IGNORED

Vision Forum Now Closing, Doug Phillips Still a Tool-Part 2

happy atheist

In other news: Doug Phillips is a tool.

I've been meaning to ask about the origin of this phrase -- did it start as a google bomb or something? I've been reading for less than a year -- is there an earlier thread someone can point me to?

:dead-horse: :digging: :chores-chopwood: :tools-hammerdrill: :violence-chainsaw: <--- smileys showing proper use of tools :lol:

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now, now, Mary. You can't be an Anaconda Hunter forever. Afterall, there is...(wait for it)...So. Much. More.

:o Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..am I going to be forced to untie Geoff Botkin's shoes or something? Because... :shock:

Doug Phillips is a tool.

I've been meaning to ask about the origin of this phrase -- did it start as a google bomb or something? I've been reading for less than a year -- is there an earlier thread someone can point me to?

:dead-horse: :digging: :chores-chopwood: :tools-hammerdrill: :violence-chainsaw: <--- smileys showing proper use of tools :lol:

Try here (hope I'm doing this correctly, as linking from a phone is hard!):

http://FreeJinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7783

Enjoy your Doug Phillips Is A Tool experience!

Dougie is a tool, Dougie is a tool,

He always lets the fundies win!

Dougie is a tool...

Doug Phillips is the tooliest tool who ever tooled!

There once was a tool, name of Doug

His speeches in public were smug

He made a confession

That he'd been out messin'---

It wasn't swept under the rug!

Pharisettes? Sounds like a '60s Motown girl group...

I met him on a Sunday with his KJV

Da doo ron ron ron, da doo ron ron!

I thought I'd get to know him (but not biblically)

Pharisettes? Sounds like a '60s Motown girl group...

I met him on a Sunday with his KJV

I thought I'd get to know him (but not biblically)

Yeah, his name was Doug

Yeah, he gave me a "hug"

But, when he took me home

He stood so wide he was short as a gnome.

Work has been seriously ramped up for me this past week, so I haven't had as much time as I would like to devote to FJ, and Doug Phillips-related research. BUT, I've been keeping an eye on the fundie blogging world, and struck a bit o' pay dirt this morning (copied here in its entirety, because it's just too good not to. A bit of bolding mine):

buildingafamilythatwillstand.blogspot.com/2013/11/doug-phillips-vision-forum.html

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2013

Doug Phillips & Vision Forum

Most who know us personally and who follow our blog are aware that we’re in agreement with many of the principles espoused by Vision Forum and Doug Phillips. In light of Doug’s recent confession, some have insinuated that we are guilty of putting the man and his ministry on a pedestal, that we blindly overlooked or ignored areas they found problematic and brought to our attention. The former is entirely true, we were indeed, and remain, committed supporters of the biblical truths espoused by Vision Forum and Doug Phillips throughout the years, but the latter is wholly untrue. We put no man on any pedestal, well knowing how frail and prone to sin all are, we simply were, and are, thankful for the challenge he laid before us some many years ago to order our personal lives, as well as our family life, in a way which reflects that which is directly and principally taught in the Word. Doug Phillips happened to be one of the few men bold enough to speak those truths for many years, and we remain exceedingly thankful that the Lord raised him up for such a time as this.

We want to make it abundantly clear that we make no attempt to distance ourselves from the ministry or the man. We yet consider Vision Forum to be an excellent resource for faith affirming and family building materials and plan to continue to benefit from the products offered, encouraging others to do likewise. As for the man, our brother, Doug, he has seemingly proven himself to be wholly repentant, taking all necessary steps to subject himself to the accountability and oversight of his church elders, to make amends where and as possible, and to endeavour to walk out his repentance in humility, and so we stand with and for him, praying that his repentance is true and that good fruit will be the result from this time forward.

We particularly pray for Doug’s precious wife, a dear and faithful handmaiden of the Lord, and their sweet children, asking the Lord to provide comfort, peace, and strength to endure this most severe trial, and to emerge more deeply in love with their Saviour and more firmly committed to the truths of His Word.

We also pray for the woman involved, whomever she may be, that she, too, will repent of her sin if she hasn’t already, that she will find forgiveness and restoration in that One Who paid the ultimate price for our sin, Who willingly subjected Himself to the cross that we might be spared the justly deserved eternal wrath of a Holy God. We also pray for her family, asking the Lord to do what only He can do, to bring healing and hope in the midst of sorrow.

In addition, we pray for those who have been shaken by this news, those who have been left reeling and confused, who are tempted to throw out the truths of God’s Word, the baby if you will, with the bath water. Be encouraged, brethren, God’s Word remains true and hinges on no man, save Christ Jesus. Do not despair, but taste and see that the Lord is good, that He is pruning His Church, cleansing His Bride, that He will allow no sin to remain in His camp. May our brother's sin cause us to be ever mindful of our own propensity to compromise, may it be the impetus to examine our own hearts, to repent of any and all we will inevitably find within, and to walk from this day forward in such a way as to testify to His saving and keeping grace. Whatever we do, we oughtn't despair. God is on His throne and He is not surprised or shaken by any of this.

