IGNORED

Ding Dong, VF is Dead! And Doug Phillips is a Tool - Part 3

happy atheist

Yes, Voddie did independently verify Doug stepping down as Elder, but not precisely when. And certainly not why.

I think there is a 99.99% chance that T.W. Eston is Mark Epstein and, yes, that would explain the knowledge. What doesn't make sense, and in fact seems sleazy, is that if "T.W." is Mark Epstein he isn't just flat out saying so.

Instead we have "mystery man" T.W. Eston calling out Chalcedon for being mean to Jen, and verifying her story -- when it is his story too. Silly.

Anyone who has read Jen's blog from the beginning knows that these two love little games. It's not that they don't have some good information; they do. But they have always gone about it in such a childish way-- feuds, pseudonyms, "you used to be my best friend"-- that they are often not taken seriously.

Plus, there's the whole "We're friends with kinists even though Mark's Jewish" thing, which doesn't really indicate sanity.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who has read Jen's blog from the beginning knows that these two love little games. It's not that they don't have some good information; they do. But they have always gone about it in such a childish way-- feuds, pseudonyms, "you used to be my best friend"-- that they are often not taken seriously.

Plus, there's the whole "We're friends with kinists even though Mark's Jewish" thing, which doesn't really indicate sanity.

Oh, thanks! Thank you so much. I've been way too cautious in expressing my doubts about JensGems here because I didn't want to seem too directive (I've been whopped here before for that :lol: ), but you nailed it. Jen and Mark are master manipulators and have ties and beliefs that would make most FJers projectile vomit.

Yes, Jen and Mark (perhaps "T.W.") almost certainly have some good info muddled in with speculation. It does mean sorting through what they say for the truth.

I think that they are on track with some info for Doug's iniquities. But they have their own axes to grind so I take a lot of what they say with a pinch of salt until it is independently verified.

Just to repeat, "T.W." first entered this fray challenging Chalcedon for not fulfilling Rushdoony's true vision (and being mean to Jen when Chalcedon failed to defend her against Doug). When Taunya Henderson tried to point to Rushdoony's racism, "T.W." smacked her into next week and wanted to focus on Jen and the money side of Doug the Tool's downfall. Weird kinist sympathies are consistent with Jen and former hubby's internet presence.

It took Marian the Librarian posting on JensGems to get "T.W." to say that people should report sexual abuse of minors and financial crimes to the authorities. And with all his putative knowledge of these ongoing crimes, he seems not to have reported them anywhere.

Again, I think most of what "T.W." and Jen are saying is probably true. I detest Doug and think him capable of many bad things, so I want to believe it. Some of it is probably hyperbole.

William S. Sacks, on Peter’s FB page, FINALLY says what no one else has:

"We have the obligation, if we are interested and concerned about this ordeal, to pray God's healing upon all whose lives and livelihood have been negatively impacted by this man's (deliberate) transgression of the law of God which would for certain include the woman whom he had the inappropriate relationship with along with his own family and friends/confidants and others in his spheres of interaction and influence."

facebook.com/peterbradrick/posts/10201097248498803?comment_id=61787810&offset=0&total_comments=84

And Mr. Sacks goes on to say:

May He also show particularly a great deal of love, mercy, and healing upon Mr. Bradrick and his family stemming from how this highly-recognized teacher betrayed and denounced Mr. Bradrick this month for his courageous but difficult confrontation of this guilty man which was the right thing to do.

(emphasis added)

Sure sounds like the confrontation happened fairly recently.

Their children are named William Locksley, Philip Huntington, and Marian Katharina.

Thanks, Elinor! Wow... just wow. I love me some Robin Hood, but that's a little extreme.

(emphasis added)

and...there's a "like" from Bob Renaud.

O.K. it is Bradrick's PUBLIC facebook so I'm going to c&p the whole comment to save people time.

facebook.com/peterbradrick/posts/10201097248498803?comment_id=61787810&offset=0&total_comments=84

William S. Sacks Unfortunately it seems like the man referred to by Mr. Bradrick is not responding in the way that David, the man after God's own heart, did when the prophet Nathan confronted that king about his sin with Bathsheba and the practical repercussions thereof. If said man was following the Lord's truths and standards faithfully, he would have accepted/realized, like David did, that there would be consequences to pay and he would exude genuine brokenness and repentance, thanking Mr. Bradrick or at least respecting him and others who have called this man on his willful sin. We have the obligation, if we are interested and concerned about this ordeal, to pray God's healing upon all whose lives and livelihood have been negatively impacted by this man's (deliberate) transgression of the law of God which would for certain include the woman whom he had the inappropriate relationship with along with his own family and friends/confidants and others in his spheres of interaction and influence. We also must pray for this man, that he will indeed repent truthfully (as shown by how he responds to exhortations from the brethren) and that He will set him in the right direction and help him to live for Him faithfully such that he might be used of God to help others to come to restoration. May He also show particularly a great deal of love, mercy, and healing upon Mr. Bradrick and his family stemming from how this highly-recognized teacher betrayed and denounced Mr. Bradrick this month for his courageous but difficult confrontation of this guilty man which was the right thing to do.

