IGNORED

Ding Dong, VF is Dead! And Doug Phillips is a Tool - Part 3

happy atheist

Seriously, all these photos of girls and young women in gauzy dresses looking adoringly at some man has convinced me that VF is nothing more than a white fertility cult. When it comes down to it, the real god of groups like VF and ATI is a certain brand of separatist conservatism, not Jesus. For them, it's all about long skirts, homeschooling, militant fecundity, and patriarchy, and god is thrown in every now and then for good measure. They must think that god is a fifty year old white guy with a perfectly skinny, yet modestly dressed wife, eight submissive kids, and a house bought in cash.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seriously, all these photos of girls and young women in gauzy dresses looking adoringly at some man has convinced me that VF is nothing more than a white fertility cult. When it comes down to it, the real god of groups like VF and ATI is a certain brand of separatist conservatism, not Jesus. For them, it's all about long skirts, homeschooling, militant fecundity, and patriarchy, and god is thrown in every now and then for good measure. They must think that god is a fifty year old white guy with a perfectly skinny, yet modestly dressed wife, eight submissive kids, and a house bought in cash.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Cleo, my heart is yours. This is exactly what they are, and it riles me beyond reason that they co-opt the name of my god to give themselves a veneer of respectability.

You hit the nail on the head.

The boys seemed to have escaped the color scheme. Little boy on left in red/white/blue and older boy on right in some kind of uniform (what is that - is he a security guard?).

The dresses remind me of when Fraulein Maria makes the Von Trapp children play clothes from the old draperies. But these are harder on the eye.

The photo actually reminded me of the Gone With The Wind parody on the old Carol Burnett Show, when she descends the stairs wearing drapes, curtain rod included.

The photo actually reminded me of the Gone With The Wind parody on the old Carol Burnett Show, when she descends the stairs wearing drapes, curtain rod included.

I loved that one -- lol! Despite the curtain rod, the fabric was actually okay. Not the eyesore of these hideous dresses. And the only thing missing FROM these hideous dresses are...curtain rods!

White fertility cult is a perfect description of Vision Forum.

Two commenters over at Jen's Gems are confirming the report that VF will close on Dec. 31. Here's one of them:

I have numerous friends who are employed by VFI and have been told they will no longer have a job as of Dec. 31st, 2013. Tis true indeed.

jensgems.wordpress.com/2013/11/27/vision-forum-inc-to-permanently-close-december-31/

I think Scott Brown has decided it was the right thing to do to help Kelly and the grandkids by giving Bradrick! a job, I wonder if Peter took a copy of the VFI/VFM mailing lists with him when he left Dougie.

I feel for the Botkin and Maxwell women, by being "successful" authors* they've condemned themselves to unwanted spinsterhood until such time that the income they bring into the family is less than their upkeep.

*For a given value of author, of course.

Perhaps these women want to be spinsters. Life as a submissive helpmeet and brood sow sounds like a much worse fate than a permanent SAHD who helps Daddy with his business, blogs, etc.

Perhaps ol' Doug "the tool" Phillips should just go get a job in theater for real! He seems to be quite into costuming and bombast, after all.

Yow. :shock:

How did the solid pink girl in front manage to get lucky and escape the uniform? They run out of horrible bedspreads or what?

Kids are cute, but wow, that pattern. Just so MUCH of that pattern.

Aha. Yeah that pic is at a wedding, isn't it? That would be about right. I remember some website devoted to snarking on such dresses - most were people sending in their own pics, it was all in good fun.

Still, solid pink girl sure did escape well!

Solid pink girl is also the only of the girls who appears not to be taking the presumed command to Smile As If You Mean It seriously. That's the look I wear on my face when I'm doing something not because I want to, but because it's not worth fighting.

Petey is PISSED! He's finally posted a quote on his FB page that is attributed to Doug Phillips Who is a Tool, then follows it by commentary. I can't quote it here, but it has something to do with the "women and children first" that Dougie preached and then turned on his own teachings. Just wait. I'm sure someone with post it on Jen's Gems.

