IGNORED

Jessa Duggar's Courtship - Part 3

happy atheist

Wait, if he doesn't believe that Hitler was one person, what does he think he was? :?

I know a lot of people who think "Hitler" was a political party. I think a lot of it has to do with things like "Hitler Youth" which they equate to things like "young republicans" or "young dems." Others don't really study history, since math and reading have become so stupidly "important" that other topics of studies have just been ignored all together. And, these people were schooled in traditional public schools. If they're so out of touch with the reality of history, I can't imagine what these kids could have been taught in their homeschooling.

[im not saying homeschooling is bad, just the programs that these people are likely to use aren't likely to be good options]

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know a lot of people who think "Hitler" was a political party. I think a lot of it has to do with things like "Hitler Youth" which they equate to things like "young republicans" or "young dems." Others don't really study history, since math and reading have become so stupidly "important" that other topics of studies have just been ignored all together. And, these people were schooled in traditional public schools. If they're so out of touch with the reality of history, I can't imagine what these kids could have been taught in their homeschooling.

[im not saying homeschooling is bad, just the programs that these people are likely to use aren't likely to be good options]

And I thought I had heard everything, wow. Ah yes, the famous Hitler party :lol: Some people, seriously..

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that advertisers buy time for their ads to run during a specific time of the day or week rather than during specific shows. So Plan B might pay for an ad some time between 6 and 9 pm, but have no control over which show during that time frame their ad airs with. If I'm wrong and someone else has more knowledge on this subject, please correct me.

I think most people who watch/pay attention to the Duggars know, or would not be surprised to find out, that they and their friends are anti-abortion. I don't think that would really cause any sort of outcry or harm their fan base.

You are not wrong. Currently most advertising is done by time slots in most occasions(excluding things like the Superbowl or Grammys). This way they can fit in more advertisers back when TV just started being popular networks would sell timeslots to the advertisers and they presented the program. It's harder to see now because to show them currently they've cut out most of the old advertising.

Holy smokes! Did anyone else see this! Bens family has a big ass flat screen tv hanging in their kitchen! I'm rewatching the show. It just before Jessa's, Ben, and his parents are leaving for dinner. Dad just told the kids to "mind mrs Duggar", and the camara pans around....

How pressured do you think Ben is to "put a ring on it" now that JillnDill are engaged? His 15 minutes are fading.

How pressured do you think Ben is to "put a ring on it" now that JillnDill are engaged? His 15 minutes are fading.

He might have more time! After all, they only need one wedding a season, so Jill's might buy them some time to wait another year!

He might have more time! After all, they only need one wedding a season, so Jill's might buy them some time to wait another year!

The way I see it, they have two options: stretch out one courtship to leave something for next season, or go big and have a double wedding. Having two weddings back-to-back would be a little awkward, so I don't see them doing that.

The way I see it, they have two options: stretch out one courtship to leave something for next season, or go big and have a double wedding. Having two weddings back-to-back would be a little awkward, so I don't see them doing that.

Unless with all the weddings they've already had, the only way to hype this is to do a Double Duggar Wedding (gag)

After all, how different from Pris and David, Erin and Chad, Josh and Anna could this possibly be? America must have a limit on the market for cheap, modest, holier than thou weddings!

Why not? Erin & Zachary were married just a couple of months apart.

How would his 15 minutes be up? It's not like he's leaving Jessa just because they haven't announced an engagement. And, I'm sure that both he and Jessa would prefer to let Jill and Derick take the spotlight. Neither of them seems to be totally comfortable being center of the attention.

How would his 15 minutes be up? It's not like he's leaving Jessa just because they haven't announced an engagement. And, I'm sure that both he and Jessa would prefer to let Jill and Derick take the spotlight. Neither of them seems to be totally comfortable being center of the attention.

I think it's great too! (And I suspect Jessa and Ben do too!)

They are SO young (Jessa and Ben) and clearly less comfortable around one another in front of the cameras.

The pressure will be off of them now (for that matter, the supervision will be probably be lessened, too!) Sure it'll get mentioned, but I think they've got a great 'excuse' to slow things down now instead. It's like the best gift to Benessa possible, I think!

