IGNORED

Doug Phillips is a Tool and Vision Forum is Dead - Part 6

happy atheist

Maybe Beall knew if this exploded she would have to give up the lifestyle she grew accustomed to. Could it be her and Doug's marriage is only a marriage of convenience (or at least it has become one over the years).

I think both of them thought of this...plus the embarrassment factor... if Doug went to an org that would keep it all under wraps.

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yet more proof that Doug is a narcissistic creep who always had a plan to get back in power. As for Bealzebub, like her husband other human beings are to be used and disposed of as circumstances warrant.

They both deserve each other. Only their children deserve pity.

Yet more proof that Doug is a narcissistic creep who always had a plan to get back in power. As for Bealzebub, like her husband other human beings are to be used and disposed of as circumstances warrant.

They both deserve each other. Only their children deserve pity.

Heehee! "Bealzebub"!!!! I shouldn't be laughing, but I can't help it!

Are you one of my cousins? You described my ex, and divorce, as if you were there.

The divorce took place in Florida, where my cousin and her ex still reside. Do you live there? Don't think you are her because your "voice" online sounds different than her.

Oh, and incidentally, narcissistic ex is now getting divorced for the second time. Seems that wife no. 2 threw him out of their home which fortunately she owns outright after her first divorce (his name not on the house so he's out of luck getting anything out of that) and he's living in an apartment with a coworker who's in the same sitch. We aren't surprised at all as we thought it would be only a matter of time. My cousin is getting a few kicks out of that. She still goes by her married name because of her kids and she gets some interesting questions asked of her when folks see the last name. Seems ex has gotten around a bit.

I'd love for some of our lawyers to weigh in here. :text-feedback:

Questions for our legal eagles:

1. Looking at the World article reporting on Dougie's threatening letter of March 13: What grounds (not including insanity/narcissistic rage) does DPiaT have to sue Bradrick, Muela, and Renaud. Defamation ( :lol: don't make me laugh, because it's the truth and Doug confessed.) WTF is "conspiracy" to bring down VF, DP, and family -- what crime has been committed in exposing an illicit relationship between a "Pastor" and a vulnerable lamb in his flock?

2. What charges can DPiaT make against the Board of VFM? Why can't the BoD of a 501©(3) give the boot to a president of an organization who engaged in behavior totally antithetical to the stated mission of the organization and dissolve the non-profit as the board sees fit? Wouldn't a case be kicked out of most courts?

3. The above sound like SLAPP suits anyway. Per Julie Anne at SSB, TX has good anti-SLAPP laws. Why don't PB, JM & BR and the Board just laugh and combine forces to hire lawyers to file an anti-SLAPP if DPiaT tries to file the charges? The Doug can piss away money trying to prove he has a case to a judge if he wants.

4. On mediation, The Peacemaker people sound like bad news, but why in the name of doG would Hero, Bradrick and Co., or the BoD of VFM have any incentive to go to mediation? Would there be any advantage in court?

Questions for CnD:

1. In your opinion, is JensGems right about Hero refusing mediation (I don't trust Jen's rumors)?

2. To your knowledge, are there any rumblings at BCA about removing Bob Saggatt (sp?) as Elder? Quite honestly, the person who looks nearly as bad as DPiaT here to me is Doug's co-elder. Appallingly bad! He sat there keeping the secret for months, and even Horn (now Interim Elder) claims not to have been told the real reason DP resigned.

Julie Anne of Spiritual Sounding Board has just posted Part 2 of "Attempting to Set the Record Straight - The Victim." It's another long read. A sample:

Phillips told Victim they were soul mates. He told her he loved her and had promised they’d eventually get married and have children together. During these years, the relationship with Victim ebbed and flowed. Phillips worked very hard at keeping prospective courters away from Victim. There is a story published on a specific blog about an engagement ring. That story is not true.

There were quite a few men who expressed interest in courting Victim. But Phillips did everything he could to keep her affections turned towards him, even going as far as telling Victim, “that in every other generation of the Phillips’ family, the wife dies early, so she would only have to wait.†This statement was not to imply in any way that Doug was planning on killing his wife. This was said based solely on the early demise of wives in the Phillips’ family.

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Julie Anne of Spiritual Sounding Board has just posted Part 2 of "Attempting to Set the Record Straight - The Victim." It's another long read. A sample:

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Doug's a real shitheel and Beall would be doing well to dump his sorry ass.

Here's another eye-opener from Julie Anne's article:

Doug Phillips’ double life starting to unravel in December 2012 when he was caught trying to climb through Victim’s bedroom window. Victim’s father and brother chased Phillips down the street with a shotgun until Doug stepped under a street light, revealing his identity. The relationship with Victim ended on that day.

