IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars Everywhere - General Discussion Part 2

happy atheist

That bathroom must be the jurisdiction from Hell, prayed against with all the fervor those kids can muster up. :worship:

:disgust: :ew: :oops:

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes and no. You are too busy to be concerned about the designer, but unless someone is good at hiding it, you can tell quality from bought used. This is all said as someone who works in Republican Party politics inside the Beltway. My ex-husband is a lobbyist and is a brand whore. I fall more on the style-conscious side of things.

Funny, uh, many of the candidates mentioned here were my clients during the last election, and I recommended AGAINST a Duggar visit many times. And contrary to popular opinion, I'm not a right-wing nut or a Tea Party Member. Others in my industry refer to me as a unicorn -- a Republican, non-white, female under 35.

Was Santorum one of your clients?

But not with sperm. Michelle doesn't let him waste a drop.

Reminds me of Monty Python Meaning of Life song

Every sperm is sacred, every sperm is great. If a sperm is wasted God gets quite irate.

J'Chelle did another BS blog about communication. She and Boob have open communication with each of their kids. Yeah, right. The marriage retreat episode was on this week. TLC obviously paid for that. They need training on how to properly raise their kids. They also need to learn how not to have sex.

What they need is one of those cones that you put on animals when they've had stitches to make them stop chewing them, but to put on Jimbob's dick.

What they need is one of those cones that you put on animals when they've had stitches to make them stop chewing them, but to put on Jimbob's dick.

Generally referred to as the "cone of shame" because animals look so completely embarrassed to have one on.

I disagree that they need to stop having sex. However, they do need to learn to use birth control. Now, if they do not use birth control then yes they do need to abstain, but the root problem is lack of BC rather than the sex.

I disagree that they need to stop having sex. However, they do need to learn to use birth control. Now, if they do not use birth control then yes they do need to abstain, but the root problem is lack of BC rather than the sex.

This is slightly OT, but I've always had trouble understanding why some of the anti-abortion crowd are so vehemently against birth control. If they want to prevent abortion shouldn't they be encouraging birth control? Do they really believe they can convince people to abstain? People who are able to prevent unwanted pregnancies don't end up having abortions.

J'Chelle did another BS blog about communication. She and Boob have open communication with each of their kids. Yeah, right. The marriage retreat episode was on this week. TLC obviously paid for that. They need training on how to properly raise their kids. They also need to learn how not to have sex.

How do you call it open communication when you have to schedule it in? From what I have seen t is pretty much mandatory for the children to report on each other and confess all their feelings.

This is slightly OT, but I've always had trouble understanding why some of the anti-abortion crowd are so vehemently against birth control. If they want to prevent abortion shouldn't they be encouraging birth control? Do they really believe they can convince people to abstain? People who are able to prevent unwanted pregnancies don't end up having abortions.

I could be mistaken, but I think they view birth control as a form of abortion. That, and it goes against God and "natural law"

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/birth-control

Yes and no. You are too busy to be concerned about the designer, but unless someone is good at hiding it, you can tell quality from bought used. This is all said as someone who works in Republican Party politics inside the Beltway. My ex-husband is a lobbyist and is a brand whore. I fall more on the style-conscious side of things.

Funny, uh, many of the candidates mentioned here were my clients during the last election, and I recommended AGAINST a Duggar visit many times. And contrary to popular opinion, I'm not a right-wing nut or a Tea Party Member. Others in my industry refer to me as a unicorn -- a Republican, non-white, female under 35.

Kind of off topic, but a man in front of me the check out lane at the grocery store went on and on and on about how the woman in front of him was a welfare queen "dressed to the nines" and using food stamps. Now, I'm no real fashionista, but I set him straight what she was wearing. The pants and blouse she was wearing was from Dollar General, shoes and purse from Family Dollar, her jewelry was very cheap costume jewelry. How do I know? I'm always looking for bargains and remember seeing those things in those stores. Then I said to him Matthew 7:1-3 and Luke 6:37 and just walked away. Asshole!

Seriously, though, it's not that hard to take dollar store or thrift store clothes, accessories and pull off a good look. I have been doing this way before the the Botkin sisters came on the scene with there stupid webinars. Hell most women have been doing this long before the Botkins were born.

I didn't know they sold actual clothing at the Dollar store. Our local chain ( don't recall the exact "dollar" name) has t-shirts once in awhile, and flip flops, but no other shirts, pants, shoes. Lucky you !

It's Dollar General and Family Dollar. They don't have a huge selection, and it's definitely not Haute Couture, but with a little accessorizing, a good everyday look can be pulled off. I was just in my local Dollar General store and found their L.A. Colors12-color eyeshadow palettes on sale for $1 each, so I got all 3. I also love, love, love their L.A. Colors lipsticks. I have one in every shade, and they are only $1 each. I also buy my socks there.

Funny, uh, many of the candidates mentioned here were my clients during the last election, and I recommended AGAINST a Duggar visit many times.

That's interesting. Were the candidates or members of their staff considering a Duggar visit, or were the Duggar's calling in and offering their "support". And what did you say in your recommendation? Was it "Are you kidding? Are you familiar with their politics?" or was it more like "Although a Duggar visit might sound good, polls show that even among Republicans there is a fair amount of dislike for the Duggars, and their public support is generally the kiss of death for a candidate."

That's interesting. Were the candidates or members of their staff considering a Duggar visit, or were the Duggar's calling in and offering their "support". And what did you say in your recommendation? Was it "Are you kidding? Are you familiar with their politics?" or was it more like "Although a Duggar visit might sound good, polls show that even among Republicans there is a fair amount of dislike for the Duggars, and their public support is generally the kiss of death for a candidate."

