IGNORED

Ding Dong, VF is Dead! And Doug Phillips is a Tool - Part 3

happy atheist

I'm not familiar with J. Niednagel, why would he "above most anyone could desire to cast the first stone". Could a relative of his or he himself been involved in the latest scandal or perhaps a prior scandal?

No, as far as I know, the Niednagel/Thomas clan is pretty clean (scandal wise). I think Jordan is just doing the humble "we're all sinners" thing so that he can go on begging for details.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh, he is just another VF leghumper....He is married to Melissa Thomas and they have 3 children. They like to dress up in period costume, named their children after Robin Hood characters and in general, are VERY annoying. I highly doubt he is involved in any of this, I just don't think they want the dirty laundry aired and people start to question the whole belief system.

And no, no sympathy from him is there?

Someone named Barbara Roberts replied under one of Petey's posts:

"Mr Bradrick, now that you have seen that Doug Phillips is someone you could never have imagined, maybe you might give some thought to the possibility that your understanding of evil has been somewhat deficient. Perhaps you will consider doing some serious study about the psychology and methods of sin. I can recommend a good sermon series on this exact topic by Ps Jeff Crippen."

Yeah, I'm sure he'll get right on that, Barbara.

facebook.com/peterbradrick/posts/10201097248498803

"Do not think for a moment that patriocentricity is dead. Vision Forum and Doug Phillips are only one head of that particular hydra. The other heads – Scott Brown, Kevin Swanson, Voddie Baucham, NCFIC, and all the rest – are still very much alive and kicking. Phillips' organization may be gone, but his lectures and products are still in thousands of homes, and his ideas have permeated entire sectors of the homeschooling community to their core and will continue to perpetuate themselves without the help of the legal entity named Vision Forum. In other words, those of us in the anti-patriarchy blogosphere now face the task of combating patriocentricity without the convenient, easily referenced figurehead which represented it to most of the evangelical public. It remains to be seen whether this will make our job easier, or harder."

scarletlettersblog.wordpress.com/2013/11/29/patriarchy-never-sleeps/

Susan Bradrick is "still crying," and that's a darn shame, but I clicked onto her Facebook page and I think I found the widest stance EVER-- I'm talking world record! Just look at Petey on the extreme right (pun intended):

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=423382441014493&set=a.423378414348229.102939.100000282236942&type=1&theater

And why isn't Jeff Brower (whoever he is) bombing Jen's Gems? Maybe he's spending tonight reading up on all this there. Hmmm.

Because it is a power struggle between the boys over who will get which scraps for their next ministry.

...And gets disowned by Doug Phillips.

"On November 26, 2013, Peter posted a comment that he was going to go offline and focus on his family: â€after a long and weary season of business failure and more recently significant shock and disappointment regarding a very tender matter close to me.â€

Bradrick shares more in his next Facebook entry dated November 27, 2013. This comment is worth reading. The first paragraph describes his relationship with Phillips as his mentor and spiritual father and Bradrick’s commitment to the Phillips family, work, mission.

He then wrote about the intention of a group of men who were “bosom brothers,†close friends, to lovingly confront Phillips to plea for true repentance and restoration.

'What for us was a tender, emotional, mission of mercy and plea for true repentance was met with something, and by someone I never could have imagined. Instead of being received as the “wounds of a friend†(Proverbs 27:6), I was formally disowned and declared to be a “destroyer†to my face.' "

http://spiritualsoundingboard.com/2013/ ... bout-sins/

I'm not familiar with J. Niednagel, why would he "above most anyone could desire to cast the first stone". Could a relative of his or he himself been involved in the latest scandal or perhaps a prior scandal?

Jordan is among the smuggest of the smug, given all his good fortune (born to a successful entrepreneur, born male, married to a good-looking woman who shares his .... interests) and he's intriguingly metrosexual in appearance, demeanor and voice. A train wreck in the "I can't look away" sense of train wreck.

He also has a few decent skills at movie-making, none of which were ever recognized by the SAICFF (San Antonio International Christian Film Festival), which prompted Jordan and his cute li'l posse (mainly his wife's brothers and his friends like Evil Jakey G. That's not the guy's real name. I know DomWackTroll can provide it, luvya DWT!)....

Anyhow, somewhere along the line, apparently figuring that nothing cinematic was going to receive Doug's accolade, Jordan and his posse made a cute short about whether or not Doug should wear facial hair. My guess - and it is nothing more than a guess - is that Doug didn't see the humor, and that Jordan saw a side of Doug that took quite a bit of the bloom off the rose, so to speak.

