IGNORED

Ding Dong, VF is Dead! And Doug Phillips is a Tool - Part 3

happy atheist

OK. I read it wrong, though she could have been more clear from the getgo.

Thanks for re-reading because Sallie's intentions were good. Her delivery was clumsy.

She really wasn't at all clear and I had the same reaction that you did initially. My blood pressure went down after I read the comments where she clarified.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And Stacy McDonald has commented again at Peter's FB page:

See? When Uppity Vagina-ed People call out Doug, it's gloating. But when Peter, the proud owner of a penis, calls out Doug, it's not gloating. In fact, it's just the opposite-- it's suffering! THE POOR BOY IS GRIEVING!

And Stacy McDonald has commented again at Peter's FB page:

Oh please, of all the people in need of pity, Sippy Cup is down at the bottom of the list.

See? When Uppity Vagina-ed People call out Doug, it's gloating. But when Peter, the proud owner of a penis, calls out Doug, it's not gloating. In fact, it's just the opposite-- it's suffering! THE POOR BOY IS GRIEVING!

Head desk...Stacy M ....facepalm...

.I am still waiting for a "dainty morsel".... that sounds like a cat treat.

Now I'm really suspicious of what went down. All of this mourning and sadness seems excessive if the crime in question is "just" a hetreosexual affair, even if the victim was a SAHD with limited ability to consent. I can see Bradrick and the others just saying that Doug the tool was like King David and made a mistake or the woman/girl "seduced" him or something stupid like that. There has to be something much more serious going on that would cause the entire VF enterprise to implode so rapidly and dramatically.

While I certainly hope Doug Phillips is a tool didn't kill anyone, that comment made me laugh/snort. I've never thought of Doug Phillips is a tool as a particularly violent person. I do think he'd get someone to do his dirty work for him, because he's a coward. Dougie would shit his General Patton costume if he had to actually get his hands dirty and kill someone.

He could easily bore someone to death, though.

Now I'm really suspicious of what went down. All of this mourning and sadness seems excessive if the crime in question is "just" a hetreosexual affair, even if the victim was a SAHD with limited ability to consent. I can see Bradrick and the others just saying that Doug the tool was like King David and made a mistake or the woman/girl "seduced" him or something stupid like that. There has to be something much more serious going on that would cause the entire VF enterprise to implode so rapidly and dramatically.

Exactly. When Stacy thought it was "just" a fling with Hero, she was all, "We don't know the facts! We have no right to judge! We're all sinners!" Well, she sure as hell has found out something more, hasn't she?

HI.. Just wanted to say hello. i read here often, but haven't posted in ages. I'm kinda stuck in a hotel room for the next couple of months with not much to do so I have been reading non stop. I'm on the edge of my seat with this Doug Philips is a tool story and I can hardly wait to find out what the real story is!!!! I love reading all your posts. You all make me laugh :lol:

Stacy McDonald does seem to have learned a few more facts. To say that Bradrick! is in mourning, oh, puhleeze, let's not overdramatize the situation. She's making him look like such a victim of all these older mentors that "made" him look like an ass, but Peter Bradrick CHOSE the lifestyle he's had for the last 10 years and he really needs to just own up to it.

And why is Stacy so concerned about Susan Bradrick (Petey's mother)? What role did she have in all this? I know she homeschools and is somewhat famous at "the club" for that, but did she say something publicly that I missed?

And I'm voting Abortion, Homosexual Relationship, and Murder, in that order (with abortion being first) no matter how old his victim(s) was.

Stacy McDonald does seem to have learned a few more facts. To say that Bradrick! is in mourning, oh, puhleeze, let's not overdramatize the situation. She's making him look like such a victim of all these older mentors that "made" him look like an ass, but Peter Bradrick CHOSE the lifestyle he's had for the last 10 years and he really needs to just own up to it.

And why is Stacy so concerned about Susan Bradrick (Petey's mother)? What role did she have in all this? I know she homeschools and is somewhat famous at "the club" for that, but did she say something publicly that I missed?

And I'm voting Abortion, Homosexual Relationship, and Murder, in that order (with abortion being first) no matter how old his victim(s) was.

Susan commented under one of Peter's posts that she was "still crying."

While I certainly hope Doug Phillips is a tool didn't kill anyone, that comment made me laugh/snort. I've never thought of Doug Phillips is a tool as a particularly violent person. I do think he'd get someone to do his dirty work for him, because he's a coward. Dougie would shit his General Patton costume if he had to actually get his hands dirty and kill someone.

It's hard to imagine Dougie doing anything more violent than slapping an impudent chap across the face with a white kid glove. He's not a good person, but I think murder is beyond him.

Susan commented under one of Peter's posts that she was "still crying."

Thanks, DWT! My guess is she's crying more for Beall than for Peter, though. I'll bet they were/are good friends.

Of the possible situations concerning abortion, homosexual affair, murder, or child sex abuse, I also unfortunately think that child sex abuse would be the least devastating for him. In fundieland, abortion and murder are considered equal and would be met with horror and shunning; and a homosexual affair, while it could be blamed largely on the other party, still clearly violates the prohibitions that they read into the scriptures (with which, of course, I do not agree).

OTOH, child sex abuse has the advantage (in their eyes) of the victim being inherently weaker and therefore easier to manipulate and sweep under the carpet, so to speak. The hypothetical child in this situation would be forced to privately and publicly forgive the perpetrator and would also be subject to gossip and rumors about his/her willingness and seductive behaviors, which serves to mitigate the blame placed on the perpetrator. This is how it plays out over and over again, all over fundieland, and this is why so much abuse goes unreported to the secular authorities, and is excused and overlooked in the church. I have seen it myself. Dougie could survive the charge of child sex abuse as a martyr within his core group of loyalists, even if he were prosecuted and/or punished.

