use to try to hurt them and shift attention. Anything it takes. They know too much and if they talk, the only way to stop their speeding train is to discredit them. This lawsuit threat is just the first of many tactics Doug will no doubt throw out in force.

Jen has a new DPIAT post up. TW appears in the comment section with this:

Jen also pipes in with regard to Beall:

Despite the sources, :? it sounds plausible to me....

**sorry about the walls o'words in the quotes, but I know some don't like to click over there. Mods, please edit as you wish if it's too much.

I would tend to believe this to be true, too. Though I don't personally know about Beall, I do know of other wives in similar situations. Though they are not well-known people, they hold the same beliefs about all divorce being sin, and that a wife questioning her husband is wrong, and that even though the husband has cheated on the wife, or been involved in some major wrongdoing, that there is still no reason for her to dump him. I don't know what catastrophe it would take to open these women's eyes... :cry:

Not to mention that Beall has no recent working experience, a blank resume other than "wife/mother", and therefore has limited means of supporting herself. Perhaps the biggest deterrent to her asking for a divorce, other than moral reservations, is that her husband is a lawyer, and one who would like to return to pre-feminism days when fathers were automatically awarded full custody of their children in the event of a divorce. An enraged narcissist might well attempt to deny a disloyal wife contact with her children. And don't forget said children were raised in a cult of father-worship and might happily go along with his plans.

Lots of reasons for Beall to stay.

I assume that he means that they know all the gory details about who DP screwed over and how.

Or who Doug screwed...er...had an inappropriate relationship with. At this point, I don't believe Hero was the only one.

Is anyone else thinking that Tool wasn't really lining up Hero as his next wife, but simply just telling her this to keep her around? Pretty typical for a guy having an affair to tell the "other woman" that they would marry (of course, this is also a case of abuse).

Totally. Even if Beall had died of natural causes, no way would he have married the nanny, that would have looked odd and created too much gossip. And the Tool is ALL about appearances.

Is anyone else thinking that Tool wasn't really lining up Hero as his next wife, but simply just telling her this to keep her around? Pretty typical for a guy having an affair to tell the "other woman" that they would marry (of course, this is also a case of abuse).

Yes, I agree tropaka. The idea that Tool would outlive Beall and marry Hero was a key lie in making wrong become right, in a twisted way, in Hero's mind. Then they would be legit and that keeps her in the abusive relationship. It would be very hard from him to pull off actually marring her in the event of Beall's death, so I doubt he had that in mind.

How Beall's health affected Tool's thoughts or hopes is something we can only speculate about. Mentioning Beall's health is not to say that Doug has maliciously done anything to cause her illness or that he was planning to kill her. There is no reason to believe that the Phillips family did not do what was needed to give her help during any physical needs; obviously she is not dead. There are no known "serious health problems" on Beall's part currently.

A woman has a right to keep her health status private, of course. In particular, it puts her in a vulnerable place for comments such as "her stretched out uterus is killing her, etc", and that would be a reason to keep anything negative about her life quiet. Doug is a very controlling husband. It is in the Tools best interest to cut her off from normal friendships which she could then confide in and get counsel on problems and concerns. When she does go to *trusted* friends for help they are often also weak tools being manipulated by the Tool. If she would come to Doug with concerns my memory of this quote comes to mind.

'I sense something in your voice, and this is what I think it means' Beall quoting Doug, talking to her.

I'd lay good money on Beall not being sick. It was just Dougie's way of manipulating Hero. She was a young, sheltered girl with absolutely no worldly experience whatsoever. At the time she blossomed into a young woman she had attention given to her by a wealthy, somewhat attractive, confident, and seemingly romantic man with high status in her social circle. She fell for that hook, line and sinker and Dougie manipulated that to keep her that way. Beall isn't sick but Doug Phillips sure is a tool.

I'd lay good money on Beall not being sick. It was just Dougie's way of manipulating Hero. She was a young, sheltered girl with absolutely no worldly experience whatsoever. At the time she blossomed into a young woman she had attention given to her by a wealthy, somewhat attractive, confident, and seemingly romantic man with high status in her social circle. She fell for that hook, line and sinker and Dougie manipulated that to keep her that way. Beall isn't sick but Doug Phillips sure is a tool.

+1

Could someone give more background on why Beall is estranged from her family?

Totally. Even if Beall had died of natural causes, no way would he have married the nanny, that would have looked odd and created too much gossip. And the Tool is ALL about appearances.

I wouldn't be so sure. Tools sounds like he was smitten with Hero. And he obviously doesn't care about appearances considering how many shenanigans he pulled with her that people caught (messaging, kissing, hand holding, time alone 'working', hopping through windows). In that culture, I would think he could present a very good argument to his sheeple that "Hero has been like a second mom to the kids over the years and was such a blessing to my dear departed bride and myself during these last difficult years that it just makes sense to have her step into the role of mom."

I wouldn't be so sure. Tools sounds like he was smitten with Hero. And he obviously doesn't care about appearances considering how many shenanigans he pulled with her that people caught (messaging, kissing, hand holding, time alone 'working', hopping through windows). In that culture, I would think he could present a very good argument to his sheeple that "Hero has been like a second mom to the kids over the years and was such a blessing to my dear departed bride and myself during these last difficult years that it just makes sense to have her step into the role of mom."

