IGNORED

Vision Forum Now Closing, Doug Phillips Still a Tool-Part 2

happy atheist

Reading through the comments on spiritualsoundingboard.com/2013/11/11/the-board-of-vision-forum-ministries-announces-the-closing-of-vision-forum-ministries/#comments I see some interesting discussion.

spiritualsoundingboard.com/2013/11/11/the-board-of-vision-forum-ministries-announces-the-closing-of-vision-forum-ministries/#comment-52216

I can assure you that Doug Phillips would have never ever resigned voluntarily from the church or the ministry that he founded, regardless of the sin. He was forced out in both cases. In all likelihood it was all handled much like a “plea bargain†is when someone is criminally charged: plead guilty to a lesser charge in exchange for a lighter sentence. Doug’s public “confession†and resignation would have been a condition of that plea deal. Whether or not the winding down of VFM was something Doug knew was coming or not is subject to speculation, but my guess is he did know of it. Otherwise the odds of a nasty lawsuit would be almost 100%.

spiritualsoundingboard.com/2013/11/11/the-board-of-vision-forum-ministries-announces-the-closing-of-vision-forum-ministries/#comment-52209

The affair was with a younger woman (girl) in her teenage years who was very involved with the ministries of both VF and the church. She also helped greatly with the family’s children as a nanny for many years.

This affair has gone on at least 10 years – although she is of age now, she was not when the affair began.

Sorry to reveal so much, I believe this to be true, and the truth sets people free.

And this reply

spiritualsoundingboard.com/2013/11/11/the-board-of-vision-forum-ministries-announces-the-closing-of-vision-forum-ministries/#comment-52218

Thank you, T.W. Eston for that helpful information. As I have been discussing this case with others familiar with boards/churches, your words line up completely.

Did you happen to read Nikki’s comment above? Can you confirm what she posted? That this was going on for 10 years and that it began when the young lady was a minor?

It's starting to unravel, but for whatever reason it appears most people are going the extra mile to protect the victim. I am surprised and pleased about that.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Celebrating the sinking of the Titanic. Still can't wrap my brain around that one.

Its a metaphor for the sinking of vision forum.

It's like any clique, company or what have you- if you are popular, in the know, hang with the right people and fit In as the Coghlans do....life can be very, very sweet. No wonder Kim feels this way.

Doug Wilson, eh?

Homeboy aided & abetted a pedophile in his congregation and then married the guy off to a SAHD in the congregation: thewartburgwatch.com/2012/07/18/the-real-doug-wilson-encouraged-presided-over-the-marriage-of-serial-pedophile/

:disgust:

That's sickening! I hope they don't have children.

Someone who is close but not physically close to the situation told me that perhaps now the children will see that their dad is a human and not perfect. It will be a shock to their system when these paid vacations stop going on. I'd like to have been a fly on the wall when Doug (Phillips is a Tool) sat his boys down and told them he cheated on their mother. And who told the girls? Doug or Beall? :liar:

They will probably be totally grossed when they hear that the girl he cheated with was a teenager, same age as the children, when the affair began.

The kids are in for a rude awakening. They have been superstars in the circles they move in hand has probably gotten a lot of admiration and special treatment, just because their dad is a church leader. Now he's a pariah and people will probably avoid the whole family. I do feel sorry for the kids but I think that in the long run this awakening will be beneficial for their caracters.

Interesting comment:

Please pray for this young lady, her family and the Phillips family. This woman went unmarried all through her 20′s to be there for DP’s every need and whim. When she finally realized she could no longer continue the affair, due to God’s conviction and disgust with the hypocrisy, she made it clear she would expose him if he didn’t confess.

I believe this will slowly be revealed in public. I’m so disappointed with this ministry and the people who have used and abused my family that I don’t care if the truth hurts them anymore. They all

needed a massive wakeup call and this ministry, as an entirety, needs to repent.

http://spiritualsoundingboard.com/2013/ ... ment-52218

This gives a rough timeline of things that have been discussed here:

visionforumministries.org/issues/education/christian_graduations_and_youn.aspx

[Edited by hoipolloi to remove direct link - good info, BTW]

Holy Cow, this is a find.

