IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures in Child Neglect: Vive La France

happy atheist

None of her girls are old enough to "free range" in a completely unfamiliar environment with only a person or two that they know! I would rant more but my phone is being irritating!

"Free range"? What are her girls, a bunch of chickens? :animals-chicken: :animals-chicken: :animals-chickencatch:

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And again, Lauren is wearing shoes (sensibly) while lighting the fire, but her girls are on the timber barefoot, in the public toilet barefoot, at the fire barefoot... don't get me wrong, I love going barefoot, but there are places where you don't.

and yes, unsubtle attempt to foreshadow the imminent introduction of Marcus proper.

EDIT: where does is say she was next to Alice again? Have I missed it or has she taken it down?

And again, Lauren is wearing shoes (sensibly) while lighting the fire, but her girls are on the timber barefoot, in the public toilet barefoot, at the fire barefoot... don't get me wrong, I love going barefoot, but there are places where you don't.

and yes, unsubtle attempt to foreshadow the imminent introduction of Marcus proper.

EDIT: where does is say she was next to Alice again? Have I missed it or has she taken it down?

Ugh, barefoot around a fire. It's not even so much the risk of a misstep, but the attitude it shows about fire generally. The youngest is three or four. I just can't even begin to lay out the consequences, Lauren, because they are so awful.

I wish she would stop posting sparkly rationalizing bullshit in order to introduce her new squeeze, put some shoes on her kids and read to them or something. No one would blame her for moving on if she was just honest (you know, really authentic) about things.

I wonder if he's mooching off her, new economy style, or if he's just a drifter...

sparklingadventures.com/index.php?id=1860

He's a moocher just like her. Although being a kiwi he probably has to work to some degree to be able to eat (unless the NE is so giving that you are provided for even if you don't get the dole)

Wonder what happened to KT?

I wish she would stop posting sparkly rationalizing bullshit in order to introduce her new squeeze, put some shoes on her kids and read to them or something. No one would blame her for moving on if she was just honest (you know, really authentic) about things.

I know, and then the dramatic pondering over David's parents burnt down house and her and david's relationship pondering....puhlease!

He's a moocher just like her. Although being a kiwi he probably has to work to some degree to be able to eat (unless the NE is so giving that you are provided for even if you don't get the dole)

Her poor girls, I wonder how they feel with him around...

"Free range"? What are her girls, a bunch of chickens? :animals-chicken: :animals-chicken: :animals-chickencatch:

Well free range is at least a step down from INDEPENDANT!

The Alice birthday post is backdated, this is not a new hanging out with Alice.

As to talking about her relationship with David having problems, that's not new either. There has been plenty of references to that when they were together, and recently she posted about how she enjoys being able to make decisions without having to negotiate with someone else. I'm sure from some of what we saw with David conflicting with people they visited, church etc.. that he was a huge pain in the ass to deal with at times. It's hard to negotiate when someone is telling you they have had some vision or god has spoken to them, trump card and all.

I also think what she posts about David has always had the editing that there is court case coming up. Who knows what she would say if that were not the case.

I remember from facebook that early on she was still posting as though he was going to be with them again and she had a friend very firmly tell her that she knew Lauren didn't want to hear it but this was never going to happen, he would never be allowed to be with the children again and she had to accept it. She didn't reply, but she didn't delete that either.

Annasopinion I think Lauren's probably done with the birthing and raising of infants part of her life. She's had 5 and that's a pretty good effort considering she sufferered PPD. I think she's moved on to a different phase.

If lauren has a boyfriend ,well, people do get lonely. I don't think hubby's coming back, so as long as mysterious marcus is a nice person it should be ok I guess. Although depending on his personality I doubt stability will suddenly be the name of the game.

I think that people from NZ can get NE(centerlink) money if they have been here long enough.

I think that people from NZ can get NE(centerlink) money if they have been here long enough.

Possibly...you have to have been here prior to 2001 though ... otherwise you can't free-load (well unless you managed to get citizenship at some stage).

Her recent posts are feeling a little 'geared' to an audience (i.e one who has criticised lack of involvement in her children).

The longer she avoids posting about her O.E adventure the more it seems like it was a fuckfest through Europe.

shoes! the girls are wearing shoes!

I think she might want to show that she *can* take care of them before introducing Marcus. I also get the feeling another wave of depression has come on; it hides itself in the sub-clauses, the asides.

ooh, clever clever! She has linked to a post on facebook about that rainbow building in the Netherlands. Except she has inserted that post to look like she posted it on the 1st of October, between the rock post and the one about the circus festival! No other mentions of her trip, just that she had an 8 hours stopover in Amsterdam and went out to see it. Once again with the edited timeline. Le sigh.

Annasopinion I think Lauren's probably done with the birthing and raising of infants part of her life. She's had 5 and that's a pretty good effort considering she sufferered PPD. I think she's moved on to a different phase.

If lauren has a boyfriend ,well, people do get lonely. I don't think hubby's coming back, so as long as mysterious marcus is a nice person it should be ok I guess. Although depending on his personality I doubt stability will suddenly be the name of the game.

Not to mention that with Elijah she got her first taste of birth without drugs and the sort of sloganistic self-abasing AP which no one actually practices in real life. I think it was a rude shock to her. But, if my baby died I'd want another baby.

I don't mind her slotting posts in. I get stuck because I think things should be chronological, so instead of having baby books, my kids have piles of paper and photos. Just leaving a difficult page until later would have been more sensible.

