IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars & More Duggars - General Discussion Part 3

happy atheist

I bet theres some Michelle and Jimbob haven't spoken to in weeks other than things like "Kids, dinner's ready!"...

Even that might be an exaggeration. Surely the one who shouts "Dinner's ready!" is the J'Slave responsible for cooking :roll:

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awwwwww poor baby Jana always ended up getting "trained" and "corrected" more, and somehow I don't think seeing Michelle tell her "No, don't do that, you could get hurt" would put baby JD off doing the same thing...reminds me of the story about the Anderson kids, and how the baby, although too young to be hit by it, would stop whatever she is doing and comply from seeing her parents get the paddle out to beat one of her siblings.

Even that might be an exaggeration. Surely the one who shouts "Dinner's ready!" is the J'Slave responsible for cooking :roll:

They have that phone downstairs where they can give instructions without, you know, actually going up to the room and talking to them face to face. I don't doubt it can be handy if for example surprise guests arrive and they want to tell everyone to get ready quickly and come downstairs or something, but other than that.. If you can't gather your children in your own house, you have too many.

They have that phone downstairs where they can give instructions without, you know, actually going up to the room and talking to them face to face. I don't doubt it can be handy if for example surprise guests arrive and they want to tell everyone to get ready quickly and come downstairs or something, but other than that.. If you can't gather your children in your own house, you have too many.

Well ... possibly ... but I often gather my four from their rooms by sms. Calling them doesn't work if they are plugged into a computer, doing music practice, using power tools, etc. but mobile phones are ALWAYS effective!

(Yes, I am sometimes too lazy to find them all. I'm not ashamed to admit it.)

Well ... possibly ... but I often gather my four from their rooms by sms. Calling them doesn't work if they are plugged into a computer, doing music practice, using power tools, etc. but mobile phones are ALWAYS effective!

(Yes, I am sometimes too lazy to find them all. I'm not ashamed to admit it.)

Maybe I feel it's worse with them because Michelle has so much time on her hands and yet she still can't be bothered to go upstairs once in a while to get her children. Not trying to judge anyone, hell, what do I know, I don't even have children.

Maybe I feel it's worse with them because Michelle has so much time on her hands and yet she still can't be bothered to go upstairs once in a while to get her children. Not trying to judge anyone, hell, what do I know, I don't even have children.

The thing that bothers me is not the use of electronics but the lack if names. Michelle refers to her kids as the "little ones" "big kids" and "big girls" I mean how hard is it to call for Jana, Jessa, Jinger, and Jill? I mean my mom has done her fair share of yelling, but its not "kids!" Its all four of our names being shouted. That's the true laziness. The fact that it rare to see a clip of them calling a kid by name, and that you can't fake for tv

But what is she supposed to do, stand there and yell, "Josh! Jana! John-David! Jill! Jessa! Jinger! Joseph! Josiah! Joy-Anna! Jedidiah! Jeremiah! Jason! Come down to the kitchen, please!" I can understand why she'd just say 'big kids' or 'little boys', it saves everyone a lot of time.

I know Michelle passes most of the work on to her kids, but with that many children in a house I'm sure she doesn't have tons of time on her hands, there is probably Always a fight to break up, a skinned knee, another kid who can't find their favorite stuffed animal milk that got spilled another kid intent on telling some story and on and on and on. Not to mention that even with a particular kid in charge of lunch or picking up the living room or organizing this or that, there's always extra work to be done on those chores.

I also don't blame her for usingg the phone or calling out to groups of kids, I didn't have nearly as many kids ( blended family with 8 ) and still grouping by big or little kids sometimes made sense.

I know Michelle passes most of the work on to her kids, but with that many children in a house I'm sure she doesn't have tons of time on her hands, there is probably Always a fight to break up, a skinned knee, another kid who can't find their favorite stuffed animal milk that got spilled another kid intent on telling some story and on and on and on. Not to mention that even with a particular kid in charge of lunch or picking up the living room or organizing this or that, there's always extra work to be done on those chores.

I also don't blame her for usingg the phone or calling out to groups of kids, I didn't have nearly as many kids ( blended family with 8 ) and still grouping by big or little kids sometimes made sense.

