IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars Everywhere - general discussion Part 4

happy atheist

I was confused too because I had no idea where you were getting the old picture thing, but then I looked up two posts... oops. Now I get it. But yeah, it's a new photo. Probably some journey to the heart thing... again.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there ever was one, I don't think it's enforced strictly anymore. Joy had these ugly curls maybe one or two times, and the others have also chosen their "own" hairstyles in the last two or so years. Apparently Boob doesn't care as much anymore.

I think JimBob has bigger things to care about now than his daughter's hair styles; i.e.: the Bateses marrying off their children one after the other=more grandchildren, mentoring Josh's political career and possibly having his own shot again, wondering what to do with the 6 howlers getting older, the future of his reality show and, worst of all---no more blessings.

I think JimBob has bigger things to care about now than his daughter's hair styles; i.e.: the Bateses marrying off their children one after the other=more grandchildren, mentoring Josh's political career and possibly having his own shot again, wondering what to do with the 6 howlers getting older, the future of his reality show and, worst of all---no more blessings.

Now THAT is something I never even considered until now, and I don't know why. But he must know #20 isn't coming. The sun is setting on the '& counting' gimmick. He probably thinks he'll marry a couple of the older kids off, get a couple more years out of the reality show. By then the youngest will be older, even Josie will be six or seven. That will free him up to run for office again. Yeah, it's pure and utter speculation because I've never seen any indication from him that he wants to get back into politics, but the more I think about it the more I think he might. He certainly has more money and name recognition than last time.

I wonder how much of his own money Jim Boob is willing to spend to buy an election. I can't imagine too many mainstream folks getting very excited about him.

I think Boob would use every last penny he has to get back in and win an election. If he does decide to go back in, I'm sure he'll use Josh to promote him all the time.

Now THAT is something I never even considered until now, and I don't know why. But he must know #20 isn't coming. The sun is setting on the '& counting' gimmick. He probably thinks he'll marry a couple of the older kids off, get a couple more years out of the reality show. By then the youngest will be older, even Josie will be six or seven. That will free him up to run for office again. Yeah, it's pure and utter speculation because I've never seen any indication from him that he wants to get back into politics, but the more I think about it the more I think he might. He certainly has more money and name recognition than last time.

I've never seen anything from him to indicate that he DOESN'T want to be heavily involved in ultra conservative politics, preferably as a candidate again, if not then pulling Josh's strings.

Just had a thought - as the only married Duggar kid all these years, Josh has had a LOT of support from the family, financially, in man(woman) power, promotion on the show, energy and support from JimBob and his contacts to get his political career rolling.

As more Duggarlings get married - and I think we'll see at least three weddings in the next few years - all that support is going to be majorly diluted.

I've never seen anything from him to indicate that he DOESN'T want to be heavily involved in ultra conservative politics, preferably as a candidate again, if not then pulling Josh's strings.

Involved, absolutely. But actually running himself? That's what I haven't seen any indication of. It's his continued involvement, however, which makes me think it's not all that unlikely. Maybe he'll only want to manipulate things for his son, but I'm not so sure. Jim Bob's not even 50 yet. He's in his political prime.

Involved, absolutely. But actually running himself? That's what I haven't seen any indication of. It's his continued involvement, however, which makes me think it's not all that unlikely. Maybe he'll only want to manipulate things for his son, but I'm not so sure. Jim Bob's not even 50 yet. He's in his political prime.

I agree. And a lot of more mainstream conservatives seem prepared to overlook the crazy cause "they are such a beautiful well behaved family".

I agree. And a lot of more mainstream conservatives seem prepared to overlook the crazy cause "they are such a beautiful well behaved family".

I wonder if the Duggars haven't exhausted their goodwill, at least in Tonitown. Based on the old news articles about them that you can still find online, JB has been pimping out his family for at least fifteen years, way before they had a show or before JB held office. Given the way the family acts in public places, the locals might be more inclined to run them out of town than elect one to office (I know JD is Constable, but that's not the same as being mayor or a state senator).

Just had a thought - as the only married Duggar kid all these years, Josh has had a LOT of support from the family, financially, in man(woman) power, promotion on the show, energy and support from JimBob and his contacts to get his political career rolling.

