IGNORED

The Demise of VF & Doug Phillips is a Tool - Part 5

happy atheist

I just realized I finally made it to being on a manly romp. It just won't be the same without Doug, though. :cry:

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it too much to hope that all this shutting down of Facebook pages is because something is about to blow up? Yeah probably. They're probably just having a big 'ol scrubbing party.

Is Bradrick.org available?

I've wondered for a long time if Doug's affair was with someone(male or female) who is the member of a powerful family.It makes no sense that the those involved are so careful to protect the other person In fact, if Doug had sex with the daughter/wife/son of a powerful man, all this makes a little more sense. I still think that there are financial shenanigans behind the scene but maybe the affair was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Yep, totally. I'm open to all theories. We don't know what the hell happened but sex over $$$ as opposed to $$$ over sex is a definite possibility.

Your theory of the powerful family scion would also explain the absolutely unprecedented (for Fundies) failure to shame the woman in this case. Gotta say, if the person we call Hero was really uninvolved with Doug and her "identity" shared with TW (although he might have tiptoed up that primrose path all by himself) as a deliberate red herring to discredit Jen -- I really hope Hero got a massive payoff to keep her mouth shut!

I was in a long and boring meeting today. My mind wandered to Big Bucks scion connections and Dougie the Tool with his love for Technicoloured Dream Coats so ...

With apologies to Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber:

Potiphar had very few cares

He was one of Texas’ millionaires

Having made a fortune buying shares in

Hospital beds

Dougie was an unimportant

Tool who found he liked his sponsor

Consequently he worked much harder

Even with cellos

Potiphar could see that Dougie

Was a Tool above the average

Made him leader of his ministry

Maximum promotion

Potiphar was rich and so fine

But his wife(daughter/son) would never toe the line

It's all there in chapter thirty-nine

Of Genesis

S/he was beautiful but

Seductive

Dougie’s grin and wide legged stance

Had attracted big attention

Every morning s/he would beckon

Come and lie with me love

Dougie wanted to resist her/him,

Till one day s/he proved too eager

Dougie fell from grace

Letting out a mighty roar

Potiphar burst through the door

Dougie, I'll see your ass put in a sling

The stuff you have done is a very bad thing!

Chorus:

Poor, poor Dougie, kicked out on your butt

You had to go and fuck, hey, kicked out on your butt

Poor, poor Dougie, kicked out on your butt

You had to go and fuck, hey, kicked out on your butt.

F

Kelly Bradrick's page seems to be gone as well.

But her twitter is still there......

And Peter has a YouTube account which includes a Joe Morecraft selection: Why God Hates Kinism

But her twitter is still there......

What the hell does she tweet about?

No hot water....

Just fed the kids and now waiting on hot water....

Ran out of hot water -- no more baths till later....

Kids came in dirty from playing -- too bad there's no hot water....

Just had a baby

Still no hot water....

I'd trade my husband's wide stance for a 50-gallon hot water heater....

Sure I love Jeebus but what I'd really love is a jacuzzi tub filled with hot water....

:pray:

From the NCIFC intern application:

Hmmm. Something's missing....

There - fixed it for you!

:dance:

Hi Interns! :penguin-no:

You might want to start your editing with the following line from the pitch for your job:

"Our prayer is that the deposits made in these young men will help launch a new generation of church leaders and elders."

I think the copy may have been written by one of Doug (Phillips who is a tool)'s internship graduates. What's next--wide-based stances and tweedy jackets?

Doug Phillips: still a tool.

Hi Interns! :penguin-no:

You might want to start your editing with the following line from the pitch for your job:

"Our prayer is that the deposits made in these young men will help launch a new generation of church leaders and elders."

I think the copy may have been written by one of Doug (Phillips who is a tool)'s internship graduates. What's next--wide-based stances and tweedy jackets?

Doug Phillips: still a tool.