Then they should kiss as many of the GOP candidates as possible. I will add that I don't like Chris Christie, I would love to see him tell the Duggars off if they tried to campaign for him.

Because there are actually two parts to the anti-abortion platform: the first being that abortion is the murder of "sweet, sweet babies" but the second is if you want an abortion you must have been having sex with the wrong person at the wrong time and that is just wrong. Birth control will help with the first part but it will enable people to have immoral sex. Some misguided souls do believe that the pill causes abortion so the best question to ask the anti-abortion advocate to pinpoint their true agenda is "What is your stance on making condoms easily available and/or free?" Someone only worried about the "murder of babies" should have no problem with condoms, but that is very, very rarely the case. Usually they will argue that making condoms available means the government is paying for sex or that it will just encourage the young to have sex or some other nonsense.

They don't want to stop abortion by allowing people the option of having sex but not getting pregnant. They want sex outside marriage to come with consequences, such as making them get pregnant and keep that baby whether they want to or not. The baby is a punishment for sex.

Do you have any data to back up the assertion that it is very rare that people who are against abortion are also against birth control ? Even if you weed it down to people who would only support condoms? Because I really doubt that.

You have the extremely vocal, hard core anti-birth control fanatics, but I think overall that is an extremely small segment of the population, and even a small segment of anti-abortion people.

If I get a chance later I'll try to find statistics, too much of a pain on the iPad.

I can't say how many people overall really think like this but I do know my fundy relatives do. I had a discussion with a cousin-in-law last week after he posted some antiabortion stuff on Facebook. I raised the issue married + planned pregnancy + illness/other problem which is going to kill the mother. He answered (and this is a real quote) "Any woman should be prepared to die for her child."

They want to stop women from having the right to choose what to do with their own bodies. What if the only way to save the mom, was to kill the baby? Doesn't J'Chelle realize that had Josie been born a week or two earlier, she would've died? Smugger and Boob should shut up about rights. They have no idea what they truly mean. Please, TLC. Cut these people off sooner rather than later.

I can't say how many people overall really think like this but I do know my fundy relatives do. I had a discussion with a cousin-in-law last week after he posted some antiabortion stuff on Facebook. I raised the issue married + planned pregnancy + illness/other problem which is going to kill the mother. He answered (and this is a real quote) "Any woman should be prepared to die for her child."

My response to that is any man who treats his wife as a disposable baby dispenser deserves neither wife nor child

Oh, I know there are people who are that extreme, but I think it's not the norm. I think its a pretty small minority of people who don't believe in legal abortion to save the life of the mother ( if for no other reason than common sense tells you that if the mother dies the baby will too, except in some exceptional cases) . And very few women in heterosexual relationships never use birth control, so being totally against it seems like it would be a small group.

If you go to Gallup.com and do a search for historical views on abortion it's very interesting. They have multiple questions, overall a little over half of Americans believe abortion should be legal in some circumstances, with the rest divided between abortion being legal in all circumstances, and abortion being illegal in all circumstances.

They also break it down by what circumstances, point in pregnancy, etc.

However over 89% of adults believe that birth control is morally acceptable. Only 3% said it depends on the circumstance.

Was Santorum one of your clients?

Absolutely not. Although I had a horse in the 2012 race through one of the Super PACs.

I found FJ because I am fascinated with extreme religions in the US. I've been lurking for awhile. As you can imagine…the ex in front of my husband doesn't make me necessarily popular among the ultra-conservative set, but as a NOVA-er, I'm not expected to be ultra-conservative -- just good at what I do and able to compete with others in the industry (a VERY male-dominated field).

Basically, I'm typically hired by consultants or candidates for office. Most recently, we had several clients who didn't listen to the advice of their staff/consultants and brought them in anyway. My clients had conservative credentials, and it was time to talk about what could make them appeal to moderate/swing voters, but instead the Duggars were brought in.

Oh, and to clarify -- I am actually white in appearance. I have a latino last name. My ex-husband is latino, and since it was my name professionally for several years, it's what I use. Generally speaking, people expect a latino when they meet me. They end up a with a blonde-haired, blue-eyed girl who is Mexican, German, Spanish, and Swedish.

Absolutely not. Although I had a horse in the 2012 race through one of the Super PACs.

I found FJ because I am fascinated with extreme religions in the US. I've been lurking for awhile. As you can imagine…the ex in front of my husband doesn't make me necessarily popular among the ultra-conservative set, but as a NOVA-er, I'm not expected to be ultra-conservative -- just good at what I do and able to compete with others in the industry (a VERY male-dominated field).

Basically, I'm typically hired by consultants or candidates for office. Most recently, we had several clients who didn't listen to the advice of their staff/consultants and brought them in anyway. My clients had conservative credentials, and it was time to talk about what could make them appeal to moderate/swing voters, but instead the Duggars were brought in.

Oh, and to clarify -- I am actually white in appearance. I have a latino last name. My ex-husband is latino, and since it was my name professionally for several years, it's what I use. Generally speaking, people expect a latino when they meet me. They end up a with a blonde-haired, blue-eyed girl who is Mexican, German, Spanish, and Swedish.

Do you find most people in your profession follow their ideology or do they follow the money?

Not that I expect Carville, for example, to advise a Republican even if the money's good, but more like picking Clinton or Warren, depending on fundraising ability/likelihood of winning.

ask him if his child needed a heart transplant would he give his own and forfeit his life?

Archived