We also fervently pray that the Lord will keep the howling wolves at bay, those who are gleefully delighting in our brother’s fall, those who are shrieking and cackling and frothing at the mouth, while they, themselves, wallow in the filth and glory in the stench of their own sin, even some who profess Christ. May those who are His repent of their gossip and gloating, and may those who are without have the scales removed from their eyes and be brought into the saving knowledge of our Lord, Jesus Christ.

And finally, brethren, according to 1 Corinthians 10:12:

“Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.â€

Posted by Deborah at 8:13 PM

"We also fervently pray that the Lord will keep the howling wolves at bay, those who are gleefully delighting in our brother’s fall, those who are shrieking and cackling and frothing at the mouth, while they, themselves, wallow in the filth and glory in the stench of their own sin, even some who profess Christ. May those who are His repent of their gossip and gloating, and may those who are without have the scales removed from their eyes and be brought into the saving knowledge of our Lord, Jesus Christ."

Oh dear.

There once was a tool, name of Doug

His speeches in public were smug

He made a confession

That he'd been out messin'---

It wasn't swept under the rug!

There once was a tool, named Doug

Whose anaconda was so small he was smug

But his ego was so huge

He acted like a great big stooge

And his own grave he dug!

"We also fervently pray that the Lord will keep the howling wolves at bay, those who are gleefully delighting in our brother’s fall, those who are shrieking and cackling and frothing at the mouth, while they, themselves, wallow in the filth and glory in the stench of their own sin, even some who profess Christ. May those who are His repent of their gossip and gloating, and may those who are without have the scales removed from their eyes and be brought into the saving knowledge of our Lord, Jesus Christ."

Oh dear.

Where did that gem come from.

That's from the longer piece that Marian the Librarian posted above. That's the part that really stuck out to me, though. I have no words. truly, no words. Besides the obvious: Doug Phillips is a Tool.

Oh dear.

True to form, they are pointing out the mote in the eye of other's while ignoring the log in their own.

Where did that gem come from.

Doug would have been ALL OVER this situation if it had been anyone else but him. He'd be the howling wolf, gleefully delighting in another brother's fall, shrieking and cackling and frothing at the mouth.

I hope whatever he's done (and we all know it's more than just flirting with another woman) comes fully to light and someone gets a chance to throw the book at him.

And...still waiting to hear from Peter Bradrick and Scott Brown. And maybe even old Pa Serven.

"We also fervently pray that the Lord will keep the howling wolves at bay, those who are gleefully delighting in our brother’s fall, those who are shrieking and cackling and frothing at the mouth, while they, themselves, wallow in the filth and glory in the stench of their own sin

Well, I'm about to wallow in my own stench a bit, since I'm going to the gym. I don't exactly glory in it, but it's necessary.

Then I will cleanse myself with a nice warm shower.

I doubt I'll do any howling, but I might be able to get the dog going.

Shrieking, cackling and frothing are definitely out.

Criticizing Doug, however, will continue.

Of course, my "everything's a song cue" brain went right to this:

I love Pharisettes in spring time

I love Pharisettes in fall

I love Pharisettes in summer when it sizzles

I love Pharisettes in winter when it drizzles

My metaphorical hat is off to you once more, chere madame. Are you not the genius who managed to cram Doug (Who Is A Tool)'s convoluted term "evolutionistic scientism" into a parody of "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"?

Hey, I may shriek and cackle but I don't froth at the mouth! Last I checked I'm not rabid :-p

I would also like to note my sin smells of warm vanilla.

Hey, I may shriek and cackle but I don't froth at the mouth! Last I checked I'm not rabid :-p

I would also like to note my sin smells of warm vanilla.

Mmmm, warm vanilla. Are you also tasting and seeing that The Lord is good?

I confess I gleefully cackled when I read this.

My metaphorical hat is off to you once more, chere madame. Are you not the genius who managed to cram Doug (Who Is A Tool)'s convoluted term "evolutionistic scientism" into a parody of "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"?

That was me, thank you for remembering. I have to admit I was proud of that one.

The above, however, just sort of happened -- it's not a very complex one, after all. Sometimes my brain just goes into parody mode, on it's own.

It's a bit like Dr. Jekyll's formula -- after a while, the transformation just . . . starts . . . happening . . . :shock:

Oh dear.

Any clues as to the identities of the howling wolves, the shriekers, cacklers, frothers....and especially the specific sins and the nature of the filth and glory wallowing???

Maybe that was me frothing at the mouth. I had a yummy iced green bubble tea last night.

Archived