IGNORED

Jessa is Courting! All Things Duggar Family - Part 7

happy atheist

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About him changing his profile pic to the one with Jessa . . . when I got my picture with Jemaine of Flight of the Conchords, that was my profile pic for several years. I didn't change it until I got married and replaced it with my wedding portrait.

If it's option 2, hopefully the young woman doesn't have facebook access as I can imagine a Jessa Duggar fanboy obsession might shut down that relationship real fast.

If it's a prank, it's pretty elaborate one and not becoming of a good Christian lad. Toss in the Joss Duggar acknowledgement and I've gotta go with Number 3 also.

I don't know. They do need to do something for the show to keep going AND to make it seem like this lifestyle works as is planned. That said, it seems odd to go for a younger guy, just starting his college career. He would be easier to control, but other than that, it just seems so inconsistent with what JB would look for in a suitor for one of the J'slaves. It has me interested, which regardless of why, is probably it's intent.

It seems that the simplest explanation would be that there is a courtship there. I'll certainly be following this, but for now I pick option 3 as well.

How do the Duggars feel about saying "love" in a courtship? I need to re-watch episodes about courtship. I wonder if they're engaged or courting.

I'm still suprised we haven't heard news of a Today Show appearance. They were everywhere before the start of the last season.

I fully expect a segment on Tuesday morning.

There may be a courtship, it appears likely there's a friendship. We know we'll be seeing Chad and Erin this season, which would set off more chatter about the Bates children's relationships while the Duggars have none...except now (conveniently, right before the season starts) it appears that Jessa is in a relationship. The speculation alone should boost ratings. I certainly believe that if this was a secret that the Duggars wanted kept then it wouldn't be known, so I'll say either they're courting and publicity is OK or they're friends but speculation that they're courting is OK or even desired. Later in the season - or whenever - we may find out that Jessa is a girl who's a friend, or that they're really courting or engaged, or perhaps we'll just hear nothing more about it.

He seems quite sweet with all the posts on Twitter about the girl he likes...maybe this isnt going to be so bad. If he loves her, its like with Chad and Erin and he might be willing to treat her like she is a person when theyre married as he actually cares for her feelings.

JB might be able to control Ben since he is so young. But eventually Ben will get will get older and think to himself. Im the headship not JB. If it is a courtship. Prolly for the show to continue and stea thunder from the Bates. JB is too competitive to let Gil have one up on him.

His latest tweet seems to confirm option #3.

It also seems convenient that the photo shows up a few days before the new season begins. The description for tomorrow nights episodes says something about conversation turning to courtship. When this was filmed, Erin was in a courtship and maybe Jessa announces her courtship at the mom/daughter camping trip. If so, the "leak" of the picture makes sense. The camping trip was filmed earlier in the summer, right? Anyone have the episode where Jinger and Jessa work at the coffee shop for the charity? I wonder if Ben was one of the young men shown that came in.

It really bothers me that this "leaking" of a courtship just HAPPENS to coincide with the season premiere of the show. It feels so contrived-- I feel bad that a random 18-year old guy has been sucked into the vortex of 3rd tier reality television.

As for the comment that Jessa has a classic "Southern woman" look about her--yes, she does--but I'd qualify it as a Southern WHITE woman look. We Southerners aren't all white, you know?! ; )

Cool ;)

I guess Jessa's going to be a pretty bride. (Are we there yet or we don't know how serious they are?) Her MIL-to-be is really good looking. She has look that I call Southern look - no snark here - on her, light hair, fine facial structure. Lot of Southern woman share certain features.

I agree (and further agree that more specifically, it is a *white* Southern woman look).

Why is it that so many white Southern women have that classic Anglo sort of look?

I have a random question!!11!!!

What is Ben's FB cover photo? Is it a picture from WOW or something similar?

It's from Lord of the Rings, right after this

EXGUNvIFTQw

LOL! Thanks Clicker dies!

I wonder how JimBob feels about his taste in movies? I wonder if he has read Harry Potter?

From his facebook, he seems to have pretty vanilla/par for the course tastes in things. Aragorn really seems to be the only non-christian/non-sport page he's liked (just aragorn, not lotr). But how great would it be to watch a duggar & spouse join the secular world?

I think some fundies are okay with LOTR because of the Christian overtones and battle of good vs. evil. But it's still a fantasy, contains kissing before marriage!!!! and its author was very, very Catholic.

I agree (and further agree that more specifically, it is a *white* Southern woman look).

Why is it that so many white Southern women have that classic Anglo sort of look?

Because most white Southerners (not all, I'm talking about the ones whose families have been in the South for centuries, so not trying to generalise here!) come from 'Anglo' or other northern European 'stock.' English, Welsh, Scottish, German, Swiss, etc. I just described my father's Virginia/North Carolina/Tennessee family to a T. :lol:

I predict that this season will be incredibly boring, probably culminating in Erin's wedding and then, ta-da! Jessa is engaged! Then that will give them another season.

Another season I'd say if this relationship does work out it probably give then another 3 or 4 seasons. Wether the Duggars planned it that way or not who knows but if you think about it you could have a season of courting, then engaged, wedding planning, Jessa adjusting to marriage, pregnancy and first baby. Even if it's not full seasons they could at the least get many specials out of this. Hell I know I'd watch.

Lord of the rings?

41585-Witchcraft-gif-niLa.gif

This made my day.

I was wondering the same thing tho after looking at his FB and noticing the LOTR cover photo and he "likes" Aragorn. Pretty sure no Duggar kid would ever be allowed to watch such secular "worldy" movies. Lets hope Ben introduces Jessa to the epicness that is LOTR!

Oh, and stay tuned for the return of my recaps coming this Tuesday! I'll watch it so you dont have to!

YES!!! As I am still boycotting. I am looking forward to it. Your recaps are BETTER, MUCH MUCH BETTER than actually watching the show!!!

Archived