IGNORED

Maxwell Book Launch 10am cst!!1!!!

johnhugh

What I want to know is how many FJers are responsible for the 51 comments on the entry at the moment.

Fifty-freaking-one.

90% of those better be parody comments from y'all.

Also, when did Sarah start using "y'all" in her posts? Is this another attempt to seem more friendly and humanoid, Stevus?

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What I want to know is how many FJers are responsible for the 51 comments on the entry at the moment.

Fifty-freaking-one.

90% of those better be parody comments from y'all.

Also, when did Sarah start using "y'all" in her posts? Is this another attempt to seem more friendly and humanoid, Stevus?

They have a lot of blog followers. I'm sure most people don't bother to comment, but heck, when hell freezes over (and it just has) and the Maxwells are hosting a giveaway, people speak up! It's not every day (or ever, really) you can get a Maxwell book for free!

As for Sarah's use of "y'all", I've never seen that before either. Must be part of their new attempt to prove how approachable they are (they are, afterall, master converationalists!). Is using "y'all" common in their part of the country?

Okay, guys, who posted this? :lol:

me

:cracking-up: I love this song. If/when it gets deleted, we'll know he's either listening to the ebil radio, or reading hear.

80 comments! I'm not sure if I should be horrified, or if I should be laughing hysterically at some of the comments (especially the one with exclamation! points! at! the! end! of! every! sentence!).

Seems the Maxwells have a lot of Michelles and Sarahs who would love to improve their conversation. In fact, the list skews really, really feminine. I hope all their headships approved their helpmeet's participation in gambling.

I gotta say, FJ, we've become quite fluent in Maxwell-ese. I can't even tell the fake entries from the genuine ones.

:text-yeahthat:

Very well said.

Life can be easy-peasy, or it can present a series of curveballs. Part of good parenting is preparing children to expect, and deal well and gracefully, with the unexpected.

This observation about them being unprepared for the unexpected is excellent, and it got me thinking about these morning Bible times and how Steve likely uses them to get everyone focused to carry out his goals for the day. The Bible verses, the prayers, etc. By the time the conference attendees roll in, the kidults are on the "open hearts to our message" station, so they are just focused on making fundies more fundie, not so much introducing the concept of Christ. Wow...whenever I think these people can't get any scarier, they do.

I read through the entries, and I think I can ferret out the legitimate entries, based on the SODRT grammar and spellings. Looks like someone is TP'ing as well..........

I read through the entries, and I think I can ferret out the legitimate entries, based on the SODRT grammar and spellings. Looks like someone is TP'ing as well..........

What's TP'ing?

TP'ing = Toilet papering? How do you mean?

I haven't read all the comments yet, I have that pleasure to come. I know that this was discussed earlier in the thread, but I'm still stuck on the narcissistic hubris of this:

This book was conceived after many discussions our family had in the past ten years about the difficulty of having meaningful conversations with others. We realized this was because of a lack of conversation skills on the part of others.

:cracking-up:

And at the end of the Preface, this gem!

We are very grateful to the Lord for the proof in our children’s lives that what you read in these pages is important and valid. Plain and simply—it works!

Oh, come on, Steve and Teri! Please! You are touting this book on conversational skills to help children to get and retain jobs, get married, and sell the Lord.

Pointing at your own perfect brood as shining examples is not that impressive. All of your children work for the family firm in some capacity. Did you interview them for the positions? Would you fire them for bad performance? Probably not because you'd then lose control over them. Only two of your adult children are married, look at poor Sarah. And two courtships have bitten the dust in spite of your children's supposedly dynamic conversational skills!

:mouse-shock:

I am firmly convinced after reading the comments that a Sarah will win and it will actually be Maxwell but they would never say that. They just want to drum up interest.

Does anybody else feel just a little bit sorry for Sarah? Her book has taken the back seat to Terrified and Stevies. She should have waited a few weeks to release hers. Or, maybe they should have given away 1 copy of each book.

post-3957-14451998130488_thumb.jpgToilet Papering a fun prank - late night visits to someone's home, and draping toilet paper over trees and bushes... You hold one end of the paper and then throw the roll over branches so it leaves long streamers. Done to make an enemy mad, or decorating homes of high school team rivals during homecoming week. The more the merrier. Makes an even bigger mess if it rains before someone can pull it all down. Stores in my state stop selling the big packs of 24 rolls to anyone under the age of 30 during football season or homecoming weekends. I noticed an unusual name on a post, reminded me of toilet paper, wondered if it was a real name.

Sarah's book was actually getting more attention than the conversations book before the announcement of this contest. As I said earlier, the contest is probably because few were pre-ordering it.

[attachment=0]toiletpaper trees.jpg[/attachment]Toilet Papering a fun prank - late night visits to someone's home, and draping toilet paper over trees and bushes... You hold one end of the paper and then throw the roll over branches so it leaves long streamers. Done to make an enemy mad, or decorating homes of high school team rivals during homecoming week. The more the merrier. Makes an even bigger mess if it rains before someone can pull it all down. Stores in my state stop selling the big packs of 24 rolls to anyone under the age of 30 during football season or homecoming weekends. I noticed an unusual name on a post, reminded me of toilet paper, wondered if it was a real name.

Ah, yes. I can TP like the best of 'em! (I thought maybe TP'ing was not what I thought it was). And stores in my town, too, stop selling the big bundles of TP during Homecoming/Football season.

[attachment=0]toiletpaper trees.jpg[/attachment]Toilet Papering a fun prank - late night visits to someone's home, and draping toilet paper over trees and bushes... You hold one end of the paper and then throw the roll over branches so it leaves long streamers. Done to make an enemy mad, or decorating homes of high school team rivals during homecoming week. The more the merrier. Makes an even bigger mess if it rains before someone can pull it all down. Stores in my state stop selling the big packs of 24 rolls to anyone under the age of 30 during football season or homecoming weekends. I noticed an unusual name on a post, reminded me of toilet paper, wondered if it was a real name.

Of course I had to go read the comments to see to whom you were referring. I spotted the tp name.

There are currently 115 comments (and these are just the ones that weren't deleted right away)! I didn't think there were 115 people in the U.S. who read the Maxwell blog.

My personal favourite is by Meg and Kate. It's a masterpiece of SOTDRT creativity.

I am actually surprised mine got through. The comment was bland enough but the screen name I chose should have been a giveaway. They only published the first names and it sort of surprises me Steve didn't catch on. Guess I won't give it away so I can keep commenting!

There are currently 115 comments (and these are just the ones that weren't deleted right away)! I didn't think there were 115 people in the U.S. who read the Maxwell blog.

My personal favourite is by Meg and Kate. It's a masterpiece of SOTDRT creativity.

Can you copy it here? Scrolling through 115 comments looking for Meg and Kate is exhausting. Still haven't found it.

Can you copy it here? Scrolling through 115 comments looking for Meg and Kate is exhausting. Still haven't found it.

I'm not Mary, but

C hrist honouring

O ther people focused

N icely engaging

V aluing other’s opinions

E ncouraging words

R elationship building

S killfully including everyone

A wareness of feelings

T houghtful topics

I nteractive questions

O pportunity taking

N o gossip

We are excited to learn more about your book!

http://www.titus2.com/blog/index.php/2013/07/27/making-great-conversationalists-a-book-giveaway/comment-page-2/#comments

Archived