IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars & More Duggars - General Discussion Part 3

happy atheist

But I thought they could do anything in flip flops, so what's the point of branching out, and wearing boots, when you can do anything in skirts and ratty flip flops?

I think if you prefer flip flops it probably mrans you don't like having your feet confined, so buying boots for a possible week or two of cold weather seems unlikely. Most of them probably just wear their one pair of sneakers and or dress shoes on the freezing days.

I live in a warm climate and wiould often have a 1 pair of knee high boots cause I thought they looked good, but it had to be pretty cold to actually bother to pull them out, and years I didn't have a pair I just made due with flats on cold days.

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so what do you guys think: next season starts in early march. what announcements will there be:

josh and anna child no. 4 (still no twins for anna)

jessa courtship and engagement

another duggar girl courtship ( i hope its jana, but i think its jinger)

john-david courting

a duggara girl moving to d.c. for a few months to help out

WHAT?? This isn't the Victorian Era where chicken breasts were renamed white meat and piano legs were covered up by little pantaloons. Who the hell finds chicken breasts, piano legs or tree crotches even remotely suggestive?

White meat sounds kinda sexy to me. ;)

But I thought they could do anything in flip flops, so what's the point of branching out, and wearing boots, when you can do anything in skirts and ratty flip flops?

Why are they so defensive about flip-flops? Is there some kind of ATI "theology of the flip-flop" that complements the better known "theology of the skirt" that is so beloved of fundies in general?

Not trying to spam you with photos, but Jordyn is seriously starting to look like Hannie/Jinger

v2v6owzp.jpg

Jordyn is so cute! Does anyone ever wonder about the Duggar kids relationships with each other? There's so many of them crammed together in that house, I'm sometimes curious how they all get along, and if it's possible that some of them barely know each other at all in spite of being siblings. Like how does Joy Anna get along with Jenny? Does Josiah ever interact with Johannah? What about Jeremiah and Jill? Just using those particular combos as examples....anyhoo, I've always been curious about that aspect of the family and would love to hear others' opinions on this

Why are they so defensive about flip-flops? Is there some kind of ATI "theology of the flip-flop" that complements the better known "theology of the skirt" that is so beloved of fundies in general?

Gothard has a foot fetish

Jordyn is so cute! Does anyone ever wonder about the Duggar kids relationships with each other? There's so many of them crammed together in that house, I'm sometimes curious how they all get along, and if it's possible that some of them barely know each other at all in spite of being siblings. Like how does Joy Anna get along with Jenny? Does Josiah ever interact with Johannah? What about Jeremiah and Jill? Just using those particular combos as examples....anyhoo, I've always been curious about that aspect of the family and would love to hear others' opinions on this

I think about this waay too much xD But I don't think anyone here knows for sure, they sadly never show much of that on the show, which is weird considering interactions are the most interesting part of a family. My guesses are that Jessa and Jinger are the closest at the moment, they're probably really thankful that they have at least one normal friend/sister. I also think Jinger admires Jessa a bit and tries to be more like her, just like in high school. Also close are Jed and Jer I think, they always seem to be together. Hannie and Jackson were close a few years ago, not sure if they still are. Jackson at least seems to like being with the younger girls. But seeing that Hannie is WAY smarter and quicker than him, I don't know if she enjoys it too. Jana and Jill is a weird one, I think Jana sees Jill being happy and busy with work and knows that she is not as happy. Wether she thinks that's her fault I have no idea, but she has to notice it. Jill seems to like the whole world, so I'm sure she likes all her siblings as well. Jessa and Jinger seem a tad bit annoyed by her though. With Joy, she seems to like both her sisters and her brothers, I always had that impression. She's a nice girl, I think she even likes her parents, when she was younger she was around Jim Bob a lot. But since she's an unhappy teenager now she probably can't relate to her siblings at the moment, except Josiah perhaps. I have no idea about the little ones/older ones and the boys/men, they usually just show the boys running around or looking bored, not saying much, and the little ones are usually with one or two J-slaves and not around the other siblings.