Yeah, I agree with QOH. If Doug really wanted a second marriage with this woman (and I don't know whether he did or not), he would find a way to rationalize it. We've seen his eulogies to his father and Michael Billings. He knows how wring every last bit of sympathy out of people. As long as they never found out that there was "activity" before Beall's death, his sheeple would have accepted it.

Mal, can you tell us more about this:

'I sense something in your voice, and this is what I think it means' Beall quoting Doug, talking to her.

I'm reminded of another Doug, the Mormon fellow who had his wife Faylene writing prolifically about how heavenly father wanted Doug's mistress to be the kids' new mommy if Faylene had an untimely demise, which was imminent. Then Faylene fell off a cliff but didn't die, followed unfortunately by drowning in the bathtub 3 days later. 3 weeks later, Doug married the mistress, and almost got away with it. It appears he's already gotten out of prison.

http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/2014 ... in-prison/

I don't know what to make of Beall. I wish she'd dump Doug's butt after getting all his remaining assets, but I'm not optimistic about that.

I can guarantee that would improve her health significantly.

One of the most distressing aspects of Julie Anne's setting-the-record-straight post, for me:

Victim’s parents were not opposed to her going to college. And perhaps this might have occurred had Phillips not been so involved with her.

To anyone reading here who knows and communicates with Hero, and would be willing to convey a message for me, I say this - it is never too late to get an education. I hope you sue the bastard, win a big fat pile of money, and use it to go to college. Move forward, pursue your dreams and goals, and don't give this nonsense so much as a backward glance.

I saw a comment from a reader on Julie Ann's site that I thought I would share.

Maybe you have missed something here but the victim is in fact a hero. She has gone up against Doug Phillips for over the last year in an effort to see the truth come out and justice served. The victim is the reason why this story ended up going public last fall despite all of Doug and Bealls efforts she continued to tell her story until Peter, Mark, Jordan, Bob, and Joe were made aware of the situation and took action. Doug’s master plan was for everything to remain a secret and he would carry on business as usual! So yes, the victim is my hero! I am extremely proud of her. She has guts!

I've been a little skeptical of Hero's role in this in the past (applying my own non-fundy logic, which I am realizing is a flawed way of looking at this situation). But I have to say that if this comment above is true then I am completely rethinking things now. If Hero has been the one who has been making sure this story was heard loud and clear, then I have a new found respect for her.

To those here who fondly hope that Beall dumps Toolio and takes all his assets, and/or that Hero sues him for back pay/emotional distress: Please bear in mind that Dougie is probably broke at this point. His sugar daddy Leininger has dropped him like a hot potato, so God only knows how he's going to manage to support himself, let alone anyone else.

Mal, can you tell us more about this:

Beall was giving her advice on how to be a 'good wife' :? and she talked about times when she had spoken to her husband in a tone he didn't like and he would say the above to her. The intended takeaway was to not talk that way to your husband and she also said there are times when you should just keep things about your marriage between you and God (pondering them in your heart). This was after Beall at least knew of DougieT kissing another woman, it being after 2009, so she obviously had a lot of those thoughts to keep quiet :roll: :angry-banghead:.

I guess she learned how well that worked for her. Head in the sand is almost never the right path.

The idea of Doug the tool kissing is just too disgusting to fathom......yuck.....

And for some reason I keep wondering if Hero and Beallzebug are taller than Doug.

What is Doug like 5'4 ?

I keep thinking of him running around like the Munchkins from the Wizard of Oz with his

frenzied preaching.....

Regarding Beall and possible ill-health: What pops to mind is Doug's awful article about women whose lives are in danger in childbirth. thatmom.wordpress.com/2008/06/06/doug-phillips-poses-threat-to-life-of-homeschooling-moms/ has discussion, I couldn't find the original VFM post.

He says that women who allow a pregnancy to be terminated because of, say, a life-threatening condition such as an ectopic pregnancy are essentially murderers.

I don't know exactly how this is relevant to Beall and Hero but it was what I immediately thought of when I saw the mentions of possible ill-health or a 'succession'.

Regarding Beall and possible ill-health: What pops to mind is Doug's awful article about women whose lives are in danger in childbirth. thatmom.wordpress.com/2008/06/06/doug-phillips-poses-threat-to-life-of-homeschooling-moms/ has discussion, I couldn't find the original VFM post.

He says that women who allow a pregnancy to be terminated because of, say, a life-threatening condition such as an ectopic pregnancy are essentially murderers.

I don't know exactly how this is relevant to Beall and Hero but it was what I immediately thought of when I saw the mentions of possible ill-health or a 'succession'.

It's almost as if he was hoping Beall would kick the bucket. He may not have had an intention to off her, but maybe hoping she not make it through the next pregnancy.

To those here who fondly hope that Beall dumps Toolio and takes all his assets, and/or that Hero sues him for back pay/emotional distress: Please bear in mind that Dougie is probably broke at this point. His sugar daddy Leininger has dropped him like a hot potato, so God only knows how he's going to manage to support himself, let alone anyone else.

I've no doubt that Leininger has distanced himself, which makes it all the more baffling how Doug is affording the new rental house, which reportedly is in the same neighborhood and is spacious and pricey!

Archived