IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars Everywhere - General Discussion Part 2

happy atheist

Do you find most people in your profession follow their ideology or do they follow the money?

Not that I expect Carville, for example, to advise a Republican even if the money's good, but more like picking Clinton or Warren, depending on fundraising ability/likelihood of winning.

A combination of both, I think. There are several people for whom I wouldn't work, even if the money was great, but in off years, you work for the candidates who will hire you. You become a little less picky to keep bills paid and money flowing. In Presidentials, contested primaries, and the like, you have a little more flexibility, but again, I don't pitch my services to clients, they contact me. It's a very word of mouth industry.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A combination of both, I think. There are several people for whom I wouldn't work, even if the money was great, but in off years, you work for the candidates who will hire you. You become a little less picky to keep bills paid and money flowing. In Presidentials, contested primaries, and the like, you have a little more flexibility, but again, I don't pitch my services to clients, they contact me. It's a very word of mouth industry.

Thanks for the answer. I don't want to derail the thread, but I find the behind-the-scenes stuff interesting. I'll just hope you get to 75 post soon so you can start an AMA thread, if you're willing.

The girls probably have to be skinny, so Boob can find them a suitor. I'm sure J'Chelle was stick skinny when she met him. She's all into excerising and keeping her slim, baby making physique. You know, the Duggars number one concern is the face, not the whole body. Looking at the body causes impure thoughts. Nike! I'm still scarred by seeing J'Chelle's knees, and the short skirts that the J'Slaves wear.

I can't believe that they're filming another season of this snoozefest. Predictions for the next season. The Bates' kids weddings. Bessa's courtship. (Ben and Jessa). I don't know what else there is to show. J'Chelle trying to parent her kids, Jana and Jill playing midwife and doula. What else do we need to see?

The girls probably have to be skinny, so Boob can find them a suitor. I'm sure J'Chelle was stick skinny when she met him. She's all into excerising and keeping her slim, baby making physique. You know, the Duggars number one concern is the face, not the whole body. Looking at the body causes impure thoughts. Nike! I'm still scarred by seeing J'Chelle's knees, and the short skirts that the J'Slaves wear.

I can't believe that they're filming another season of this snoozefest. Predictions for the next season. The Bates' kids weddings. Bessa's courtship. (Ben and Jessa). I don't know what else there is to show. J'Chelle trying to parent her kids, Jana and Jill playing midwife and doula. What else do we need to see?

More hand wringing about adoption. I bet they'll meet a family that has adopted a bunch of kids and talk about how "neat" it is that the parents answered Jesus's call to open their hearts for those poor, needy kids. Then they'll talk about praying to see if Jesus is leading them that way. There will be several episodes devoted to that question, a la how they kept talking about having a farm before they finally gave the obvious answer "no".

Kind of off topic, but a man in front of me the check out lane at the grocery store went on and on and on about how the woman in front of him was a welfare queen "dressed to the nines" and using food stamps. Now, I'm no real fashionista, but I set him straight what she was wearing. The pants and blouse she was wearing was from Dollar General, shoes and purse from Family Dollar, her jewelry was very cheap costume jewelry. How do I know? I'm always looking for bargains and remember seeing those things in those stores. Then I said to him Matthew 7:1-3 and Luke 6:37 and just walked away. Asshole!

Seriously, though, it's not that hard to take dollar store or thrift store clothes, accessories and pull off a good look. I have been doing this way before the the Botkin sisters came on the scene with there stupid webinars. Hell most women have been doing this long before the Botkins were born.

I think that in your attempt to be supportive, you might have done exactly what you were trying to "save" her from - the expectation that someone on welfare does not deserve to wear nice clothing. Perhaps she bought it full price before she went on welfare, or it was on sale, or it was a gift, or from a consignment shop, or donated - the point is, it doesn't matter. I would have been humiliated and left the store if some stranger, in an attempt to "save me" from accusations of welfare fraud, pointed out publicly that my clothes were from the Dollar Store and insinuated that my jewelry was crap. Thanks, but no thanks.

For the record, I know that welfare fraud still exists, but the Clinton administration worked hard to change the system to encourage recipients to get back to work.

More hand wringing about adoption. I bet they'll meet a family that has adopted a bunch of kids and talk about how "neat" it is that the parents answered Jesus's call to open their hearts for those poor, needy kids. Then they'll talk about praying to see if Jesus is leading them that way. There will be several episodes devoted to that question, a la how they kept talking about having a farm before they finally gave the obvious answer "no".

