IGNORED

The Truth About Ruth - Part 4

happy atheist

Well, and why should somebody not be allowed to voice an harsh opinion?

If you disagree with the opinion, make an argument to discredit the opinion, not the person. That's just childish.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a snark board. If we cannot voice strong opinions on the topics then what are we left with? why be here? This isn't a bunnies and daisies forum.

ETA: riffles

OH great. Another thread where oil posts her opinion and somebody swoops in and judges her or puts their own spin on it.

I'm beginning to think we should turn oil into a protected minority. The amount of prejudice and dare I say at times what I perceive as thinly veiled racism by a few is getting very boring but also makes me feel a little sick.

There I said it :P

I too think that maybe the letter was written by the mother, or someone in the family. Obviously we don't know for sure. But I fail to see how she would get a house of it, or money.

okay, I'm in a minority on this one. Sorry I misjudged the feeling of the thread. I felt that the reference to another event was gratuitous (ymmv). The statement "I believe this mom is lying" is both direct and unambiguous, and in my opinion rather harsher than other posters were.

That may well be to do with not being a native speaker, but some words are accusations and if you know them at all you should know that too.

You know what, I can be harsh as I want ok. It nothing to do with my English language. If I want to use accusation then I will. I will say it plain "I think this mom is lying". Im not sorry of it to offend you or piss you or what ever you want to bash me. If you were next to me I tell you to shut the fuck up and dont try to take away my honest thoughts opinions. Who do you think you are?

OH great. Another thread where oil posts her opinion and somebody swoops in and judges her or puts their own spin on it.

I'm beginning to think we should turn oil into a protected minority. The amount of prejudice and dare I say at times what I perceive as thinly veiled racism by a few is getting very boring but also makes me feel a little sick.

There I said it :P

Dont protect me, but thank you. If any one bash me for idiot reason that I dont deserve, no more polite from me but a fuck off and go bother your mother.

If you want to fuck with me go to the Ask Me thread and do it there and dont make this thread lose the topic.

I too think that maybe the letter was written by the mother, or someone in the family. Obviously we don't know for sure. But I fail to see how she would get a house of it, or money.

I was thinking the plan was for sympathy so may be some kind person would help her move to a new area in a new home away from the people she say dont want her child there. Of course I dont know for sure. Only I heard about these things be fore. What ever it is, I feel sad for the child.

Eh, I don't think it'll happen. There are nice people out there but they don't even know who sent the letter and I know I can't be the only one who thinks the letter was written up by a family member.

Dont protect me, but thank you. If any one bash me for idiot reason that I dont deserve, no more polite from me but a fuck off and go bother your mother.

If you want to fuck with me go to the Ask Me thread and do it there and dont make this thread lose the topic.

I have a strong feeling you can very well take care of yourself and although it may come across as me constantly 'sticking up' for you oil, I actually am just quite horrified at the attitude some here have to different cultures. There is no attempt at understanding. Ignorant.

I'm curious as to why people think its someone in the family, or teenagers, or a guy in a basement, or anyone other than who stated they wrote it. An irate and clearly unstable and rotten neighbor ? In my experience most neighborhoods have some evil bitch who will go over the edge about something. Not usually to the extent of wishing death on children, in writing, but damn close.

This is a snark board. If we cannot voice strong opinions on the topics then what are we left with? why be here? This isn't a bunnies and daisies forum.

ETA: riffles

Oh oh...can I start a bunnies and daisies forum? I'd like to see what that looks like with this group :wink-penguin:

Oh oh...can I start a bunnies and daisies forum? I'd like to see what that looks like with this group :wink-penguin:

Invasive foreign species and spaying?

Invasive foreign species and spaying?

Well you would be a foreigner to me :lol: Does that count? Spaying I'm not so keen on for any........species.

Curious. You know you want a bunny forum. Bunnies who shit rainbow unicorns and daisies would be interesting :P

I didn't see anything wrong with oil's post, fwiw. I also like that oil is willing to discuss people's differences of opinion in her AMA thread. I don't think many people would do that.

The thing that strikes me about the letter is that it was "slipped under the door." Not mailed? Not put in the mail box? If I was really pissed off at my neighbors (which I, thankfully, have wonderful neighbors now that the one's teenage son has moved out :wink-penguin: ), the last thing I would do was waltz right up to their front door to slip a letter underneath it.

