IGNORED

The Courtship of Jessa Duggar - Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ben Seewald Facebook

[attachment=0]386529_530862613610040_237588579_n.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]315760_530859206943714_895958318_n.jpg[/attachment][attachment=2]27995_543720932324208_944817713_n.jpg[/attachment]

These look like the kind of pictures a proud mother posts of her high school senior, not a man about to be married.

Sometimes homeschool groups have their own leagues...saw a true life episode where a christian homeschool football player wanted to go to a public HS for the football program

Also ITA about getting the creepo-famewhore vibe...that and his pretentious attitude just turn me off completely. I remember what I thought I knew at 18...it wasn't much lol :-) Teenagers aren't known for their world knowledge and common sense.

Its probably somewhat of a good thing their parents will be overly involved for the first few years they are married...left to their own devices they would likely go nowhere fast with smugness and lacking life experience.

Tim Tebow was home skoold

Ben's Mom

Guinn Eaton Seewald

facebook.com/guinn.seewald

Ben's Dad

Michael Seewald

facebook.com/michael.seewald.92

Guinn is friends with Doug Phillips, a bunch of Botkins and someone named Sowerbutts (Sour Butt)

post-315-1445199832771_thumb.jpg

Someone has been reading our "Halloween book burning" thread... I'll just gloss over the fact that there are no "manuscripts" behind the ever holy KJV..

[attachment=0]benbible.JPG[/attachment]

Someone has been reading our "Halloween book burning" thread... I'll just gloss over the fact that there are no "manuscripts" behind the ever holy KJV..

They'd have to gather up all the old manuscripts and "change all of them the exact same way." :wtf: Have these people never heard about a new translation? No one said anything about editing the existing "manuscripts." When the Hebrew Scriptures were translated into English, no one gathered-up and destroyed all the Hebrew "manuscripts." I personally have 5 or 6 versions. I better make sure my house is secure; I don't want any "overzealous monks" sneaking in and changing the words!

What the flying fuck is he even talking about? Where are his sources for this shit? Ben Seewald, please don't procreate.

He's 18. He thinks he knows everything. He probably thinks that since he is courting a Duggar people will fall all over themselves to listen to him/follow him on Twitter or Facebook, and in general look to him for 'wisdom' about religion. He's 18.

I am already sick of him and the only time I read about him is on here. Eighteen year olds should not marry.

tumblr_mvh0vidvb01r8mb1io2_1280.jpg

Here's a few more pictures.

Interesting body language - why so many pics with crossed arms by the Duggars?

Interesting body language - why so many pics with crossed arms by the Duggars?

They've been raised to be extremely self-conscious of their breasts?

I dunno... one could guess a lot of things. My first guess would be to say that Jessa is feeling a bit in the spotlight with her new relationship being enacted in front of SO many people, and that Joy is still young enough to be quite uncomfortable with a new large chest. But it could also be that one or two of them at home stands like that a lot and the other kids have just copied them. Or maybe they are a little chilly and didn't pack a light jacket for that picnic.

I dunno... one could guess a lot of things. My first guess would be to say that Jessa is feeling a bit in the spotlight with her new relationship being enacted in front of SO many people, and that Joy is still young enough to be quite uncomfortable with a new large chest. But it could also be that one or two of them at home stands like that a lot and the other kids have just copied them. Or maybe they are a little chilly and didn't pack a light jacket for that picnic.

I'd bet it's the feeling defensive thing. And she doesn't want to make any gestures that could be considered too forward. I mean, we're sitting here analyzing her posture, so it's not an overly paranoid feeling; people really *are* watching her every move.

Not to say that there isn't a homeschool football league in Hot Springs, but the one listed is in Conway which is over an hour away. Depending on traffic it would be over an hour an a half.

I'd bet it's the feeling defensive thing. And she doesn't want to make any gestures that could be considered too forward. I mean, we're sitting here analyzing her posture, so it's not an overly paranoid feeling; people really *are* watching her every move.

