IGNORED

Vision Forum Now Closing, Doug Phillips Still a Tool-Part 2

happy atheist

The little tyke is four years old. It would be funny if he grew up to become a heavy metal rock artist or a liberal politician. In his poem to his son, Turley writes that his son, "No ordinary boy of three\His childhood eccentricities/His love for Shakespeare, Mozart and Lee/ Have captured this old heart"

I don't mean to be ignorant but Turley does not mean Robert E. Lee, does he? Is there some great writer named Lee?

Robert E. it is -- Turley wants the pre-Civil war era to return.

We did have a thread around here somewhere about the poem, if you want to look for it.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That article actually causes me to feel a great deal of pain for the young woman. The entire system that Vision Forum follows seems set up to create potential victims for abusers who claim to be godly.

Am I wrong in saying that the victim's entire family worked for the Phillips' in some capacity. I found an old thread on the first Free Jinger site has some posts about the Phillip's nanny.

http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/7565#.UoTU5xqbP3w

I don't know if the father worked for VF and I don't think the family members who did got paid in cash, but volunteered for free and sometimes got free tickets to trips they couldn't afford in return. My source for that is a comment I read on Jensgems (I think) from somebody who claims to know the family so it may or may not be true. But it sounds possible.

Thank you, Clementine, and anybody else who saves that 2003 xxxxx graduation blogpost.

Meanwhile, I'm having trouble finding the "72 hours in the terminal" video. That's one we wouldn't want to lose. I'll give it another 5 minutes searching, then real work (!!!!) calls.

Robert E. it is -- Turley wants the pre-Civil war era to return.

We did have a thread around here somewhere about the poem, if you want to look for it.

Thanks. It has been several months since I have been on freejinger-not because I don't love you all but fundies were beginning to depress me. However, with who else can discuss this new information about Doug Phillips?

Thanks. It has been several months since I have been on freejinger-not because I don't love you all but fundies were beginning to depress me. However, with who else can discuss this new information about Doug Phillips?

You're welcome, and I am very happy to see you posting again.

The fundies depress me, too, so I understand.

Thank you, Clementine, and anybody else who saves that 2003 xxxxx graduation blogpost.

Meanwhile, I'm having trouble finding the "72 hours in the terminal" video. That's one we wouldn't want to lose. I'll give it another 5 minutes searching, then real work (!!!!) calls.

media.visionforum.com/blogs/doug/2012/05/10145/

Here you are, MamaJ.

ETA: Aaaaand it's gone private. That didn't take long ...

Here you are, MamaJ.

I can watch it without any problems. So is the girl who is leaning on Doug his daughter and the woman in white the nanny?

From their looks, they could be sisters. Which makes this mess even creepier.

Thank you , Morton Fan! I was able to watch it. No new clues.

I'm feeling vindictive. Some have theorized that DP will be able to cut a deal for the 6,000-sq-ft (can you IMAGINE?) house and buy it from Leininger/VFI, whatever. Without wishing the uninvolved children any ill, I rather hope they have to move into something more modest (I'll leave out the details). Why? Because perhaps it would demonstrate to the kids: What our patriarch did was wrong, and crime does not pay, and life in the mainstream beats this con game anytime. I know....but I can dream.

Here you are, MamaJ.

So, while he made that video, Doug was having an affair with the young lady.

Apparently, the nanny's mother has cancer so the story becomes even worse.

media.visionforum.com/blogs/doug/2012/07/10314/

XXXX 25, an estate manager for private residential properties in San Antonio, Texas, said, “When we got the news that my mother was diagnosed with cancer, it came as a shock. Initially, she ate a lot of salads and juiced a lot of vegetables and fruit. Then, she began to explore the different options of bringing together these raw ingredients to make different, more creative recipes.

“My mother now eats 95% raw food. Since we live together, I think it’s safe to say that 25% of my diet is raw compared to 5% beforehand. I definitely feel better, have more energy and don’t get tired as easily as I used to. My favorite dish is the Nutty Taco Filling. Not only is it very flavorful, but, because it’s a protein, it’s more filling.â€

How many of the Vision Forum employees and hangers on were aware of the affair and turned a blind eye to it because it involved one of their powerful members?

I can watch it without any problems. So is the girl who is leaning on Doug his daughter and the woman in white the nanny?

From their looks, they could be sisters. Which makes this mess even creepier.

Yes, and the latter looks like she's thinking, "Yeah, I'm pretty much done with this shit."

Here you are, MamaJ.

Hmm. Well, the Austin airport has had backscatter machines for quite a while now (I fly out of there regularly) so I wonder where poor paranoid Dougie has been flying from lately to "keep his family safe"?

This guy just oozes arrogance. Honestly, I had never bothered to watch any videos of him until the last couple of weeks, and he is so triggering for me. His mannerisms and tone remind me a lot of someone in my own life who I would rather forget.

I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but has it been confirmed it was the nanny?

I keep hoping that someone will say that they were mistaken. I went from feeling vindicated in my views that Doug was skeevy to feeling outraged and saddened that he took advantage of someone who doesn't have a lot of power in their relationship.