For reference, here is Jill hugging Michelle. She must have a heart of gold, I've seen her do it on the show and Michelle never really reacts much.

iu9ro9no.jpg

I don't think every sibling is close with eachother. There are a few close friendships between close in age siblings, and the buddy relationships, but other than that, its like living with 20 other housemates, or being in an orphanage or something.

Isn't it normal to have closer friendships with the siblings in your age range? There are plenty of friendships between the Duggar children(The five older girls,Jessa and Jinger, Jinger and Joseph, Joseph and Josiah, Joy and Josiah). I don't expect Jessa to be best friends will Jordyn or John David to be best friends with Jackson.

Isn't it normal to have closer friendships with the siblings in your age range? There are plenty of friendships between the Duggar children(The five older girls,Jessa and Jinger, Jinger and Joseph, Joseph and Josiah, Joy and Josiah). I don't expect Jessa to be best friends will Jordyn or John David to be best friends with Jackson.

I would bet that is the case. An 18 yo and an 8 yo are not going to be super 'close' in a friendship way. The older Duggars likely see their much younger siblings more as their 'kids' more than siblings.

My husband is the middle of 23 (13 if you don't count adopted siblings) and I'm an only child so I find his sibling relationships fascinating.

He is not that close with the brothers that are within 5 years of his age and never was growing up. His whole life it was his brother 8 years older and his brothers 6 and 7 years younger that he was closest to. I would say it had to do with common interests like sports , dirt bikes (and building bike and mechanical ability) and how religious they turned out. It seemed like the boys in his family were separated more by the ones that like camping, outdoors, and had mechanical ability and the ones that were readers or chess players. The girls were absolutely spilt between the ones that liked kids and didn't and it is so obvious today. The 3 sisters that loved babies and kids have big families and the ones that were over it have careers and 1 child at the most.

Of course my MIL did not push church, certain jobs, or any sort of specific expectations on her kids like the Duggars she just wanted them to be happy, finish high school, and find a job that made them happy to go to work everyday.

I would suspect the Duggars girls relationship are based the same way on who really wants and loves the lifestyle and who might be questioning it in any way they might be able to. Since the boys are sheltered and have such limited oppurtunites, I can see big age gaps in friendships. It has become clear that Josh & Josiah are very close and there is about 8 years. Since pulling pranks and cowboys and Indians, and bb guns are their hobbies a 10 and 17 year old could be just as close as a 10 and 12 year old. Remember they have very little to go on to know what normal peer relationships are like.

If you asked Michelle, she'd probably say that they are all each others best friends. At least Kelly Bates has said that some are closer than others and that it is interesting to see that.

I bet some of them haven't spoken to eachother in months, theres just so many that it would be impossible to keep super close relationships with all of them.

I bet theres some Michelle and Jimbob haven't spoken to in weeks other than things like "Kids, dinner's ready!" that addresses the whole family.

I bet some of them haven't spoken to eachother in months, theres just so many that it would be impossible to keep super close relationships with all of them.

I bet theres some Michelle and Jimbob haven't spoken to in weeks other than things like "Kids, dinner's ready!" that addresses the whole family.

Oh, but J'chelle schedules a meeting with them every week. :roll:

Oh, but J'chelle schedules a meeting with them every week. :roll:

I thought the kids had to schedule those meetings using the chart on the fridge!

My husband is the middle of 23 (13 if you don't count adopted siblings) and I'm an only child so I find his sibling relationships fascinating.

He is not that close with the brothers that are within 5 years of his age and never was growing up. His whole life it was his brother 8 years older and his brothers 6 and 7 years younger that he was closest to. I would say it had to do with common interests like sports , dirt bikes (and building bike and mechanical ability) and how religious they turned out. It seemed like the boys in his family were separated more by the ones that like camping, outdoors, and had mechanical ability and the ones that were readers or chess players. The girls were absolutely spilt between the ones that liked kids and didn't and it is so obvious today. The 3 sisters that loved babies and kids have big families and the ones that were over it have careers and 1 child at the most.

