IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars Everywhere - general discussion Part 4

happy atheist

Is that Josiah to the left of the guy with the jumbo arms? He looks thrilled. And it looks like he has only 15 days left (red carpet day/advancement is March 21st).

I believe you are correct. Not many of them look too happy. lol

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is that Josiah to the left of the guy with the jumbo arms? He looks thrilled. And it looks like he has only 15 days left (red carpet day/advancement is March 21st).

alertacademy.com/alert/wp-content/uploads/20140219-154058.jpg

What exactly is going on here? Is that guy gutting a rabbit or something? Looks like intestines on the table!

That photo of Jana reminds me of Natalie Hollaway(sp). DH jokingly asked me if Jana was short for Janitor... close!

What exactly is going on here? Is that guy gutting a rabbit or something? Looks like intestines on the table!

I think its a chicken. Part of the survival training. Here's the pic that preceded it

alertacademy.com/alert/wp-content/uploads/20140219-154050.jpg

Tomorrow a program that I have been anticipating for months will be on: Cosmos with Neil DeGrasse Tyson. It really saddens me that the Duggar children are never given the opportunity to get excited about science. I wonder if they have ever visited the Kennedy Space Center in Orlando, a very cool place. The community I live in will spend the next six months debating the idea of building a planetarium in our town. So far, there is nobody against the idea even though this is one of the last places you would expect to find a planetarium. Somewhere in the back of my mind is an episode in which the kids went to Space Camp. Did they actually go or was I imagining it? Are they even capable of becoming excited about science or has curiosity been drummed out of them....

alertacademy.com/alert/wp-content/uploads/20140219-154058.jpg

I think Josiah is the guy down on one knee, on the right edge of the photo.

I think Josiah is the guy down on one knee, on the right edge of the photo.

That looks more like him to me, too. That looks like a bunch of seriously disgruntled young men.

Honestly I think the show has been a GOOD thing for these kids. Yeah it may not be ideal to have every minute of your life on television, but they don't lead normal lives. I think it's a good thing to have the public watching them, less chance of doing really effed up stuff behind the scenes. And the show has provided many opportunities for travel and meeting new people that they never, ever in a million years would have had without it. That alone is exposure to a world beyond Michelle & JimBob fantasy land which is also great.

I think a lot of the Duggar girls LIKE being on Reality TV. And they like their family. Jana does not seem particularly scarred from her upbringing. In the episode where Jana and John-David went to Asia on a mission trip, Jana was practically crying because she would miss Michelle so much. If she really wanted to escape, she would have been happy to be away for 2 months.

How much do you know about ATI and Bill Gothard and the emotional scars that the majority of people raised like the Duggars raise their children end up with? It usually takes years and years to even begin to process the damage done to a person in that cult. I'm sure Jana loves her mother, but that doesn't negate the damaging effects of being raised in a religious cult AND being exploited on reality tv.

It's not likely she will ever see it and I don't care if her parents see it, how could they make her life worse at this point.

I don't want to speculate, but I know there's a way. There is ALWAYS a way in which a situation could be made worse.

Remember, even people here have admitted that the Duggars are freer than the Maxwells...

Sorry about hijacking the thread but was looking around and someone mentioned the great " peanut butter wars". What was that? Thanks.

Sorry about hijacking the thread but was looking around and someone mentioned the great " peanut butter wars". What was that? Thanks.

There's info about it in the SOTDRT forum.

Tomorrow a program that I have been anticipating for months will be on: Cosmos with Neil DeGrasse Tyson. It really saddens me that the Duggar children are never given the opportunity to get excited about science. I wonder if they have ever visited the Kennedy Space Center in Orlando, a very cool place. The community I live in will spend the next six months debating the idea of building a planetarium in our town. So far, there is nobody against the idea even though this is one of the last places you would expect to find a planetarium. Somewhere in the back of my mind is an episode in which the kids went to Space Camp. Did they actually go or was I imagining it? Are they even capable of becoming excited about science or has curiosity been drummed out of them....

Here you go!

post-693-14451998674998_thumb.png

I really didn't understand why Jana was so upset over a jewelry box she gave to Jessa but this story makes me sad for both Jessa and Jana.

I really didn't understand why Jana was so upset over a jewelry box she gave to Jessa but this story makes me sad for both Jessa and Jana.

According to Jana, she and Jill had these because they were the oldest girls. They were very pretty and Jana loved hers. It was special to her. She only gave it up to get her sister to stop pestering her. It was her treasure.

Jessa is a brat, and couldn't let Jana and Jill have something special for themselves. Thats the real moral of the story.

Here you go!

When they go to science-y type places, JB tells the kids to ignore the placards that say that the universe is billions of years old (this is what happened when they went to Huntsville, I believe). It seems like the kids aren't allowed to be excited about anything, except for housework (for girls), yard work (for boys)anti-abortion activities, and the possibility of having a large family

According to Jana, she and Jill had these because they were the oldest girls. They were very pretty and Jana loved hers. It was special to her. She only gave it up to get her sister to stop pestering her. It was her treasure.

That's really sad. I think Jana might have so unresolved issues going on that going to counseling may help her. And I don't know how a jewelry box will stop a sibling from pestering you? I know they were really young when this happened but this isn't the way to solve a problem like this.

Jessa is a brat, and couldn't let Jana and Jill have something special for themselves. Thats the real moral of the story.

But weren't these kids really young when this happened? I wouldn't call Jessa a brat but maybe she did get away with certain things because JB and Michelle allowed her to. I suspect Jana was Jessa's buddy when she was young and was guilt into giving her jewelry box away

The first thing that stood out about that picture for me was not the matching outfits but was the child holding a heavy carseat with a baby in it while Michelle had nobody. Let's hear again how she is mother of the year.

The first thing that stood out about that picture for me was not the matching outfits but was the child holding a heavy carseat with a baby in it while Michelle had nobody. Let's hear again how she is mother of the year.

Jessa was probably about 10 at the time, judging by the number of kids younger than she was. Why were her parents not carrying it?

But weren't these kids really young when this happened? I wouldn't call Jessa a brat but maybe she did get away with certain things because JB and Michelle allowed her to. I suspect Jana was Jessa's buddy when she was young and was guilt into giving her jewelry box away

They were very young, but the fact that as an adult Jana broke down on a public stage with cameras rolling about this event would seem to indicate there is a larger context here.

I doubt Jana had any say in the "giving" of the "gift". They are less than three years apart in age, so I don't think Jana was Jessa's buddy or had any authority over her. It was most likely Michelle throwing some Biblical shit in Jana's face and telling her to hand over the box to her little tormenter. I can't psychoanalyze it much further, but could this one memory be a symbol of how Jana feels about her childhood? No privacy, no personal possessions and sacrifice, sacrifice, and more sacrifice? I don't think it's a huge leap to make.

I think the jewellery box incident didn't traumatize Jana in itself, it just bothers her so much because of all it represents. She has to sacrifice all of her dreams for the family and give up everything she loves. I think she needs therapy. They all do, but especially Jana

It was not a good parenting strategy.

It taught Jana that its no use telling her parents if she has a problem, because they will make her give up things she likes as a bribe to the other kid, and that they don't care about her feelings.

It taught Jessa that if you are mean to others you will be rewarded

Archived