I don't see that Jordan missed that much. Winners of the SAICFF prize had to sign away distribution rights to their winning film (see the link in the thread about Doug Phillips MO) and he and Melissa Lee, Beautifully got featured prominently in the Titanic video. As well, Doug's recent focus on food and healthy eating prompted ML,B to make a healthy cooking DVD which the couple still market.

Jordan's dad is the creator of the Brain Typing method which pro sports teams pay big money for, to figure out which prospective athlete will provide the biggest return in competition. His father-in-law is, IIRC, a well-employed chemical engineer with some kind of ordination (Mr. Thomas married Jordan and Meliss).

Unless there was a great mutual attraction, I can't imagine Doug sniffing around any of those two families, comely though they all might be. Old Mr. Niednagel well may have outranked Doug economically in Doug's best of times, and Mr. Thomas -- well, check out a photo of him, there are numerous on niednagel.com. The man's appearance fairly screams Puritan preacher/enforcer.

When those who champion “women and children first†hide behind smooth words instead of “suffering for the weakâ€... When the strong take of the weak, and then turn them out like so much garbage… When the strong seize the lifeboats and leave the weak drowning in the icy water… it leaves no choice for men of God other than to rise up and oppose them when they discover the truth. Woe to those that do not. ~ BRADRICK!

I find Sippy Cup's quote very interesting...I tend to think he is referring to the victim(s). I don't think in a million years Petey would refer to any manly man in VF or himself today as "weak." However, women and children are consistently painted as weaker and in need of protection. Could it be...a little bit of sense has been knocked into his BPA free head in the past few years? I think of nearly all the VF connected folks we've seen comment, this comes the closest to sympathizing with the victim(s)...and interesting it came from Doug's biggest bosom buddy BRADRICK!.

No doubt Pete is trying to capitalize on this along with Papa Brown, but this is so against the general grain of commentary we have seen so far it's noteworthy to me. This almost makes me think this happened to someone close to Pete, because it seems he sure is more concerned about the victim than he is of Dougie.

I don't know too much about Peter's family...does he have sisters and did they serve at VF HQ? I know he had a brother who did.

I wonder how things happened that meant Doug the Tool had to come out and say he and his anaconda have been on the most hazardous journey of all.

Did BRADRICK catch him letting another woman handle his Tool? Did Dougie ask him if he could put his anaconda where no anaconda has been before, and was shocked by Bradrick's horror at that question? Did Bradrick not believe Doug, while he tried to tell him that "Hero" was a doctor and just checking his Tool for diseases (which he didn't believe because fundies don't believe women can be doctors)...

Peas, there are Bradrick sisters but I don't remember them working at VF.

Bradrick's brother is married to a good-looking woman of Italian descent, who IIRC has sisters.

I don't want to start a trend of figuring out Who Doug Tooled, but he does seem to have a thing for the brunettes.

Or maybe Peter, having a daughter, is beginning to have a different attitude toward the female half of the population. I've seen misogynists change their tune to a whole new key when they have a girlchild of their own. Not many, but some.

My 3rd grade teacher, a nun of many decades experience, taught us that when you broke wind you should beg pardon loud enough so that everyone who heard what you did could hear the apology.

The Tool broke his wind all over the internet. Ergo the internet is the proper place to play out the begging of the pardon.

(As I have posted before, I self-identify as mainstream Christian).

I was always taught that if the sin under discussion offended "privately" (had its effects upon only one person or perhaps a very small group), that the repentance could possibly be private. However, if the sin under discussion was public or had its effects upon a large group, public repentance is required. And the definition of repentance is not Swaggart-esque crocodile tears, but rather, in addition to whatever public statement might be appropriate, also the making of restitution to those that were harmed.

The implications of how this applies to Doug are enormous (and public/internet discussion certainly is included, along with a whole lot more).

I am not holding my breath waiting for all this to happen.

Re: hot water. If you scroll down Peter's timeline to November 2011, there's a photo of pots with steaming water & the following comment from Peter:

Nonsense.

I grew up with grandparents (both sides of the family) and some uncles and aunts who did not have indoor plumbing. And most of our family "vacations" consisted of staying at one or the other of these homes - summer or winter.

There is nothing to love about having to heat water on the stove to create 2 inches of barely warm water in a galvanized tub so that one can bathe. Also nothing to love about having to "sponge bathe" because there is no other option.

Did I say, I love a good hot shower with plenty of water?

