IGNORED

List of Unmarried Fundies

teachergirl

Daisy Roberts is courting and it sounds serious based on the insta posts. The picture doesn't show the gentleman but based on other photos floating around their instas of a trip to the Sanders, it appears to be a family friend Joel. He seems a bit older than Daisy but has a real job and went to public school.

In the comments on that photo it sounds like it may have been a joke, but who knows...

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Andrew was getting married? Which one is Sam? Addie posted some engagement pics of the new couple. They look very comfortable and happy together. I actually forgot they are fundie. They seem kind of sexy. Did I just say that? :?

I should have said courting. Sam is courting Alyssa Campana. Andrew is getting married on the 26th.

DId anyone else ever follow Mia, the [rare] African American SAHD whose blog portrayed a rather idyllic cottage life in rural Georgia, including Civil War reenacting? /aspiring-homemaker.bogspot.com/

She stopped blogging a couple of years ago, but then announced about 6 months ago that she was going to start blogging again. She never did, but the accumulated comments on her blog are fascinating. Fans found out a lot more about her from social media, and it seems that perhaps she wasn't everything than she portrayed herself to be on her blog. Or, to put it better, she was more than she appeared.

DId anyone else ever follow Mia, the [rare] African American SAHD whose blog portrayed a rather idyllic cottage life in rural Georgia, including Civil War reenacting? /aspiring-homemaker.bogspot.com/

She stopped blogging a couple of years ago, but then announced about 6 months ago that she was going to start blogging again. She never did, but the accumulated comments on her blog are fascinating. Fans found out a lot more about her from social media, and it seems that perhaps she wasn't everything than she portrayed herself to be on her blog. Or, to put it better, she was more than she appeared.

Yes, that was a lovely but strange blog and there was a recent discussion about her new activities: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26655&p=998312&hilit=aspiring#p998312

Brace yourself a Girotti girl is engaged!

NOOOOOO.

*runs over to Girotti blog*

I never EVER thought this would happen, but since it has, the fiance is EXACTLY what I would have expected if I had ever expected one of the girls to get married.

Who are the Girottis and why is it so shocking that one of them is getting married? I can't believe I've been here for years and never heard of them...

Who are the Girottis and why is it so shocking that one of them is getting married? I can't believe I've been here for years and never heard of them...

They don't come up very often. Here's their blog: girottifamily.typepad.com.

They are (former?) Vision Forum types who live in rural-ish Virginia. There are four adult children. The eldest is a doctor who lives in Michigan and seems to have disassociated himself from fundieness. The three younger ones still live at home: a single (as far as we know) daughter, an engaged son, and this newly engaged daughter. It is shocking that any of them are engaged because they are on the older side for single fundies (late 20s), they seem very content to live their quiet, fairly responsibility-free, adult-child lives, and they have never dropped any hints that the courtships or engagements are coming.

This list needs to be updated :)

Courting:

Sam Morton and Alyssa Campana

Engaged:

John Robert Moore and Iris Muscarella

Andrew Morton and Kennedy Decker

Sarah Girotti and Eric H.

Johnathan Girotti and Bethany ?

Newlyweds:

Bria Crawford and Kyle Cosper

Lauren Hope and Benjamin Berkompas

Derrick Waller and Jennifer Wilkes

Joseph Maxwell and Elissa Frost

They don't come up very often. Here's their blog: girottifamily.typepad.com.

They are (former?) Vision Forum types who live in rural-ish Virginia. There are four adult children. The eldest is a doctor who lives in Michigan and seems to have disassociated himself from fundieness. The three younger ones still live at home: a single (as far as we know) daughter, an engaged son, and this newly engaged daughter. It is shocking that any of them are engaged because they are on the older side for single fundies (late 20s), they seem very content to live their quiet, fairly responsibility-free, adult-child lives, and they have never dropped any hints that the courtships or engagements are coming.

I don't know them well, but this family and I have acquaintances in common. I doubt they'd remember me, but I've met them at events with my cousins and they're very warm,friendly people.

Jonathan Girotti is courting Bethany Yuck. We have talked about the Yucks a few times on fj

buildingafamilythatwillstand.blogspot.com/2014/10/betrothal.html?m=1

Jonathan Girotti is courting Bethany Yuck. We have talked about the Yucks a few times on fj

buildingafamilythatwillstand.blogspot.com/2014/10/betrothal.html?m=1

Interesting. I had missed the discussion of the Yucks and had no idea who they were or that they were so far into VF. I knew Jonathan was courting because there are several ladies in circles I grew up in who were a bit jealous. Jonathan is considered a good catch by some in reformed circles.

