IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars Everywhere - general discussion Part 4

happy atheist

No way will the older girls (whose name in on the book) will go on the book tour alone. The whole family will go, in the bus. And in between book signings, the girls will be taking care of their siblings on the bus. :angry-banghead:

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No way will the older girls (whose name in on the book) will go on the book tour alone. The whole family will go, in the bus. And in between book signings, the girls will be taking care of their siblings on the bus. :angry-banghead:

There is no special moment of the kids lives that Michelle and Jimbob would not try and steal the spotlight from them on.

On their wedding days, they will find a way to make it about them and their marriage.

When they have kids, Michelle will make it all about her and how huge her family now is.

If any of them get successful in anything, their parents would mooch off them.

Jana could cause world peace, cure cancer, discover life on other planets, beat a world record in something, save a baby from a burning building and her parents would still find some way to make it all about them.

There is no special moment of the kids lives that Michelle and Jimbob would not try and steal the spotlight from them on.

On their wedding days, they will find a way to make it about them and their marriage.

When they have kids, Michelle will make it all about her and how huge her family now is.

If any of them get successful in anything, their parents would mooch off them.

Jana could cause world peace, cure cancer, discover life on other planets, beat a world record in something, save a baby from a burning building and her parents would still find some way to make it all about them.

True dat. Textbook narcissists!

Well, this is proof to me that the Lord is not answering her back. Because if he could and would, the answer would be something like "Jesus, lady, it's called menopause; look it up. And no I'm not giving you another baby. Get some therapy."

I did get a chuckle out of the mullet reference:

Good. For a fragile feminine creature it's surprising to imagine her NOT being crushed by the weight of criticism. If she really does laugh it off and take it like a man, then kudos. Even if I don't share her opinions, beliefs, religion, etc and she slightly irritates me, then I at least feel she gets a few points on my respect-o-meter. (She's pretty low on the list to begin with.)

Then again, the article is just a representation of her and not actually who she is. It could all be a facade.

Yep-- the J'Slaves denied the spotlight--the whole family has to tag along, and the appearance isn't just about the girls' book, its about the earlier book as well. Will the J'Slaves get to speak at all, or Michelle just babble on about her "bulimia" and her precious, precious blessings?

So sad. A book tour could have been one of the most exciting, independent things the J'Slaves have ever done:

http://store-locator.barnesandnoble.com/event/82906

Growing Up Duggar: It's All About Relationships

Author Event

Come and meet the whole Duggar family for this very special evening! Jana, Jill, Jessa and Jinger will be joined by the rest of their siblings. The daughters will be signing their new release, and everyone will be signing A Love That Multiplies!

Monday March 17, 2014 7:00 PM

Hamilton Place

2100 Hamilton Place Boulevard, Chattanooga, TN 37421, 423-893-0186

Come on folks...did anyone really think the older daughters would tour without the family? Looks like a concerted effort to maximize publicity for ratings to keep the show going, they timed the book release to support it, and - since the family was coming along - they might as well try to sell the earlier book too.

My predictions for the book tour:

The J'girls will be for photo ops only. Also perhaps screechy singing.

Any questions will be answered on their behalf by JB or ofJB.

No hard questions.

Anything the J'girls do say will be contradicted/clarified by JB or ofJB.

Can't you just see someone addressing a question to one of the J'ladies, and she starts to answer, and JB or MB literally grabs the mike out of her hand?

Maybe they WILL answer, but it will be scripted and JB will be watching and listening like a hawk to step in and take over if they get off point. After all they "choose" to live at home, right? We wouldn't want the world to think they didn't "choose" to have this ghost-written book published under their names, right? And, Jim-Bob LOVES his girls so they sure do have a say in their lives, right? GAG puke-smiley-emoticon.gif

Can't you just see someone addressing a question to one of the J'ladies, and she starts to answer, and JB or MB literally grabs the mike out of her hand?

I can't believe they'll even hand them the mike - JB and Mullet will have them and speak for them.