Nonsense.

I grew up with grandparents (both sides of the family) and some uncles and aunts who did not have indoor plumbing. And most of our family "vacations" consisted of staying at one or the other of these homes - summer or winter.

There is nothing to love about having to heat water on the stove to create 2 inches of barely warm water in a galvanized tub so that one can bathe. Also nothing to love about having to "sponge bathe" because there is no other option.

Did I say, I love a good hot shower with plenty of water?

And doing this with kids still in diapers? TOTAL Nonsense.

oh, he is just another VF leghumper....He is married to Melissa Thomas and they have 3 children. They like to dress up in period costume, named their children after Robin Hood characters and in general, are VERY annoying. I highly doubt he is involved in any of this, I just don't think they want the dirty laundry aired and people start to question the whole belief system.

And no, no sympathy from him is there?

Wait... named their children after Robin Hood characters? Need more info! :violence-bowandarrow: :violence-duel:

Peas, there are Bradrick sisters but I don't remember them working at VF.

Bradrick's brother is married to a good-looking woman of Italian descent, who IIRC has sisters.

I don't want to start a trend of figuring out Who Doug Tooled, but he does seem to have a thing for the brunettes.

Or maybe Peter, having a daughter, is beginning to have a different attitude toward the female half of the population. I've seen misogynists change their tune to a whole new key when they have a girlchild of their own. Not many, but some.

Bingo.

The $64,000 question I'd like to ask Doug is, how would he feel if what happened to Hero happens to one of his daughters? What if Liberty, Jubilee, Faith, or little Virginia became the plaything-on-the-side to a powerful, philandering man? But of course, my asking him that question would fall under the category of women instructing men, which we all know is something that Simply Isn't Done. So I guess I'd better shut up now, and remember that I live but to serve.

Well, look at this post from Petey's newly public FB page.

yjm7k.png

Anyone else not finding it a mere coincidence that suddenly once Peter decides, with his Pops Scotty to start going after Dougie's lost disgruntled ilk to speak out about Dougie, his FB is magically public?

:text-yeahthat:

I can't imagine going through this with small kids. When I was in my early 20's and in my last semester of college, our water heater broke down in the midst of one of the coldest winters locally on record. We went through several weeks of heating water for washing etc. because my dad insisted on making the repair himself, kept putting it off, and only after me mum threw a huge fit did it get fixed. I was actually on a senior trip when it finally got fixed but I totally enjoyed actually getting into a hotel room and taking a real shower after a couple of months.

yjm7k.png

Anyone else not finding it a mere coincidence that suddenly once Peter decides, with his Pops Scotty to start going after Dougie's lost disgruntled ilk to speak out about Dougie, his FB is magically public?

Donotwanttothreadjack but!-- I am so hopeful for Faith. Maybe her aunt Alex will mentor her into some serious voice training and Faith will build a life of her own! Hopehopehope!

ETA Check out VFM's FB for August 26 - wide stance(s)! And a hussy showing ankle, calf and armpit!

ETAA Glad to have read this: homeschoolersanonymous.wordpress.com/2013/11/01/its-not-the-affair-that-irks-me-mr-phillips/ - gives hope that other young women & men are seeing the light

Donotwanttothreadjack but!-- I am so hopeful for Faith. Maybe her aunt Alex will mentor her into some serious voice training and Faith will build a life of her own! Hopehopehope!

ETA Check out VFM's FB for August 26 - wide stance(s)! And a hussy showing ankle, calf and armpit!

That is the good I will hope come out the mess Doug has made. His boys will longer be handed cushy jobs in VF, his daughters will no longer have their pick Prince Charmings. Most likely they will have to find their own way into the world. Hopefully they will seek out education/training and become productive, happy, adjusted members of society.

That is the good I will hope come out the mess Doug has made. His boys will longer be handed cushy jobs in VF, his daughters will no longer have their pick Prince Charmings. Most likely they will have to find their own way into the world. Hopefully they will seek out education/training and become productive, happy, adjusted members of society.

One can only hope.

yjm7k.png

Saw this last night - thanks for posting it here. Wasn't Doug Phillips Is A Tool removed as an "elder" from his church cult in February?

Kim over at LiaS is trying to backtrack from her daughters post about wanting to go to college. inashoe.com/2013/11/link-girls-shouldnt-be-highly-educated/

Why cant she accept the fact that her daughters want to something more then just a mother and wife? Whats wrong with going to college anyway? It could help improve their ability to homeschool.

Archived