IGNORED

The Courtship of Jessa Duggar - Part 2

happy atheist

Ben just posted on his FB:

"He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed." ~Proverbs 13:20

ummmmmm........snark away ;)

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ben just posted on his FB:

"He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed." ~Proverbs 13:20

ummmmmm........snark away ;)

Fuck. He's totally going to take a job with smuggles.

No more chicken abortions!

Now treemom... we are going to have to talk about the removal of those lunghorses soon. I realize you've been pregnant with them for eleventy months but its time they come out or they'll hurt you. It wont be a human abortion, so I believe even ben would agree with a lunghorse abortion.

Ramen.

The Bible does tell Christians not to worry and not to be afraid or anxious about anything. In some ways that is an admonition - if you actively choose to be pessimistic instead of optimistic or to always see the worst in every situation, you may be sinning - but I think it's more of an encouragement. It has nothing to do with mental illness. Mental illness is just that, an illness, and if God is real he knows that. I doubt Ben understands the difference between day to day worries and a true anxiety disorder. Sadly he'll be patted on the back and told he's preaching God's word by all the other fundies around him, and he will only become more arrogant and convinced of his own genius. Someone should remind him that humility is one of the most important Christian virtues, and that its opposite, pride, is the worst of all sins.

Signed, a Christian who has suffered from severe depression, anxiety, and panic attacks. :)

In my experience humility is an extremely difficult concept to get across to most 18 year olds. It tends to take a few years before they understand that they don't actually know everything.

Fellowship Reformed Baptist Church gave me The Essential Works of Charles Spurgeon as a graduation gift! It's loaded with selected books, sermons, and other writings! Thank you all so much!

post-3637-14451998327157_thumb.jpg

post-3637-14451998326547_thumb.jpg

Did he go to a (gasp)actual brick and mortor school?

Is it too much to hope he's a semi normal guys posing as Jim Bobs idea of Prince Charming to rescue Jessa?

Sometimes homeschool groups have their own leagues...saw a true life episode where a christian homeschool football player wanted to go to a public HS for the football program

Also ITA about getting the creepo-famewhore vibe...that and his pretentious attitude just turn me off completely. I remember what I thought I knew at 18...it wasn't much lol :-) Teenagers aren't known for their world knowledge and common sense.

Its probably somewhat of a good thing their parents will be overly involved for the first few years they are married...left to their own devices they would likely go nowhere fast with smugness and lacking life experience.

I'm looking at the likes on his personal page. His "likes" include Robert E. Lee, the NRA, Black Pro-Life Movement, and Chalcedon Foundation.

Ben Seewald Facebook [attachment=1]315760_530859206943714_895958318_n.jpg[/attachment]

Immodest pose is immodest. :penguin-no:

Checked out Daddy Seewald's FB and it appears that Benny Boy is a 2nd generation homeschooler. I'm sure that the Seewalds have all the in's for the local area in terms of sports, etc. Although if Ben graduated last spring, what is he doing playing football now, unless he's actually going to a brick and mortar college with a team? Or Hot Springs is so fundie that it can support an adult fundie football league?

Recreational sports have been pretty common in the places I've lived, though they're almost always advertised as "happy hours post-games!!" and are designed as fun ways to meet people. He might be in a casual league like that, either one that doesn't do bar stuff or he skips it. Maybe they have a church league or Christian league near him.

This boy is only 18 years old and with poor education, we can't expect his facebook comments to be mature.

What bothers me is that a teenager (he's a teenager, barely an adult) is going to marry and start having children. Specially when her bride-to-be seems to not like children at all. It's a very sad future for the children.

I see Jessa similar to Kendal, but probably with less money and more stress (at least Kendal's husband was earning enough money to live confortable).

Ben Seewald Facebook

[attachment=0]386529_530862613610040_237588579_n.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]315760_530859206943714_895958318_n.jpg[/attachment][attachment=2]27995_543720932324208_944817713_n.jpg[/attachment]

He looks very young on this pictures. He certainly does not look like an adult.

This boy is only 18 years old and with poor education, we can't expect his facebook comments to be mature.

What bothers me is that a teenager (he's a teenager, barely an adult) is going to marry and start having children. Specially when her bride-to-be seems to not like children at all. It's a very sad future for the children.

I see Jessa similar to Kendal, but probably with less money and more stress (at least Kendal's husband was earning enough money to live confortable).

I would not put it past JB to help any future sons in law out financially. He's a master control freak.

If as google search suggests he owns a windshield repair business, he has the potential to eventually earn quite a bit. Not a glamour job, but, if managed well, a reliable income.

That said, their education gives me pause.

Not only does Jessa have on real shoes, I can see the curve of her behind in that skirt. Nike!

Archived