IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars Everywhere - general discussion Part 4

happy atheist

Was the story in one of the books? If so, they must have bad luck or something. I vaguely remember something about them being robbed at gunpoint in their house, before they had children? Does anyone remember that story?

Yes, that's the story from their first book. He took a bible and tried to give it to the criminal. It's a bit harrowing, if I remember correctly.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard him tell it on one of those Embassy videos. Michelle also mentioned Mary's hand getting hurt at the yogurt shop and shouting "PRAISE THE LORD IN ALL THINGS!" Michelle wanted to be like Mary who was obviously a very Godly woman. I only made it 15 minutes in, so I don't know what else they talked about. I did record the audio of that 15 minutes and screen capped Michelle gazing adoringly at Jim Bob lol

I'm gonna try to watch the one with Jana and Jinger talking about their Journey last year on Monday if its still up.

I've never found Jana to be self-righteous. Shy and aloof but not self-righteous.

Hmmm I didn't think of that. Very very good point. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

It's plausible though that she may feel unhappy. She's a teenager :lol: Hormones!!! But she does seem to be a daddy's girl and happier being a tomboy. If my cousin (who gets called either male or lesbian by those who judge based upon appearance) had been raised in that lifestyle of frilly pink self-righteous femininity she would not be happy. My cuz is a straight woman who just wants to be "one of the guys" because she relates better to men and the few people closest to her. She would probably resent NOT being a part of it as much as she might resent BEING a part of it.

I think Jana is my favorite. Followed by Jinger and Joy.

Poor Jana. She only gets time to herself at home if it's time with God. She sounds like if she doesn't spend her time alone with God that's bad.

I wonder what area Jinger has been struggling with. She doesn't say.

David Waller is conducting the interview. One of the other leaders mentioned Gothard. And said young people. She is a young person!

Wait, I thought Jim Bob and Michelle made Jana give her jewelry box to Jessa? The story changed... Now its God laid it on Jana's heart.

Bulb and mullet only said something special, they didn't specify jewelry box.

I think the "change" was that Boob and Mullet told Jana to give away something special, but Jana said that the "Lord laid it on her heart" to give something to Jessa. Sorry, 7 year olds don't come up with ideas like that on their own, although once Boob/Mullet told Jana what she had to do, Jana may have made the decision to give Jessa the jewelry box (probably one of the few things she had that was wholly hers). So yeah, the Lord may have lain THAT on her heart (yeah, whatevs), but I'm sure there was plenty of prodding from Boob/Mullet.

That story still breaks my heart. Foolish, foolish attempt at parenting.

Wait, I thought Jim Bob and Michelle made Jana give her jewelry box to Jessa? The story changed... Now its God laid it on Jana's heart.

I don't advocate violence, but what Jana should have given Jessa was a punch in the nose. Sometimes that is the only way to deal with bullies.

I don't think that all the older girls are self rightious, I only get this impression of Jessa and Jill. Jill, I think, happens to be fit for this lifestyle, she likes it and Jessa is the pretty princess who is strong and bitchy enough to cope with the inner ambiguities she might be having.

all the other girls seem unhappy to me. Jana's soul just seems broken, Joy is just starting to resent this lifestyle and doesnt know how to deal with it. Jinger, on the other hand, just managed to deal with it (on the surface), but seems unhappy because she this lifestyle is not for her, she lost her spunk. (she wants to live in a big city, study arts and maybe has some orientation issues?).

I don't think that all the older girls are self rightious, I only get this impression of Jessa and Jill. Jill, I think, happens to be fit for this lifestyle, she likes it and Jessa is the pretty princess who is strong and bitchy enough to cope with the inner ambiguities she might be having.

all the other girls seem unhappy to me. Jana's soul just seems broken, Joy is just starting to resent this lifestyle and doesnt know how to deal with it. Jinger, on the other hand, just managed to deal with it (on the surface), but seems unhappy because she this lifestyle is not for her, she lost her spunk. (she wants to live in a big city, study arts and maybe has some orientation issues?).

It's ok, I too have a hard time orienting myself in new, large cities...

I don't know, but sometimes I think there is a tendency to project our own feelings of unhappiness (or how we would feel if in their situation) on the older Duggar woman, particularly Jinger. I only watch show clips here and there, but to me she doesn't really seem that unhappy. Honestly, I think she seems a bit smug.

Just caught up (watched in fast forward) the two episodes from last night of 19 Kids being shown in the UK, we are currently on series 7.

:lol: :lol: Davey and Smugger mud wrestling at the Keller compound - boy did Davey enjoy that!

Then J'shelle freely admitting she was having to get breakfast and get all the blessings ready for 'church' for a change as the J'slaves were on a mission.

Not forgetting when J'chelle tells Smugger and Anna that they will need to find group fellowship when they move to DC.... :angry-banghead:

Not forgetting when J'chelle tells Smugger and Anna that they will need to find group fellowship when they move to DC.... :angry-banghead:

Reading this comment I keep thinking about less wholesome group activities... Group sweet fellowship?

i took that as michelle saying that swinging and orgys are okay, as long as the participants are godly.

Reading this comment I keep thinking about less wholesome group activities... Group sweet fellowship?

Ok, I am glad to know I wasn't the only one.

After being on FJ and snarking on the fundies for over two years now, there are just some words that have whole new meanings now and "fellowship" is one of them.

Is that the same pony god gave some girl? I keep hearing about it here and haven't been able to figure out who the lucky girl is?

Is that the same pony god gave some girl? I keep hearing about it here and haven't been able to figure out who the lucky girl is?

No, the pony was given to a spoiled brat named Raquel.

Radar online has an article of 19 duggar "scandals"

radaronline.com/photos/duggar-family-secrets-scandals/photo/629072/

Ewww, that pic - JimBob demonstrating his "trying for the next blessing" technique.

That pony looks like it's thinking, "fuck my life".

I hoped he was on a donkey. Then I could make the super sweet joke "Look! That ass has an ass on its ass!"

Archived