IGNORED

Jessa is Courting! All Things Duggar Family - Part 7

happy atheist

This made my day.

I was wondering the same thing tho after looking at his FB and noticing the LOTR cover photo and he "likes" Aragorn. Pretty sure no Duggar kid would ever be allowed to watch such secular "worldy" movies. Lets hope Ben introduces Jessa to the epicness that is LOTR!

Are the Duggars allowed to watch secular movies? While courting, Josh and Anna went to see an "R" rated movie. Jana and JD were the chaperones. Does anyone know what movie they saw? I figured all Christian movies are made for all ages or at least "PG 13".

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are some Christian-esque themes in LOTRs, but I would have thought that the Gothard and Vision Forum brand of fundie wouldn't appreciate those themes. They'd say the fantastical elements are too Satanic.

Ben's latest tweet:

That feeling when you can't wait to talk on the phone with that special someone! ;-) #luvphoneconversations #loveher

So basically we're looking at three options:

1. This is the lamest, weirdest joke ever and he's in on it and keeping it going

2. He's in a relationship with someone and it's not Jessa

3. He's in a relationship with someone and it IS Jessa

Option 1 seems pretty far-fetched to me. Option 2 - can't imagine he'd be dating one girl and posting a profile pic on Facebook of him hugging another. I'm thinking it's option 3, people.

Although saying 'love her' seems pretty bold if they just began a courtship. Taking a page out of Chad and Erin's book, or has this been going on longer than we think? Or is this something else entirely?!

I don't know. Have fun speculating. I'm going to bed. :)

Please post the link.

I'm pretty sure the link has been posted a few times already in this thread, but here it is again: twitter.com/BenSeewald

Ben's latest tweet:

That feeling when you can't wait to talk on the phone with that special someone! ;-) #luvphoneconversations #loveher

So basically we're looking at three options:

1. This is the lamest, weirdest joke ever and he's in on it and keeping it going

2. He's in a relationship with someone and it's not Jessa

3. He's in a relationship with someone and it IS Jessa

Option 1 seems pretty far-fetched to me. Option 2 - can't imagine he'd be dating one girl and posting a profile pic on Facebook of him hugging another. I'm thinking it's option 3, people.

Although saying 'love her' seems pretty bold if they just began a courtship. Taking a page out of Chad and Erin's book, or has this been going on longer than we think? Or is this something else entirely?!

I don't know. Have fun speculating. I'm going to bed. :)

Never mind.

twitter.com/BenSeewald

Are the Duggars allowed to watch secular movies? While courting, Josh and Anna went to see an "R" rated movie. Jana and JD were the chaperones. Does anyone know what movie they saw? I figured all Christian movies are made for all ages or at least "PG 13".

They went to see Courageous. It was rated "R" because it really hadn't been reviewed for content at the time.

To me, Jessa doesn't exactly looked thrilled. He is so young and from the other video someone posted seems just like the Duggars. I wonder if he was picked to keep her in line.

They went to see Courageous. It was rated "R" because it really hadn't been reviewed for content at the time.

I wondered what they'd gone to see. I found it odd that they had to have an over 18 chaperone.

To me, Jessa doesn't exactly looked thrilled. He is so young and from the other video someone posted seems just like the Duggars. I wonder if he was picked to keep her in line.

I read his tweets. He seems normal. A college student, into working out, football, homework...he could be going places.

I read the article and had a hard time keeping myself from laughing. They're recommending sermons to one another?

It's possible to stay orally pure. . I assume she means by avoiding kissing, which is a weird way to put it!

But at least they're allowed to side hug. For 30 seconds.

What happened to waiting until an engagement to announce a relationship to spare the public humiliation should the relationship not work out?

Oh yeah, they're famewhores whose relevance and ratings are declining.

Parents of the fucking year.

I don't know whether or not this is a good situation for Jessa, but I sincerely hope that she finds a way to leave the dog and pony show and live a quiet, happy life.

I read the article and had a hard time keeping myself from laughing. They're recommending sermons to one another?

It's possible to stay orally pure. . I assume she means by avoiding kissing, which is a weird way to put it!

I'm cracking up about the 'orally pure'. Okay, no blowjobs. Got it .

Did you write this post on People?

goo • a minute ago −

You know what, I was prepared to laugh at this entire article but I've got to say I've seen SO many people get into relationships that aren't right that I think they might actually be onto something. So many people get physical waaay too early and that causes emotions that can and VERY often are mistaken for love. You can love anyone but do you like them? Interesting... I did laugh at the part where they are "recommending sermons" to each other. Haha

She and Ben are open to encourage others who may be considering relationships that you can stay orally pure and wait for the one God has for you and then on your wedding day, begin the physical aspects of your relationship."

This literally had me laughing like a hyena for several minutes. But then my mind is in the gutter as usual.

Seriously though, why can't they just speak like normal people? I'm assuming what she means is that they won't kiss until their wedding day, so why can't she just say that? Orally pure sounds more like they will take part of a strict dental hygiene regimen with marathon tooth brushing sessions and mandatory flossing after every meal rather than just abstain from kissing. Though why a bit of a snog with your future spouse would make your mouth "unpure" is beyond me. These fundies appear to have an almost pathological view of anything even remotely sexual. :?

I'm cracking up about the 'orally pure'. Okay, no blowjobs. Got it .

Someone on the article commented that they thick it might be a typo for morally pure. We can only hope....

Well Golly Gee, perfectly timed to coincide with Season Primere!

What part of the Bible condones this? Even God kept the birth announcement of his son limited to a couple of shepherds and a few wise-men.

I surprised Ben is the first potential suitor to meet Jim Bob's requirements :think:

I don't get it, either. Do.not.understand.

He is 18, with insufficient education to support a family (from what we can tell).

He is 18.

EIGHTEEN.

943246_620997187929915_428153197_n.jpg

I don't get it, either. Do.not.understand.

He is 18, with insufficient education to support a family (from what we can tell).

He is 18.

EIGHTEEN.

943246_620997187929915_428153197_n.jpg

Exactly! The Duggars have so many fundie friends(Bates, Paines etc) that I find it hard to believe this is the best they could do.

I find it sad that he's admitted to turning down potential suitors. Poor Jana, Jill and Jinger.

Archived