Making deposits in young men seems to be an unfortunate turn of phrase that Scott Brown likes -- start at about :26 on this video:

You mean it wasn't a mistake?

Scott, when you say that, it sounds sexual. What are you depositing in them? If you aren't depositing your sperm in their assholes, stop saying it because it sounds like you are :D

Actually, keep on doing it. You practically write your own jokes.

You mean it wasn't a mistake?

Scott, when you say that, it sounds sexual. What are you depositing in them? If you aren't depositing your sperm in their assholes, stop saying it because it sounds like you are :D

Actually, keep on doing it. You practically write your own jokes.

The unintentional double entendres are hands down my favorite part of fundie tracking. :D

OR

faith of godly seed

OR

godly faith of seed

OR

seed of godly faith

OR

faith-y seed of god…

and to think that all this time I thought people were saying "godSPEED" when they were really saying "godSEED" :lol:

Oh, I so hope these facebook take downs are just a prelude to the drama to come. :D

Same here. Wondering if there is something about to pop that even Scott and Co. can't stop from happening.

Same here. Wondering if there is something about to pop that even Scott and Co. can't stop from happening.

That would make me happy. I need a little more fundie excitement to follow.

... and it's not as if "investments" isn't actually a better word for what he means.

I'm bummed Petey took his FB page down. I loved it when he would post photos of, you know, the raccoons he killed and stuff. Soooo manly.

I'm bummed Petey took his FB page down. I loved it when he would post photos of, you know, the raccoons he killed and stuff. Soooo manly.

I am too. I was so looking for more dainty morsels.

I want to know what is next for Doug and his family. Where have they gone, where are they living now? How is he supporting his family?

Nucah2A.jpg

:D

While searching for this and that, I found some lovely Dougisms from 2004:

I am truly grateful for the blessing of God on this nation. How good the Lord Jehovah Jireh has been to us. He has providentially poured out blessings unprecedented in the history of the West. He has given us a rich, glorious and blessed heritage rooted in the faithfulness of a great cloud of witnesses who walked before us

Under a picture of a plaque devoted to a Native American:

The liberals and revisionists who tend to manage the great historical landmarks to our liberty simply despise public markers like this one mounted on the wall of the first Jamestown church building. They want you to believe the myth that Christianity is oppressive, and all savages lived an idyllic life of nobility before the invasion of European Christians. In contrast, this marker (placed three quarters of a century ago) praises the religious conversion of a Virginia Indian, who rejected the savage and occult tradition of his people, converted to Christianity and saved the lives of many women and children from being brutally murdered by his own tribe.

Another picture caption:

One of the highlights of the trip was watching the older girls take initiative to come along side, befriend, and even teach the younger girls. Here Kelly Brown helps out Liberty Phillips.

And another:

One of the oft overlooked heroes of this great nation is John Smith. What a man! But for him, Jamestown would have self-destructed. He single-handedly kept the men focused, organized and inspired during some very dark hours. His life was simply epic. As a boy he lived in the woods, as a teenager he had already killed a number of Turks in battle and rescued a castle, and by the time he was twenty-eight and heading for Virginia, he had a remarkable reputation as a hero and adventurer across Europe. His motto, represented above on the statue, means "to conquer is to live."

Scroll down to "Faith and Freedom Tour" on this page to see the pics and read more:

vftonline.org/XianAnarch/cause/bush/www.visionforum.com/hottopics/blogs/dwp/2004_10_01_index.htm

While searching for this and that, I found some lovely Dougisms from 2004:

Under a picture of a plaque devoted to a Native American:

Another picture caption:

And another:

Scroll down to "Faith and Freedom Tour" on this page to see the pics and read more:

vftonline.org/XianAnarch/cause/bush/www.visionforum.com/hottopics/blogs/dwp/2004_10_01_index.htm

This kind of shit pisses me off. If anybody is guilty of revising history it's fundies. Same goes for oppressive Christianity. Fundamentalist Christianity is a blight!

Archived