Also, from the same spiritual sounding board linked above:

The affair was with a younger woman (girl) in her teenage years who was very involved with the ministries of both VF and the church. She also helped greatly with the family’s children as a nanny for many years.

This affair has gone on at least 10 years – although she is of age now, she was not when the affair began.

Sorry to reveal so much, I believe this to be true, and the truth sets people free.

[Edited by hoipolloi to remove direct link]

Holy Cow, this is a find.

Also, from the same spiritual sounding board linked above:

That sick, twisted son of a bitch. :angry-screaming: :angry-fire: :angry-steamingears: :angry-cussingblack:

There is no statute of limitations in Texas for sexual assault or indecency with a child. I wish whoever it is would prosecute his sorry ass and send him to jail.

That sick, twisted son of a bitch. :angry-screaming: :angry-fire: :angry-steamingears: :angry-cussingblack:

There is no statute of limitations in Texas for sexual assault or indecency with a child. I wish whoever it is would prosecute his sorry ass and send him to jail.

Apparently, the tool is taking his cues from his Confederate heroes who took advantage of the servants in their households. :music-tool: At least this means the victim wasn't one of his own, but this illustrates how everything he teaches just deprives women/girls of their agency.

They will probably be totally grossed when they hear that the girl he cheated with was a teenager, same age as the children, when the affair began.

The kids are in for a rude awakening. They have been superstars in the circles they move in hand has probably gotten a lot of admiration and special treatment, just because their dad is a church leader. Now he's a pariah and people will probably avoid the whole family. I do feel sorry for the kids but I think that in the long run this awakening will be beneficial for their caracters.

On the slight chance that he wrote something about his dad's affair, I checked out Joshua Phillips twitter account. His last post was Oct 30 when he quoted CS Lewis "If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road." I do feel sympathy for Doug's kids. This must be a shock to everything that they have been taught. However, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who has read history or just observed human nature. Whenever one person has absolute control over other people, abuses are going to occur. I would be shocked that this isn't happening in other Vision Forum families.

So according to Doug's own blog post from 2003, the young woman (who may or may not be the one he had a relationship with) graduated in 2003. So she was 18 or 19 then? How old are students when they graduate in the US?

Beall and I have known the graduate for more than three years. In fact, we consider her to be a member of the family, and her parents to be the dearest of friends. She has assisted my wife on more occasions than any of us could count and even traveled with us on adventures with Vision Forum. The celebration was a special blessing because, in every respect, Lourdes personified the characteristics that a Christian woman should possess to be described as “commencing†or graduating to the next step on the journey of mature Christian womanhood. What a tremendous blessing!

For more than three years... so she was 14-15 something when she got to know them.

This is ironic in retrospect: The celebration was a special blessing because, in every respect, Lourdes personified the characteristics that a Christian woman should possess to be described as “commencing†or graduating to the next step on the journey of mature Christian womanhood. What a tremendous blessing!

"Gratuating to the next step on the journey of mature Christian womanhood". A hazardous journey led by her church leader. :ew: Doug Phillips is not a tool, he's a fucking predator.

Thank you for using the terminology "sexual assault". I have been distressed at the number of times I have read, even in the more recent posts, in this thread, the word "affair". "Affair" implies consent. When a minor is involved, or a significant power imbalance is involved, or the abuser is in a place of significant authority over the abused, there is no actual consent. In this case, involvement with a minor also means actual laws were broken. The pastor/congregant piece adds spiritual abuse into the mess.

No, not an "affair".

I am starting to think that by the time more truth about this mess is revealed, Doug is going to make Jack Schaap look minimal. (For the record, Jack Schaap is now serving time in a federal prison).

I hope the Texas authorities do their job. (Not a given; Texas seems to have way more than their share of strange religious groups, and IMO goes to the extreme to not get involved if they can avoid it).

