IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars Everywhere - general discussion Part 4

happy atheist

"16. Eldest daughter Jana has admitted that she sometimes resents having to shoulder a large part of the responsibility for the Duggar brood. “For the past few months, I’ve just been really struggling with my attitude toward different family members,†she admitted in 2010. “I really need to love my family … I’ve asked the Lord to help me… because it’s not a one-time thing.â€"

Now this I could believe. I've only got one younger sibling and even I get bent out of shape at times (and I'd imagine most people do at some point). I'm not surprised in the least by this one, rather somewhat happy to hear the poor girl come out and say it. :pray:

To hell with Jinger, free Jana!

Poor Jana! I think she resents her parents a lot. More like parenfication.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why can't we talk about the sexuality of minors? I don't want to talk about it but I'm just curious.

From the rules:

*Do NOT post speculation concerning the sexual orientation of any minor children. These kids have no say in their lives being put out for public consumption and their lives are hard enough without their homophobic parents getting the idea from us that one of their children may be gay. Users who are unable to abide by this rule after warnings have been issued will be placed on a Journey to the Heart to consider their actions.

The Duggars will be doing a fundraiser for US Senate candidate Mark Harris in Raleigh on March 14. Here are the prices they are asking people to pay for a "hot dog supper":

Host: $1,000

Family (up to 6): $100

Couple: $50

Individual: $25

markharrisforsenate.com/duggars

Why won't they just donate money instead of asking people to spend their money. And I guess JB and Michelle are intimidated by a female medical provider who actually attend real college.

"16. Eldest daughter Jana has admitted that she sometimes resents having to shoulder a large part of the responsibility for the Duggar brood. “For the past few months, I’ve just been really struggling with my attitude toward different family members,†she admitted in 2010. “I really need to love my family … I’ve asked the Lord to help me… because it’s not a one-time thing.â€"

Now this I could believe. I've only got one younger sibling and even I get bent out of shape at times (and I'd imagine most people do at some point). I'm not surprised in the least by this one, rather somewhat happy to hear the poor girl come out and say it. :pray:

To hell with Jinger, free Jana!

Isn't this quote from Jana about JTTH? You have to come up with some sin, and hers was the 'struggling with attitude.' I took it to mean she didn't get along with everybody, all the time. It was a group podcast, perhaps? Creating a backstory is not ok, Radar! (Not that it wouldn't be nice if she could express feelings.)

Slightly off topic but I always wondered what it'd be like for a queer person in that family. I know we don't speculate on the sexuality of minors (and with good reason), but say one of the adult girls for example were interested in other women. They are the ones who have to be on the lookout for their brothers and alert them with a quick "nike" should any defrauding harlots come tramping by. But man how sweet would it be to be interested in women and given cart carte blanche to check them out, without letting the family know of your interest of course? Strange subject I know, but as a woman who dates women I just keep wondering how I would handle being queer in that family. I do know I would be a hell of a lot more sneaky ;)

I don't think there would be anything funny or positive about that situation. I'm gay, too, and I imagine it would be horrifying growing up in a queer hostile family like the duggars. I really think that one of the adult girls (women!) is gay (I won't say who I think it is, would that be a problem?). They might not even know they are gay because they have had no reference at all, so why would they even know they are gay. But especially for girls it must terrible to be gay, not knowing it, not knowing anything about sex and then have to sleep with your husband (who is a man) on your wedding night. that is just to.....horrifying (sorry, I don't know may words who would describe my feelings about that)

The Duggars will be doing a fundraiser for US Senate candidate Mark Harris in Raleigh on March 14. Here are the prices they are asking people to pay for a "hot dog supper":

Host: $1,000

Family (up to 6): $100

Couple: $50

Individual: $25

markharrisforsenate.com/duggars

Say what?? I might understand this if it was a formal fundraiser with high end meals served. But, hot dogs? Uh, no. I'd rather donate money to charity.

I could get a better meal from a food cart in my city than this. Heaven forbid classing things up a bit! Probably will be served on paper plates too.

Slightly off topic but I always wondered what it'd be like for a queer person in that family. I know we don't speculate on the sexuality of minors (and with good reason), but say one of the adult girls for example were interested in other women. They are the ones who have to be on the lookout for their brothers and alert them with a quick "nike" should any defrauding harlots come tramping by. But man how sweet would it be to be interested in women and given cart carte blanche to check them out, without letting the family know of your interest of course? Strange subject I know, but as a woman who dates women I just keep wondering how I would handle being queer in that family. I do know I would be a hell of a lot more sneaky ;)

Despite placing a strict control on their desires, the girls say they "have a natural physical desire toward men" and "thank God for making us 'normal.'"

