IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars & More Duggars - General Discussion Part 3

happy atheist

How are people not suspicious of this??? Why would anyone want to send their daughters to a camp where they have to submit a photo and only the attractive ones get in.

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe we've seen group photos from JTTH that include girls with short hair, girls of color, and a wide range of mainstream attractiveness. So maybe that's just a rumor? Or maybe that is about working at HQ instead of attending JTTH?

Isn't the photo requirement for the family to join ATI?

However, having viewed the Basic Seminar is now a requirement to go to JTTH.

I believe we've seen group photos from JTTH that include girls with short hair, girls of color, and a wide range of mainstream attractiveness. So maybe that's just a rumor? Or maybe that is about working at HQ instead of attending JTTH?

Hmm, you're right. :think: I know Gothard goes for a type, but I may be confusing JTTH requirements with Doug Phillips and his entrance requirements to intern at Vision Forum. All I remember about the article I read was that a girl complained about not being able to attend JTTH because she supposedly wasn't considered attractive enough.

It was to be an intern at ATI HQ where you have to submit a photo and then Gothard uses his boner to pick the girls he thinks are hottest. I remember one commenter on Recovering Grace where someone said they wanted to be an intern there but wasn't considered for it because she wasn't his type, on one of the articles about his unwanted attention to hot interns. I also think one girl said she got dropped from his favorites because on photo day she was sick and looked very unattractive in the photos he would look at (and probably masturbate to) each day. JTTH seems way less picky-there are girls there who don't look they would be his type, I guess he doesn't care if they are hot because he doesn't get to be around them as often as the interns.

I didn't know Doug had similar requirements for his interns, although it wouldn't surprise me if he did, now we know what his tool gets up to.

It was to be an intern at ATI HQ where you have to submit a photo and then Gothard uses his boner to pick the girls he thinks are hottest. I remember one commenter on Recovering Grace where someone said they wanted to be an intern there but wasn't considered for it because she wasn't his type, on one of the articles about his unwanted attention to hot interns. I also think one girl said she got dropped from his favorites because on photo day she was sick and looked very unattractive in the photos he would look at (and probably masturbate to) each day. JTTH seems way less picky-there are girls there who don't look they would be his type, I guess he doesn't care if they are hot because he doesn't get to be around them as often as the interns.

I didn't know Doug had similar requirements for his interns, although it wouldn't surprise me if he did, now we know what his tool gets up to.

Thanks for the clarification. Jellybeans, I knew something like that was mentioned in a thread somewhere...just couldn't recall the details.

Ugh, Bill Gothard is so disgusting. I'm getting both ragey and nauseous thinking about what he does with pictures of those innocent girls when he's having "alone time" in his office.

:puke-front:

I'm not exactly wishing the guy dead, but you know when Gothard kicks the bucket there's going to be a huge power vacuum. Who's ever going to be able to replace him? As far as anyone knows he doesn't have a successor waiting in the wings. So who's going to step up and run ATI and keep everyone happy/in line? ATI's glory days are already gone, I think when Gothard goes it might fracture completely.

I'm not exactly wishing the guy dead, but you know when Gothard kicks the bucket there's going to be a huge power vacuum. Who's ever going to be able to replace him? As far as anyone knows he doesn't have a successor waiting in the wings. So who's going to step up and run ATI and keep everyone happy/in line? ATI's glory days are already gone, I think when Gothard goes it might fracture completely.

I can't think of anyone who has it in them to replace Gothard. David Waller, might try but he isn't that likable. Robert Staddon? I think the whole thing will crumble without him. This sound mean but I really wish he would be a live to see it all fall apart. His whole life reduced to nothing.

If I lived near places where the Duggars go, I would protest, but I doubt they'll ever come to the Canadian west coast.

A girl that I went to high school with in Ontario is a legit Duggar fan. It's strange. When we were in school together she never seemed overly religious (even though it was a Catholic school). Heck, she had an eyebrow piercing, was in drama club, and dated bad boys. I just don't understand how anybody can worship these malarky-spouting idiots.

I'm Catholic, and before I looked more into their beliefs, I really liked the Duggars (this was in the early days of their TV specials; no show yet). I didn't know *anything* about fundamentalist Christianity. I didn't even know it was a thing. I'm from a part of the country where talking about religion at all is kind of taboo, so it wasn't even on my radar. If you were Christian, I basically thought you were either Catholic, Orthodox, or mainstream Protestant. Megachurches were something I hadn't even heard much about.

When I started digging, though, and found out about Gothard, and the Pearls, and Patriarchy, I couldn't believe it. I felt like I had been deceived. I'm not a fan of theirs anymore.

I wish something scandalous would come out on him, and his downfall would be more epic than that of Doug Phillips is a tool. I mean I can't believe it hasn't already. The guy must have more than a few skeletons in his closet, and the allegations of inappropriate comments and touch by young female interns means he must be a pretty shady character.

