IGNORED

Doug Phillips is a Tool and Vision Forum is Dead - Part 6

happy atheist

The bible speaks against putting leaders above Jesus. This verse has popped into my head several times when reading about loyalty to some of these leaders.

I wish I could "like" this a million times, debrand.

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part 3 of Julie Anne's timeline has been posted on Spiritual Sounding Board.

Part 3 of Julie Anne's timeline has been posted on Spiritual Sounding Board.

"On October 29, five men went to Doug Phillips’ home to confront him. These were: former Vision Forum associates/staffers Peter Bradrick and Jordan Muela, former Vision Forum assistant Bob Renaud, friend and pastor Joe Morecraft, and Doug’s old college friend Mark Weaver."

I want to know more about this guy. Never heard of him before.

Victim started talking to people in August of 2013 and telling her story.

And, sadly, even his wife Beall was saying unspeakable things about the Victim to members of the community.

I'll just bet she was. Because God forbid Hero should be allowed to speak the truth.

I'll just bet she was. Because God forbid Hero should be allowed to speak the truth.

You know, I am so over that bitch (Beall, not Hero). She is no "victim." No way, no how!

I'm thinking slightly better thoughts about Peter Bradrick. I'm kind of scared.

You know, I am so over that bitch (Beall, not Hero). She is no "victim." No way, no how!

For a woman in Beall's position, it's more important to maintain appearances and stay married, no matter how big a douche she married. She has no job, no experience, and probably doesn't even have her own credit cards or bank account. She depends on her husband, not just for money but for her very identity. Even if the Tool was bad-mouthing her behind her back and suggesting that she might convinently die soon, she can't leave, unless she's willing to drop everything she's ever known including the ideology that she is a poster child for.

And to accept her husband's infidelity would undermine not only her identify, but would force her to ask whether her entire marriage had been built on a lie.

At this point, I consider Hero to be survivor not a victim.

At this point, I consider Hero to be survivor not a victim.

I was not speaking of Beall in relation to Hero. I was talking about the times I've seen well-meaning posters here and at other sites writing things like "Beall's a victim, too..." Sorry, but I just don't agree. Beall may have been a conservative young woman, but by all accounts she was not "sheltered." She lived away from her parents and earned a degree from a respected university. As a grown woman she adopted Doug's bizarre belief system, walked into their marriage with her eyes wide open, and spent several decades enabling him in every way she possibly could. And now we're hearing about how she's running around town trashing Hero.

Never mind leaving Doug now; if Beall had any sort of moral compass she would have left him long before Hero even entered the picture.

Dougie posted this a few days ago. Looks like they're trying very hard to keep up appearances.

Edited to remove photo from private Instagram. Please accept my apologies - it was public when I followed it and when I searched after the question was raised here it didn't show up as private - obviously cause I'd previously followed, but I didn't realise that.

Interesting that Dougie went private.....

Dougie posted this a few days ago. Looks like they're trying very hard to keep up appearances.

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396154583.113853.jpg[/attachment]

Who is everyone in this photo?

Who is everyone in this photo?

Joshua Titus, four daughters (Faith and Virginia are the only ones whose names I remember) and Beall.

"Worth 1,000 words x 1,000!"

Be-all contorting herself to rest her head on Jtit's shoulder -- because you KNOW a woman always needs a man to lean on...

Her baby pink shirt and attempt at youthful, flowing hair...

The semi-nauseous expression on the face of the daughter at right...

Virginia overly decked out with multiple hair bows in an attempt at maximum cuteness...

Most telling of all, Douglas WINSTON Phillips in his ID photo (the round one) with a young child -- because he's youthful, see? And energetic and virile! And an innocent li'l girl luvs him, so he can't be a BAD guy!!!!

J Teeth doesn't look as pretty as he normally does. He looks older and unfortunately, is starting to look like his dad.

Which ones the beast Dougie? :o

Is he saying that Joshua is sooooo manly hes a beast, or is he saying his kids are beautiful but Beall is a beast.

Jubilee is not being kind to her brothers in Christ by exposing her arms and collarbones. They're so visual, you know.

I was not speaking of Beall in relation to Hero. I was talking about the times I've seen well-meaning posters here and at other sites writing things like "Beall's a victim, too..." Sorry, but I just don't agree. Beall may have been a conservative young woman, but by all accounts she was not "sheltered." She lived away from her parents and earned a degree from a respected university. As a grown woman she adopted Doug's bizarre belief system, walked into their marriage with her eyes wide open, and spent several decades enabling him in every way she possibly could. And now we're hearing about how she's running around town trashing Hero.

Never mind leaving Doug now; if Beall had any sort of moral compass she would have left him long before Hero even entered the picture.

I always had mixed feelings regarding Beall. I know that she embraced Dougie's teachings and backed them up 100%, she was educated, and by no means raised as some sheltered SAHD but at the same time she's pretty stuck in her marriage with the Tool between 8 kids and no means of making her own way. She choose this life and therefore is not a victim IMHO but at the same time if she has / had any misgivings, there's probably not a lot she can do about it. And she might be afraid. Hearing about Dougie's narcissistic rage when he was confronted by Bradrick!, Morecraft, etc. has me wondering how much of that same rage she was witnessed and doesn't want to invoke. Trashing Hero, as reprehensible as it is, might be her way of desperately maintaining the whole facade to herself.

Though agree that the time for her to leave Dougie was a long time ago.

I always had mixed feelings regarding Beall. I know that she embraced Dougie's teachings and backed them up 100%, she was educated, and by no means raised as some sheltered SAHD but at the same time she's pretty stuck in her marriage with the Tool between 8 kids and no means of making her own way. She choose this life and therefore is not a victim IMHO but at the same time if she has / had any misgivings, there's probably not a lot she can do about it. And she might be afraid. Hearing about Dougie's narcissistic rage when he was confronted by Bradrick!, Morecraft, etc. has me wondering how much of that same rage she was witnessed and doesn't want to invoke. Trashing Hero, as reprehensible as it is, might be her way of desperately maintaining the whole facade to herself.

Though agree that the time for her to leave Dougie was a long time ago.

Agreed. She's pretty much screwed at this point.

Looking at that picture of Beall makes me think she is having a hard time with her new life. She is not looking kept, and it looks like she has gained weight.

Looking at that picture of Beall makes me think she is having a hard time with her new life. She is not looking kept, and it looks like she has gained weight.

I did notice she doesn't look the same as before. More tired but I guess one can't help but read into it. I mean, she's married to a guy who has shown to be more of a tool than we imagined and it's taken his family down with him.

I did notice she doesn't look the same as before. More tired but I guess one can't help but read into it. I mean, she's married to a guy who has shown to be more of a tool than we imagined and it's taken his family down with him.

I wonder if the change in looks is intentional. I didn't recognize her from that photo. Perhaps the dyed hair and casual dress allows her to go out in public incognito. It must be terribly embarrassing for her husband's nasty deeds have been exposed to the world.

Archived