IGNORED

The Demise of VF & Doug Phillips is a Tool - Part 5

happy atheist

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check out the "browns farm" photos in that link above. Heckuva spread. I remember someone on the yuku board said her husband rented space from Brown in downtown Raleigh/whatever city he's inflicted himself upon. She said her husband found Scott to be a good landlord and personable. FWIW.

Scott's repentance questions for Doug/notDoug are so wordy! Sounds to me like a guy trying to sound all educated and erudite ... winding up instead sounding like somebody who knows how to copy and paste old Puritan theses.

Scott's repentance questions for Doug/notDoug are so wordy! Sounds to me like a guy trying to sound all educated and erudite ... winding up instead sounding like somebody who knows how to copy and paste old Puritan theses.

Word. It's as if their main qualification for erudition is using Victorian-era wordiness.

Check out the "browns farm" photos in that link above. Heckuva spread. I remember someone on the yuku board said her husband rented space from Brown in downtown Raleigh/whatever city he's inflicted himself upon. She said her husband found Scott to be a good landlord and personable. FWIW.

This is the perfect description of most fundie writings MJB!

While searching for this and that, I found some lovely Dougisms from 2004:

Under a picture of a plaque devoted to a Native American:

Another picture caption:

And another:

Scroll down to "Faith and Freedom Tour" on this page to see the pics and read more:

vftonline.org/XianAnarch/cause/bush/www.visionforum.com/hottopics/blogs/dwp/2004_10_01_index.htm

Sniff......

I miss him so! :( :(

twitter.com/jtitusp

I checked out Joshua's twitter with the hope that some clue would be dropped.

People who advertise their church with signs saying "God is not angry... come to our church"are missing the message of the Gospel.

Really, Joshua? Your dad just had an affair with someone-who knows who-and by his own beliefs should be stoned by his church members and you still want to cling to the angry god idea?

Apparently, he watched the debate between Nye and Haim

Joshua Phillips â€@jtitusp Feb 4

Dear Science Guy, the words "kind" and "species" are not synonymous. You know better. #creationdebate

Isn't kind one of those words that creationists have given its own definition?

No mention of his dad or the rest of his family. He does respond to Darby Sproul but she seems to ignore him or at least she doesn't respond back to him.

twitter.com/jtitusp

I checked out Joshua's twitter with the hope that some clue would be dropped.

Really, Joshua? Your dad just had an affair with someone-who knows who-and by his own beliefs should be stoned by his church members and you still want to cling to the angry god idea?

Apparently, he watched the debate between Nye and Haim

Isn't kind one of those words that creationists have given its own definition?

No mention of his dad or the rest of his family. He does respond to Darby Sproul but she seems to ignore him or at least she doesn't respond back to him.

Jtitsup, "kind" is not a scientific word. You know better. Or maybe you don't, given the quality of SOTDRT education. Let me explain the hierarchy: Life, Domain, Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species. Where does Kind fit in? Is it synonymous with Order? Family? Class?

Let's save Jonathan Park, and then get it nominated for a Grammy! :cracking-up:

Watch the video, folks -- just to hear Isaac Taylor claim that the Roys are "super-creative," but still "humble 'n' Christ-like."

It also could make a great drinking game, if you go for every time he says "creators," "creative" or "creation."

He says they need to buy the rights back from Vision Forum Ministries. But that no longer exists -- do they have to buy it back from Leininger?

Sniff......

I miss him so! :( :(

Don't cry! You know he can't stay away from the limelight for long. Wave some fancied-up Confederate uniforms in his direction, set up a podium and a microphone, and strike up the cellos. It's like using a bug zapper to attract pests. He'll be pontificatin' and dominionatin' in no time.

In the meantime, Doug Phillips is a tool.

Edited to add: I'm a Vision Forum Intern now! Does this mean my custody gets transferred to NCFIC? I guess I should hurry up and fill out their application. Not sure how to explain about having a vagina--they don't seem too keen about that on the application. Perhaps I could say I had an unfortunate bicycling accident as a child?

Let's save Jonathan Park, and then get it nominated for a Grammy! :cracking-up:

Watch the video, folks -- just to hear Isaac Taylor claim that the Roys are "super-creative," but still "humble 'n' Christ-like."

It also could make a great drinking game, if you go for every time he says "creators," "creative" or "creation."

He says they need to buy the rights back from Vision Forum Ministries. But that no longer exists -- do they have to buy it back from Leininger?

A drinking game? No way! I'd be legless before watching half that video.

On the last part: Vision Forum Ministries has closed its doors but is almost certainly still in the throes of liquidating assets as a 501©(3) and this is part of the process. The Board/Scott Brown (not Leininger, even if he is the puppet-master) would be officially in charge of managing this process. I wonder whether VFM was deeply in the red and what will happen to any remaining funds (if there are any) once all the bills are paid. I want to see the books and follow the money!

Stupid question: if VFI sold Jonathan Park to VFM for 60,000 a couple of years ago why is Creationworks of CA asking for $100,000 "MINIMUM Crowdfunding Goal."

Surely the value hasn't increased that much and the product has very limited appeal. Would repackaging and recirculating existing albums cost 40K? Then an extra 50K to fund a new product? Fools and their non-tax deductible money ...

