IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars Everywhere - general discussion Part 4

happy atheist

Not forgetting when J'chelle tells Smugger and Anna that they will need to find group fellowship when they move to DC.... :angry-banghead:

Reading this comment I keep thinking about less wholesome group activities... Group sweet fellowship?

Ok, I am glad to know I wasn't the only one.

After being on FJ and snarking on the fundies for over two years now, there are just some words that have whole new meanings now and "fellowship" is one of them

i took that as michelle saying that swinging and orgys are okay, as long as the participants are godly.

If they believe that every sperm is sacred, this would result in a whole lotta' fundie paternity tests!

Problem is, I hear 'fellowship' and I imagine it's a bunch of 'Fellows' as in men. Somehow I doubt that would be considered 'Godly' by Duggar standards.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Radar online has an article of 19 duggar "scandals"

radaronline.com/photos/duggar-family-secrets-scandals/photo/629072/

They need to add the stuff about Gothard!

They need to add the stuff about Gothard!

Maybe if they would, it would finally blow the lid....

Maybe if they would, it would finally blow the lid....

Well, they posted the link between the Duggars and VF, why wouldn't they want in on the Duggar and ATI news with the new season + book? The connection is very clear considering the homeschool conferences, Alert camp that Josiah is probably still attending, and Journeys.

Re the ski trip; didn't someone post about the time Grandma Mary hurt her knee that Boob wouldn't let a male ski patrol member of a male EMT even look at her leg.

When does the new season begin?

Did you see the post on the Bates blog about the Duggars campaigning for Zach? They are charging for book signing to raise money for him as well.

Re the ski trip; didn't someone post about the time Grandma Mary hurt her knee that Boob wouldn't let a male ski patrol member of a male EMT even look at her leg.

Yah that was me. One of my customers is on the Ski Patrol at Granby Ranch where they were skiing. He said no males could assess her on the hill and when they got down to the Ski Patrol hut Jim Bob ordered all men out of the building until the ambulance got there. FWIW-they also had all of the alcohol bottles and beer taps removed from the bar area when it showed them making food (I think it was fire cooked pizzas?).

Yah that was me. One of my customers is on the Ski Patrol at Granby Ranch where they were skiing. He said no males could assess her on the hill and when they got down to the Ski Patrol hut Jim Bob ordered all men out of the building until the ambulance got there. FWIW-they also had all of the alcohol bottles and beer taps removed from the bar area when it showed them making food (I think it was fire cooked pizzas?).

That is really odd, considering they were photographed in a 'wine cellar' type place with Santorum and they eat at restaurants with alcohol served in them. Also Michelle was attended by male EMT people when she was life flighted to Little Rock before Josie was born and I believe her doctor during the C-section was a male as well. Not to mention Josie's doctor was male, and their family doctor is male.

Maybe *Mary* requested that the males leave, and just had Jim Bob relay her request?

Maybe they didn't want the labels of the bottles or whatever showing during their show so they weren't 'promoting' a company??

So does wine fall into the "no alcohol" rule? There was no lack of wine drinking in the Bible so you would think JB would be on board with it. At his age, drinking a glass of red wine each evening would be good for his health, or so say current studies.

Don't they pretend that the wine in the bible was actually grape juice. Apart from the many other issues with this it makes Jesus's miracle changing water into wine much less impressive. Even I can change water into juice. :lol:

That is really odd, considering they were photographed in a 'wine cellar' type place with Santorum and they eat at restaurants with alcohol served in them. Also Michelle was attended by male EMT people when she was life flighted to Little Rock before Josie was born and I believe her doctor during the C-section was a male as well. Not to mention Josie's doctor was male, and their family doctor is male.

Maybe *Mary* requested that the males leave, and just had Jim Bob relay her request?

Maybe they didn't want the labels of the bottles or whatever showing during their show so they weren't 'promoting' a company??

Then wouldn't it be a LOT easier on all involved to just rotate the bottles so be labels faced backwards/didn't show? Or cover the labels on therapy somehow?

Did you see the post on the Bates blog about the Duggars campaigning for Zach? They are charging for book signing to raise money for him as well.

April 1. Beginning with Jessa's new courtship!!! :dance:

I did see that post...they're charging $50 for signing! They all need an ego check.

Don't they pretend that the wine in the bible was actually grape juice. Apart from the many other issues with this it makes Jesus's miracle changing water into wine much less impressive. Even I can change water into juice. :lol:

Maybe JB is on to something. According to Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory, wine is "grape juice that burns".

