IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars & More Duggars - General Discussion Part 3

happy atheist

The more I think about it, the more I think that we need to start taking a different approach when it comes to encountering the Duggars in public. Instead of trying to get into blend in and get into Duggar events to ask questions, there should be organized protests outside every Duggar appearance, like how there was a long period where Scott Walker couldn't go anywhere in the country without encountering protestors. There should be big signs, banners, and talking to news cameras. It wouldn't change JimBob's mind, but it would raise awareness to the public that the Duggars exploit the Holocaust, and that is unacceptable.

I'm just talking off the top of my head and don't expect this kind of thing to happen right away, but maybe it is time for a change.

And that's not breaking any law right? I just remember what happened at the flea market, but they can't do anything against protestors in public, right? If so, go for it!

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I think about it, the more I think that we need to start taking a different approach when it comes to encountering the Duggars in public. Instead of trying to get into blend in and get into Duggar events to ask questions, there should be organized protests outside every Duggar appearance, like how there was a long period where Scott Walker couldn't go anywhere in the country without encountering protestors. There should be big signs, banners, and talking to news cameras. It wouldn't change JimBob's mind, but it would raise awareness to the public that the Duggars exploit the Holocaust, and that is unacceptable.

I'm just talking off the top of my head and don't expect this kind of thing to happen right away, but maybe it is time for a change.

Any kind of planning will need to be done off this board. Too many Duggar spies on here.

Is there any way to start a secret members-only chat thread for organizing Duggar protests? I'll probably never be able to attend one in person, but I would interested in hearing back from the folks who go.

Who is Rotan again?

The camera man who leaked something about Jess and Ben sharing a special Christmas or something. His instagram went private after the comment went viral.

Bad idea, y'all. Bad, bad idea. The Duggars aren't worth it. They aren't worth going to jail over. Our resident moles have probably alerted them already.

The camera man who leaked something about Jess and Ben sharing a special Christmas or something. His instagram went private after the comment went viral.

Ah, thanks!

Duggars.tumblr. com is speculating on Rotan getting fired for posting in favor of gay rights, plus the Christmas leak.

Josh and Anna are no longer following him and even Amy stopped. I find it very strange as they used to comment on each others stuff daily.

Duggars.tumblr. com is speculating on Rotan getting fired for posting in favor of gay rights, plus the Christmas leak.

That's a dumb thing to fire someone over. The casual fans still don't know, and the obsessive fans/ obsessive snarkers already figured it out from the pictures and typical fundie behavior. I'm sure he's been warned to shut his damn mouth, but if he got fired, it wasn't over this.

That's a dumb thing to fire someone over. The casual fans still don't know, and the obsessive fans/ obsessive snarkers already figured it out from the pictures and typical fundie behavior. I'm sure he's been warned to shut his damn mouth, but if he got fired, it wasn't over this.

Amy posted the gay rights pic they are talking about, I don't think Rotan posted anything like that.

To be clear, Amy's pic had nothing to do with gay "rights." It was pretty much a "love the sinner" thing without saying that outright. However, from what I've seen of Rotan's feed, he's pretty damn liberal.

Bad idea, y'all. Bad, bad idea. The Duggars aren't worth it. They aren't worth going to jail over. Our resident moles have probably alerted them already.

Going to jail on what grounds? If all these assholes are allowed to protest in front of abortion clinics, people from here should be allowed to protest what the Duggars stand for :snooty:

Going to jail on what grounds? If all these assholes are allowed to protest in front of abortion clinics, people from here should be allowed to protest what the Duggars stand for :snooty:

Well considering what happened to FMJ at the flea market, I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility.

Any kind of planning will need to be done off this board. Too many Duggar spies on here.

I'd suggest that those who do plan and orchestrate protests PM each other, rather than broadcast it here.

Well considering what happened to FMJ at the flea market, I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility.

Duggar events aren't the Sochi Olympics, peaceful/non-violent protests are allowed. Just use common sense (ie. don't try to record people without their consent).

FMJ went to 'infiltrate' and brought a hidden camera meant to record them without their knowledge. That's a lot different than showing up to openly protest.

That said, unfortunately I don't think a small group protesting the Duggars will have the desired impact. Those who don't follow them don't care, and fans will write off the protestors as crazy or hateful.

Got it. Won't discuss it further here. And it probably doesn't pay to think about it yet unless they actually get their stupid museum off the ground.

Is it insane of me that I actually want to go on one of these journey to the heart things, just because I'm so curious of what it's like (and what they'd make of someone like me who isn't at all religious)? I'm trying to imagine the reactions, can't picture it somehow...

Is it insane of me that I actually want to go on one of these journey to the heart things, just because I'm so curious of what it's like (and what they'd make of someone like me who isn't at all religious)? I'm trying to imagine the reactions, can't picture it somehow...

No, I want to go too. Just to see. But they would never let me in.

I think we talked about this a few years ago. It required parents approval and signatures, letters from the pastor of your church, 800 dollars for non ATI members, etc

It was way more trouble than it was worth, and the odds of actually being able to get in were slim.

I think we talked about this a few years ago. It required parents approval and signatures, letters from the pastor of your church, 800 dollars for non ATI members, etc

It was way more trouble than it was worth, and the odds of actually being able to get in were slim.

anybody can take a course to become a pastor....

Or become ordained with the Universal Life Church. There's not even a course that you need to take -just pay the fee and you're ordained. Of course, I don't think Universal Life ordination would cut it with ATI if they caught on.

Wasn't there something on the No Longer Quivering blog about how Gothard vets potential candidates for JTTH? Supposedly, they have to meet a certain standard of attractiveness in order to be allowed to attend. Girls are required to have the long, flowing hair with curls, must be a certain age and size, etc. Boys, I'm not sure, the only standard I've seen for them is that they have to be fundie royalty. But I thought potential candidates had to send pictures in as a part of the approval process.

Archived