They'd have to adopt a baby or an older child who already has a 'J' name, wouldn't they?

I know a lot of pro-lifers who believe in BC. Hell, I know fundies in my area that use BC. There are different types of fundies, not just the anti-BC, quiverfull types.

Absolutely not. Although I had a horse in the 2012 race through one of the Super PACs.

I found FJ because I am fascinated with extreme religions in the US. I've been lurking for awhile. As you can imagine…the ex in front of my husband doesn't make me necessarily popular among the ultra-conservative set, but as a NOVA-er, I'm not expected to be ultra-conservative -- just good at what I do and able to compete with others in the industry (a VERY male-dominated field).

Basically, I'm typically hired by consultants or candidates for office. Most recently, we had several clients who didn't listen to the advice of their staff/consultants and brought them in anyway. My clients had conservative credentials, and it was time to talk about what could make them appeal to moderate/swing voters, but instead the Duggars were brought in.

Oh, and to clarify -- I am actually white in appearance. I have a latino last name. My ex-husband is latino, and since it was my name professionally for several years, it's what I use. Generally speaking, people expect a latino when they meet me. They end up a with a blonde-haired, blue-eyed girl who is Mexican, German, Spanish, and Swedish.

Then you are in fact white. Surname via marriage does not confer Latino ethnicity.

I think that in your attempt to be supportive, you might have done exactly what you were trying to "save" her from - the expectation that someone on welfare does not deserve to wear nice clothing. Perhaps she bought it full price before she went on welfare, or it was on sale, or it was a gift, or from a consignment shop, or donated - the point is, it doesn't matter. I would have been humiliated and left the store if some stranger, in an attempt to "save me" from accusations of welfare fraud, pointed out publicly that my clothes were from the Dollar Store and insinuated that my jewelry was crap. Thanks, but no thanks.

For the record, I know that welfare fraud still exists, but the Clinton administration worked hard to change the system to encourage recipients to get back to work.

I waited until she was leaving the parking lot. I would never have said that in her presence. I see your point, and I shouldn't have said anything.:)

This is slightly OT, but I've always had trouble understanding why some of the anti-abortion crowd are so vehemently against birth control. If they want to prevent abortion shouldn't they be encouraging birth control? Do they really believe they can convince people to abstain? People who are able to prevent unwanted pregnancies don't end up having abortions.

Because it's not about babies, it's about controlling women's bodies by chaining them to the reproductive process.

i wasnt sure whether to post a new topic or post here... well i picked here.

i went away so i wouldnt get in more trouble. i plead not guilty, prepared to fight against the charges. when i arrived in court yesterday, they offered me 170 dollar fine and it be taken off my record in a year if I dont get in anymore trouble. i didnt want to do it. my lawyer said Jim Bob has a lot of power in Springdale, and based on that alone, the odds of winning were against me. Then I learned an email was sent to michelle duggar saying free jinger was sending a representitive to ruin the flea market by corrupting the kids with drugs, alcohol, soliciting sex, and wearing defrauding clothing

Although none of that was true, the fact that i posted here saying i was going, and asked for questions also could have been damning.

the odds were against me. so i plead guilty.

i sincerely hope they get knocked off their pedastool, but i wasnt the one to do it. i hate that jim bob can get away with anything, that he has the power that he does. however, if doug phillips can fall, so can jim bob duggar.

anyway, i just thought i would update everyone.

i went away so i wouldnt get in more trouble. i plead not guilty, prepared to fight against the charges. when i arrived in court yesterday, they offered me 170 dollar fine and it be taken off my record in a year if I dont get in anymore trouble. i didnt want to do it. my lawyer said Jim Bob has a lot of power in Springdale, and based on that alone, the odds of winning were against me. Then I learned an email was sent to michelle duggar saying free jinger was sending a representitive to ruin the flea market by corrupting the kids with drugs, alcohol, soliciting sex, and wearing defrauding clothing

Although none of that was true, the fact that i posted here saying i was going, and asked for questions also could have been damning.

i sincerely hope they get knocked off their pedastool, but i wasnt the one to do it. i hate that jim bob can get away with anything, that he has the power that he does. however, if doug phillips can fall, so can jim bob duggar.

