IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars & More Duggars - General Discussion Part 3

happy atheist

I bet Joy thinks being a teenager sucks. No sports, no friends, no fun. When she was little she at least had her brothers to play with and no one told her that running and being active isn't ladylike. She always seemed like a happy, well-adjusted kid, but of course her parents managed to screw that up, as always.

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I giggled way too much at the guy named Billy Boring. Sorry, I'm 12.

I kind of hope Joy and Josiah break free and share an apartment and get to learn how to be their wonderful selves without being held down by their parents. And of course that other kids follow, but I'd really love it if they started the trend because neither of them seem like they'd be happy with the fundie lifestyle. From the outside it kind of looks like they've started to settle/be moulded, but I hope it's just a coping mechanism or something for while they're still stuck there.

Jim Bob probably holds onto the money from the show after each kid turns 18 (i.e. sign over your money to your headship). It wouldn't surprise me if they are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to do so. And there's no such thing as a Coogan Trust in Arkansas, like there is in California for child performers (including reality tv).

I always get the feeling that the Duggers feel better then the Bates because their oldest child was a boy.

Or maybe John and Jana's birth turned them fundie. Losing a pregnancy and not knowing if it was a boy or girl then god giving them two at once to replace. That what happen to a friend. Lost a pregnancy, had a almost break down then got pregnant with B/G twins and became very religious.

I always get the feeling that the Duggers feel better then the Bates because their oldest child was a boy.

The Bateses' oldest child is a boy too. Zach is the oldest Bates, then Michael(girl).

The Bateses' oldest child is a boy too. Zach is the oldest Bates, then Michael(girl).

Oops. :whistle: I knew that. :liar:

Looking over Michelle births on wiki. Who agree for her to have a homebirth after a C-section?

Or maybe John and Jana's birth turned them fundie. Losing a pregnancy and not knowing if it was a boy or girl then god giving them two at once to replace. That what happen to a friend. Lost a pregnancy, had a almost break down then got pregnant with B/G twins and became very religious.

As I recall, the current Duggar party line is that Michelle was punished with a miscarriage for being on the pill. When Michelle went off the pill, she was rewarded by having B/G twins (not sure where also having pre-ecclampsia fits into this narrative). After JD/Jana, Michelle became a full-on pregnancy addict and hasn't looked back.

Oops. :whistle: I knew that. :liar:

Looking over Michelle births on wiki. Who agree for her to have a homebirth after a C-section?

She did. It's her body, her choice.

She did. It's her body, her choice.

Guess that only applies to births.

But I'm sure she 'prayed about it' before she did.

It's her body, dim bulb's choice.

Fixed it!

I don't know how anyone can watch them interact for more than 5 minutes and think Jim Bob wouldn't do anything that Michelle wanted, if she really wanted it. I'm sure she is submissive in that he makes most decisions, but I am 99% certain that if it is something that is important to her Jim Bob will follow her advice.

Obviously we don't know much about their actual lives, but they seem to be quite in love and Jim Bob seems to look to Michelle for guidance more than the other way around.

I don't rally think boob cares how Michelle births the babies so long as they're all healthy at the end, and there's lots of prayer in there somewhere as well. That's probably "woman stuff" as far as he's concerned.

I can't see Boob caring how or where they're born, just as long as he gets off a few times. Then he can take his trophy's out and prove that he's actually getting some. :roll:

J'Chelle is definitely addicted to pregnancy, and the special treatment that she receives while pregnant, and with a newborn.

J'Chelle is definitely addicted to pregnancy, and the special treatment that she receives while pregnant, and with a newborn.

Both Jim Bob and Michelle seem to loooove all the media attention. I think Josh enjoys being a celebrity as well. But the other kids, not so much. Some appear to be OK with it while others (like John David and Jennifer) would be very happy if the cameras went away.

Jinger looks so much better with her hair like it is above. Really pretty.

Not that it's any of my business how she chooses to wear her hair nor should external appearances matter but I think she looks really pretty here.

I'm pleased Jinger is trying a different hairstyle, it suits her face much better too. It always bothered me how those curls were similar to Michelle's, and we all know that means they wear their hair that way because that's how daddy likes it. Yuck.

Looks like Jinger has ditched the crunchy perm. Hurrah!

photo-1-5.jpg

Now to get rid of the self-tanner, and she'll be all set!

Anyone know who is in the picture with her?

Tori Bates. There are a couple of other pictures on the Bates' blog if you are interested.

Archived