IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures in Child Neglect: Vive La France

happy atheist

For those late to the story, google Lisa Barrett (the midwife who assisted Hellena). She is from my home town and has been banned from practicing as a midwife due to several preventable baby deaths under her care. She is a dangerous, delusional person to say the least. The coroner was damning of her. It makes for heart breaking reading.

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are you doing at an OT? That's inauthentic interfering! Just wait for her issues to magically resolve themselves. After all, kids learn to walk and talk without tutoring.

Well, I'm not authentic. I admit it. Lol. I'll take the interfering because its working!

And omfg Hellena is crazy. She's damn lucky she didn't lose a baby with all that. And ow. Yeah.

Well, I'm not authentic. I admit it. Lol. I'll take the interfering because its working!

And omfg Hellena is crazy. She's damn lucky she didn't lose a baby with all that. And ow. Yeah.

She's crazy/insanely brave in some ways, but her children have a place to live, food & parents who love each other.

That homebirth is EXACTLY why US doctors are so against all homebirths. They cannot see the difference between my own sane and responsible births, where I had to transfer more than once because sadly I do not birth well, and the cra-cra nonsense of something like that. I can tell Hellena loves her children, far, far more than Lauren ever has or will. But, that women is DAMN lucky both of her twins and she are alive after that birth.

I have to wonder, was it that birth story that Lauren was competing with in her bush free birth of Elijah? Because Lauren went from normal, sane births to lucky she and baby are alive and not ONE person there had a CLUE nor would have known what to do if there was a problem AND it was all covered in mud. She was clearly competing with some image, because her history clearly shows that is what she does. Hellena's birth story of those twins is out there enough it must have been at least a contributing factor to Lauren's last birth insanity. And YET at least Hellena had an irresponsible midwife present and gave birth in a CLEAN ENVIRONMENT. Sadly, that's more than Lauren bothered to secure for Elijah.

That homebirth is EXACTLY why US doctors are so against all homebirths. They cannot see the difference between my own sane and responsible births, where I had to transfer more than once because sadly I do not birth well, and the cra-cra nonsense of something like that.

They're against homebirths because of the subpar education of lay midwives, who can't even realize when a fetus is in distress, even if meconium is pouring out of the mother during birth. "That's just a variation of normal" Even Lisa Barrett was too stupid to know that twins can share a placenta and the problems that can cause. The poor education of lay midwives is why the death rate of babies is so goddamn high in the US with homebirths.

Hi all,

I have been reading Lauren's blog for a while now, but have only recently been reading FJ since the recent comments drama in Sparkling Adventures.

I am in no way a Lauren fan, but I did find her nonsense interesting.

So, a few pages back, I read that you guys were wondering about the Euro trip and how she was able to swing this financially. Forgive me if this was mentioned in another thread, but Lauren did sell her story. She did an interview with Australian Women's Weekly magazine. This is the sort of woman's mag that interviews middle of the road celebrities and includes knitting patterns and recipes. They will also pay for stories about kids getting lost in the bush, or (unfortunately) dads killing their kids.

This is the article where I first heard about it: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/quee ... 6564606031

And an extract from the feature; http://aww.ninemsn.com.au/news/inthemag ... by-tragedy

It really bothered me when I saw this. It was never addressed by Lauren, or any of her regular commenters (that I saw at least). But c'mon, this is nothing but pure, unadulterated selling-out.

If she did get paid (In cash, or, maybe fuel cards or something), then this might help explain her jet-setting.

There is also another article that praises her wonderful un-schooling, but doesn't mention the death at all: http://www.smh.com.au/national/educatio ... 2d59r.html

So yeah, I thought you might want to know.

And that shit about vagina grey terrified me. Now that is something more to look forward to!

They're against homebirths because of the subpar education of lay midwives, who can't even realize when a fetus is in distress, even if meconium is pouring out of the mother during birth. "That's just a variation of normal" Even Lisa Barrett was too stupid to know that twins can share a placenta and the problems that can cause. The poor education of lay midwives is why the death rate of babies is so goddamn high in the US with homebirths.

What are 'lay' midwives? In Aus/Nz midwives are highly qualified. Birthing with something like a doula (birth support) or untrained person would be considered a free birth. Which is in NO WAY comparable to a home birth with a qualified midwife (and usually the agreement to call for an ambulance if the need arises).

Freebirths by choice are irresponsible and should NEVER be compared to homebirth in the 'OMG Homebirths are EBIL' debate.

She's crazy/insanely brave in some ways, but her children have a place to live, food & parents who love each other.

Very true. Kids need some stability and they are providing that.

Hi all,

I have been reading Lauren's blog for a while now, but have only recently been reading FJ since the recent comments drama in Sparkling Adventures.

I am in no way a Lauren fan, but I did find her nonsense interesting.

So, a few pages back, I read that you guys were wondering about the Euro trip and how she was able to swing this financially. Forgive me if this was mentioned in another thread, but Lauren did sell her story. She did an interview with Australian Women's Weekly magazine. This is the sort of woman's mag that interviews middle of the road celebrities and includes knitting patterns and recipes. They will also pay for stories about kids getting lost in the bush, or (unfortunately) dads killing their kids.