The Mortons and Campanas may have more in the works than Sam and Alyssa. John Morton (17 in 2 weeks) and Mariah Campana (19 as of June) seem to have something going on as well. They've been cozy on instagram, and have been spending a lot of time together as chaperones for Sam and Alyssa. While I can't quite bring myself to believe that there will be another 3-way marriage between the Mortons and another family, it's possible. There are still a few young Morton lads unspoken for, and at least one more teenaged Campana daughter.

As to the speculation on Hunter Kendall (Lise Morton's brother) and Adeline, I think it's a no-go. He's made some recent comments about continuing his work at a wilderness camp for the foreseeable future. It's definitely possible that he's interested in her and vice-versa, but he seems like he's enjoying an extended adolescence. Before Martha married Tayte, I would have said that Hunter isn't the kind of guy that Papa Morton seems to want for his daughters, but after Tayte, I guess immaturity is acceptable.

The Mortons and Campanas may have more in the works than Sam and Alyssa. John Morton (17 in 2 weeks) and Mariah Campana (19 as of June) seem to have something going on as well. They've been cozy on instagram, and have been spending a lot of time together as chaperones for Sam and Alyssa. While I can't quite bring myself to believe that there will be another 3-way marriage between the Mortons and another family, it's possible. There are still a few young Morton lads unspoken for, and at least one more teenaged Campana daughter.

As to the speculation on Hunter Kendall (Lise Morton's brother) and Adeline, I think it's a no-go. He's made some recent comments about continuing his work at a wilderness camp for the foreseeable future. It's definitely possible that he's interested in her and vice-versa, but he seems like he's enjoying an extended adolescence. Before Martha married Tayte, I would have said that Hunter isn't the kind of guy that Papa Morton seems to want for his daughters, but after Tayte, I guess immaturity is acceptable.

John is only 17 years old. That is a bit young even by Morton standards, isn't it?

Hannah Paine is courting someone named Dan Imondi, according to her brother Nate's blog (and also Dan Imondi's twitter feed):

freeingthecaptives.blogspot.com/2015/09/the-fading-of-summer.html

Here is his twitter: twitter.com/dan_imondi

John is only 17 years old. That is a bit young even by Morton standards, isn't it?

A year long engagement like Martha's wouldn't surprise me. Rachel was 17 when she got engaged and Wes may have been as well.

Tayte was 17 when he started courting Martha. They waited for more than a year to marry, at which point he had just turned 19, I believe. Tayte and Martha's courtship was unusual by previous Morton standards for a lot of reasons. Tayte's age and immaturity, plus the incredibly long engagement period are both unique for the Morton family. Some of the boys have married very young/barely 18 girls, but I think Martha was the first girl married to a younger man.

The age isn't problematic now. If I'm right about John and Mariah, their courtship will probably be recognized within a few months, at which point John will actually be 17. If Papa Morton and Papa Campana see fit to allow them to marry, they may wait a year like Martha and Tayte did so that John will be a legal adult. John will have to provide a home for Mariah, and be able to support her himself before they would be allowed to pursue the relationship. I think that was the biggest hindrance to Tayte and Martha marrying earlier; as best as I can tell, he didn't even have a job when their relationship began.

Wasn't there a fundie guy who got married at 16 to a woman in her early 20s?

You might be thinking of Scott Brown's second oldest daughter, Blair, who was 22 or 23 when she married Taylor Tsantles who was 17 at the time, IIRC.

Morton wedding this weekend. According to instagram, Kennedy will be getting married with her arm in a cast.

Found a pic on Norma Roberts Gilligan's instagram. I don't see a cast

instagram.com/p/8HQHemnniJ/?taken-by=norma_ann_

Kennedy broke her elbow. I'm assuming they put her in a temporary cast so that she could get married without it, but she'll likely be in a permanent cast soon.

The wedding dress looks great on her. She's a beautiful bride. I think they are going to have a very happy marriage. They've spent a lot of time together, and Andrew even visited her in Europe for a couple of weeks. I hope Addie updates the blog with pictures!

• FundieFarmer locked and unpinned this topic

Archived