My bolding and underlining. My hat off to Sacks for finally recognizing the victim. Sincerely.

I do wish these people wrote clearly. I guess "this man" is Doug the Tool. But who is the "highly-recognized teacher" who denounced Bradrick for "confronting the guilty man" this month.

Doug himself? But he's confessed and it took Bradrick! 4 weeks to go public.

Oh, thanks! Thank you so much. I've been way too cautious in expressing my doubts about JensGems here because I didn't want to seem too directive (I've been whopped here before for that :lol: ), but you nailed it. Jen and Mark are master manipulators and have ties and beliefs that would make most FJers projectile vomit.

Yes, Jen and Mark (perhaps "T.W.") almost certainly have some good info muddled in with speculation. It does mean sorting through what they say for the truth.

I think that they are on track with some info for Doug's iniquities. But they have their own axes to grind so I take a lot of what they say with a pinch of salt until it is independently verified.

Just to repeat, "T.W." first entered this fray challenging Chalcedon for not fulfilling Rushdoony's true vision (and being mean to Jen when Chalcedon failed to defend her against Doug). When Taunya Henderson tried to point to Rushdoony's racism, "T.W." smacked her into next week and wanted to focus on Jen and the money side of Doug the Tool's downfall. Weird kinist sympathies are consistent with Jen and former hubby's internet presence.

It took Marian the Librarian posting on JensGems to get "T.W." to say that people should report sexual abuse of minors and financial crimes to the authorities. And with all his putative knowledge of these ongoing crimes, he seems not to have reported them anywhere.

Again, I think most of what "T.W." and Jen are saying is probably true. I detest Doug and think him capable of many bad things, so I want to believe it. Some of it is probably hyperbole.

Shucks folks. I'm just trying to do my part. This is a case of clergy sexual abuse, and there is no way it shouldn't be investigated by the civil authorities. Doug's "I want to retreat from public life and be a foot soldier for the Lord and repent privately and let the church take care of this" schtick is utter BS, and code for "I'm above the law." He's afraid of doing time. And if there were financial shenanigans, I hope the IRS is all over him like white on rice, too.

On another note, re: the commenter on Peter Bradrick's FB page who suggests prayers for Doug's victim(s) - it's about frickin' time. Petey needs a good swift kick in the rear. This is not all about him.

O.K. it is Bradrick's PUBLIC facebook so I'm going to c&p the whole comment to save people time.

My bolding and underlining. My hat off to Sacks for finally recognizing the victim. Sincerely.

I do wish these people wrote clearly. I guess "this man" is Doug the Tool. But who is the "highly-recognized teacher" who denounced Bradrick for "confronting the guilty man" this month.

Doug himself? But he's confessed and it took Bradrick! 4 weeks to go public.

I took "this guilty man" to be Doug Phillips Is A Tool.

Edited for clarity: "this highly-recognized teacher" = "this guilty man" = Doug Phillips Is A Tool.

[been reading these people too much...:confusion-scratchheadyellow:]

(emphasis added)

Wow, I didn't even notice "this month"! Well, there's another piece of the puzzle, huh?

I took "this guilty man" to be Doug Phillips Is A Tool.

Me too. My question was -- who is the "highly-recognized teacher" who denounced Bradrick for "confronting the guilty man" this month.

ETA. You got there as I was hitting submit. :D

A month ago was Tool O' Ween. There must have been a meeting, and Dougie was forced to resign kicking and screaming.

Oh to have been a fly on the wall!

I took the whole thing to mean that Doug is both "the guilty man" AND "this highly recognized teacher".

So Doug the "guilty man" AND "this highly recognized teacher" is denouncing Bradrick this month after he (the hghly recognized teacher) "confessed" 4 weeks ago?

I'm not saying you are wrong, anything is possible in VF. I am saying that a) these people do not know how to write, and b) why would (could) Doug denounce Bradrick! this month after his own disgrace and confession to the great unwashed was over 4 weeks ago. Bradrick! was noticably silent until two days ago. To whom did Doug denounce Bradrick? And who cares if the fallen idol denounced Petey?

It is really terribly funny in a sick kind of way. And I'll totally cop to over-analyzing the crap that comes out of the VF followers. They know not what they say and are very confused right now.

