IGNORED

The Demise of VF & Doug Phillips is a Tool - Part 5

happy atheist

I'm still not convinced that Jen has called out the wrong woman. "Doug Phillips is a Tool had sex with the nanny" makes much more sense to me than "Doug Phillips is a Tool and Kelly Bradrick/some other lady had some sort of long distance thing that may or not be physical." Jen's info came out quite early in the scandal. If it was incorrect surely someone would have anonymously commented by now. The simplest answers are usually the correct ones. I think we are trying to overcomplicate things here bc we are frustrated that the gossip has died down.

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to realize that a lot of fundies have been discouraged in multiple ways from using critical thinking skills. From birth, they have been taught to respect the hierarchy and not trust their own personal feelings. I think that it makes them gullible in a way. You can see the same thing happen in American politics. The right wing is willing to vote for a candidate that doesn't really practice any of their beliefs as long as that candidate says the correct words.

Thanks for your explanation Debrand.... It is that I keep seeing "likes" from him in all fundies'pictures and I couldn't imagine why haven't they banished him from their lives... Specially former VF employees like the Coughlan man. He is now in such a difficult economical situation because Doug's "sin" and keeps having some kind of good relationship with the tool...

Anyway... Does anyone know where have the Phillips move to? It seems to me they are still in Texas

I think the real culprit here is financial wrongdoing. Quite possibly he did have an affair with a woman, but it seemed like that was thrown out there in order to allay suspicion from something else.

I think a lot of people know what he's done, financially, but they are afraid of him. He's a lawyer - who in their right mind is going to take on someone like that. This also makes sense of why he went off on Bradrick the way he did. I'm sure he threatened to take legal action against him if he revealed any wrongdoing on Dougs part.

I really think there's way more to this than the financial side of things. There were facebook comments to the effect of "this is stranger/more shocking than anyone could imagine" and that just doesn't fit with the issue only being financial, although I think there is very likely a financial element. There is also or was also some kind of legal investigation going on going by the comments on FB and Jen's blog. That may be why many people can't comment but when that finishes (if it hasn't already) we may well find out more information of all sorts. Be patient. Something more will emerge at some point.

WTF?

Jennifer Grady Says:

January 26, 2014 at 6:49 pm

Jen, I can’t believe you have betrayed us like this. We loved you and cared for you so much when you attended BCA, and you have repaid us by attacking our wonderful leader. You are a traitor. What’s next, will you take your talents to South Beach? One thing I know for sure, God will judge you for this (Eph. 7:22). God hasn’t forgotten about those sins from 1989, and neither have we! And trust me, the list of your sins is very long. Not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven…In God’s eyes, you are as small and insignificant as Eddie Gaedel. None of your efforts will come to anything (Lev. 12:17). Vision Forum will rise again! We will take back the culture! No girl will ever be allowed to earn a college degree! Contraception will be banned! I hate you, Jen. I hate you with a perfect, godly hatred (Romans 9:7). Far be it from me to wish vengeance upon my enemies, but I certainly hope you get gang-raped by a couple dozen Harley bikers and die in agony.

(posted at Jen's Gems)

It's gotta be a Poe. Or maybe Jen wrote it herself. No VF "lady" is going to speak like that.

Surprised Eston didn't delete it or respond with one of his sententious pieces of shite.

ETA: He did both! :lol:

T.W. Eston Says:

January 26, 2014 at 8:06 pm

I made the mistake of approving a comment from “Jennifer Gradyâ€, but I also posted a reply stating that it may have been an imposter. Jen assured me that it was most certainly was an imposter. I should have spoken with Jen prior to approving it. I’ll do my best to avoid making that kind of mistake again. My apologies for any confusion that may have resulted.

In God’s eyes, you are as small and insignificant as Eddie Gaedel.

Mr. Gaedel was an individual with dwarfism who gained some fame by participating in a St. Louis Browns baseball game in 1951.

I had to consult dear wiki for that info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Gaedel

Who would know this?

Who would besmirch the name of a long-deceased individual in a Poe response?

These people are so weird. But we can't let that dissuade us from our mission to watch this and figure it all out.

Eddie Gaedel. Honestly.

:cray-cray:

If Jim finds buyers for the house, I wonder if they will paint over the bible verse on the kitchen soffit:

e9bDS0CM1lw

If Jim finds buyers for the house, I wonder if they will paint over the bible verse on the kitchen soffit:

e9bDS0CM1lw

Score! How old was lil Jubilee at the time? In her more recent pictures she seems to have lost her effervescence.

How old was lil Jubilee at the time?

The video was uploaded in August 2008.

Here's Dougie, being highly quotable, in 2009:

(sorry, I couldn't get it to embed)

e9bDS0CM1lw

OMG, has to be seen to be believed :geek:

More trips down memory lane with Doug, in case anyone has forgotten just what a toolish tool he is:

(that one includes Scott Brown talking about the "weaknesses of the weaker vessel" and his son and sons-in-law receiving "a deposit in the early parts of their marriages" :shock: -- by which he meant he read them a book)

Galapagos:

tVK7tqD.jpg

The Amazon:

Pompeii:

The 200-year plan:

Artificial wombs (Geoff Botkin's in this one, too):

Doug managed to get a local news station to give VF products a free commercial:

A young Josh with his trebuchet:

And, of course, for anyone who has not yet seen it, the classic Battle Swords in Action the warehouse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa6U3KWewoM&list=UUQD1FC4pMsaAwHwlNm7szhw

There are lots more videos still up at the VF Youtube channel. Enjoy!

OMG, has to be seen to be believed :geek:

First, why is the acronym for Everyday News "ENN"? What's the extra 'N' stand for?

And secondly, if I had a bible verse stenciled in my kitchen (NEVER) it would be, "To Eat, and to Drink, and to Be Merry." I mean, let's at least try for relevance, folks.

Mr. Gaedel was an individual with dwarfism who gained some fame by participating in a St. Louis Browns baseball game in 1951.

I had to consult dear wiki for that info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Gaedel

Who would know this?

Who would besmirch the name of a long-deceased individual in a Poe response?

These people are so weird. But we can't let that dissuade us from our mission to watch this and figure it all out.

Eddie Gaedel. Honestly.

:cray-cray:

I wondered the same thing. Why would someone use such an obscure reference? Most people have no idea who Eddie Gaedel is. Why use her name in such a strange, insulting way?

Although I think that it is Poe, I don't understand why some people aren't threatening to sue Jen's Gems. Vision Forum's reaction to these rumors make no sense to me. It leads me to wonder if there is something worse happening that Boerne Church wants to hide.

They had (have?) a powder room?!

It just means the loo, right? Like, a room with a toilet and a sink, but no shower or bath or laundry facilities.

Thoughtful, thank you for those links to the cavalcade of toolishness. I was surprised that Doug (Phillips who is a tool) failed to photoshop himself into the depiction of Washington crossing the Delaware--or maybe he has, and I haven't seen it yet. Off to peruse more of the VF collection!

Doug Phillips is a tool.

New post up at Spiritual Sounding Board about TW Eston.

spiritualsoundingboard.com/2014/01/27/tw-eston-co-blogger-at-jens-gems-blog-is-a-rushdoony-fan-and-a-kinist/

Archived