IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting - All Things Duggar Family - Part 5

happy atheist

A six year old with anxiety is bad. Maybe Boob and J'Chelle should think about getting rid of the show for the sake of Jenny's health. If they even remember that she exists.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, she is quite a shy, anxious little thing, hopefully thats why she isnt on very often, not that nobody pays attention to her. Shes got Jill though, Jill loves her a lot.

Jennifer was fortunate to get a buddy who really loves her. Jana would have been a good buddy for Jennifer also. But Jessa is rather harsh with the little ones and Jinger doesn't seem to pay much attention to her buddies at all. (Takes after her mother.)

A six year old with anxiety is bad. Maybe Boob and J'Chelle should think about getting rid of the show for the sake of Jenny's health. If they even remember that she exists.

There is nothing inherently bad about being shy or cautious or disliking new things. Just like there is nothing inherently good about being extroverted and adventurous. They are just different personalities.

There is a big difference between someone having a naturally timid personality and having anxious moments, and having a full on anxiety disorder. I hardly think anyone could determine if Jenny is having actual problems from the tiny little snippets we see on tv. Especially as they don't highlight her on the show, which probably suits her just fine.

^ I agree with this. Shy is just fine and nothing like a full blown anxiety disorder.

Jenny, from the little we see, reminds me so much of myself as a child. Always hanging back to see how others react first. Always nervous in new situations. What really bothers me are the times we have seen Jim Bob laugh at her nervousness. For example: Noah's Ark - scaring her when wearing a beard, the farm trip - forcing her to sit on a pony when she didn't want to, etc.

I wonder whether JB was similar as a child (think of all the comments about being a nervous public speaker and the few times Mary has described him as a child) and is trying to push Jenny to be more confident. As in "I suffered for being shy/quiet and I don't want you to do the same" sort of logic.

Happy Birthday Jennifer Danielle! Bet Boob and Mullet can't even remember her middle name.

Jennifer just seems shy. Being reserved isn't a disorder and I hope her parents don't push her if she's just naturally more on an introvert. I know a few of kids like her, they're quiet and they always look very serious. There's nothing wrong with them, it's just their temperament. It's impossible to diagnose a child with a psychological disorder based on snippets from a tv series. I'm going to go ahead and guess that her parents remember her middle name, too, but of course that's only speculation on my part.

It's all about control. My exfi's dad was like that. Before I came along, they would make the 4 hour trip to Myrtle Beach with no stops. When me & my kids went on vacation with them, I said hell no! we are going to stop at least once to use the bathroom. I think we always stopped at least twice. Exfi's mom & sis thanked me privately. They just don't know how to stand up to the big bully.

Once we drove from MB to Charleston in 2 vehicles. As we got close, my oldest & I really need a stop. Exfi would not stop without Daddy's permission, even though we were in MY truck. He kept calling his mom's cellphone, & no one would answer, I'm sure because his dad knew what we wanted. I finally told exfi to stop at the next McD's, or I would be taking my kids & going home early. His dad saw us pull off & turned around. He was so pissed! And I hope never to see another grown-ass man shake & sputter & be so afraid of his dad.

I'm so glad to be out of that mess. And I'm 99% sure exfi's dad had a lot to do with it, because I refused to be bullied. The new gf is a submissive Christian much younger than exfi. I bet she never asks to stop to pee! :roll:

Good point, and I'm glad you're away from that too. Your example reminded me, unfortunately, of an ex-boyfriend I had a long time ago. We were on a road trip, he was annoyed at me because he had decided I was 'the one' and I wasn't ready to commit, and he refused to stop when I asked him - more than once - to pull into a rest area. He exhibited some other (worse) behaviors during that trip, which is why I had forgotten about that particular incident. Thankfully, despite my being young and not very experienced, I realized what I'd be letting myself in for if I married him. I broke it off, he apologized, begged, and said he would never treat me that way again, and I didn't believe him. It was about control.

"men are supposed to be interested in these parts, not women" That's my philosophy as well. But, I don't care either way. Regardless, it's not like the boyfriend/sexual partner is into seeing the parts of the exam the doc does. Really, that'd be way creepier than having a stranger doing that.

(New to the Boards, and kind of dumb so forgive me) So the Duggars aren't educated on their bodies? (I mean besides the obvious) That's wicked and messed up. And is the reason for the midwifery to protect the purity? Again, whoa. All right, I'll keep reading and figure all this out. Thanks guys

---Wow! I didn't realize I was way back on pg. 5. Ignore this if you want, I'm trying to catch up. Sorry

(Going to add as "inspired" so not a million posts from me tonight)

In ref. to a pg. back or so. TLC should try a spinoff of one of the kids leaving. Cousin Amy could be the mentor(ish) which would allow her to still be on camera as well as helping the cousins.

If we play even the odds game, one of these kids (at the least) is going to have a desire not to be apart of the cult. I mean the oldest and youngest are almost a generation apart. Religion isn't popular anymore, the world has gotten smaller. It's insane to believe that 19 people are going to desire to be cultist.

With Josh and Anna living in Montgomery County, yeah let the girls come and be a nanny for 6 weeks. Heck, I'll hang out with them. (Although we do have our mega-cults SG, Josh Harris guys here as well)

I agree that odds are that all 19 will not stay in. It's weird though how some families have no defection (Maxwells, Arndts) and in others like the Kellers, some leave the cult. Time will tell.

We may have already discussed this, but here is the link to the midwife service Jana and Jill work for.