As more Duggarlings get married - and I think we'll see at least three weddings in the next few years - all that support is going to be majorly diluted.

Someone on here speculated not long ago that's why no one else has gotten married yet - to keep the focus on Josh and his family. It would not surprise me if it were true.

That said, in terms man and woman power, the youngest are getting older, and by the time that the oldest ones are in a position to need help with their children, the youngest will be old enough to help. I have no doubt that Johannah, Jennifer and Jordyn will be sent out to care for their nieces and nephews eventually. Not Josie, though, I'm guessing she'll be the princess in the family after Jessa marries.

Good point. When Josh needed to prepare a new car lot and move his cars over to it he had lots of family help. If James is trying to run a business 5-10 years from now, how much help will be available for him?

duggars.tumblr.com

Two things. First we have the book tour the girls are going to have. Places and dates.

Secondly, there are pictures of Jim Bob, Michelle, and Mary visiting an assisted living facility... Is Jim Bob throwing his mother into a nursing home? Is this something Mary wants or needs?

duggars.tumblr.com

Two things. First we have the book tour the girls are going to have. Places and dates.

Secondly, there are pictures of Jim Bob, Michelle, and Mary visiting an assisted living facility... Is Jim Bob throwing his mother into a nursing home? Is this something Mary wants or needs?

I thought they were jsut visiting people there?

At any rate, if that's something Mary would want, more power to her.

I'd far rather live there than with all those howlers or on the bus!! Maybe Mary herself said "enough"......,

I thought they were jsut visiting people there?

Assisted living isn't the same as a nursing home. In an assisted living facility, the person has his/her own little apartment and is for the most part independent. The staff is there to help with certain tasks, but they don't provide round-the-clock care like a nursing home.

My mom had a bike accident and broke her shoulders. She stayed in an assisted living facility for a couple of months, and although she was 15-20 years younger than most of the other residents, she loved it. I say if Mary has had enough of doing laundry for the J'family and traveling around on a stinky overcrowded bus, she should go for it! She wouldn't have to cook or do childcare, and she could hang out with other seniors. Free Mary!!!

The J'Slaves are doing a book tour. I wonder if they'll show up late because of Duggar Time. I'd love to ask Jessa what she really thinks of Ben. And ask Jinger when she's getting the hell out of there.

I wonder if anyone has every asked Michelle if she got embarrassed by her hair in the earlier documenters?

I think her hair is still embarrassing.

My mom had a bike accident and broke her shoulders. She stayed in an assisted living facility for a couple of months, and although she was 15-20 years younger than most of the other residents, she loved it. I say if Mary has had enough of doing laundry for the J'family and traveling around on a stinky overcrowded bus, she should go for it! She wouldn't have to cook or do childcare, and she could hang out with other seniors. Free Mary!!!

My MIL is in a large senior community where people range from fully independent, just wanting to downsize into condo living, to those who need assisted living (MIL needed that when she fractured her kneecap), to straight up hospital care. Yes, you pretty much give this place everything you have, but they take care of you for life. They also get two meals a day in the independent living sector; one can choose to eat in, make their own meals, or go out, no pressure.

I think Mary would thrive in a place like this. There are tons of activities, and if you can still drive, you're free to do whatever you want, whenever you want to do it. Various people come in to entertain those who can't get out much (everything from Vespers to jazz bands), plus there are ongoing card games, bingo, movie nights, etc. MIL loves it there. She's still independent (her floor has shared laundry facilities, but they also have weekly housekeepers), but there's enough structure of routine to keep her from drifting off into depression, as so many seniors are wont to do. She moved in when she was about Mary's age and as her desire to cook, clean, adn entertain has waned, there have been other things to fill in the voids.

When I volunteered at a women's shelter, they helped out an elderly woman who was being physically, emotionally, and financially abused by her son and daughter-in-law. They were able to put her in a nursing home, and it was definitely not the best one in the area. A few days later, they went to go visit her and see how she was doing. She said, "I love it here! People talk with me! Every day is like Christmas!" I thought that she must have been in such a bad spot to consider a nursing home an improvement.

Archived