I read somewhere that this is common. Children in larger families form a closer bond with siblings several years older or younger, rather than with those close in age. There may be more conflict with siblings very close in age and there is less to argue about when there is a gap. Within the Duggar family, however, there may be bonds formed by the buddy system or by "jurisdictional" assignments. The group of older girls do seem close, especially Jessa and Jinger. Those four have had to do a great deal of child care, cooking, and other house work together. Josh and John David don't seem that close. JD and Joseph seem closer and appear to have interests that are more similar. I wonder if sibling bonds change as they age. Do brothers and sisters remain close to the same siblings as adults?

There's a new parentables up about Michelle having two sets of twins.

She goes on about Jana and John and how they are both different because one is female and the other is male, but there are other differences as well. Apparently, Jana used to be quite the wild child and enjoyed climbing bookcases. Michelle keeps going on and on and on about them. Then she suddenly remembers she has other twins too. They're both different but they are both boys. It's almost as if they are individuals whose personalities are not solely determined by their gender. And then it ends. Insightful.

parentables.howstuffworks.com/family-matters/michelle-duggar-raising-twins.html#mkcpgn=fbtlc1

She goes on about Jana and John and how they are both because one is female and the other is male, but there are other differences as well. Apparently, Jana used to be quite the wild child and enjoyed climbing bookcases. Michelle keeps going on and on and on about them. Then she suddenly remembers she has other twins too. Their both different but they are both boys. It's almost as if they are individuals whose personalities are not solely determined by their gender. And then it ends. Insightful.

parentables.howstuffworks.com/family-matters/michelle-duggar-raising-twins.html#mkcpgn=fbtlc1

She is clueless.

I think about this waay too much xD But I don't think anyone here knows for sure, they sadly never show much of that on the show, which is weird considering interactions are the most interesting part of a family. My guesses are that Jessa and Jinger are the closest at the moment, they're probably really thankful that they have at least one normal friend/sister. I also think Jinger admires Jessa a bit and tries to be more like her, just like in high school. Also close are Jed and Jer I think, they always seem to be together. Hannie and Jackson were close a few years ago, not sure if they still are. Jackson at least seems to like being with the younger girls. But seeing that Hannie is WAY smarter and quicker than him, I don't know if she enjoys it too. Jana and Jill is a weird one, I think Jana sees Jill being happy and busy with work and knows that she is not as happy. Wether she thinks that's her fault I have no idea, but she has to notice it. Jill seems to like the whole world, so I'm sure she likes all her siblings as well. Jessa and Jinger seem a tad bit annoyed by her though. With Joy, she seems to like both her sisters and her brothers, I always had that impression. She's a nice girl, I think she even likes her parents, when she was younger she was around Jim Bob a lot. But since she's an unhappy teenager now she probably can't relate to her siblings at the moment, except Josiah perhaps. I have no idea about the little ones/older ones and the boys/men, they usually just show the boys running around or looking bored, not saying much, and the little ones are usually with one or two J-slaves and not around the other siblings.

For reference, here is Jill hugging Michelle. She must have a heart of gold, I've seen her do it on the show and Michelle never really reacts much.

iu9ro9no.jpg

Oh wow, that picture takes me back! They've changed so much since then.

Anyway, I agree that interactions are definitely an interesting part of a family, wish they'd focus more on that aspect than all the dumb field trips they go on. Makes you wonder if there's a reason they don't?

Your assessments sound right on with what I've seen for sure, though it's the relationships they don't highlight that intrigue me the most! Maybe because I only have one sibling that I am close with and I always thought it would be awesome to have more. I couldn't imagine living with brothers and sisters and having them be virtual strangers, but then again this isn't a normal household we're talking about so....

She goes on about Jana and John and how they are both because one is female and the other is male, but there are other differences as well. Apparently, Jana used to be quite the wild child and enjoyed climbing bookcases. Michelle keeps going on and on and on about them. Then she suddenly remembers she has other twins too. Their both different but they are both boys. It's almost as if they are individuals whose personalities are not solely determined by their gender. And then it ends. Insightful.

I notice that it's mainly about them as infants/toddlers, not so much how they grow. For both sets, too.

This may have been discussed before but are there QF-style-fundies who are openly/vocally anti-Duggar? I assume that the cult of Gothard doesn't have open Duggar dissent but I was wondering if there are people who lead similar QF, fundamentalist lifestyles who openly speak out against the Duggars and their now-"worldly" ways?

Archived