Doug, when you let your little head do the thinking, this is what happens...and why ANYONE would let this man be your spiritual guide in anything (except What Not To Do) is beyond me.

Doug, when you let your little head do the thinking, this is what happens...and why ANYONE would let this man be your spiritual guide in anything (except What Not To Do) is beyond me.

Which head is smaller?

Julie Anne of Spiritual Sounding Board has just posted Part 2 of "Attempting to Set the Record Straight - The Victim." It's another long read.

This was another interesting article. I am glad the story is starting to come out. This also helps give another view of Hero and helps me understand her frame of mind here.

Interesting from comment section:

"I would also like to caution all the readers here who may also be reading the articles at Jen’s Gems to please be aware that much of what is written on Jen’s blog is exaggerated and inaccurate. Julie Anne thus far has had the most accurate posts on the Doug Phillips scandal as she has no agenda unlike Jen and Peter Kershaw."

Questions for CnD:

1. In your opinion, is JensGems right about Hero refusing mediation (I don't trust Jen's rumors)?

2. To your knowledge, are there any rumblings at BCA about removing Bob Saggatt (sp?) as Elder? Quite honestly, the person who looks nearly as bad as DPiaT here to me is Doug's co-elder. Appallingly bad! He sat there keeping the secret for months, and even Horn (now Interim Elder) claims not to have been told the real reason DP resigned.

1. I don't know and have not had a discussion with her that revealed that.

2. I doubt it. And it's Sarratt.

boernechristianassembly.org/about/2008/01/elders.php

Looks like Julie Anne has good sources.

The new entry at SSB does an excellent job of explaining why this "relationship" was so coercive even if Hero was legally of age. I glad that Hero seems to be moving forward with her life, and realizes that she was a victim, not a "Jezebel."

Totally agree that SSB has got it right:

This relationship was not consensual and cannot be considered consensual by the fact that Doug Phillips was in a position of authority. It doesn’t matter whether Victim received pleasure in her sexual encounters with Doug Phillips. It doesn’t matter if she may have flirted with him (I’m speculating.) The basis of this relationship can only be interpreted as abusive because of Doug Phillips’ position of authority in her life. Doug Phillips used his position of power and trust to control and gain access to a naive young woman, and he used her for his benefit for many years while hiding under the public guise of promoting family values. It is important to not shift blame onto the victim. Doug Phillips, because of his position of authority, is the perpetrator here, period.

Please, let's not have any more comments on how the Victim is "partially responsible" or "should have known" what was going on. Doug Phillips is at fault and is responsible. Period.

I am glad the whole story has finally come out. Can't figure out why Beall hasn't cut DPIAT loose. I would not live with a spouse who wanted a sleeker younger model and was hoping for my early demise to avoid divorce.

I am glad the whole story has finally come out. Can't figure out why Beall hasn't cut DPIAT loose. I would not live with a spouse who wanted a sleeker younger model and was hoping for my early demise to avoid divorce.

:text-yeahthat:

It isn't easy to cut loose when you have 6 underage children, 2 more adult children with no useful education or skill sets, or so says the better angel in my nature.

The cynic in me says Beal has gotten used to a particular standard of living, and considers the threat of Doug's "relationship" with Hero to have been beneath her contempt. Hero is there for both Doug and Beal to use and discard as they see fit in advancing whatever agenda they are in the middle of. Beal would hardly be the first wife in history to ignore her husband's extramarital activities.

Totally agree that SSB has got it right:

Please, let's not have any more comments on how the Victim is "partially responsible" or "should have known" what was going on. Doug Phillips is at fault and is responsible. Period.

:agree:

No more victim blaming, please. Put the responsibility where it belongs with Doug Phillips.

It is interesting to note that to this day, Victim admits that she has sinned, feeling that she herself should have stopped the relationship sooner. As Victim has been sharing the story to her friends, she has made it very clear that she wants to confess her sins and wants Phillips to come clean and do the same. She is not trying to play “victim†in order to gain anyone’s sympathy.

Where is Victim now?

Victim is living in her own apartment and attends a new church, the same church her parents attend. She remains close with her parents. She is employed and is doing as well as can be expected.

I hope as she moves on from this and matures, she is able to realise that she was groomed and is not to blame for this. She was just a naïve girl he groomed. It reminds me of an article I read that was written by someone who was "in a relationship" with her teacher when she was 15, which explains that now she is older, she realises how wrong it was and that he had taken advantage of her, but at the time, she thought she was in love with him and was mad when her parents found out and told the police.

Im glad to see she has her own apartment and a job :) That is awesome :) Its good she still has a good relationship with her parents and they are supporting her, its good to hear after hearing some of the Gothard stories where the parent hasn't believed their daughter and blamed her for defrauding a Godly man or making it up.