The girls were quite well kept, with brushed hair, when she was at her sister's house. Slotting posts in has always been her style. She also edits and removes posts to make whatever slant and perception she currently wants to have the blog say. Her blog is more propaganda than archival, always has been.

oh, I know. It's just conspicuous especially since the recent posts all seem to be addressing things that have been criticised.

This

Possibly...you have to have been here prior to 2001 though ... otherwise you can't free-load (well unless you managed to get citizenship at some stage).

Her recent posts are feeling a little 'geared' to an audience (i.e one who has criticised lack of involvement in her children).

The longer she avoids posting about her O.E adventure the more it seems like it was a fuckfest through Europe.

I don't think many people get citizenship if they move between Aus & NZ because you don't really need it, although it would be very easy to get & maybe worth it if you want to be part of the NE.

She's taken the kids to Old Dubbo Jail and says they can relate to it cause they are growing up with an incarcerated father. She also points out that many of the women it housed were jailed for infanticide.

I really don't think visiting a Victorian era jail, complete with flogging apparatus, stocks and manacled, will healthily reconcile the girls to their father's situation in a psychiatric care wing if a modern correctional facility.

She's taken the kids to Old Dubbo Jail and says they can relate to it cause they are growing up with an incarcerated father. She also points out that many of the women it housed were jailed for infanticide.

I really don't think visiting a Victorian era jail, complete with flogging apparatus, stocks and manacled, will healthily reconcile the girls to their father's situation in a psychiatric care wing if a modern correctional facility.

Why, yes, it's totally appropriate to bring your young children to a museum (which is what this is) and let them climb all over the displays and run up and down the corridors, barefoot (and they have some pretty filthy feet). I'm sure the people who run the museum really admired your authenticity!

So she thought exposing her children to scary prison punishments such as stockyards, gallows, and flogging tables while permitting her children to once AGAIN climb into museum displays, climb up walls and play with artifacts that are not supposed to be played with is great parenting. I bet her girls have nightmares for years in fear of what will be done to their father thanks to that little field trip. It feel very much like she did that just to punish David by hurting the girls.

Lauren, Lauren, for fuck's sake!

Maybe I'm too sensitive, but I don't think I'd take kids that age to a place like that, regardless of their background. For her kids, I think it's even worse.

So how did Lauren use this educational experience? Was she careful to preview, screen or explain what they saw? Doesn't seem that way:

For much of the time that we are exploring the site, we are the only visitors, and so the girls are free to run down the hallways and discover new exhibits for themselves.

I want to know if she actually talked abut the the infanticide, or if there was something about it on the plaques or recordings from the mannequins. I'd love to know if she told them it was "neutral."

They saw the flogging table, a painting of how it was used, and:

When reading one sign that described how a nineteen-year-old was hanged, Aisha exclaimed, “But he’s just a kid!â€

All she can think of is how wonderfully she is teaching her children to be compassionate -- no thought at all to whether the place might be frightening for them. I would have had nightmares for months, and I hadn't had the horrors in my family that they have had.

As a caption for a display of manacles and chains, Lauren wrote:

I find it sobering to see these restraints on display. I associate them with slavery, rather than prisoners, and so they hold a negative personal connotation for me.

And the rest of us think of them as jewelry? What is that about? I think they have a "negative connotation" in association with prisoners as well, Lauren -- don't you?

Oh, and the girls are barefoot again, in this place full of rough old things. I hope that old toilet was completely cleaned, since Delany/Lana is hovering over it while licking a sucker. And, although it can't be seen in the picture, I assume she's also barefoot.

:angry-banghead:

Lauren is pissy about the fact that the live show was cancelled. Maybe the staff didn't feel like it would be authentic that day, Lauren.

Lauren, Lauren, for fuck's sake!

Maybe I'm too sensitive, but I don't think I'd take kids that age to a place like that, regardless of their background. For her kids, I think it's even worse.

So how did Lauren use this educational experience? Was she careful to preview, screen or explain what they saw? Doesn't seem that way:

I want to know if she actually talked abut the the infanticide, or if there was something about it on the plaques or recordings from the mannequins. I'd love to know if she told them it was "neutral."

They saw the flogging table, a painting of how it was used, and:

All she can think of is how wonderfully she is teaching her children to be compassionate -- no thought at all to whether the place might be frightening for them. I would have had nightmares for months, and I hadn't had the horrors in my family that they have had.

As a caption for a display of manacles and chains, Lauren wrote:

And the rest of us think of them as jewelry? What is that about? I think they have a "negative connotation" in association with prisoners as well, Lauren -- don't you?

Oh, and the girls are barefoot again, in this place full of rough old things. I hope that old toilet was completely cleaned, since Delany/Lana is hovering over it while licking a sucker. And, although it can't be seen in the picture, I assume she's also barefoot.

:angry-banghead:

Lauren is pissy about the fact that the live show was cancelled. Maybe the staff didn't feel like it would be authentic that day, Lauren.

Or possibly cancelled it when they saw that Lauren was intending to bring a toddler and a preschooler...,,

Museums like that aren't uncommon in Australia - we have such a short post colonial history that much is made of our early settlement, and because we were a convict society many of our earliest substantial buildings were jails, courthouses, barracks and churches. Most Australian kids would visit places like that in primary school. They would visit as part of an extensive history unit exploring our convict past, colonial settlement and early contact with aboriginal communities though, which would put what they saw in context, and I would expect that teachers would be especially sensitive to those students with incarcerated parents.

Archived