IGNORED

The Truth About Ruth - Part 4

happy atheist

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess Megan saw an increase in clicks and decided to post again. There is a new post ->megans-polyblog.blogspot.com/

I just read through a few pages of this blog, having never heard of it before. I did not see any of RR's "signature" tells in the few pages I read and the "voice" isn't quite right, IMO. I'll have to go back and read some of the older entries when I have a chance. I'm not suggesting it's not a fake, just that I don't get an RR vibe from it from my admittedly quick perusal.

Razing Ruth blog started in June 2009. Reference to women wanting to help was January 2010. The money making scam snuck up on me.

I've done a,little more looking into when Ruth started seeking financial assistance. In January 2010 She first mentioned people wanting to help. She did entries about Under 1000 dollars a month blog. She started the Swag bucks, ad-sence, and the tip jar. All this was in January, 2010. It all seemed to be inspired by Emily supposedly making money on her blog. It seemed natural for a struggling college student to follow her example.

I have not looked into the life of the imposter at all. Can someone tell me what was happening in January 2010. Was this the time of her divorce? Thank you.

Update: just read that husband filed in December, 2009. I guess that answers that question. Carry on... :)

It's safe to assume that the tip jar was shaken anytime there was a court appearance, reduction in support or fee that needed to be handled. More recently the 'move to Chicago' expenses was her trying to raise money to visit her kids who live in the Chicago area.

So her first divorce was granted in March of 2000, and the first ex only paid $740 in child support for the older two kids, so I am assuming she was working at that point? No way could she have survived on that.

ETA: So the latest husband got the kids AND remarried. Well, that has to sting. (This borders on stalking, I know, but the new wife's kid attends KU. Not sure what is going on, but wasn't one of RR's handles Jayhawkgirl or something? That's coincidental.)

So her first divorce was granted in March of 2000, and the first ex only paid $740 in child support for the older two kids, so I am assuming she was working at that point? No way could she have survived on that.

ETA: So the latest husband got the kids AND remarried. Well, that has to sting. (This borders on stalking, I know, but the new wife's kid attends KU. Not sure what is going on, but wasn't one of RR's handles Jayhawkgirl or something? That's coincidental.)

She says somewhere she is a "jayhawk by marriage," I believe. So the ex-husband may be a KU alum or fan or something like that.

If she never graduated from college, what's with the photo on her fb page?

Her kids seem happy, which is the most important thing.

Halloween costume? Staged event?

I missed it. How do we know she didn't graduate from college ?

It depends where you live. In Wales, it's free for under 25s and over 60s. If you're 26-59, appointments are cheaper than in England - £12 compared to £15, and that includes the hygienist!

One thing that I love about living in the UK (I moved here two years ago) is that the out-of-pocket costs for dental work are far less than they would be if I were without dental insurance in the US. I seem to remember (though it was a few years ago, so I may be wrong) that a bill for a cleaning, x-rays, and dental inspection cost upwards of $200 in the US (insurance covered it all for me, though) whereas the same thing cost around £18 when I had it done a couple of months ago in the UK. I had a cavity that needed filling and didn't want to go for the silver-coloured one, which would have been cheaper (£49 pounds?) and ended up paying out-of-pocket for a "private" filling (exact same dentist) and it cost £90. Still way, way cheaper than it would have been in the states had I been uninsured.

Oh, and I had a full eye exam this morning for £10!

While navigating the NHS system can be quite frustrating (what do you mean it takes 48 hours to renew a prescription?!?), I also adore the NHS in so many ways.

One thing that I love about living in the UK (I moved here two years ago) is that the out-of-pocket costs for dental work are far less than they would be if I were without dental insurance in the US. I seem to remember (though it was a few years ago, so I may be wrong) that a bill for a cleaning, x-rays, and dental inspection cost upwards of $200 in the US (insurance covered it all for me, though) whereas the same thing cost around £18 when I had it done a couple of months ago in the UK. I had a cavity that needed filling and didn't want to go for the silver-coloured one, which would have been cheaper (£49 pounds?) and ended up paying out-of-pocket for a "private" filling (exact same dentist) and it cost £90. Still way, way cheaper than it would have been in the states had I been uninsured.