From Spiritual Sounding Board:

The Victim’s family had worked for the Leiningers and the Victim’s brother is currently employed at one of Leininger’s businesses.

This is probably a big part of why Hero is being treated with fairness by the other people in their circles. Even Jen from Jen's Gems seems careful not to disrespect the family.

There were quite a few men who expressed interest in courting Victim. But Phillips did everything he could to keep her affections turned towards him, even going as far as telling Victim, “that in every other generation of the Phillips’ family, the wife dies early, so she would only have to wait.†This statement was not to imply in any way that Doug was planning on killing his wife. This was said based solely on the early demise of wives in the Phillips’ family.

:o

CnD, did you know any of the young men who wanted to court Hero? You don't have to say their names.

Doug Phillips’ double life starting to unravel in December 2012 when he was caught trying to climb through Victim’s bedroom window. Victim’s father and brother chased Phillips down the street with a shotgun until Doug stepped under a street light, revealing his identity. The relationship with Victim ended on that day.

This goes along with what CnD told us with a few extra details. Doug sounds obsessed with Hero. Crawling into her window sounds like something a couple of teenagers would do, not the actions of a grown man. How could he have believed that he would have gotten away with something like this?

Dressed up like this, I presume.

olivia-leo-romeo-and-juliet-1968-10866552-484-940.jpg

Seriously? A middle aged (manly) man, married, father of eight, preacher, spiritual leader, protector of Virgins, hunter of anacondas, sneaking through the window of a young woman, 25 years younger, who still lives with her parents?

You can't make this shit up. It makes "American Beauty" seem like a realistic scenario. (I could BTW imagine Kevin Spacey as DPIAT. )

I can't help not laughing at Doug climbing in a window like a teenage boy and then getting chased down the street with angry family carrying firearms.

Plus, he had to have known her family would have been pissed...and armed. What made him think climbing through the window was a good idea?

I have to say I am surprised and impressed how so many have rallied around Hero. That probably took Doug Philips Who Is A Tool by surprise as well.

So Doug was getting a back-up in place for the early demise of Beall. This could have been either a) Doug just whispering sweet nothings to Hero b) As CND said, Beall was having medical issues that were serious enough for Doug to believe she would not live much longer (but perhaps pulling through in the end) or c) Doug had it in for Beall.

A seems to be the most likely, but B seems to be a possibility as well. Though if Beall was seriously ill, wouldn't his knowledge be more public?

From SSB

It is interesting to note that to this day, Victim admits that she has sinned, feeling that she herself should have stopped the relationship sooner. As Victim has been sharing the story to her friends, she has made it very clear that she wants to confess her sins and wants Phillips to come clean and do the same. She is not trying to play “victim†in order to gain anyone’s sympathy.

This is incredibly sad. Instead (from the World Magazine article):

Phillips’ attorney said her legal claims (still undefined publicly) are “false, defamatory, and made with malicious intent."

Of course Doug Phillips will not accept any responsibility. Narcissists never do. It is always someone else's fault. When cornered the narcissist always attacks.

Accepting that she was the victim of a professional abuser without a conscience will go a long way to help her healing, so she can put this behind her and move on.

I can't help not laughing at Doug climbing in a window like a teenage boy and then getting chased down the street with angry family carrying firearms.

Plus, he had to have known her family would have been pissed...and armed. What made him think climbing through the window was a good idea?

I have to say I am surprised and impressed how so many have rallied around Hero. That probably took Doug Philips Who Is A Tool by surprise as well.

So Doug was getting a back-up in place for the early demise of Beall. This could have been either a) Doug just whispering sweet nothings to Hero b) As CND said, Beall was having medical issues that were serious enough for Doug to believe she would not live much longer (but perhaps pulling through in the end) or c) Doug had it in for Beall.

A seems to be the most likely, but B seems to be a possibility as well. Though if Beall was seriously ill, wouldn't his knowledge be more public?

I think it is plausible that Beall's health may have been deteriorating with each successive childbirth. Slimy anaconda that he is, DP may have been anticipating the possibility of Beall becoming a birthing martyr, as those true women of old he admires so much sometimes did.

I hope Beall divorces him. Seriously, he was lining up a replacement for when she dies, while she was alive? That is just wrong.

Doug, I hope your dick shrivels up and falls off. Or Beall drops a brick on it while he is sleeping.

I'm going with A) Because it sounds like the fundie version of the classic "I'll leave my wife for you.....soonish." OTOH I can believe that if Beall was potentially badly ill after a birth then he did wonder if God was "setting him free" to have lots more babies with a younger model who could keep going for another 20 years.

And seriously, climbing through the window?? I believe his Clintonisms even less now. Or if actually true only very,very "technical" in a way that most people would still consider sex.

Archived