IGNORED

Ding Dong, VF is Dead! And Doug Phillips is a Tool - Part 3

happy atheist

An interesting take on the San Antonio Christian Film Festival from a past "winner":

.christiannatureofmusic.com/reflections/2012/6/13/saying-goodbye-to-the-saicff.html#.Upk2XGt5mK1

Did anyone else think that she was being antisemitic when she said that Steven Spielberg, as a man "at enmity with God" couldn't glorify him?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joe Morecraft posted this to one of Peter's posts under Becky's name: "From Joe - My dear brothe[r] Peter, thank you for your honesty and courage. I know it was painful. I agree with your assessment."

Jordan Niednagel was egging Petey on, saying that he'd need more info to correctly assess the situation.

Perry Coghlan's dad gave his blessings to Peter's quest for the truth.

Very interesting to see which names appeared in the replies... and which names didn't.

Bradrick's FB is now public. facebook.com/peterbradrick

So it is OK to quote.

Is Petey seeing himself as weak or as strong? Why wasn't he the first to go public when Doug told him to fuck off at the "intervention?"

Perhaps he is alluding to Beall, the children and the unnamed third party lady? Maybe this is Peter 's flowery way of hoisting Doug Phillips is a tool by his own petard. We will have to see how this plays out.

Joe Morecraft posted this to one of Peter's posts under Becky's name: "From Joe - My dear brothe[r] Peter, thank you for your honesty and courage. I know it was painful. I agree with your assessment."

Jordan Niednagel was egging Petey on, saying that he'd need more info to correctly assess the situation.

Very interesting to see which names appeared in the replies... and which names didn't.

Yes. Other notable (in fundie circles) names showing up on Petey's FB include Audri Botkin and Kelly Reins. Word is out all over the place.

Y'know, he never actually said he had decided to reverse his decision to withdraw for a while. He just kept posting, then made his Facebook public, no less.

All I can think of is the end of "When the Foeman Bares His Steel" -

o8JcIAV5wms

Oh please, spare me. What exactly is the courageous thing sippy cup has done? He as posted some well after the fact, self-pity, woe is me, please start giving your VF tithes to my Pops Scotty on FB.

Oh please, spare me. What exactly is the courageous thing sippy cup has done? He as posted some well after the fact, self-pity, woe is me, please start giving your VF tithes to my Pops Scotty on FB.

Perhaps Bradrick! is trying to distract from whatever part he may have played in the Affaire d'Tool (even if it was just to look the other way) by trying to make it appear he tried to intervene and is just shocked! shocked, I tell you! by Doug (Phillips who is a tool)'s apostasy.

Finally Bradrick! springs into action during a (religious) emergency, if only to save himself.

I have no idea how this business venture failed.....

FIrc4UFoS_E

I have always found the beginning of that video extremely disturbing. The woman humming and then the music that starts makes it seem very alarmist, like Freddie Krueger might walk in with a hatchet at any moment. I'm sure it was done intentionally. They are all about making people feel fearful.

White fertility cult is a perfect description of Vision Forum.

And once Dougie (The Tool) is kicked out of his house, he'll combine it with a cargo cult.

FIrc4UFoS_E

Thank you for that truly...um, edifying link. I believe I wet myself laughing.

Manly men, armed with maps and wielding chainsaws--really, what else could you ask for in a time of a disaster? Shelter? Food? Medicine? Rescue? Pah! Bradrick has tools!

I can't see any of this hand-wringing without thinking of Claude Rains in "Casablanca":

"I'm shocked, SHOCKED, to find that gambling has been going on in this club". Except that Claude had more style.

And that manly man, Bob Renaud, Doug sycophant of many years, says the following:

Bob Renaud This is why we did what we did brother. We were not going to sit by and allow the weak to be victimized. I still believe in this doctrine even if my mentor and friend rejected it.

At what point, Bob, did you decide the weak should not be victimized notice that the weak were being victimized?

Edited for fix (see above)

I can't see any of this hand-wringing without thinking of Claude Rains in "Casablanca":

"I'm shocked, SHOCKED, to find that gambling has been going on in this club". Except that Claude had more style.

You beat me to it.

But I have the visual aid!

6012700112_4b960cdfc4.jpg

ETA -- watched the beginning of the video; at 1 minute in, I thought "well, you could start by closing the fucking window!" :roll:

And, I finally figured out who Peter Bradrick reminds me of, for several reasons:

WgUtTRi.jpg

FIrc4UFoS_E

Love how he shows the liberal Jack Cafferty saying, "No one thinks the government is doing a good job responding" to Hurricane Katrina. Newsflash, Petey: He was talking about racists like YOU who didn't give a damn about it because most of the victims were black. But hey, who has time for poor black folk in a natural disaster when there are irresponsible whites like Kelly Crawford who need "leadership"?

And by the way, aren't you supposed to pay to use footage from the cable news channels? And wouldn't it be stealing if you didn't?

Love how he shows the liberal Jack Cafferty saying, "No one thinks the government is doing a good job responding" to Hurricane Katrina. Newsflash, Petey: He was talking about racists like YOU who didn't give a damn about it because most of the victims were black. But hey, who has time for poor black folk in a natural disaster when there are irresponsible whites like Kelly Crawford who need "leadership"?

