IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars & More Duggars - General Discussion Part 3

happy atheist

They are standing in the snow and they wearing skirts. I have to wonder what kind of footwear they have on. I hope it isn't flip flops.

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im sure they at least have some decent shoes, and the common sense to put them on instead of get frozen toes in the snow. Although they've done far stupider things in flipflops.

Im sure they at least have some decent shoes, and the common sense to put them on instead of get frozen toes in the snow. Although they've done far stupider things in flipflops.

Chicken droppings and trails in Central America (snakes, anyone?) immediately come to mind.

While I have plenty of issues/disagreements with how the Duggar parents raise their children, at least they all appear to be well-fed and of a healthy body weight, unlike the Rodriguez children, who look like they are being starved.

This isn't really a compliment to the Duggars, because it's a parental obligation to feed your kids (or at the very least, feed them and go hungry yourself if you can't afford to provide food for all your family).

I like new new hairstyle - it's very flattering.

Chicken droppings and trails in Central America (snakes, anyone?) immediately come to mind.

I immediately thought of construction sites. (Habitat for Humanity) There are so many choices really. You are right though. Central America was probably the worst.

She's also toned down the eyeliner. I think she looks very good.

I just hope she's changing her looks because she wants to/likes it (I mean she's always been pretty, but this style just looks way better on her), and not because she's getting ready to court after Jessa gets married off or something like that. You never know with these people...

While I have plenty of issues/disagreements with how the Duggar parents raise their children, at least they all appear to be well-fed and of a healthy body weight, unlike the Rodriguez children, who look like they are being starved.

This brings up a good question: What would change if the Rodrigues family got their own TV (not that I think this would ever happen) show? Money, travel, wide recognition, people taking a closer interest in how the children were doing. The Duggars with the first 16 of their children were living in a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house prior to moving into the TTH. I guess part of what I'm asking is how much money and fame factor into the apparent well-being of the kids.

I guess part of what I'm asking is how much money and fame factor into the apparent well-being of the kids.

Well, not knowing exactly who the Rodriguez kids are (and trying to google them while trying to get over my posting-shyness), I'd say that at least money would have to play a good role in the kids well-being. Obviously more money means more/better food, and the possibilities of better clothes/footwear and a bigger/better house. I mean there's no way the Duggars could even afford everything they have if they didn't have the show, I'd assume that they'd probably just be finishing up building the TTH now if it weren't for the show.

Just by looking at the Duggars you can kind of see how fame has changed them - makeup, self-tanner, iPhones, better clothes, the house... In some way fame would change any one - both materialistically and on a more important self-level

(I'm probably not making any sense since I'm trying to rush through this while at work)

I'm probably going to be in the minority on this one, but I'm not too crazy about Jinger's new hairstyle. The look is attractive on her, but she appears to be made up to look like a clone of her sisters. Her hair now appears to be identical to Jana and Jessa's style, and it looks like it's also been dyed to match her sisters.

The crunchy perm may not have been her original choice, either, but at least it made her look different from the others.

I don't understand why fundy women don't wear boots (not counting Uggs) more with their skirts. I live in boots in winter. It was less than 20 degrees F (-6 C) when those Anti-Choice March photos were taken.

A nice flat-heeled riding-type boot would work so well for them. I know boots are expensive, but you can find them at thrift stores.

Is it perhaps that boots aren't "feminine" and "dainty" enough to meet fundy standards of womanhood? Are low heeled boots too androgynous, and spike heeled boots too aggressively sexy?

I've seen them wear boots in the past. I think it partly has to do with cost, but also, and I'm not saying this to pick on them! some of them would have a hard time finding boots that fit right because they don't have tiny calves. I have the same problem, am taking my brand new boots to get stretched this weekend, matter of fact.

Her hair now appears to be identical to Jana and Jessa's style, and it looks like it's also been dyed to match her sisters.

I think it's her natural hair colour... We're just not used to seeing it because the product she usually uses in her hair that gives it that "wet" look also makes it appear darker.

I don't know how anyone can watch them interact for more than 5 minutes and think Jim Bob wouldn't do anything that Michelle wanted, if she really wanted it. I'm sure she is submissive in that he makes most decisions, but I am 99% certain that if it is something that is important to her Jim Bob will follow her advice.

Obviously we don't know much about their actual lives, but they seem to be quite in love and Jim Bob seems to look to Michelle for guidance more than the other way around.

I agree. JB loves Michelle. JB may may the headship, but I think Michelle doesn't seem as submissive as other fundie wives. They had a few years of a normal life before they turned full on fundie.

I've seen them wear boots in the past. I think it partly has to do with cost, but also, and I'm not saying this to pick on them! some of them would have a hard time finding boots that fit right because they don't have tiny calves. I have the same problem, am taking my brand new boots to get stretched this weekend, matter of fact.

I'm the proud owner of a pair of 17-inch circumference calves. I've had good luck finding boots on zappos - you can filter by calve circumference and boot/shaft height. They aren't cheap, but they look good!

I'm surprised by the lack of boots among fundies, but also by how few of them wear tights/leggings when they do wear boots. Apparently it was cold enough at Jessa's courtship/engagement photo shoot to need coats, but not tights?

I'm the proud owner of a pair of 17-inch circumference calves. I've had good luck finding boots on zappos - you can filter by calve circumference and boot/shaft height. They aren't cheap, but they look good!

I'm surprised by the lack of boots among fundies, but also by how few of them wear tights/leggings when they do wear boots. Apparently it was cold enough at Jessa's courtship/engagement photo shoot to need coats, but not tights?

If you have big calves and love boots, I recommend widewidths.com. They're expensive, but I LOVE them!

I have permanently disfigured legs from my mid-calves all the way to my knees. They are grossly large due to an accident many years. I can't wear boots and only wear ankle socks. I can't wear heels due to that and my lack of balance. I also wear long skirts because of my legs. But I always wear pants. I also can't wear leggings because they emphasize my disfigured legs. Thank goodness my employer has a business casual dress code policy. I also HATE pantyhose! I an short and fat, and every brand made for my weight are way too long and bunch up around my ankles. UGH!

Not trying to spam you with photos, but Jordyn is seriously starting to look like Hannie/Jinger

v2v6owzp.jpg

Are they doing a duckface?! :pink-shock:

Archived