And as I said in Jill's thread, I just think this is great for ALL her siblings.

She's clearly over the moon about Derick (and rightfully so, IMO) He has very evidently really paid attention to things in their conversations (bonus points for you, Derick!) - picking up on things others might not and finding ways to show her he values those (like the ties her ring has to Israel, knowing that'd mean so much to her!) because she does. (Heck, really making her an equal in many senses, if that makes sense?)

And he clearly thinks she's the greatest thing since sliced bread :lol: His very cute "It was great talking with you" (at the end of the skype call) and then the "as always" thrown in - with that smile he gave her. That he knows the things she cares about and prioritizes them, I mean, how many fundie families do we ever see that in? Next to none...

We've not even seen him truly in an episode yet either - but there's clearly a very different dynamic in their relationship than most others - that's HUGE!

There are a ton of Jill's younger siblings (plus all the fundie families who hold the Duggars up as a 'guidepost' of sorts) who are going to benefit from this if they watch what's going on at the moment...and for the younger ones when they someday see this when they're older (plus hopefully see them in person - but I suspect they'll be overseas by then and so it'll be harder to do as readily as now when TLC foots some of the expense) and in the inevitable siblings in between who marry, some of whom I suspect will now also be unwilling to "settle" because of the difference that's very evident even just in the bit of what we've seen.

Since they're not engaged yet, I hope it causes conversations for Ben and Jessa, too, and they can continue to grow their relationship but a bit more hidden some with Jill and Derick having wedding plans. I actually think that would be a help for the foundation of their relationship if they choose to allow it to be.

Why not? Erin & Zachary were married just a couple of months apart.

I meant that it would be awkward in terms of the show. Most reality tv shows like to have something that vaguely resembles a storyline, and having two separate weddings a couple of episodes apart would make the pacing a bit awkward. Having a double wedding would allow the season to end on a bang, and having one wedding each season would allow them to end this season with a lead in to next season.

Ah but it's the "Season in Life" for the youngsters to fly the coop and set up their homes and make babies! That IS the storyline--making babies.

I think if Dill were to marry and immediately go abroad as missionaries--that is a terrific TLC storyline. Beats the hell out of Duggars go to the Dentist.

Perhaps for the sake of episode title alliteration, it will need to be a "D" country:

Duggars Do Djibouti

Duggars Do Denmark

or more likely--

Duggars Do the Dominican Republic

Unless with all the weddings they've already had, the only way to hype this is to do a Double Duggar Wedding (gag)

After all, how different from Pris and David, Erin and Chad, Josh and Anna could this possibly be? America must have a limit on the market for cheap, modest, holier than thou weddings!

America clearly has no limit for weddings of any kind. We are wedding gluttons. Royal weddings, expensive weddings, cheap weddings, train-wreck weddings-- we love them all! :popcorn2:

I think if Dill were to marry and immediately go abroad as missionaries--that is a terrific TLC storyline. Beats the hell out of Duggars go to the Dentist.

Perhaps for the sake of episode title alliteration, it will need to be a "D" country:

Duggars Do Djibouti

Duggars Do Denmark

or more likely--

Duggars Do the Dominican Republic

Duggars Do the Democratic Republic of Congo

Duggars Do the Democratic People's Republic of Korea

Ok did anyone read the People mag about Jill's courtship? If so, I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Just a few things that stuck out with me.

1)Page 69 pic of Jessa and Ben. "We want a big family someday" Very disappointed about that. Sorry for being mean :shifty:

2)Page 70 Jessa says, that it hard sometimes, "I won't say there isn't a desire to kiss my man" :pink-shock:

3)Jessa INSISTS the courtship rules are her own: "It's up to us to decide what we will and won't do. We're not going to follow the rules if it's not us making them" :shifty-kitty:

4)Page 72 "We are young and in love and won't rush into anything," says Jessa :clap:

5)Ben also says he isn't condemning anyone who holds hands...he wants something to look forward to :?

6)Jill admits to "interrogating" Derrick with a 3 page list of hard-hitting questions b4 agreeing to court.

I wonder how important it is for the guy to be a virgin and NEVER kissed anyone. I guess Derick is proof you can be worldly and mainstream...and still be a virgin. I can't wait for someone to ask!! I just gotta know if this is something a Duggar will over look.

