IGNORED

Maxwell Book Launch 10am cst!!1!!!

johnhugh

I thought "casting lots" referred to what occurred after the crucifixion when the soldiers drew lots to see who'd get Jesus' clothes. I've never heard it used, Biblically, in a positive sense.

Casting lots is also used in the Bible to discern God's will. For example, after the death of Judas, the remaining 11 disciples cast lots to decide who is going to be his replacement.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sigh. Only the Maxwells could make such a big, awkward, merit-based, self congratulatory exercise out of a simple drawing.

Of course, only the Maxwells would put in print that it was cuz ain't none of us can talk good enough that they wrote the damn book to start with.

Y'all know what I mean?

I'm taking a gamble by posting this but ... guess what was in my inbox?

Hello, xxx

Thank you ....

May Jesus Christ richly bless you!

The Maxwell Family

With the debate over whether Steve reads here or not, I am taking a risk he will see this and not send me my promised books. Of course, he would also have to connect the name Miggy with the name I used on my entry.

Miggy, does that mean what I think it means? If so, the books are reportedly already shipped.

With the debate over whether Steve reads here or not, I am taking a risk he will see this and not send me my promised books. Of course, he would also have to connect the name Miggy with the name I used on my entry.

:happy-cheerleaderkid:

I am so jealous! I hope THE LORD will lead you to review this book to help enlighten the less fortunate.

edited to add: I'm slogging my way through Homeschooling with a meek and quiet spirit. I recommend it if you are ever in need of sedation for major surgery--it'll put you right out. I can't imagine that the Conversations book is much more scintillating (a word not in the Maxwell vocabulary, apparently).

That is exactly how I am feeling!

I'm still slightly anxious about you posting it on here before you've received the book - can't help thinking that the post about the books being in the mail might be a lie, made to see whether a FJer was one of the winners! Anyway, please, please write up a review of it if you do indeed receive something.

I am so jealous! I hope THE LORD will lead you to review this book to help enlighten the less fortunate.

edited to add: I'm slogging my way through Homeschooling with a meek and quiet spirit. I recommend it if you are ever in need of sedation for major surgery--it'll put you right out. I can't imagine that the Conversations book is much more scintillating (a word not in the Maxwell vocabulary, apparently).

Thank you for taking one for the FJ team-- both in entering this wicked game of chance, and now in reading this enlightening tome on Godly conversation. I look forward to gleaning all the knowledge you care to share! Congratulations! :clap:

The books are shipped, right? If so, I want to know which of the suck-up posts was Miggy's! Were Bible verses included for extra speshul snowflake credit? :lol:

I'm dying to know, too! Truth be told, I was in the race for a book, too, but alas I failed to include a Bible verse so I suppose I was disqualified right from the start.

I look forward to hearing any more news from Miggy!

Gooooooo! Migggggyeeee!!!

Of course, Steve has your address now. You might want to move lest Steve and clan show up on their next conference trip, looking for some free, sweet fellowship.

Not going to say which one of the four as not going to risk Steve connecting real me with FJ Miggy. (I wrote as if I was my fundy SiL.)

I promise to do a chapter by chapter review when the books arrive.

I'm taking a gamble by posting this but ... guess what was in my inbox?

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

For some reason I have a feeling the first rule in being a good conversationalist is beginning each conversation with a good opening line, such as "Do you know where you will go when you die?"

I'm irrationally happy to know that a Maxwell book is on the way to a FJer.

Me too! I'm sitting here giggling maniacally while my husband is giving me the side eye. This is just too rich! I almost can't stand it.

All hail Miggy!

Meanwhile, there's a new post up on the blog. Sarah said, "Thank you again for all your comments on the Making Great Conversationalists Giveaway. They were wonderful!"

It's got to be killing Steve (if you buy that he reads here, which I mostly do) that they couldn't successfully I.D. the wolf in sheep's clothing kind of comments.

The listing of what they all do during the long bus rides does not, I'm afraid, put paid to the heretical idea that their lives are uber-boring. I particularly guffawed at Teri's job of navigating and this Sarah comment: "We have found it is far easier to make the correct turn, then try and find somewhere we can turnaround."

So there's the SODRT failure to separating the verb and noun at the end there. But I was also surprised that Sarah did not take the opportunity to make that into a Stevehovah life lesson, i.e. it's better to be right all the time from the get go rather than learn from one's mistakes.

The missed opportunity there is something to think about, eh, Steve?

All hail Miggy!

Meanwhile, there's a new post up on the blog. Sarah said, "Thank you again for all your comments on the Making Great Conversationalists Giveaway. They were wonderful!"

It's got to be killing Steve (if you buy that he reads here, which I mostly do) that they couldn't successfully I.D. the wolf in sheep's clothing kind of comments.

The listing of what they all do during the long bus rides does not, I'm afraid, put paid to the heretical idea that their lives are uber-boring. I particularly guffawed at Teri's job of navigating and this Sarah comment: "We have found it is far easier to make the correct turn, then try and find somewhere we can turnaround."

So there's the SODRT failure to separating the verb and noun at the end there. But I was also surprised that Sarah did not take the opportunity to make that into a Stevehovah life lesson, i.e. it's better to be right all the time from the get go rather than learn from one's mistakes.

The missed opportunity there is something to think about, eh, Steve?

No shit?????????? You mean, it is easier to make the turn you need when your get to the road rather than drive by it, turn around at the next road and take the turn from the other direction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Sarah!! I've been doing it wrong all these years!

If you gave that blog post to someone who knows nothing about the Maxwells, and asked how old they thought the author was, they would probably guess 10, not 31.

Also, you have to love that she didn't say she described Uriah's crisis to her older brothers, or her brothers back in KS, no she has to refer to them as her married brothers. Poor Sarah. Spinsterhood is eating at her.

Archived