IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars & More Duggars - General Discussion Part 3

happy atheist

http://www.onenewsnow.com/politics/2014 ... ugwWLc76c0

I can see Josh as President. I mean, just look at how well he speaks:

OneNewsNow asked Josh Duggar of Family Research Council Action about today's vote. He described the vote as a "very close call."

"Now, when you poll the issue in the state, we are winning very good," says Duggar.

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, John David and Nathan and Lawson Bates are in the Philippines for a mission trip. Kelly Bates says (today, in the comments section of her blog):

Dear Weronika,

Yes, only the three boys left. Nathan has been working on organizing this trip since the disaster in the Philippines. He is working with a local pastor there, plus several local doctors. He also worked with several doctors here, and churches who helped contribute to their mission trip. The needs there seem great! They flew out of Texas this morning. They will fly to Manila then Taclaban. They will be helping set up clinics in churches where doctors will administer medicine and care. They fly out of Philippines on Valentine’s Day! We’d greatly appreciate your prayers for them, as well as the many devastated families suffering from the storm damage. Love, Kelly

I found this gem online today:

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/exclus ... life-with/

I *really* hope that Boob and Jichelle get more mainstream backlash re: comparing abortion to the Holocaust. Also this article says they honored BOTH babies they lost with names and memorial services. If I remember correctly, J'Caleb was initially FORGOTTEN in Jichelle's letter to Jubilee and then added later.

I found this gem online today:

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/exclus ... life-with/

I *really* hope that Boob and Jichelle get more mainstream backlash re: comparing abortion to the Holocaust. Also this article says they honored BOTH babies they lost with names and memorial services. If I remember correctly, J'Caleb was initially FORGOTTEN in Jichelle's letter to Jubilee and then added later.

He was. Then she got called on it.

I've sent numerous emails and letters to the ACLU and Anti-Defemation League for some of their comments. No response. Even sent one to Steven Spielberg's Shoah Foundation.

I just want SOMEBODY to call them out.

How good he speaks.

He's so articulate that Dubya looks positively brilliant next to him.

He was. Then she got called on it.

I've sent numerous emails and letters to the ACLU and Anti-Defemation League for some of their comments. No response. Even sent one to Steven Spielberg's Shoah Foundation.

I just want SOMEBODY to call them out.

The ACLU and the Anti-Defamation League regularly tangle with bigger fish than the Duggars. The Duggars are dim-witted and ignorant, but if misappropriating the Holocaust for one's pet issue was a crime, the jails would be over-crowded. All the Shoah Foundation or the ADL could do would be to try and send the Duggars some books or DVDs to try and educate them, and this family is too self-absorbed to learn anything, especially from non-Christians.

On duggarsblog.blogspot there is another video with the Duggars at a Pro-Life Convention. They spout their usual spiel about Josie.

So what if Michelle's medical crisis with Josie had happened a month earlier and the doctors had come to them and said, "For Michelle to live, we have to take the baby now, even though there will be no chance of it surviving. If we don't, Michelle will die." I mean, that really would be the option with her condition and yet I don't see how that is any different than an "abortion because of a risk to the life of the mother" which they clearly seem against. It's just something I've been curious about...

They would take the baby, and lie....call it a miscarriage. People like that are always anti-choice until they are faced with a life and death decision.

They want to build a baby holocaust museum to stop abortions. I bet it J'Chelle's way of having her dream 20th baby. "Don't abort your babies. Give them to me to raise". These people are delusional.

“Our goal right now is to promote the idea,†said Jim Bob, “and see if there are any major donors who will jump on board to make this happen in the future.†For now, he and his colleagues are busy laying the groundwork for the museum’s eventual content – “we’re trying to gather information, history, stories.â€

Well here is my wild-ass theory: JB is trying to set himself and his boys with lifetime jobs. This is how the rich and the near-rich do it. They set up a foundation (The American Abortion Holocaust Museum and Foundation.) Next they hire themselves and their children and maybe a few poor relations to run the foundation. Josh could be the spokesman because he is such a silver-tongued devil. JB could be President. Joseph could be a curator. They would have to fund raise for 5 to 10 years. Then they would be in the planning/feasibility stage for 5 years. Then the building stage. Then there would have to be more fundraising for maintenance and for publicity. If JB plays his cards right, even if the museum is a complete failure he could have a job with a cushy office and secretaries and be the figurehead for non-Choice for 20 years.