What if they see you? Other neighbors? The kid and he starts freaking out. Even in the middle of the night, you'd be surprised who is up in your neighborhood. If they have a dog, it would hear someone around the front door. A neighbor's dog. Just way too many things that could go wrong sneaking up to a neighbor's door.

Why not mail it? If it's from a neighbor, the post mark is not going to matter. If they are going to look at it forensically, they would do the same things whether you mailed it or slipped it under the door, but if you are really a neighbor that has gone over the edge, you probably aren't thinking in those terms anyway.

That's what makes me think it was likely someone in the family that is over their personal edge right now.

Well you would be a foreigner to me :lol: Does that count? Spaying I'm not so keen on for any........species.

Curious. You know you want a bunny forum. Bunnies who shit rainbow unicorns and daisies would be interesting :P

That sounds like it would be super painful for a bunny. Wouldn't the horn do serious damage to a little bunny? :?

That sounds like it would be super painful for a bunny. Wouldn't the horn do serious damage to a little bunny? :?

Be calm. Deep breath. I know you are old enough to know about Santa...but unicorns are not real either. Sorry :cry:

So it's kind of like a hypothetical poo and no bunny bums get hurt :D

Nobody is patronizing you, Oil. Nobody treats you like a baby or anything. We stick by you because of the attitude that was shown to a contributing member like you. That could be anyone, not just you. We don't think you can't protect yourself. We just want to put a stop to mocking, harassment, to the dragging of personal issues into other topics. We know you can stand up for yourself. What I have a problem with was the mockery and the intolerance shown towards a non-trolling, contributing member. I would have said the same thing if that reply had been directed to someone, anyone else, too. No disrespect, cheers.

Heh, I thought there was a board for all that, called Hobbies :lol: Daisies into Gardening, Bunnies into All Teh Fluffeh Petz. I hope that will not cause the members to turn into longskirt wearing prayer rug zombies. :wink-penguin:

I stick up for people because in my past it was rare that anyone stuck up for me.

Some unicorns are born from an Easter Bunny and like other horned mammals the horn grows in afterwards. The species of Easter Bunny is known for their special rainbow unicorn shit.

eta: riffles

I didn't realize the letter was slipped under the door. That makes it even more weird.

In the first interview the parents did the night the letter started getting attention, it was stated that the letter was mailed. The TV crew had a shot of the mailboxes at the end of the street and stated that while the letter was typed, the envelope it was mailed in was handwritten.

Like I said previously, this happened a few towns away from the city I live in, and the parents (in that interview and every one I've seen since) were truly heartbroken and it just doesn't ring true that they wrote it themselves in order to gain widespread sympathy, attention, money etc.

I'm curious as to why people think its someone in the family, or teenagers, or a guy in a basement, or anyone other than who stated they wrote it. An irate and clearly unstable and rotten neighbor ? In my experience most neighborhoods have some evil bitch who will go over the edge about something. Not usually to the extent of wishing death on children, in writing, but damn close.

Because the internet is the easiest platform to get attention, and there have been way too many hoaxes in the past. People lying about having cancer and all sorts of stuff. I've become a little jaded.

In the first interview the parents did the night the letter started getting attention, it was stated that the letter was mailed. The TV crew had a shot of the mailboxes at the end of the street and stated that while the letter was typed, the envelope it was mailed in was handwritten.

Like I said previously, this happened a few towns away from the city I live in, and the parents (in that interview and every one I've seen since) were truly heartbroken and it just doesn't ring true that they wrote it themselves in order to gain widespread sympathy, attention, money etc.

I beg you to keep us posted! Even if you hear just a rumor that you yourself consider to be based on something real. Not all rumor is bullsh**! If you live that close to them, can you please share with us if anything new happens?

Like I said I contributed to the tough side of social work during college, so I earned "credit points" (I'm not going into how credit system at my college worked, I think it's clear what I mean by that), and what I have seen has ripped me of quite a few layers of skin and left me shivering. It's not all A supportive, loving, enduring family as a victim VS. Ebil, anonymous, hate filled neighbors!

Thanks!

Archived