Hej sa lange, Clementinee~! What a find.

Can somebody please please please please screencap and save this for posterity?

Even if it wasn't a certain woman (I'm biased, she looks like one of my daughters-in-law) it's so important to preserve that entry before the interns can scrub it!

The noble virtue of keeping your grown daughters at home, HAH! *scoff!!*

What would it take for the state to prosecute him? Does the victim have to report him herself or can the police and district attourney start an investigation if somebody else contacts the police?

Can we avoid using her name please? I know I did earlier, but so many people have made good points about this I have been uncomfortable with the speculation. But at this moment it is speculation and also discussing someone who had a big power differential and was possibly a minor.

It would be nice if we could redact her name.

Hej sa lange, Clementinee~! What a find.

Can somebody please please please please screencap and save this for posterity?

Even if it wasn't a certain woman (I'm biased, she looks like one of my daughters-in-law) it's so important to preserve that entry before the interns can scrub it!

The noble virtue of keeping your grown daughters at home, HAH! *scoff!!*

Got one copy for you Mama Junebug.

But don't rely on me, someone else grab one too.

Speaking of airheads to the throne, might Justin Turley step into the gap? His "grooming" of little Calvin so reminds me of Doug:

justinturley.com/archives/956

The little tyke is four years old. It would be funny if he grew up to become a heavy metal rock artist or a liberal politician. In his poem to his son, Turley writes that his son, "No ordinary boy of three\His childhood eccentricities/His love for Shakespeare, Mozart and Lee/ Have captured this old heart"

I don't mean to be ignorant but Turley does not mean Robert E. Lee, does he? Is there some great writer named Lee?

Thank you for using the terminology "sexual assault". I have been distressed at the number of times I have read, even in the more recent posts, in this thread, the word "affair". "Affair" implies consent. When a minor is involved, or a significant power imbalance is involved, or the abuser is in a place of significant authority over the abused, there is no actual consent. In this case, involvement with a minor also means actual laws were broken. The pastor/congregant piece adds spiritual abuse into the mess.

No, not an "affair".

I am starting to think that by the time more truth about this mess is revealed, Doug is going to make Jack Schaap look minimal. (For the record, Jack Schaap is now serving time in a federal prison).

I hope the Texas authorities do their job. (Not a given; Texas seems to have way more than their share of strange religious groups, and IMO goes to the extreme to not get involved if they can avoid it).

Good point apple1, thank you for reminding us.

Got one copy for you Mama Junebug.

But don't rely on me, someone else grab one too.

That article actually causes me to feel a great deal of pain for the young woman. The entire system that Vision Forum follows seems set up to create potential victims for abusers who claim to be godly.

" In contrast, a woman who meets the biblical requirements for graduation is one who is comfortable being under the jurisdiction of her father and seeks to make him successful in every way. She recognizes that God calls women to be under the authority of God-appointed men, first in the form of fathers, and later as husbands.

There are other clear benchmarks of mature Christian womanhood outlined in Scripture. They include demonstrating a spirit of submission to authority, modesty, and gracious communication (1 Peter 3), sobriety, an absence of gossip, and faithfulness in all things (1 Timothy 3), a love of home and children (Titus 2), a

Am I wrong in saying that the victim's entire family worked for the Phillips' in some capacity. I found an old thread on the first Free Jinger site has some posts about the Phillip's nanny.

"Ok so who is xxxx Is this another celebrity in Fundieland? I'm trying to catch up here, ha ha!

xxxxis the Phillips's nanny/maid. Her father makes her, her brother, (and I believe her mother as well) work at the Phillips home free of charge because his "vision" for his family is to support Dougie's "vision". Every now and then when the Phillipses go on those amazing vacations spiritual journeys they'll foot the bill for xxxx(and possibly her brother as well) to go along so that she can watch the children and continue to let Beall sit around on her ass.

http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/7565#.UoTU5xqbP3w

[Edited by hoipolloi to remove direct link to VF material]

Archived