5)Ben also says he isn't condemning anyone who holds hands...he wants something to look forward to :?

Wow, how nice of him to not condemn people for holding hands. How generous.

Why not save looking Jessa in the eyes for the wedding? Why speak to her first? Why the super random line at holding hands? How god damn horny are fundies that holding hands would just make them lust it up too much?? I'm an atheist who had no moral opposition to premarital anything and I was still able to hold hands, kiss, even big time make out with boyfriends and not have sex. I can understand wanting to save sex for marriage (wasn't what I wanted, but I get it), and with that I can see not wanting to make out a ton as yes, sometimes you aren't going to want to stop. But hand holding does not lead to uncontrollable sex urges in the normal world!!

And I call bullshit on the making their own courtship rules. Shocking that they just happen to be JB&M's exact rules.

Why are we assuming Derick is a virgin? Did he say so?

Well...we all know how the Diggers prize virginity! I'm betting money Jill asked about his past experiences. I'm just being creepy curious about it! If he is a virgin, it's ok and if he ain't...that's ok as well. I'm just wondering if it will b a big deal to any of the Duggar women

Wow, how nice of him to not condemn people for holding hands. How generous.

Why not save looking Jessa in the eyes for the wedding? Why speak to her first? Why the super random line at holding hands? How god damn horny are fundies that holding hands would just make them lust it up too much?? I'm an atheist who had no moral opposition to premarital anything and I was still able to hold hands, kiss, even big time make out with boyfriends and not have sex. I can understand wanting to save sex for marriage (wasn't what I wanted, but I get it), and with that I can see not wanting to make out a ton as yes, sometimes you aren't going to want to stop. But hand holding does not lead to uncontrollable sex urges in the normal world!!

And I call bullshit on the making their own courtship rules. Shocking that they just happen to be JB&M's exact rules.

I 100% agree. Not only is it JB&M's exact rules, but it is also what J&A did - in fact, didn't they ask his parents permission to hold hands after they were engaged? They're all just doing what the parents and J&A did.

Well...we all know how the Diggers prize virginity! I'm betting money Jill asked about his past experiences. I'm just being creepy curious about it! If he is a virgin, it's ok and if he ain't...that's ok as well. I'm just wondering if it will b a big deal to any of the Duggar women

Yes, if isn't a virgin he gave away a huge piece of his heart.

Ok did anyone read the People mag about Jill's courtship? If so, I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Just a few things that stuck out with me.

1)Page 69 pic of Jessa and Ben. "We want a big family someday" Very disappointed about that. Sorry for being mean :shifty:

2)Page 70 Jessa says, that it hard sometimes, "I won't say there isn't a desire to kiss my man" :pink-shock:

3)Jessa INSISTS the courtship rules are her own: "It's up to us to decide what we will and won't do. We're not going to follow the rules if it's not us making them" :shifty-kitty:

4)Page 72 "We are young and in love and won't rush into anything," says Jessa :clap:

6)Jill admits to "interrogating" Derrick with a 3 page list of hard-hitting questions b4 agreeing to court.

I wonder how important it is for the guy to be a virgin and NEVER kissed anyone. I guess Derick is proof you can be worldly and mainstream...and still be a virgin. I can't wait for someone to ask!! I just gotta know if this is something a Duggar will over look.

What's wrong with kissing?? I always wondered why fundies think kissing is so tempting. A peck of the lips isn't anything. Maybe they should kiss on the hand or cheek. And bs the courtship rules aren't her own. Looking foward to holding hands?? :cray-cray: 3pages of questioning??? No such thing as a perfect husband. Poor Derrick. I really hope he takes Jill far away.

Gah. Only in fundieland (or seriously screwed up non fundie land) would an "interrogation" be considered ok. How many of us would have driven off future husbands / SOs from the get go if we did that?

Now, maybe she did it herself because if not, JB would have done it and maybe she didn't want that? Maybe dear daddy has driven a few serious suitors off? I wouldn't let my dad have any chance to question Mr. No when I got engaged which was saying no to any "asking for my hand".

Archived