So Doug the "guilty man" AND "this highly recognized teacher" is denouncing Bradrick this month after he (the hghly recognized teacher) "confessed" 4 weeks ago?

I'm not saying you are wrong, anything is possible in VF. I am saying that a) these people do not know how to write, and b) why would (could) Doug denounce Bradrick! this month after his own disgrace and confession to the great unwashed was over 4 weeks ago. Bradrick! was noticably silent until two days ago. To whom did Doug denounce Bradrick? And who cares if the fallen idol denounced Petey?

It is really terribly funny in a sick kind of way. And I'll totally cop to over-analyzing the crap that comes out of the VF followers. They know not what they say and are very confused right now.

I don't think any of them want to nail it too clearly in fear of being guilty of libel? I don't know.

Not sure if we have talked about this detail yet:

"In my snooping, I stumbled across something that could be part of the financial/business puzzle with regard to the Vision Forum business. Vision Forum, Inc. had an affiliate program which was suspended late March of 2013… This may or may not be significant, but I haven't seen anyone discuss it and the new change occurred the month following Phillips stepping down or being forced out of his teaching elder position at Boerne Christian Assembly in February of 2013."

spiritualsoundingboard.com/2013/11/30/compelling-evidence-that-vision-forum-inc-is-closing-liquidating-and-doug-phillips-show-of-repentance-revealed/

Vaudie Baucham Ministries facebook has gone private. It was public maybe two days ago. According to a poster over at jengems, there's a tiff going on that page over some apology to do with NCFIC.

Vaudie Baucham Ministries facebook has gone private. It was public maybe two days ago. According to a poster over at jengems, there's a tiff going on that page over some apology to do with NCFIC.

Yes, there is a thread here on FJ about it: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20234

Based on the comments I'm seeing at Jen's Gems and Spiritual Sounding Board, even the VF faithful suspect that something really big is about to drop. Someone at the latter said that the scandal seems to be about something even bigger than sex or money. What could that be? :think:

Based on the comments I'm seeing at Jen's Gems and Spiritual Sounding Board, even the VF faithful suspect that something really big is about to drop. Someone at the latter said that the scandal seems to be about something even bigger than sex or money. What could that be? :think:

Could there possibly also be some Phillips family issue involved? No, I don't mean abuse of the kids, but something involving Howard or Doug's siblings that had been covered up and then, as Howard was dying, kind of blew up? I've been thinking since the start of this that the timing of Howard's death is a bit too coincidental.

I was just looking over there before reading here. I'm no friend and was able to read just fine. Voddie's currently sparring with someone over NCFIC doctrine.

Not sure if we have talked about this detail yet:

"In my snooping, I stumbled across something that could be part of the financial/business puzzle with regard to the Vision Forum business. Vision Forum, Inc. had an affiliate program which was suspended late March of 2013… This may or may not be significant, but I haven't seen anyone discuss it and the new change occurred the month following Phillips stepping down or being forced out of his teaching elder position at Boerne Christian Assembly in February of 2013."

spiritualsoundingboard.com/2013/11/30/compelling-evidence-that-vision-forum-inc-is-closing-liquidating-and-doug-phillips-show-of-repentance-revealed/

Eh, I don't think it's directly related. They really did change inventory systems a few months ago, and there were more than a few glitches along the way. In one way, this could be relevant. Why would Dougie invest mega-bucks in a new inventory system if he was planning on closing up shop to live a quiet life of repentance by November? You're really left with no choice but to "repent" after your board of directors takes away all of your toys. It's best to spin it as your own mature, highly spiritual choice.

Dougie is nothing but a two year old with his nose in the corner, acting contrite to get out of time-out.

Love how he shows the liberal Jack Cafferty saying, "No one thinks the government is doing a good job responding" to Hurricane Katrina. Newsflash, Petey: He was talking about racists like YOU who didn't give a damn about it because most of the victims were black. But hey, who has time for poor black folk in a natural disaster when there are irresponsible whites like Kelly Crawford who need "leadership"?

And by the way, aren't you supposed to pay to use footage from the cable news channels? And wouldn't it be stealing if you didn't?

Some of the footage is not even from the US. The tent covered pontoon colliding with the bridge was a floating restaurant here in Brisbane, Australia, part of the floods two years ago. Our government responded quite well to the crisis tyvm.

Some of the footage is not even from the US. The tent covered pontoon colliding with the bridge was a floating restaurant here in Brisbane, Australia, part of the floods two years ago. Our government responded quite well to the crisis tyvm.

You mean, you managed to do it all without the right kinds of Manly™ Men[tm][/tm]? I'm SHOCKED!

Archived