IGNORED

Another Bates Courtship

BigSandy

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gotta be Alyssa and that politician's son. I'm just assuming, anyway. It could always be one of the other kids, too. They sure seem to socialize with other eligible young fundies often. The Bates seem far more eager to let their children get married than the Duggars.

I'm sure they are, Lawson can't afford to pay for them forever.

Maybe Michael (sp?!) & Edgar?

They would have some pretty kids!

This could end being like the "Smortons" (Morton/Smith) marriages. Except it would be the "Baberts" or the "Rates" (Roberts/Bates).

It could be- Zach and Marty, Edgar and Erin, Willie and Alyssa, Lawson and Norma, Nathan and Daisy, Campbell and Trace.... That would be epic!

This could end being like the "Smortons" (Morton/Smith) marriages. Except it would be the "Baberts" or the "Rates" (Roberts/Bates).

It could be- Zach and Marty, Edgar and Erin, Willie and Alyssa, Lawson and Norma, Nathan and Daisy, Campbell and Trace.... That would be epic!

Erin is practically engaged to Chad Whatshisname.

If you look at the Roberts blog, it looks like Lawson was following Norma around and looks like from a pic that Daisy and Nathan were playing together.

I just checked... Zach, Michael, Lawson, Nathan, and Alyssa are all single and old enough to be courting. Tori is 17 so she's not far behind. Really, it could be any one of them. Alyssa is the youngest of the bunch and she's the one who had the 'special friendship', but it's always possible they think she's too young and she'll stay 'friends' with this guy for a while longer while one of her older siblings has a real courtship.

Does this list include that godly young man in the mud? I could see the love of jesus shining from his biceps countenance.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17689

I checked, and it's Nathan who's the hottie, not Lawson.

is a smart, educated fundamentalist something you would want? really? the duggar or Maxwell type can be pitied, snarked on and laughed off because they don't have a hope of remaking the world they way they desire .the smart and motivated ones that are graduating from conservative schools and/or get real degres like Daniel wissman and the man Alyssa is courting are not so funny...

If they were smart and got educated they wouldn't be a fundie any more.

What if its a Zach/Sarah redo? Just a thought.

Mmm... I'd lean towards no. Sarah looked genuinely terrified when they put her on the spot in the video.

Its nice (and healthy) that the Bates are encouraging their adult children to mingle with the opposite sex - what a novel concept. Other families (with aging adult children) should take note.

If they were smart and got educated they wouldn't be a fundie any more.

absolutely untrue. ati and vf are full of lawyers.

Both VF and ATI seem to be very big on education.

Especially ATI. A lot of the kids seem to go to college.

Gothard followers go to college? Since when? Has the sky fallen?

Do you mean College Minus?

Both VF and ATI seem to be very big on education.

Especially ATI. A lot of the kids seem to go to college.

I disagree. VF kids tend to go to college more than ATI. VF families seem a "little" more modern as far as appearances go.

Personally, when I refer to someone going to college or law school, I mean an ACCREDITED institution! : )

I live in a country where some of my fundie friends get into the top universities. So not all of them study at SOTDRT.

I believe that every person has a potential for excellence whether they had a shitty education or not. The fundie parents are the ones to blame for choosing "godly" edjucashen over accredited curriculums. It makes it harder for the kid who was raised fundie to succeed, but I have seen it work out well with a lot of sweat and toil on the part of the youbg person.

I think it would be hilarious if all the Bates daughters were courting/engaged at once. I bet Boob would explode.

I'm hoping for a Alyssa/Erin double wedding with everyone's hair jacked up halfway to heaven. And a few poor J'Slaves as bridesmaids, pouting about the unfairness of it all. And then one of them will catch a Payne boy's eye...

Yesterday someone asked Kelly if the new courting couple is Alyssa and John Webster and she replied "hmmm I'll try to get a post done today if possible".

Ahh the suspense! I'm happy for Alyssa, because it seems like she and John like each other and would very much like to be courting. However, part of me hopes is Michael(a), because 18 is pretty young to be practically engaged and I think Michael is sweet. I'm glad that through Erin's courtship that they don't automatically become engaged and THEN start courting like some families do.

I know people are saying the Duggars and Bates probably are not comparing themselves & while that may be true for the parents I have no doubt that the Duggar girls aren't sick with envy at the Bates girls courtships and special friendships.

God come on and post something Mrs Bates. Inquiring minds want to know...

Archived