Oh, and I had a full eye exam this morning for £10!

While navigating the NHS system can be quite frustrating (what do you mean it takes 48 hours to renew a prescription?!?), I also adore the NHS in so many ways.

I just went to the dentist on Wednesday and it cost $340 AFTER my (pitiful) insurance. I had x-rays and a regular exam and cleaning. Sigh.

To talk about dental care a bit longer....

I gather it is for US- and UK-people a regular thing to get full X-rays on a routine basis each year? Because we usually don't, a dentist will only order x-rays if he thinks the interdental space looks suspicious or for another specific reason (root canal, implant placed etc.). Some of my friends say they get a yearly x-ray, too, so there might some trend in that direction with German dentists, too.

So you're kind of at the mercy of the dentist - if he's good at seeing suspicious things, you're good, if not - not, but on the other hand, you don't get the yearly dose of rays (some German newspaper have featured articles that yearly dental x-rays will triple the risk of benign brain tumors, no idea how reliable those claims are), and I firmly believe there is such a thing as frequent over-treatment in dental health, so maybe it is not always a bad thing if a dentist is no "catch all".

That piece of research was published in Cancer (on phone so can't do proper italics etc). It's a reputable journal and there are calls to reduce the use of diagnostic xray.

I gather it is for US- and UK-people a regular thing to get full X-rays on a routine basis each year? Because we usually don't, a dentist will only order x-rays if he thinks the interdental space looks suspicious or for another specific reason (root canal, implant placed etc.). Some of my friends say they get a yearly x-ray, too, so there might some trend in that direction with German dentists, too.

So you're kind of at the mercy of the dentist - if he's good at seeing suspicious things, you're good, if not - not, but on the other hand, you don't get the yearly dose of rays (some German newspaper have featured articles that yearly dental x-rays will triple the risk of benign brain tumors, no idea how reliable those claims are), and I firmly believe there is such a thing as frequent over-treatment in dental health, so maybe it is not always a bad thing if a dentist is no "catch all".

No, not at all. Here in the UK we get dental xrays if there is need, not as a regular thing. I've had a few over the last two years because my dentist was trying to find the cause of my severe facial pain. Turned out it was nothing to do with my teeth - trigeminal neuralgia. But no, regular xrays aren't the norm unless you're receiving treatment that warrants them.

....i caught up. Seven straight days of dedication to this whole series of threads and i caught up!

As you weme-i just needed a marker for the next time i get ridiculously behind on my FJ reading ;)

I get a dental x-ray once per year, but I have had a lot of dental issues in the past, so I'm not sure if that is why. Now, I have a great dentist that I trust (and who gives me valium :wink-kitty: ) and that keeps on top of things and I haven't had any problems in the years I've been going to him, but he has me on a preventive periodontal program where I go in every 3 months vs every 6 months, so that we can catch any potential problems early. My family has a history of dental issues, so I assume my problems are somewhat genetic. Interestingly, I have no real issues with cavities, which you would think could be a real problem for someone with dental issues.

I'll have to ask my husband if he also gets one every year or not.

It depends where you live. In Wales, it's free for under 25s and over 60s. If you're 26-59, appointments are cheaper than in England - £12 compared to £15, and that includes the hygienist!

It's also free for pregnant women and new mothers.

My eye examinations are also free because I am extremely short sighted and that puts me at risk of many eye complications.

Most dentists I know want x rays every year. I refuse most of the time, because I've read many medical studies that suggest they are not needed more than every few years. They did catch a dodgy spot between two teeth that I've been complaining was sensitive for a couple years (of course I swear it's worse now) which was good. It was explained to me that they xray because decay can happen where they can't see it. Having them earlier wouldn't have shown the spot I had though, because he almost missed it anyway. I'll refuse them for another couple years now.