It really bothered me when I saw this. It was never addressed by Lauren, or any of her regular commenters (that I saw at least). But c'mon, this is nothing but pure, unadulterated selling-out.

Maybe she thinks selling her story is authentic? Or she is just happy to spew more of her sparkly ness out to the world.

Hi, Bearos, and welcome!

We did discuss that article in a previous thread about Lauren -- in fact, I remember playing around with captioning one of the all-too-self-righteous pictures. :D

I tend to oblivious to what things like that pay, but, Lauren being Lauren, I would imagine that money was long-since gone before this trip. But one never knows.

What are 'lay' midwives? In Aus/Nz midwives are highly qualified. Birthing with something like a doula (birth support) or untrained person would be considered a free birth. Which is in NO WAY comparable to a home birth with a qualified midwife (and usually the agreement to call for an ambulance if the need arises).

Freebirths by choice are irresponsible and should NEVER be compared to homebirth in the 'OMG Homebirths are EBIL' debate.

Lay midwives are birth enthusiasts. The word midwife is only used in connection with them because they bear a strong resemblance to the midwives of the thirteenth century.

In the US there are basically four names to call midwives. You have CNM and CM on one hand, and lay midwife or CPM on the other. The first two are Certified Nurse Midwife, which most states use, and some use Certified Midwife, these are nurses who have an RN degree and go on for more schooling to become midwives. They have actual medical training.

Certified Professional Midwives take some classes, follow a few births (they only have to go to something like 30 births in some states, which is nothing in terms of experience) and know basic first aid. They are banned in some states. The CPM was intended to be stopgap so lay midwives could get to school and get degrees but that's not how it ended up and it's why the baby death rate in the states that have a lot of homebirths is now up to 800% higher than all hospital births, including premies and high risk cases (the low risk homebirth ends up with more dead babies statistically than all hospital births).

Hi, Bearos, and welcome!

We did discuss that article in a previous thread about Lauren -- in fact, I remember playing around with captioning one of the all-too-self-righteous pictures. :D

I tend to oblivious to what things like that pay, but, Lauren being Lauren, I would imagine that money was long-since gone before this trip. But one never knows.

Lauren claims not to have been compensated for the WW and SMH articles. She's simply "sharing her experiences and wisdom".........

In the US there are basically four names to call midwives. You have CNM and CM on one hand, and lay midwife or CPM on the other. The first two are Certified Nurse Midwife, which most states use, and some use Certified Midwife, these are nurses who have an RN degree and go on for more schooling to become midwives. They have actual medical training.

Certified Professional Midwives take some classes, follow a few births (they only have to go to something like 30 births in some states, which is nothing in terms of experience) and know basic first aid. They are banned in some states. The CPM was intended to be stopgap so lay midwives could get to school and get degrees but that's not how it ended up and it's why the baby death rate in the states that have a lot of homebirths is now up to 800% higher than all hospital births, including premies and high risk cases (the low risk homebirth ends up with more dead babies statistically than all hospital births).

Midwife. 4 year university degree and practical supervised and accredited training. End of.

I detest how my profession as a nurse in any discipline is portrayed in different countries. These people work fecking hard to attain their professional qualification.

Here's another sample of Hellena, this time with zero nudie pix. Buckle up. It's long and quite cray cray.

[attachment=3]Animals 1.png[/attachment]

[attachment=2]Animals 2.png[/attachment]

[attachment=1]Animals 3.png[/attachment]

[attachment=0]Animals 4.png[/attachment]

I love Hellatrix. I just dare you do the nude. In fairness though, I kind of admire her free and let it hang out thang. She let's it hang big time. Good girl.

I love Hellatrix. I just dare you do the nude. In fairness though, I kind of admire her free and let it hang out thang. She let's it hang big time. Good girl.

Omg brain bleed. Is that blue how the blog looked? Makes it even harder to read. I had something to comment about but that just fried my brain.

Midwife. 4 year university degree and practical supervised and accredited training. End of.

I detest how my profession as a nurse in any discipline is portrayed in different countries. These people work fecking hard to attain their professional qualification.

With you ... they work bloody hard and for there to be 'lay midwifes' takes away from all the study they did to get their DEGREE! Who would sanction something like that...can't for a minute believe there would be 'lay doctors' allowed to perform surgery.

Whatever Hellenna is, she is Hellenna, and genuinely authentic and likeable in a way Lauren never will be.

I may not agree with many of Hellenna's decisions, but I don't believe that she makes those decisions selfishly like Lauren does. She obviously loves her family and is raising her kids with love and thought - differently to how I would choose to raise mine, certainly, but not just neglecting them like Lauren does hers.

Omg brain bleed. Is that blue how the blog looked? Makes it even harder to read. I had something to comment about but that just fried my brain.

Yes, that is the original color scheme. I'm just taking screen shots.

Any interest in seeing pictures of her knitting/crocheting projects? They're, um, interesting.

Yes, that is the original color scheme. I'm just taking screen shots.

Any interest in seeing pictures of her knitting/crocheting projects? They're, um, interesting.

Sure, bring them on!

Archived