Concerning the proposed "Abortion Holocaust Museum": Someone on TWoP mentioned that, unlike the victims of the real Holocaust, fetus' don't have journals, photographs, personal effects, anything else that would tell their story. What would an abortion museum have or what kind of story is JB trying to tell? My guess is that he wants to say, "Millions of babies have been killed since Roe v. Wade" but that alone isn't going to fill up a museum, where visitors expect to learn about real people and events. And how would vigilante groups like the Army of God be depicted? If they were described as anything other than murderers and arsonists, the authorities could close everything down for inciting violence.

I can't think of anyone who has it in them to replace Gothard. David Waller, might try but he isn't that likable. Robert Staddon? I think the whole thing will crumble without him. This sound mean but I really wish he would be a live to see it all fall apart. His whole life reduced to nothing.

I cant see David doing very well at it.

Gothard is smart (even though most of what he says is pure bullshit and scientifically inaccurate), and manipulative, and he just oozes evil. He seems like this creepy, unchanging malevolent entity, who just pops up in these photos as if he was photoshopped in-he is the exact same, all of the time, like he isn't really human. Theres something off about him, and I would probably be afraid if I met him, he seems like the kind of guy who would probably rape you, and that's before I knew that he likes to molest interns.

David isn't scary at all. He is just too much of a comical figure to lead an evil cult. Even his attempts at crime are hilarious. He is this silly, camp, over the top guy who cant be taken seriously at all. He is a totally harmless, weird, idiot.

In other words, in the words of Millionaire Matchmaker Patti Stanger, the penis does the picking.

I cant see David doing very well at it.

Gothard is smart (even though most of what he says is pure bullshit and scientifically inaccurate), and manipulative, and he just oozes evil. He seems like this creepy, unchanging malevolent entity, who just pops up in these photos as if he was photoshopped in-he is the exact same, all of the time, like he isn't really human. Theres something off about him, and I would probably be afraid if I met him, he seems like the kind of guy who would probably rape you, and that's before I knew that he likes to molest interns.

David isn't scary at all. He is just too much of a comical figure to lead an evil cult. Even his attempts at crime are hilarious. He is this silly, camp, over the top guy who cant be taken seriously at all. He is a totally harmless, weird, idiot.

Part of Gothard's "appeal" is that he is an uncharismatic leader. From what I've read, he seems to come off like a non-threatening grandpa type and people think, "He's so modest and kind." Unlike the more flamboyant cult leaders, like Jim Jones or David Koresh, Gothard doesn't put on a big show or use sex appeal to reel in followers. He's meek and mild and seems to be the poster of a "servant leader" who has given up a family life of his own to help other people. It's only when you start peeling away the facades that you realize how sinister he is.

Perfectly said ILJ! Something about him and his never changing presence creeps me out in the worst way. That description you gave (bolded) makes me think of Gothard as that uber scary old man from poltergeist. I mean, just imagine how frightening Gothard will be when he is older? I imagine it will be hard to keep up the facade as he ages, older people tend to have an "I dont give a fuck" attitude when it comes to others' judgments of them. Seriously, my grandma turns off her hearing aid when she doesn't like the conversation, she just doesn't care! (Love her!)

post-4896-14451998647679_thumb.jpg

Josh just posted a pic of Rotan working which has to be a direct response to the Internet chatter (us) concerning his standing with the Duggars.

Hi, Josh! Thanks for letting us know Rotan's employment status. Now, why don't you come and talk to us.

Josh doesn't even talk to his fans on twitter & Instagram. No chance of him talking to us. He is actually well on his way to be a politician - lots of talk but forgets to listen to the people he claims to represent.

She looks kinda tired. Poor girl, she should be having fun with her friends instead of being her mother's slave. I guess she has had to take over Jessa's chores cause Jessa has been spending a lot of time with Ben.

Joy turned 16 last year. Joy, Trace Bates & my son are the same age but I guarantee my son is having far more fun being 16 than either Joy or Trace.

Joy always looks tired. I always looked exhausted at her age too, but I had severe depression, anxiety, and anemia. I hope she's just staying up too late.

She also looks more and more like Jessa the older she gets.

I know there's a lot of dislike for Amy on here, but I just started following her Instagram. Although she seems to love the duggar family and maybe is actually close to them she sure doesn't subscribe to all of their beliefs. I hope she stays close enough to them that when Joy turns 18 she can go live with her. They seem close.

Maybe the board of directors would choose one of their own to replace Gothard?

iblp.org/about-iblp/corporate-information/board-directors

Dr. John Stancil has the look down already!

I giggled way too much at the guy named Billy Boring. Sorry, I'm 12.

I kind of hope Joy and Josiah break free and share an apartment and get to learn how to be their wonderful selves without being held down by their parents. And of course that other kids follow, but I'd really love it if they started the trend because neither of them seem like they'd be happy with the fundie lifestyle. From the outside it kind of looks like they've started to settle/be moulded, but I hope it's just a coping mechanism or something for while they're still stuck there.

Archived