ETA: punctuation, not content

Petey is PISSED! He's finally posted a quote on his FB page that is attributed to Doug Phillips Who is a Tool, then follows it by commentary. I can't quote it here, but it has something to do with the "women and children first" that Dougie preached and then turned on his own teachings. Just wait. I'm sure someone with post it on Jen's Gems.

I think Petey has made his FB page public. I can see this, and all his other recent posts, now - a few days ago, I couldn't.

Does that make it fair game to quote it here? I don't want to violate any TOU...

Oooh, Petey's MAD!

2DipdVL.jpg

He must have given it much thought to convert his FB page to public since at first he vowed to retreat. He must have a plan with Scott Brown to throw Doug under the bus, which must mean that they both know a lot more than they are willing to talk about just yet. Interesting development.

And I think Petey's new "job" for Scott Brown is probably as a spokesperson. I would guess a lot of what he's posting is coming from Scott.

Solid pink girl is also the only of the girls who appears not to be taking the presumed command to Smile As If You Mean It seriously. That's the look I wear on my face when I'm doing something not because I want to, but because it's not worth fighting.

Anyone know who the pink girl is? She would be grown up now. I wonder if she stayed in the Quiverfull movement or if she's one of the ones who got out?

He must have given it much thought to convert his FB page to public since at first he vowed to retreat. He must have a plan with Scott Brown to throw Doug under the bus, which must mean that they both know a lot more than they are willing to talk about just yet. Interesting development.

And I think Petey's new "job" for Scott Brown is probably as a spokesperson. I would guess a lot of what he's posting is coming from Scott.

I agree, I don't think Petey's ever been anything more than a sycophantic Howdy Doody ventriloquist dummy for more powerful men.

Bradrick's FB is now public. facebook.com/peterbradrick

So it is OK to quote.

“For one thousand years, this principle has guided Western civilization. Simply stated, that principle is this: the groom dies for the bride, the strong suffer for the weak, and the highest expression of love is to give one’s life for another. The men aboard the Titanic recognized their duty because they had been raised in a culture that implicitly embraced such notions. Only by returning to these foundations can we ever hope to live in a society in which men will make the self-conscious decision to die so that women and children may live. This is the true legacy of the Titanic.†Douglas Phillips

When those who champion “women and children first†hide behind smooth words instead of “suffering for the weakâ€... When the strong take advantage of the weak, and then turn them out like so much garbage… When the strong seize the lifeboats and leave the weak drowning in the icy water… it leaves no choice for men of God other than to rise up and oppose them when they discover the truth. Woe to those that do not.

Is Petey seeing himself as weak or as strong? Why wasn't he the first to go public when Doug told him to fuck off at the "intervention?"

I agree, I don't think Petey's ever been anything more than a sycophantic Howdy Doody ventriloquist dummy for more powerful men.

Well, he has never struck me as being one of life's intellectuals. In most of his pictures, he looks he is trying really, really hard to understand what is going on, but just not getting there...

Oh those two are soooooo going after the ex-VF crowd. They are like vulture circling a half dead cow.

“For one thousand years, this principle has guided Western civilization. Simply stated, that principle is this: the groom dies for the bride, the strong suffer for the weak, and the highest expression of love is to give one’s life for another. The men aboard the Titanic recognized their duty because they had been raised in a culture that implicitly embraced such notions. Only by returning to these foundations can we ever hope to live in a society in which men will make the self-conscious decision to die so that women and children may live. This is the true legacy of the Titanic.†Douglas Phillips

When those who champion “women and children first†hide behind smooth words instead of “suffering for the weakâ€... When the strong take advantage of the weak, and then turn them out like so much garbage… When the strong seize the lifeboats and leave the weak drowning in the icy water… it leaves no choice for men of God other than to rise up and oppose them when they discover the truth. Woe to those that do not.

I think something like "what about that women and children first stuff, eh, Doug?" was the first thing I posted when this first came out (well, after posting George Takei saying "oh, my!").

I don't know if I should be thinking "see, even his former worshippers see the irony" or "eww, eww, eww -- I think like Peter Bradrick -- eww!"

Oh those two are soooooo going after the ex-VF crowd. They are like vulture circling a half dead cow.

Who's got Photoshop? :twisted:

Archived