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/ent ... 6/b517991/

:pull-hair: <---This is for their use of the word 'normal'. I have no words.

I don't think there would be anything funny or positive about that situation. I'm gay, too, and I imagine it would be horrifying growing up in a queer hostile family like the duggars. I really think that one of the adult girls (women!) is gay (I won't say who I think it is, would that be a problem?). They might not even know they are gay because they have had no reference at all, so why would they even know they are gay. But especially for girls it must terrible to be gay, not knowing it, not knowing anything about sex and then have to sleep with your husband (who is a man) on your wedding night. that is just to.....horrifying (sorry, I don't know may words who would describe my feelings about that)

That would have to be awful to be or to be assumed to be gay or bi in a family like the Duggars.

Despite placing a strict control on their desires, the girls say they "have a natural physical desire toward men" and "thank God for making us 'normal.'"

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/ent ... 6/b517991/

:pull-hair: <---This is for their use of the word 'normal'. I have no words.

SMH. A girl I went to elementary and high school with came out a few years ago. She immigrated with her family from Poland and they were Catholic. When one of those "7 things you don't know about me" memes went around Facebook a few months ago, she talked about how she used to pray to G-d that she would be "normal." She prayed every night that she would fall in love with a man, get married, and have children. She prayed that there would never come a day when she would have to decide between her personal happiness and her family. I can't imagine the inner torment that she went through. If prayer could "cure" same-sex attraction, it would have happened for her. How would the J'slaves explain G-d making them "normal" but not making another woman "normal" who prayed so hard for it?

Maybe they are thanking God for making them "normal" because they would have way more problems than they do now. I don't know what kinds of things would happen to them if they were gay... But it can't be good. Maybe Jim Bob has said "If any if you are gay..." Followed by a threat.

They think they're normal because all of their real feelings are suppressed. They get no help for any issues they have. Sad.

Sorry did not mean to offend. I do not think its "funny" (poor word choice on my part). I actually grew up in a really repressive religion (to me anyway) and have known I was queer since childhood. In fact, my first post on FJ was a story about how my aunt told me I could be "cured" of my sexual desires by joining the church, confessing my sins and opening my heart to be filled with the Holy Ghost. Gah it really sucked. But although I tried to suppress my feelings they were always there. Matter of fact I had the HUGEST crush on the pastor's wife. Quite an awkward situation. I hope that if there are any queer people in the family they find resources and leave. Hopefully come to a place of acceptance like I have. There are churches, support groups and their aunt to help them.

Either way it sucks to be in an oppressive situation and controlled by fear. I feel for them and was not trying to make light of their situation. SORRY

So... why is it normal for them to have thoughts about boys, but showing a knee will turn a boy into a slobbering sex fiend who can't help himself? Are HIS feelings not normal?

I just saw an article on radaronline about the duggars association with Gothard. Has anyone noticed that all the articles have said the Duggars belonged to the group? None of them say they are currently involved with the organization and we know that they are. I could understand allegedly involved, but they are out right saying not involved.

Come on Boob admit that you F****d up!!!

SMH. A girl I went to elementary and high school with came out a few years ago. She immigrated with her family from Poland and they were Catholic. When one of those "7 things you don't know about me" memes went around Facebook a few months ago, she talked about how she used to pray to G-d that she would be "normal." She prayed every night that she would fall in love with a man, get married, and have children. She prayed that there would never come a day when she would have to decide between her personal happiness and her family. I can't imagine the inner torment that she went through. If prayer could "cure" same-sex attraction, it would have happened for her. How would the J'slaves explain G-d making them "normal" but not making another woman "normal" who prayed so hard for it?

If they thank God for making them "normal" - do they then realize that means that God makes some people to be different? Does that mean God made some mistakes? Does that mean your sexuality is innate?

They don't think these things through do they?

Mrs.Youngie: I think they do. The Duggars do not think like we do. They think that dating is going to ruin your life, and kissing before your wedding day is a sin. God was not perfect, but the Duggars think they are.