Or they'll say "Oh, mommy and daddy, why don't you tell them?"

Are Ben and Jessa engaged?

The general consensus is that they are, but they're contractually obligated to announce it on TLC/Jim Boob's schedule

Poor Joy. So she isn't an older girl? She couldn't have been a co-"author" too? She's 16 for jeebus's sake! And stuck in a slew of howlers. I wonder if she feels any resentment.

Slightly off topic but does anyone know how fundies have sex? I mean would it be missionary only? Only in the dark at night? I mean I know the abstain after a boy for 40 days, 80 for girls. Which, I believe, the duggars do because of some biblical nonsense.

What about that stupid crap Jboob gave Josh for his wedding night? What's it called or what is the gist of it? Does anyone know? T'would be SOOO snark worthy!

I hope the gothard connection becomes verrrry public, and the Duggars spend this tour constantly deflecting questions about him and their association with him.

I hope the gothard connection becomes verrrry public, and the Duggars spend this tour constantly deflecting questions about him and their association with him.

Their name came up when the Phillips scandal broke, so I expect it won't be along before the media connects the dots between the Duggars and Gothard.

Poor Joy. So she isn't an older girl? She couldn't have been a co-"author" too? She's 16 for jeebus's sake! And stuck in a slew of howlers. I wonder if she feels any resentment.

Slightly off topic but does anyone know how fundies have sex? I mean would it be missionary only? Only in the dark at night? I mean I know the abstain after a boy for 40 days, 80 for girls. Which, I believe, the duggars do because of some biblical nonsense.

What about that stupid crap Jboob gave Josh for his wedding night? What's it called or what is the gist of it? Does anyone know? T'would be SOOO snark worthy!

Maybe not. She might be perfectly happy to not be lumped in with the self-righteous pack of older girls. And because she's in the middle of a bunch of boys, she probably has a little more leeway to act out (as much as she can) her tomboyish tendencies. If she wants to leave the fold, she's in a better position to do so than if she were one of the olders. I think there are advantages, but it's a matter of if she sees them.

I just learned when Jim Bob was growing up, his mom worked as a telemarketer and would preach the gospel to a customer.

She should have been fired for that. Im all for religious freedom, but she was losing money for her company by spending her time going off topic in conversations with customers. And the only thing worse than telemarketers is telemarketers that talk about religion.

She should have been fired for that. Im all for religious freedom, but she was losing money for her company by spending her time going off topic in conversations with customers. And the only thing worse than telemarketers is telemarketers that talk about religion.

I agree. I also learned Jim Bob was carjacked and hog tied in his garage when Michelle was pregnant with Jana and John David. He tried preaching the gospel while being tied up.

I doubt anyone going to the Christian Book Stores to meet the Duggars will dare bring it up. Who know if the Barnes & Noble crowd even know who he is or make the connection. I imagine that the only people going to these things are Duggar leghumpers. I just don't see them bringing up anything remotely controversial.

I think lots of people are going to make the Duggar-Gothard connection, now that the story is hitting what Sarah Palin lovingly calls the "lamestream media."

I just learned when Jim Bob was growing up, his mom worked as a telemarketer and would preach the gospel to a customer.

Doesn't Chris or Nathan Maxwell do that?

Maybe not. She might be perfectly happy to not be lumped in with the self-righteous pack of older girls. And because she's in the middle of a bunch of boys, she probably has a little more leeway to act out (as much as she can) her tomboyish tendencies. If she wants to leave the fold, she's in a better position to do so than if she were one of the olders. I think there are advantages, but it's a matter of if she sees them.

I've never found Jana to be self-righteous. Shy and aloof but not self-righteous.

I agree. I also learned Jim Bob was carjacked and hog tied in his garage when Michelle was pregnant with Jana and John David. He tried preaching the gospel while being tied up.

Was the story in one of the books? If so, they must have bad luck or something. I vaguely remember something about them being robbed at gunpoint in their house, before they had children? Does anyone remember that story?

Archived