I actually don't believe Michelle does any of those things, seriously. In one episode they had dogs in the house, and the children were feeding them cheese until they got sick. Michelle saw everything but didn't manage to stop any of them from doing it. She's helpless without the J-slaves. A skinned knee? I'll believe it when I see a hint of that on the show. All I ever see is Jana and the other girls acting as mothers.

I actually don't believe Michelle does any of those things, seriously. In one episode they had dogs in the house, and the children were feeding them cheese until they got sick. Michelle saw everything but didn't manage to stop any of them from doing it. She's helpless without the J-slaves. A skinned knee? I'll believe it when I see a hint of that on the show. All I ever see is Jana and the other girls acting as mothers.

Plus the kids are all getting older (even precious baby Josie is not a baby), and self-sufficiency comes early in that household.

Seconded. The only time I have ever seen Michelle do anything to parent a child was during the times she took Josie to doctor appointments, and I'm personally convinced that was only for the cameras. There was no one else there to shove the care of Josie on to, so she was the one who carried Josie and her baby things around. Had there been a J'slave present, I'm sure that particular daughter would have been in charge of tending to the baby as well as carting the rest of the luggage around.

I don't know, Rescinded and Mended. I think Michelle has a special bond with Josie because she was forced to spend so much time with her in the NICU. I think Josie goes to Michelle first.

Just a heads up, the Duggars are going to be at the parenting expo on feb 22nd, its at the knoxville expo centre.

Let's hope that Knoxville get a big snowstorm that weekend! This is the South -they'd probably cancel the Expo.

From what we've seen so far the only one Michelle really interacts with anyway is Josie, I wouldn't be surprised if that was for the cameras. However, it wouldn't strike me as impossible if the pair of them had actually formed a bond from spending all that time in the NICU. Stranger things have happened right? :think: There was that one time we watched Jana come to the Hospital with Michelle and Josie though - wasn't Jana tasked with keeping watch of Josie and Michelle just hung around with doctors/other parents of preemies? (The episode is fuzzy in my mind here.)

I'm not 100% Michelle would be capable of managing on her own - I wonder what she's going to do with herself if they ever marry off all those kids. Guess she would have a shit ton of grandbabies, but still... Nobody to do all her work for her.

Im surprised that Michelle doesn't have the kids wipe her ass for her. She really is lazy.

This made me laugh & spit out my hot chocolate all over my work computer. Thank you. :lol:

lizziesmom, I think you and Alachantal make a good point. Michelle has indeed spent plenty of time with Josie because of everything involved with her being a premie, so it is possible that there's an actual relationship involved.

But as far as her other children go, I'd vote that she can't function without the J'slaves. I'm reminded of the episode of where she was feeding Jordyn (sp?) when she was a baby. Poor kid was flat on her back, on the couch, being fed with a giant spoon. It was like hse had forgotten how to properly feed a baby because she hadn't doneit so long.

Michelle reminded me of someone I once knew who had several children, but had a habit of dumping most of the chores onto the eldest. When the oldest girl became seriuosly ill with a disease, the woman had problems functioning with even the most basic chores. I actually watched her struggle to feed her toddler, just like Michelle did with Jordyn.

I was checking out the website for that parenting expo in Knoxville. It doesn't seem like an exclusively christian expo, and one of the entertainers is Brooke from Dance Moms (skin tight leotards and dancing- NIKE!!!). I really hope some of the J'kids have a chance to wander around and see the other exhibitors and entertainers.

Also, is Knoxville near the Bates family? It seems the Duggars and Bates have been hanging out together a lot recently. Possible courtships in the works?

Kelly Bates claims that no one else is courting or even in the 'getting to know you' stage right now, but who knows... there could still be interest.

Kelly also won't confirm or deny whether Jessa and Ben are engaged. I noticed that people have been asking her about it in the comments on the blog. She could be simply respecting the fact that it's not her news to share, but who knows.

Also, is Knoxville near the Bates family? It seems the Duggars and Bates have been hanging out together a lot recently. Possible courtships in the works?

I think the Bateses aren't far from Knoxville. Hard to know whether there's anything interesting going on between the two families. They've always seemed to visit a lot. Maybe Kelly can give Michelle some tips on wedding planning.

The Bateses do not live far from Knoxville at all. I think that Anderson County is counted as part of the Knoxville Metro Area.

Archived