I have the best dentist in the world. I have never met someone who loves his job more than this man. He's hilarious, he always compliments the work he did on my teeth. And he fixed the bad spot I had the last time without any novacaine. (He asked, and I said go for it. I trust him, it was minutely uncomfortable and only took ten minutes)

The Truth says she never graduated from college.

Just looking at pictures and entries on the two older kids' facebook pages (oldest child, who posts about the others as well) they seem happy. Happy in Chicago, happy with dad and stepmom, etc. I guess it's hard to really know what's going on with facebook, but this child seems upbeat.

From some supposed "insider" comments on the TAR blog, moving to Illinois was the best thing that could have happened to her kids. While I can't say I take anything on the internet at face value anymore, I don't have a hard time believing that this girl, who it would appear has absolutely nothing to do with her mother, is leading a happier life now that she's away from the possum den.

First post BTW, long-time lurker and "Ruth" reader. Hi! I'm itching to know who the suspected Ruth/PossumMomma commenter on the TAR blog was. I've been perfectly content to read the Snark sections of the board thus far, but if there's really juicy stuff getting dished out in Chatter (including theories about whom she may be posting as elsewhere) then maybe I'll try to work my way up to the requisite number of posts.

I know the mods here have been on the lookout for "Ruth's" IP, but if our Lady of Many Identities is tooling around the country with no home base, can we really be sure she isn't reading or posting?

From some supposed "insider" comments on the TAR blog, moving to Illinois was the best thing that could have happened to her kids. While I can't say I take anything on the internet at face value anymore, I don't have a hard time believing that this girl, who it would appear has absolutely nothing to do with her mother, is leading a happier life now that she's away from the possum den.

First post BTW, long-time lurker and "Ruth" reader. Hi! I'm itching to know who the suspected Ruth/PossumMomma commenter on the TAR blog was. I've been perfectly content to read the Snark sections of the board thus far, but if there's really juicy stuff getting dished out in Chatter (including theories about whom she may be posting as elsewhere) then maybe I'll try to work my way up to the requisite number of posts.

I know the mods here have been on the lookout for "Ruth's" IP, but if our Lady of Many Identities is tooling around the country with no home base, can we really be sure she isn't reading or posting?

Snark is open to guests again, so it's entirely possible she's reading.

The previous poster- Hi!

There is no Chatter now!

I've been lurking for YEARS and am almost to the amount of posts needed, (without going nuts posting lol) and now they make most of those thing easily available again. Of course! Lol

The previous poster- Hi!

There is no Chatter now!

I've been lurking for YEARS and am almost to the amount of posts needed, (without going nuts posting lol) and now they make most of those thing easily available again. Of course! Lol

There is a chatter like area called "Are you there FJ? It's me, Margaret", which is still restricted and is meant for more personal topics that people don't want indexed by google and open to guests. The less personal chatter posts are now in an unrestricted forum called "Wide World of Snark".

The previous poster- Hi!

There is no Chatter now!

Haha, I just read the post about Chatter. Sounds like the closed thread about "Ruth" is still in the private area though.

I'm sure she's reading here, which is...whatever, there's nothing in these threads that hasn't also been hashed out on the blog at this point. I mostly want to know if there has been speculation about "Ruth" sightings elsewhere, and who she may have been posting as at TAR. I've been googling some of her old usernames (scarlett75 at Splitcoast Stampers, PennMommy and of course PossumMomma) but it's so hard to get an accurate history since there have been deletions and, in the case of the stamping board, their search function no longer works. I just can't believe how prolific she was.

I think the hysterectomy support site was discussed here, where she lists her numerous "health issues"--holy moly. At some point she mentions that her mother had a hysterectomy when she ("Ruth") was five, and after the surgery suffered from some pretty severe mental health issues, including OCD. As far as I can tell from googling, she had to have her hysterectomy put off until after her last child was born, but never came back to the board thereafter. Would have loved to know what was going on with that, or what she had up her sleeve. The scams I've seen have been focused on physical health crises, and not mental health, although Ruth had PTSD and depression I think? Interesting.

Archived