Of course, this is all speculation. Maybe Dougie is guilty of nothing worse than coveting his neighbor's donkey or secretly holding the radical notion of free will.

Edited to clarify: the abuse and environment I have experience with were as a child, not an adult. I did not witness or passively allow abuse to go unreported as an adult.

What if Hero is pregnant and actually keeping the baby? How would that kind of scenario go down in fundie circles do you think? It's one thing if a man has an affair but the woman is usually expected to stay "for the sake of the family". What if the "family unit" is complicated though by a child who is family to one parent (Doug) but not the other (Beall)?

In fact, further to my last post, this must have happened at some point somewhere in the documented fundie world? Does anyone know of any instances or how they were dealt with?

What if Hero is pregnant and actually keeping the baby? How would that kind of scenario go down in fundie circles do you think? It's one thing if a man has an affair but the woman is usually expected to stay "for the sake of the family". What if the "family unit" is complicated though by a child who is family to one parent (Doug) but not the other (Beall)?

It that was the case, I bet Doug the tool would probably pull a John Edwards and make one of his underlings take the fall. Or maybe Hero was sent away, as was the case with unmarried mothers 50+ years ago. I remember reading somewhere - either Jen's Gems or Spiritual Sounding Board - that the woman assumed to be Hero is "safe" but there's no way of knowing what this actually means.

I've been trolling through old blogs trying to see the major players in this saga through the years I came across a tidbit from FJ from 2011 - a member named "Thedarksideluke" seems to have called this back then.

quote: "Wow, interesting! Is it just me or is it suspicious that Massa Phillips (he has servants who work for free by someone elses choice so now he's massa phillips) has a very attractive woman traveling with him and his family? I trust my husband but if he was going places with this woman I would be very concerned. High profile christian leaders have their pleasure pals and usually the wives know about it. Am I missing something?"

thread: http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/7565/7 ... pvfETmhBFJ - Thedarksideluke was talking specifically about the person being referred to as Hero now

(did not change the link - but mods if I should have please change thanks)

Drugs/Arms trafficking? Would explain all the constant trips abroad. Plus VF owns tonnes of warehouses, etc. What better front for a drug ring than a wholesome homeschool service provider? Plus, he does live relatively close to the US-Mexico border. It would also explain why he seems to have a personal militia

Well, if you don't mind me putting forward highly unlikely scenarios .....Maybe Phillips started his own drug cartel. Not only would it give him lots of opportunity to earn money and pretend to be manly but he could force his men to wear very fabulous outfits.

Probably, his crime is something mundane like not believing in all the finer points of Calvinism. Some of the men in his circle would be more offended by doctrinal impurity than by anything sexual or criminal that he might have done.

It's hard to imagine Dougie doing anything more violent than slapping an impudent chap across the face with a white kid glove. He's not a good person, but I think murder is beyond him.

Murder would be too icky and get his clothes messy.

Maybe he got a different girl pregnant in the past and she put the baby up for adoption and it has all come out now. I think this somewhat more likely than abortion.

Well, if you don't mind me putting forward highly unlikely scenarios .....Maybe Phillips started his own drug cartel. Not only would it give him lots of opportunity to earn money and pretend to be manly but he could force his men to wear very fabulous outfits.

Probably, his crime is something mundane like not believing in all the finer points of Calvinism. Some of the men in his circle would be more offended by doctrinal impurity than by anything sexual or criminal that he might have done.

Wait-- TULIP doesn't mean

Total Dick-pravity,

Unconditional Erection,

Limited Assholement,

Irresistible Hate, and

Perv Nearest to the Taints?

‘Cause that’s what Doug thought it meant all along. Oops.

New post from Bradrick!'s facebook page - I don't know how to quote yet!

Sarah Anderson McGowan Peter- I thank you for talking about something so important, even knowing many will criticize you. I know you and the others involved have prayed and will pray continually for this family and this man. I do think you are being a true leader when you refuse to be silent on an issue that is effecting so many. I do not think you have ulterior motives. When you, Joe Morecraft, and the McDonalds are all in agreement, I know I better listen. Many longtime supporters are more than willing to forgive and not seek details, but only through men like you have I, as one of those supporters, learned that there is much more to be discerning about than maybe it first appeared.

I know you and your family must be so terribly hurt. I will continue to pray for you and all involved, particularly the young lady who seems almost forgotten in this. I sense much of your concern is over her, I thank you for standing for the weak. Give your beautiful wife and kids a big hug for all of us who do not know you, but still love your family.

New post from Bradrick!'s facebook page - I don't know how to quote yet!

Sarah Anderson McGowan Peter- I thank you for talking about something so important, even knowing many will criticize you. I know you and the others involved have prayed and will pray continually for this family and this man. I do think you are being a true leader when you refuse to be silent on an issue that is effecting so many. I do not think you have ulterior motives. When you, Joe Morecraft, and the McDonalds are all in agreement, I know I better listen. Many longtime supporters are more than willing to forgive and not seek details, but only through men like you have I, as one of those supporters, learned that there is much more to be discerning about than maybe it first appeared.

I know you and your family must be so terribly hurt. I will continue to pray for you and all involved, particularly the young lady who seems almost forgotten in this. I sense much of your concern is over her, I thank you for standing for the weak. Give your beautiful wife and kids a big hug for all of us who do not know you, but still love your family.

It ALMOST makes it sound like the the victim could be a Bradrick family member, but certainly that can't be, right?

Archived