“Our goal right now is to promote the idea,†said Jim Bob, “and see if there are any major donors who will jump on board to make this happen in the future.†For now, he and his colleagues are busy laying the groundwork for the museum’s eventual content – “we’re trying to gather information, history, stories.â€

He wants stories? How about the story of Gisella Perl, fuckwads.

http://www.holocaust-history.org/auschw ... ella-perl/

Well here is my wild-ass theory: JB is trying to set himself and his boys with lifetime jobs. This is how the rich and the near-rich do it. They set up a foundation (The American Abortion Holocaust Museum and Foundation.) Next they hire themselves and their children and maybe a few poor relations to run the foundation. Josh could be the spokesman because he is such a silver-tongued devil. JB could be President. Joseph could be a curator. They would have to fund raise for 5 to 10 years. Then they would be in the planning/feasibility stage for 5 years. Then the building stage. Then there would have to be more fundraising for maintenance and for publicity. If JB plays his cards right, even if the museum is a complete failure he could have a job with a cushy office and secretaries and be the figurehead for non-Choice for 20 years.

Hey, if there are enough goofballs out there to build Creationism Museums somebody will likely get behind this.

Speaking of the Creation Museum, some whackadoo in the local FB homeschooling group I'm in said they're running a special right now. Kids can get in free with 1 paying adult, and all other adults and teens can get in for half price, I believe. Just throwing that out there for anyone interested. You have to buy them at their website, and they're supposed to be good for any day for a year.

So what if Michelle's medical crisis with Josie had happened a month earlier and the doctors had come to them and said, "For Michelle to live, we have to take the baby now, even though there will be no chance of it surviving. If we don't, Michelle will die." I mean, that really would be the option with her condition and yet I don't see how that is any different than an "abortion because of a risk to the life of the mother" which they clearly seem against. It's just something I've been curious about...

This! I don't understand why Josie is treated like some kind of mascot which is shown off at pro-life-events. She survived her mothers decision to end the pregnancy (and save her own life) just because of great doctors and modern medical equipment. Actually Josie is the opposite of pro-life.

edit: forgot a word

This! I don't understand why Josie is treated like some kind of mascot which is shown off at pro-life-events. She survived her mothers decision to end the pregnancy (and save her own life) just because of great doctors and modern medical equipment. Actually Josie is the opposite of pro-life.

I don't know if I'd say she is the opposite of pro-life although I would agree that Michelle's decision to terminate her pregnancy early to first and foremost save her own life was the epitome of pro-choice. Josie could have easily died being removed from the womb so soon and as someone else pointed out, if the situation had developed a couple of weeks earlier when there was no chance of viability, the only thing anyone could call it would be an abortion.

Of course, the Duggars would have lied their assess off about it and called it a miscarriage or a stillbirth, but the voluntary termination of a pregnancy before a fetus can survive on it's own is an abortion. Period.

These ignorant, hypocritical assholes make my teeth hurt.

Umm they were pretty much there with josie. I see Josie as an abortion survivor. They want to deny others the choice they made...

The ACLU and the Anti-Defamation League regularly tangle with bigger fish than the Duggars. The Duggars are dim-witted and ignorant, but if misappropriating the Holocaust for one's pet issue was a crime, the jails would be over-crowded. All the Shoah Foundation or the ADL could do would be to try and send the Duggars some books or DVDs to try and educate them, and this family is too self-absorbed to learn anything, especially from non-Christians.

The more I think about it, the more I think that we need to start taking a different approach when it comes to encountering the Duggars in public. Instead of trying to get into blend in and get into Duggar events to ask questions, there should be organized protests outside every Duggar appearance, like how there was a long period where Scott Walker couldn't go anywhere in the country without encountering protestors. There should be big signs, banners, and talking to news cameras. It wouldn't change JimBob's mind, but it would raise awareness to the public that the Duggars exploit the Holocaust, and that is unacceptable.

I'm just talking off the top of my head and don't expect this kind of thing to happen right away, but maybe it is time for a change.

If I lived near places where the Duggars go, I would protest, but I doubt they'll ever come to the Canadian west coast.

A girl that I went to high school with in Ontario is a legit Duggar fan. It's strange. When we were in school together she never seemed overly religious (even though it was a Catholic school). Heck, she had an eyebrow piercing, was in drama club, and dated bad boys. I just don't understand how anybody can worship these malarky-spouting idiots.

The more I think about it, the more I think that we need to start taking a different approach when it comes to encountering the Duggars in public. Instead of trying to get into blend in and get into Duggar events to ask questions, there should be organized protests outside every Duggar appearance, like how there was a long period where Scott Walker couldn't go anywhere in the country without encountering protestors. There should be big signs, banners, and talking to news cameras. It wouldn't change JimBob's mind, but it would raise awareness to the public that the Duggars exploit the Holocaust, and that is unacceptable.

I'm just talking off the top of my head and don't expect this kind of thing to happen right away, but maybe it is time for a change.

I'm on board right now.

To clarify, I didn't mean "we" in a Hive Vagina sense.

And of course, I get my idea after the one time that the Duggars came to my town. Well, if they return to the Bontrager family Labor Day event, I'm there with a sign.

Archived