Nwamidwife.com/10.html

It makes me want to offer to help her finish her website cause its been unfinished for months.

People say that some of the pics on that site are staged. Are Jana and Jill going to be midwife apprentices forever? What if one of them wants to do it, and one doesn't? It seems like Jill is more into it than Jana. Can Jana express that she doesn't want to be Jill's chaperone without being disowned by her family? These people need to stop shoving their anti abortion beliefs down our throats. Stop doing rallys. We know what your opinion is, shut up about it.

If God is really in control, does that mean that J’Chelle isn’t at fault for risking her life to have Jubilee, after the Josie saga? She knew that there was a high risk of something going wrong. If she didn’t, she’s either really stupid, or found some crack head doctor that will take care of a woman who was on her 21st pregnancy.

I think that the Duggars are stupid for trying to take our right to choose away. Not everyone thinks that babies are a blessing. If a woman is raped and becomes pregnant, should she be forced to keep the baby, because it’s wrong not to? The Duggars think so.

Fanatic: a person with an extreme and uncritical enthusiasm or zeal, as in religion or politics; zealot.

This is Jim Bob and Michele defined.

People say that some of the pics on that site are staged. Are Jana and Jill going to be midwife apprentices forever? What if one of them wants to do it, and one doesn't? It seems like Jill is more into it than Jana. Can Jana express that she doesn't want to be Jill's chaperone without being disowned by her family? These people need to stop shoving their anti abortion beliefs down our throats. Stop doing rallys. We know what your opinion is, shut up about it.

If God is really in control, does that mean that J’Chelle isn’t at fault for risking her life to have Jubilee, after the Josie saga? She knew that there was a high risk of something going wrong. If she didn’t, she’s either really stupid, or found some crack head doctor that will take care of a woman who was on her 21st pregnancy.

I think that the Duggars are stupid for trying to take our right to choose away. Not everyone thinks that babies are a blessing. If a woman is raped and becomes pregnant, should she be forced to keep the baby, because it’s wrong not to? The Duggars think so.

Jana is not midwife, she is a "birth assistant". Its sad to see her having to babysit her sister when she shows no interest in being a midwife. Jana has other talents and interests. I wonder why she is not allowed to lead JTTH any more. She seemed to like that.

The Duggars and others of their ilk believe the woman should be forced to have the baby, but she doesn't have to keep/raise it.

Jana is not midwife, she is a "birth assistant". Its sad to see her having to babysit her sister when she shows no interest in being a midwife. Jana has other talents and interests. I wonder why she is not allowed to lead JTTH any more. She seemed to like that.

As a clarification. Jana is studying to be a doula, which is not the same as a midwife. Someone could have no desire to be a midwife but very much want to be a doula.

The Duggars and others of their ilk believe the woman should be forced to have the baby, but she doesn't have to keep/raise it.

someone could, but I don't think that someone is Jana. She was very disengaged from the woman whose hand she was holding during labor, and she seems about 180 degrees from excited during the talking-head segments.

As a clarification. Jana is studying to be a doula, which is not the same as a midwife. Someone could have no desire to be a midwife but very much want to be a doula.

:roll: :roll: :roll: Jana still seems less then interested in being a doula. Just watch the episode where they were featured doing their "jobs".

I don't think they can be apprentices forever, the apprentice midwife permit is only good for two years, although it can be renewed. Jill's permit expires at the end of this month (8/31/2013). BUT in looking that up I noticed that Jana is now on the list of lay apprenticed midwives for Arkansas, under the supervision of Vanessa Giron, expiring 8/31/2015 (the list was updated 6/3/2013; also they misspelled her name Janna)

http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/aboutAD ... wifery.pdf

302.02 Apprentice Permit Renewal

The Apprentice Permit must be renewed every two years. To renew the permit, the Apprentice shall submit evidence of:

1. Progress made toward licensure that year , i.e. number of AP visits conducted, labor managements and deliveries, newborn evaluations and post-partum exams conducted under supervision.

2. Verification of Apprentice-Supervisor relationship

3. Current adult and infant CPR

4. Negative TB skin test, negative chest x-ray, or valid health card

There is nothing wrong with being shy. I do think shy and quiet are different. Anyhow shy or quiet kids are the most picked on in school- believe me. I wish they could be left alone. I wonder how many of the Duggar kids are introverted and would love more privacy. I would be nuts in that house.

So I was looking at the kids birthrates on Wikipedia, and noticed that Joy will be 16 in 2 months. When she turns 18 in a little over 2 years, there will be 8 adult "kids" in that house, the Howlers will all be high school or middle school aged, and all 4 lost girls elementary school aged.

I am going to be there will be a wedding before then. It will look super odd to have 8 adults living at home at that point, especially with only Josie and Jordyn really needing any help at that point taking care of themselves (and even then not that much).

Something will have to give.

So I was looking at the kids birthrates on Wikipedia, and noticed that Joy will be 16 in 2 months. When she turns 18 in a little over 2 years, there will be 8 adult "kids" in that house, the Howlers will all be high school or middle school aged, and all 4 lost girls elementary school aged.

I am going to be there will be a wedding before then. It will look super odd to have 8 adults living at home at that point, especially with only Josie and Jordyn really needing any help at that point taking care of themselves (and even then not that much).

Something will have to give.

Maybe, but I still think Boob cares more about his ego and having a houseload of girls who need to serve him.

Maybe, but I still think Boob cares more about his ego and having a houseload of girls who need to serve him.

And Mullet does nothing, so one of the woman/child slaves will still have to cook and corral.

Archived