Wow, I find that so incredibly tacky.

That is just fucking messed up!

Maybe they can't boss around all restaurants, but felt they could at the ski place?

Just caught up (watched in fast forward) the two episodes from last night of 19 Kids being shown in the UK, we are currently on series 7.

:lol: :lol: Davey and Smugger mud wrestling at the Keller compound - boy did Davey enjoy that!

Then J'shelle freely admitting she was having to get breakfast and get all the blessings ready for 'church' for a change as the J'slaves were on a mission.

Not forgetting when J'chelle tells Smugger and Anna that they will need to find group fellowship when they move to DC.... :angry-banghead:

This weeks eps anoyed me, thier not even showing them in order as when it showed the preview for this weeks it showed the out come of the weight loss thing but we have all ready seen that ep the week before!

That came up on Josh's wedding episode.

Mr Keller was talking about the reception- he described it as "No drinking, no dancing, just lots of people getting together and having a good time" :? Yeah sounds a real hoot.

And he was asked about the Bible story where Jesus turned water into wine and he said "Jesus turned the water into grape juice"

Could point out that since pasteurization hadn't been invented in Biblical times that any "grape juice" would very quickly have turned to wine, and that one of the reasons people drank wine as opposed to "grape juice" is because the alcohol in the wine would destroy pathogens in contaminated water....but somehow I feel it would fall on deaf ears

This weeks eps anoyed me, thier not even showing them in order as when it showed the preview for this weeks it showed the out come of the weight loss thing but we have all ready seen that ep the week before!

OMG it started already?

Why didn't I know of this :( Is it repeated?

Well, since Jesus turned water to something else anyway, I could believe it could be grape juice because if he has powers, that's not too much of a stretch.

The other instances where wine drinking is endorsed though? Not so easy to explajn away. Like where Timothy is going to get the "grape juice" for his stomach?

FIFTY DOLLARS for a book signing?? Holy hell. Who do they think their supporters are? I doubt most other fundie families have $50 to spend on a friggin' signature, after purchasing a book for $15 - $20. If they wanted to do an event where they did signings for DONATIONS (like, left a tip jar out without specifying the amount), and it was in Zach's area, then okay. But this is just tacky as hell. Will they be turning fans away, then? And, although I know they support the Bates family as they are friends/fellow cult members, Zach is running in a small local election far, far from their own voting district. Their support outside the campaign area is not really relevant ....

I'm plowing through the Daughters' book. Laughing at the platitudes. They apparently take Saturdays as Personal Time With You Day. LOL. ause

They literally said "train up a child."

Not feeling well now, but as far as I can ascertain, it's a guide for teenagers who aren't in a two parent (hetero), abusive (they are vague...in the context they used, it reads like spanking), or just not the Right Type Of Christian To Be Cool

Jinger apparently remembers when she went to her parents at 5 because she was scared of thunder and her parents' comfort didn't help until she was 13.

Jill is as expected. Jessa's only flaw is "frizzy" hair, and Jinger is a flat out bitch.

This is my first time really posting but I just got through the first chapter of the book and it felt very hypocritical. They go on and on about not changing yourself and accepting what God gave you, but then talk about how great it is to wear makeup, style your hair and wear fashionable yet modest clothing. I also laughed how they said the don't wear frumpy shapeless clothes. Interesting how that changed after the TLC money came tumbling in. These people are a joke. I'm not saying looking nice is a bad thing but they have really changed for money. That or the teenage girls were really able to persuade their parents to let them look more normal. Anyhoo my two cents and hello everyone!

Are you serious? Who the hell do the Duggars think they are?? If grandma was bleeding out and had a serious life threatening injury it really doesn't matter who treated her

FIFTY DOLLARS for a book signing?? Holy hell. Who do they think their supporters are? I doubt most other fundie families have $50 to spend on a friggin' signature, after purchasing a book for $15 - $20. If they wanted to do an event where they did signings for DONATIONS (like, left a tip jar out without specifying the amount), and it was in Zach's area, then okay. But this is just tacky as hell. Will they be turning fans away, then? And, although I know they support the Bates family as they are friends/fellow cult members, Zach is running in a small local election far, far from their own voting district. Their support outside the campaign area is not really relevant ....

I don't think they have enough fans to cover the costs of publishing the book. Most of these Duggar fans are fundies or brainwashed people

Archived