And by the way, aren't you supposed to pay to use footage from the cable news channels? And wouldn't it be stealing if you didn't?

Oh, you and your pesky 8th and 9th commandments, spoiling the boys' playing at being heroes.

Peter in ten years: disillusioned, bitter, and attempting to disguise himself with plastic surgery.

carrot-top.jpg?w=420

"Doug Phillips? Never heard of him."

I wonder where Doug is hiding this festive holiday season? Did he just hole himself up in the house that he doesn't own and is rebuilding his family ties? Or has he gone off with what's left of any VF money and taken one last hurrah of a vacation? Inquiring minds want to know.

Anyone know who the pink girl is? She would be grown up now. I wonder if she stayed in the Quiverfull movement or if she's one of the ones who got out?

I too would love to know more about the Pink Girl. I know I'm projecting, but my first thought was she must be the scapegoat of the group, the less-favored, maybe a tomboy or one who questions everything. So when they ran out of the awful flower-vomit print they ran to Joanne's to get a remnant of pink and cobbled together a dress for her. She's not smiling because she already sees through this shit and they know it. She's already marked with her Not Quite Scarlet Letter, and she's pissed about it.

Just a vodka and orange juice fueled fantasy, but I have to keep my hopes up that there will continue to be defectors and truth-speakers from this wretched group. This little girl looks like a good candidate :)

I think something like "what about that women and children first stuff, eh, Doug?" was the first thing I posted when this first came out (well, after posting George Takei saying "oh, my!").

I don't know if I should be thinking "see, even his former worshippers see the irony" or "eww, eww, eww -- I think like Peter Bradrick -- eww!"

I thought the exact same thing. However, I have also said the same thing about the fence incident with Peter. I've never understood why two godly manly men who are supposed to die for womankind wouldn't do the polite thing and either help Kelly over that damned fence or walk a little further to get to a gate. The fact that she felt compelled to roll under a fence would have shamed most people. Of course, Peter and Scott took pride in the incidence not realizing that it shone a very negative light on their own dedication to protecting women and children.

I wonder where Doug is hiding this festive holiday season? Did he just hole himself up in the house that he doesn't own and is rebuilding his family ties? Or has he gone off with what's left of any VF money and taken one last hurrah of a vacation? Inquiring minds want to know.

Yes, the silence is especially interesting in light of Doug's past blog posts on the holiday (visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/default.aspx?path=/2005/11/1316/):

2005-11-28_img_0716.jpg

Our practice during the meal is to give those at the table opportunity to share a providence of God, a poem of praise, or a testimony of thanksgiving, and (British Parliamentary style) to share our approval with hearty verbal affirmation and pounding of the table with our fists. Here, beloved friend Geoff Botkin (a man without whom there would have been no League of Grateful Sons film this year) offers words of spiritual encouragement and a few poems for the pilgrims present at the table.

2005-11-28_img_1017.jpg

Thank God for our dear pilgrim mothers of vision.

Must say that Victoria Botkin looked a lot happier & more pulled together years ago. Wonder what happened?

I wonder where Doug is hiding this festive holiday season?

XgvoV87.jpg

Would have been funnier before everybody ate Thanksgiving dinner, but I still couldn't resist.

This was Jeff Brown's comment on Bradrick's facebook page. Not everyone is happy that Phillips actions have been taken to the public

Jeff Brower This is so sad. There is obviously much I do not know and perhaps a lot I do not need to know. Matthew 18 require this be taken up by the church and if the offender completely rejects the call for repentance he is to be treated as an outsider. It seems that is what is being done here. We are led to understand the public confessions and repentance are fraudulent. I fail to see how prosecuting this on Facebook will strengthen the weak or restore the offender and fellowship. If brothers are so grievously offended gather the men and camp on his porch, crying out to the Lord until their is restoration. I fear this serves only to give Satan a victory. My heart is broken as are all my children looking in.

I would pay to see Bradrick and Scott Brown living on Doug's porch and begging him to repent. That would be hilarious.

Brower doesn't have concern for the Phillips' children, Beall or the mistress. Apparently, he doesn't want future victims of Phillips to be aware that the man is a scam artist.

This was Jeff Brown's comment on Bradrick's facebook page. Not everyone is happy that Phillips actions have been taken to the public

I would pay to see Bradrick and Scott Brown living on Doug's porch and begging him to repent. That would be hilarious.

Brower doesn't have concern for the Phillips' children, Beall or the mistress. Apparently, he doesn't want future victims of Phillips to be aware that the man is a scam artist.

Sounds like Jeff Brower simply needs to unfriend Petey. That would solve his unsavory exposure to anything Pete says unless he goes digging for it. The power of social media! And if someone would just point out that Dougie used the internet to promote himself falsely to the world, that he was finally confronted by his "brothers" and behaved like a toddler, then guess what? FB is a completely reasonable medium to start spreading the word. Petey and Scott Brown know they stand to lost their empire if they don't fight back publicly and denounce Dougie's actions (or inactions, as the case may be -- no apology to the victim, remember). Brower should just shut up if he doesn't know enough to have an opinion.

My 3rd grade teacher, a nun of many decades experience, taught us that when you broke wind you should beg pardon loud enough so that everyone who heard what you did could hear the apology.

The Tool broke his wind all over the internet. Ergo the internet is the proper place to play out the begging of the pardon.

Archived