On the last part: Vision Forum Ministries has closed its doors but is almost certainly still in the throes of liquidating assets as a 501©(3) and this is part of the process. The Board/Scott Brown (not Leininger, even if he is the puppet-master) would be officially in charge of managing this process. I wonder whether VFM was deeply in the red and what will happen to any remaining funds (if there are any) once all the bills are paid. I want to see the books and follow the money!

Stupid question: if VFI sold Jonathan Park to VFM for 60,000 a couple of years ago why is Creationworks of CA asking for $100,000 "MINIMUM Crowdfunding Goal."

Surely the value hasn't increased that much and the product has very limited appeal. Would repackaging and recirculating existing albums cost 40K? Then an extra 50K to fund a new product? Fools and their non-tax deductible money ...

Palimpsest, I'm with you - when any money info comes along, I"ll be most interested!

Dear, deluded, mis-led JTeefs:

People who advertise their church with signs saying "God is not angry... come to our church"are missing the message of the Gospel.

His lousy father has so re-defined and mis-defined "Gospel" that Teefs doesn't see it when it's on a church sign! God is not angry because of the Gospel - the work of Christ to make us right with God.

Joshua, you mean the Law. The law the law the law that your dad has expanded and expounded upon and failed to live up to, so miserably. Young man, get you to a Lutheran church, or a Catholic one, Episcopalian. Learn from a pastor who actually has a degree in and understanding of Christian theology.

What's left of my heart really aches for that kid and his coterie. They are SO mixed-up. Because of Doug, and those who supported him.

Yeah, I can't do the math their either.

Question about crowd-funding: Since the donations are not tax-deductible, the recipients pay no income tax on them, right? It's become such a popular thing. I don't see what the donors get out of it (other than some dumb donation-level "prizes" that cost the recipient almost nothing). The mind boggles.

I was kidding about Leininger -- I figured he's keeping himself in the shadows still.

However, I didn't think through the idea that dismantling VF is probably a long process, and not yet done, that there still was a board handling debts, assets to be sold, etc.

I would love to see the books (well, to be honest, I would love someone whose brain doesn't shut down when confronted with legal jargon and numbers to see the books, and give me a short explanation! :lol: ).

Wesley Strackbein (Vision Forum Public Relations Director)

I found this name from Jen's Gems latest article. I hadn't heard Strackbein's name and did a google search and thought this was mildly amusing

blog.mysanantonio.com/texas-politics/2011/06/at-least-he-got-a-perry-autograph/

Apparently, Strackbein wanted an antigroping law to be passed and tried to discuss it with Governor Perry

When he got to the head of the line and told the governor he was disappointed about his lack of support for the anti-groping bill, Perry said “Woo!†and then went on to say there wasn’t enough time in the special session to round up support for the bill.

Woo? Think about it, Perry could have been my country's president. Woo indeed. :lol: :?

According to the article Strackbein is in the oil and gas business. I wonder what he does.

He told me he was a seventh-generation Texan who was in the oil and gas business and also did media relations for a Christian ministry.

He also wrote an article about the Sanctity of Life

thedailyhatch.org/2013/03/16/sanctity-of-life-saturday-article-by-wesley-strackbein-past-failures-and-future-resolves-in-the-battle-for-human-life-includes-video-truth-and-history/

Doug Phillips, a constitutional attorney and the founder of Vision Forum Ministries, notes the significance of this earlier landmark decision: “You cannot understand Roe unless you understand Griswold, and you cannot understand Griswold unless you understand the changing nature of judicial interpretation.â€

In Griswold v. Connecticut, the Supreme Court struck down a law which forbade contraception use on the basis of “the right to privacy,†a doctrine found nowhere in the Constitution, yet one the justices derived from the “penumbras†and “emanations†of the document.

He also uses the strange argument that because children can't be put to death for their father's crimes that rape victims can't get abortions.

A commenter on Jen's Gems claims

:Speaking of irony Phillips now lives on, get this, Jurassic Lane in Spring Branch. That’s where he moved after he had to move out of the Vision Forum mansion. He’s not hurting any though. Really nice property in a really expensive neighborhood.

Apparently, Doug Phillips sometimes narrates under the name Winston MacArthur

Apparently, Doug Phillips sometimes narrates under the name Winston MacArthur

It is claimed that he narrated the infamous allosaur film under that name:

simply-christian.org/blog/raising-the-allosaur/raising-the-allosaurus-and-bordering-on-deception/

mininstrywatchman.wordpress.com/2006/12/11/doug-phillips-raising-the-allosaur/

Sure sounds like his voice on the trailer. Oh, and look who posted these videos on YouTube!

BKuC4o9ljPE

X2Xsad4m-dQ

I don't have the patience to read Jen's Gems, so all of this may be redundant to what is there.

Winston MacArthur? Off to search.

Uh, yeah. I sort of knew that Winston MacArthur thing. It definitely dates back to the Raising the Allosaur video, IIRC.

Douggie did fake voices all the time. Sometimes better than others.

Winston MacArthur, eh? Hey, let's play a game! Lets make a list of all the situations in which Dougie would find an alias useful. I'll go first:

Craig's List "casual encounters" section (M4F or M4M, doesn't matter).

Archived