Jessa is not even near baby Ben. I think she may be realizing he IS young and not really for her. They are not even looking at each other in these pics! Jessa and Ben you are no Erin and Chad!!!

Actually, "they" have been raised to be conscious of their breasts----all their Mom has done for most of their lives is breast feed the newest baby! The Duggar girls are well aware of how important their breasts are in life!!!

Or if they're cold they might not want nipples showing? I do that sometimes because I don't feel like wearing a padded bra. I don't think we can read too much into it.

I see a lot of negative talk about 18 year olds. I know that some of them are immature, but I have also met a lot of 18 year olds who were mature and realized they don't know everything and didn't try to act like they did. Of course, the latter category were usually the ones who realized that they weren't ready for marriage...

I'm still not feeling it. At least the Bates kids set the precedent for taking back the "pieces of their heart". My hope is this exposes Jessa to a fundy light world and then she runs!!!!

Or if they're cold they might not want nipples showing? I do that sometimes because I don't feel like wearing a padded bra. I don't think we can read too much into it.

I see a lot of negative talk about 18 year olds. I know that some of them are immature, but I have also met a lot of 18 year olds who were mature and realized they don't know everything and didn't try to act like they did. Of course, the latter category were usually the ones who realized that they weren't ready for marriage...

I couldn't see them being not allowed to wear a padded bra if they can't even show their shoulders.

... or Jessa showed up to the picnic in that cute, trim-fitting outfit and some old Auntie or grandmother of Ben's made some comment on her cute little figure. And then she got really self-conscious ...

(remembering the time a boyfriend's grandmother met me and really gave me the once-over before declaring that I had nice teeth. LOL).

I think we have to realize that these girls do not have access to normal fashion magazines and pictures, so they may not know how to properly dress to minimize a bigger chest while still looking fashionable. I worked with someone with an enormous chest but she dressed so nicely that you couldn't tell how big they actually were. Joy seems to have the biggest chest of all the girls and, since they seem to share clothes, they just might not have the right type of clothes or bras.

There are so many nice modest stylish clothes out there. I wish Jim Bob would give the girls some money and let them buy new modern modest clothes. I feel like they are forced to wear clothes that look like they were purchased years and years ago. Where I work, most of the women where clothes that the Duggar girls could wear, that would be considered modest in their world but just dressy casual in the working world. Also, are the girls allowed to wear dresses? I think Jill wore one once but it seems like they only wear skirts. Thrift stores have dresses.

There is something about Ben that makes me think that this is not going to end well. I think Jim Bob may be able to somewhat control him with money in the beginning but it seems like he will enjoy the spotlight and may become harder to control as time goes on. I worry he wants the fame more than the best for Jessa.

Thing is, I don't know that Jessa will run too far. She is extremely close to her sisters, and if she runs, she risks losing that and I don't think she put that on the line.

I couldn't see them being not allowed to wear a padded bra if they can't even show their shoulders.

They're made to believe they cant accentuate their figure because it might make boys lust for them. A properly padded bra would add definition to the breast, thereby causing boys to commit a sin. Plus, you're assuming that they're even allowed to pick quality bras. If their "buy used, save the difference" mantra is still touted around the house as much as possible, it's very possible that the girls are buying secondhand bras. Which means the padding could be very thin if there ever was any.

That said, I dont think it's weird that the girls are crossing their arms. I do that just because it's more comfortable for me to keep my left arm bent, but it looks weird to have one bent arm. Therefore, my arms are crossed in front of my body quite often. It has nothing to do with being insecure, it's just what is comfortable for me.

And as someone else pointed out, it could be a learned posture as well. I know many kids who picked up that posture from those around them, and it's hard to train yourself out of a posture you normally take.

I filmed a wedding last year and in all the candids of me when I'm not filming, I'm standing with my arms crossed. I'm not angryor upset, It's natural and comfortable.

Archived