Thank you for the update. I wonder if homergirlruby was the one who contacted them. She has contacted other people we snark on.

The detail about JB attending Christian schools as a child always made me wonder about how the Duggars view race. In case you didn't know, there was a big to-do in the 1970s and 80s about private Christian schools for white children that were set up for the sole purpose of dodging integration. Many people (myself included) believe that the controversy over Christian schools is where the religious right really originated, rather than Roe v. Wade, because it wasn't until the mid-1980s that Protestants became really active in the anti-abortion movement (before then, it was just seen as a weird Catholic thing). The landmark court case Bob Jones University v. United States and Goldboro Christian Schools v. United States in 1983 extended integration into private schools, and caused racist fundies to scream about how their right to discriminate was being trampled on.

Springdale was all white in the 1970s and well into the 1980s. The town was dragged kicking and screaming into the integrated era circa 1989 with the arrival of the first Hispanic and Solomon Islanders imported to work in the town's poultry processing plants.

My parents moved to Springdale in 1975. I graduated from Springdale High in 1981. I think the push for church run schools back in those days was to keep your kids away from the not so godly public school kids. ;-)

The good ole boy system is alive and well. Sorry you got screwed by the system. Their fall will come..Radar online is doing its best to fan the flames of connection between the Duggars and Vision forum.

I'm glad to see you back, and I'm glad that you're (relatively) OK. It's beyond me how planning to wear a denim skirt and flip flops gets turned into soliciting sex and wearing defrauding clothes, but, OK, paranoid is paranoid. Anyway, we were worrying about you.

Thank you for the update. I wonder if homergirlruby was the one who contacted them. She has contacted other people we snark on.

Oh yes the scummy person who just wants revenge for being slighted on the internet. Whilst the trip may have been ill-advised I think it is pretty low to resort to accusing somebody of soliciting for sex and peddling drugs to satisfy your own petty ends.

There again why is that in anyway surprising looking at her recent nasty exploits.

Thank you for the update. I'm glad your record will be wiped. Stupid that they lied though.

How do we know the Duggars lied? The Duggars may have actually gotten a letter saying that; I wouldn't put it past any fundies lurking here to send a warning letter to the family.

How do we know the Duggars lied? The Duggars may have actually gotten a letter saying that; I wouldn't put it past any fundies lurking here to send a warning letter to the family.

I should imagine that is exactly what the letter said. Should you wish to read back you may find though that it was not the op's intention to solicit sex or peddle drugs.

They = letter writer and/or prosecutors*

I agree that the Duggars probably weren't lying about the letter.

*who should have researched FJ to see what was actually said, but you know, that takes work.

Well I, for one, am really outraged. How dare they advertise a public event and then have a member of the public arrested for showing up and asking questions. I can understand the prudent thing was to pay the fine and walk away, but I could have never done that.

The claimed that you were there to solicit sex and offer drugs? Where is the proof? You did neither and to claim that you were going to do so was a complete and utter fabrication. I wish you had had a better lawyer because yours sounds like a washout.

So can we now expect to be arrested if we show up at a book signing or political rally and ask the Duggar direct questions? They are so due for a smack down and I hope they get humbled before too long. I used to be disgusted and fascinated by them but now I have begun to hate them.

When the Duggars comeuppance comes, it will be epic. It will be even better if Smuggar inadvertently brings it about.

Well I, for one, am really outraged. How dare they advertise a public event and then have a member of the public arrested for showing up and asking questions. I can understand the prudent thing was to pay the fine and walk away, but I could have never done that.

The claimed that you were there to solicit sex and offer drugs? Where is the proof? You did neither and to claim that you were going to do so was a complete and utter fabrication. I wish you had had a better lawyer because yours sounds like a washout.

So can we now expect to be arrested if we show up at a book signing or political rally and ask the Duggar direct questions? They are so due for a smack down and I hope they get humbled before too long. I used to be disgusted and fascinated by them but now I have begun to hate them.

me too. the only reason i walked away is because i have a baby to think about. if not for her, i would have fought it. they were talking at first about serving jail time, and i would have fought if they hadnt taken that off.

maybe i should take it to tmz or radar online or something lol

the only reason i walked away is because i have a baby to think about. if not for her, i would have fought it. they were talking at first about serving jail time, and i would have fought if they hadnt taken that off.

maybe i should take it to tmz or radar online or something lol

Jail time?

Archived