This guy just oozes arrogance. Honestly, I had never bothered to watch any videos of him until the last couple of weeks, and he is so triggering for me. His mannerisms and tone remind me a lot of someone in my own life who I would rather forget.

I had never watched any videos of him, either, and I am completely in agreement with you on the creepiness. Yuck.

Kim C. at LiaS posted today about Vision Forum. Really sounds like Perry might be losing his job

I cannot imagine any way that Beall could have been ignorant of this, given the scenario and the duration. Which would make her an accomplice IMO - perhaps - or perhaps not - legally, but definitely if she knew and turned a blind eye, morally - even given the extreme patriarchal environment.

Matter of fact, I cannot imagine that there are not more than a few accomplices, given the scenario and the duration. So, several individuals consciously decided to turn a blind eye???

Extending the train of thought, abusers rarely are caught with the first victim. It is not impossible that there are more direct victims (in addition to the many victims that are victims by virtue of buying into Doug's crap).

"Xxxx, an estate manager for private residential properties in San Antonio, Texas, ..."

Estate manager, eh? Classy name for "unpaid custodian/maintenance fellow," and I WON'T say "pool boy" because even though it would offer some slight comic relief, there is only ONE pool boy and that is Agador as played by Hank Azaria in "The Birdcage."

As we were.

I cannot imagine any way that Beall could have been ignorant of this, given the scenario and the duration. Which would make her an accomplice IMO - perhaps - or perhaps not - legally, but definitely if she knew and turned a blind eye, morally - even given the extreme patriarchal environment.

Matter of fact, I cannot imagine that there are not more than a few accomplices, given the scenario and the duration. So, several individuals consciously decided to turn a blind eye???

Extending the train of thought, abusers rarely are caught with the first victim. It is not impossible that there are more direct victims (in addition to the many victims that are victims by virtue of buying into Doug's crap).

Assuming Beall did know, maybe she was just tired of dealing with the tool's "tool" and was glad to have someone else perform that job, even if doing so meant that she was violating the trust and rights of a girl who was supposedly like a daughter to her.

This is making me cry. I am a sexual assault survivor. Its hard to watch others go through it especially when its such a high profile case.

Someone who is close but not physically close to the situation told me that perhaps now the children will see that their dad is a human and not perfect. It will be a shock to their system when these paid vacations stop going on. I'd like to have been a fly on the wall when Doug (Phillips is a Tool) sat his boys down and told them he cheated on their mother. And who told the girls? Doug or Beall? :liar:

I am going to go out on a limb and say that some of the older kids likely knew their dad was doing whatever he was doing, as did the wife. HOw much they ignored it or helped hide it probably varies. My FIL tended to be a serial cheater from the time my husband was a kid. The oldest brother ignored it... even as an adult. The second brother worked with the father a lot, and met first hand some of the girlfriends in the role of girlfriend, from the time he was a late teen until he was in his 40s... and didn't "tell" until he was in his 40s. Hub's sister and mother "knew" but were willing to be dissuaded by the father when the mom confronted him, though the sister was ready for her mom's divorce before the mother was. My husband followed his dad when he was 16, to prove to himself what was going on....that and other reasons put him firmly on his mother's side. Even after my mother in law hired investigators to prove it to herself, when I mentioned we'd all known of the affairs, she said-- why didn't you tell me. I told her-- I knew because YOU told me!. So there are a lot of mental acrobatics within the family when this is going on.

So, yes, there may have been some telling and some real and pretended shock (both at the actions and at the acknowledgement) it was not likely a complete suprise (whatever "it" was) to Beall or some if not all of the older children... Just my observation about life.

See, I was convinced that Doug is as gay as the Fourth of July--until I saw that squicktastic clip upthread of his duet with his teenaged daughter. The amount of handholding, hugging, and kissing he kept doing while the girl was trying to sing a challenging piece in front of a large audience showed that he has NO clue about appropriate boundaries. His body language and facial expression exactly mirrored the famous pic of him canoodling with BRADRICK! in a church pew.

It all smacks of "I'm the Great Man, so I can do whatever I want, and your petty, specious criticism will just roll off me, you insignificant peasant."

This is making me cry. I am a sexual assault survivor. Its hard to watch others go through it especially when its such a high profile case.

Hugs to you. Me too. And years ago I bought their crap hook, line and sinker and gave it to my young children as gifts. I feel like I'm going to throw up. :cry:

Kim C. at LiaS posted today about Vision Forum. Really sounds like Perry might be losing his job

Yes, I imagine that's the "many changes afoot" she mentioned, but can't talk about right now. Phillips hurt many people, not just his immediate family.

One of Kim's commentors wrote the following in response to Kim's post on what a blessing VF had been to their family;

"Our family had only recently learned of Vision Forum, but in that short span of time it was a big blessing. Particularly because there were so many convictions we knew God was forming in is yet many Christians couldn’t understand and some even criticized us for it. The values upheld by Vision Forum has been an encouragement to press on. I’m with Jaime– when you’re ready, we’ll be here."

Re. the bolded part; The thing is, VF, which was and is DP, did not uphold the values he espoused.

These families were sold a bill of goods.

Will they eventually understand that? Or will they continue with the head in the sand act?

Archived