IGNORED

The Courtship of Jessa Duggar - Part 2

happy atheist

Not sure if this has been posted already- on Ben Seewald's twitter....

Ben Seewald â€@BenSeewald 16 Sep

"That feeling when you can't wait to talk on the phone with that special someone! ;-) #luvphoneconversations #loveher"

Nawwww

He really does seem like a sweet boy. Too young to get married, though.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to recall Smugs and Anna saying it before they were engaged. I could be wrong, though.

It's just a formality if they're not engaged yet. They're already talking about what a good husband he'll be.

It's too bad Ben and Jessa can't just be boyfriend and girlfriend like normal young adults.

They're not normal young adults. They're speshul snowflakes for Jesus and they're better than us.

I seem to recall Smugs and Anna saying it before they were engaged. I could be wrong, though.

It's just a formality if they're not engaged yet. They're already talking about what a good husband he'll be.

Where did you get this information? Anna was not on the show before the engagement.

They may have said it prior to engagement, but we only saw the engagement and heard the 'I love you.'

I'd say that they're definitely already engaged or else the Duggars wouldn't have announced the relationship. My bet is that Ben asking Jessa to court will be the season finale and a very special episode of the wedding. Then next finale will be the announcing of Jessa's first baby.

I'd say that they're definitely already engaged or else the Duggars wouldn't have announced the relationship. My bet is that Ben asking Jessa to court will be the season finale and a very special episode of the wedding. Then next finale will be the announcing of Jessa's first baby.

You may be right. When Josh was in a relationship, we did not know about it until he wanted to get engaged. So, it is possible the same thing is being applied here.

I don't think they're engaged. I think the info about the courtship was leaked before the Duggars wanted it out there, and they announced it to gain control over the situation.

I feel sorry for Jessa. A public courtship will add a lot of pressure to the relationship. It will look bad for the family if the courtship fails.

I feel sorry for Jessa. A public courtship will add a lot of pressure to the relationship. It will look bad for the family if the courtship fails.

Most people who watch the show probably don't know anything about the courtship yet, so there is a window of opportunity for them to call it off fairly quietly. But if it becomes a TLC topic, Boob will make damn sure the courtship, engagement, and wedding take up an entire season and once that train is on the track there will be no backing out for Jessa and the boy. Which is really scary.

I sense a Say Yes to the Dress cross-over coming and another beautiful dress turned into an ugly piece of shit for the sake of modesty. Michelle's vow renewal dress could have been made modest by adding lace boleros or something similar. I hope Jessa's dress doesn't turn out like her mother's.

I sense a Say Yes to the Dress cross-over coming and another beautiful dress turned into an ugly piece of shit for the sake of modesty. Michelle's vow renewal dress could have been made modest by adding lace boleros or something similar. I hope Jessa's dress doesn't turn out like her mother's.

If this so, I hope they don't bring JimBob and the rest of the family. Only the older girls and their mom.

Most people who watch the show probably don't know anything about the courtship yet, so there is a window of opportunity for them to call it off fairly quietly. But if it becomes a TLC topic, Boob will make damn sure the courtship, engagement, and wedding take up an entire season and once that train is on the track there will be no backing out for Jessa and the boy. Which is really scary.

They knew each other for awhile. So, they are quite taken with one another. Don't forget, Jessa mentioned that she judges, I mean observed the guys over a period of time.

Michelle could have achieved the same effect by wearing a Fruit of the Loom men's t-shirt under the dress she chose.

Why didn't she just ask them to only show her dresses with sleeves and high necks? Don't tell me Kleinfeld's doesn't have any Orthodox brides coming in...

They knew each other for awhile. So, they are quite taken with one another. Don't forget, Jessa mentioned that she judges, I mean observed the guys over a period of time.

I was quite taken with my first boyfriend too.

And thank Christ I didn't marry him.

Michelle could have achieved the same effect by wearing a Fruit of the Loom men's t-shirt under the dress she chose.

Why didn't she just ask them to only show her dresses with sleeves and high necks? Don't tell me Kleinfeld's doesn't have any Orthodox brides coming in...

That's what drove me crazy - they get a lot of Mormon and conservative Jewish fractions - Elizabeth Smart got her dress there.

That's what drove me crazy - they get a lot of Mormon and conservative Jewish fractions - Elizabeth Smart got her dress there.

IMO, it wasn't about Michelle finding a beautiful but modest dress to wear. It was about Michelle looking for a dress that Boob would insist on having alterations added to because (1) he had to remind the world how modest they all are while still being stylish, and that meant deliberately making changes to a dress to show it and (2) his fashion sense (well, Michelle's, too) is stuck in the 80's, not 2009, so no way would the dresses Kleinfeld's had at the time the episode was taped have worked.

They also had the silly story line of it had to be a dress that was in stock because the renewal was going to be in only a couple of weeks. Since both the selection of the dress and the renewal were scheduled by TLC, they created the fake drama.

I don't know what sort of a selection they have, but I do remember an episode of Say Yes to The Dress with a Jewish bride, and her dress had sleeves just below the elbow, and a shallow neckline. It was actually really pretty.

And I'm very confused by the website (I think you need an account to look at bigger pictures), but they do have some dresses with lacy long sleeves. kleinfeldbridal.com/index.cfm?pid=51&clearpreviouscriteria=true

There are a ton of dresses with sleeves now. I guess you can thank Duchess Kate for that. Hopefully Jessa can find something nice without having to sew a t-shirt underneath a regular strapless dress.

Archived