If they're so normal how come they can't make decisions for themselves or get a job and/or attend a real school. Why is it sinful to have crushes? How come daddy chooses when you will date and get married?

Mrs.Youngie: I think they do. The Duggars do not think like we do. They think that dating is going to ruin your life, and kissing before your wedding day is a sin. God was not perfect, but the Duggars think they are.

I wonder how are they so perfect. They are committing the biggest sin ever. Honoring another god. They honor and support gothard. So I think the Duggars need to reread their bible.

So... why is it normal for them to have thoughts about boys, but showing a knee will turn a boy into a slobbering sex fiend who can't help himself? Are HIS feelings not normal?

I highly doubt what they are refering to is full on sexual awareness. The fundie view of sexuality is that women are dainty delicate flowers whose petals are bruised through ungodly sexual interactions, whose hearts fall apart in pieces over heartbreak. A fundie gal thinking of boys is likely desiring to fully hug, hold hands, enjoy chaste kisses, and while I'm sure the thought of having a sexual experience has crossed their minds it is likely plagued by fear, a sense of duty, very little accurate information, and I'm sure a focus on procreation rather than the sexual fulfillment of a woman. They arent having dirty fantasies about men, more dreams of being emotionally intimate with another person.

Men on the other hand are shallow physical beings. Their sexualities are like irreversible switches, if a man is turned on he will be so overcone with desire that he will have difficulty resisting, and if he can avoid touching he will undoubtedly not be able to resist having dirty sexual fantasies about them. So its best if the fairer sex avoid being temptresses to begin with. A guys sexuality isnt emotional, its a purely physical pleasure.

While fundies take it to the extreme the same logic is the route of mainstream rape culture, they arent unique in their ignorance of human sexuality. Most of society is right there with them.

Slightly off-topic, but I was reading this article today from a man who grew up ATI and went to ALERT.

http://homeschoolersanonymous.wordpress ... ahs-story/

He talks about spraining his back as a result of the intense physical activity at the camp. When he complained about the pain, he was told to pray it away, but this answer was 'not satisfactory' to him. He later got kicked out for having a 'Prideful Attitude'.

In that interview a few years back when all 4 girls went to Journey to the Heart, Jana said something about being prideful. Between this, the snippets in articles alluding to her frustration with sister-mom duties, and her moment of cognitive dissonance in her talking head in the Creation Museum episode, I wonder if she's the one who questions their doctrine the most.

Based on what's been said about Jana's childhood, Boob and Mullet worked really hard to break train her, and there were not cameras around in her younger years. I used to hope that Jana would be the next to court, but the more I think of it, I hope she's the first to break free.

Cosmopolitan reviews the book - specifically, the "Nike" thing: http://www.cosmopolitan.com/celebrity/n ... ook-quotes

"Like Arkansas' very own morality police, they're also on the look out for ladies (perhaps words like "jezebel" and "harlot" were edited out in early drafts) who aren't subscribing to a similar dress code. Sure, they don't arrest people, but the family have a special code word for these provocative women, which is "Nike." Really, there's a code word:

"That’s a signal to the boys, and even to Dad, that they should nonchalantly drop their eyes and look down at their shoes as we walk past her... It’s meant to help keep the guys’ eyes from seeing things they shouldn’t be seeing. By using the single-word signal, the warning can be given quietly and discreetly."

Slightly off-topic, but I was reading this article today from a man who grew up ATI and went to ALERT.

http://homeschoolersanonymous.wordpress ... ahs-story/

He talks about spraining his back as a result of the intense physical activity at the camp. When he complained about the pain, he was told to pray it away, but this answer was 'not satisfactory' to him. He later got kicked out for having a 'Prideful Attitude'.

In that interview a few years back when all 4 girls went to Journey to the Heart, Jana said something about being prideful. Between this, the snippets in articles alluding to her frustration with sister-mom duties, and her moment of cognitive dissonance in her talking head in the Creation Museum episode, I wonder if she's the one who questions their doctrine the most.

Based on what's been said about Jana's childhood, Boob and Mullet worked really hard to break train her, and there were not cameras around in her younger years. I used to hope that Jana would be the next to court, but the more I think of it, I hope she's the first to break free.

Jana was also the one who said something about evolution seeming to make sense when they were at the Creation Museum. She quickly added that, of course, it wasn't real or true because - - - Jesus! But it sounded like she actually had thought about it, which is more than the parents have ever done.

Archived