IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting - All Things Duggar Family - Part 5

happy atheist

What happened to Jinger's face?! She's straying into serious Tan Mom territory now! Wow. :shock:

It is a little intense, but I don't begrudge her it. Maybe she just wants to set herself apart somehow.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little intense is an understatement. It doesn't look like spray tan, either. She's killing her skin. I guess she's over 18 so her parents can't stop her, but couldn't they say, no, we're not giving you money to go tanning? It's not like she has her own income. That's just so unhealthy...

Maybe it's spray tan. I don't think it's particularly healthy either but these kids seem to have so few choices I'd hate for Boob and Mullet to take yet another one away. It's not like they are poster people for healthy living.

Do you all really think it looks that bad? Unhealthy is definitely not the word that pops into my mind first.

The bright rose´blouse contrasts quite nice with the dark hair and the skin tone, purse and skirt match too- I like her causual and confident pose here -especially the way she holds the purse. All in all, it´s a good picture of Jinger, here she looks like a woman her age and not like a minion from the Gotharditeverse.

That´s spray tan and spray tan is basically just make-up and if she likes it..., but I already made my statement to the tan- use here.

Do you all really think it looks that bad? Unhealthy is definitely not the word that pops into my mind first.

The bright rose´blouse contrasts quite nice with the dark hair and the skin tone, purse and skirt match too- I like her causual and confident pose here -especially the way she holds the purse. All in all, it´s a good picture of Jinger, here she looks like a woman her age and not like a minion from the Gotharditeverse.

That´s spray tan and spray tan is basically just make-up and if she likes it..., but I already made my statement to the tan- use here.

I guess this just goes to show that different people will prefer different things, but wow, yeah, I think it looks terrible, completely unnatural, and pretty unhealthy. She looks fried.

I don't think it looks unhealthy, just loud and unnatural, especially next to Jessa, who has a tan that looks a little more natural, and Joy who looks like she's spent the summer in the laundry room. But if Jinger likes the look, that's her business.

Premies tend to have dolicephalic heads which are really elongated from lying on a bed surface for so long when ordinarily they should be in utero. Josie does not have that look as far as I can tell. (Some of Jon & Kate's 'tups did, btw.) She does have a large forehead which is typical of dolicocephaly, but she is just a FLK, old peds slang for a Funny Looking Kid. Premies do tend to grow out of dolicocephaly by the age of 5.

(Peds slang is not used as much anymore because it's politically incorrect as well as being insensitive if the parents get wind of it.)

Yeah, I admit that for me it'd be kind of hard to look straight into the eyes of a mother who just had wind that I called her son a"FLK"... :doh:

Although personnally I do understand the need for a certain form of gallow humour...There needs to be sort of a "release valve" for members of a working team in emotionally draining jobs like EMTs, law enforcement officials, funeral homes, mental institute workers, coroners and med. examiners, etc...I'd even add pediatricians in there, at least the ones that take care of children with heavy disabilities and diseases. Work environment where blood and human suffering in all its forms are frequent occurences.

A while ago at a wedding brunch conversation in our tables area turned to gallow humour and if it was still permissible in 2011; all the people present that worked stressful jobs said that yes, they did partake in it once in a while to cope and that if the event was worst than what they were used to more "tasteless" their jokes were. It's like a reflex for some of them...

I don't think it looks unhealthy, just loud and unnatural, especially next to Jessa, who has a tan that looks a little more natural, and Joy who looks like she's spent the summer in the laundry room. But if Jinger likes the look, that's her business.

I say, live and let live. Jinger is an adult, and it's her skin. Tanning is probably one of the few things she can do to differentiate herself from the group. She doesn't own her own clothes or jewelry. She can't listen to popular music or go to the movies. She has to share a room with her toddler sisters. It's not like she can cut or dye her hair or wear pants, so she chooses to do something like tan. There's probably worse things going on in TTH behind closed doors.

If she likes that look, I am just happy she gets to express herself somewhat. But I do hope that she uses spray tan and does not spend time in a tanning bed or booth. If that color is from actual tanning, she is going to have major skin issues. I recently went to my 10 yr high school reunion, and with my obsessively shielded skin I looked improbably fresh-faced next to the girls who were tanning addicts in HS. And we are all still 28-30.

Edited for phone typing riffles.

I really doubt that Jessa is going to a tanning salon. For one thing, I bet her parents wouldn't like the idea of her disrobing down to--what? she doesn't own a bikini--her undies I guess-- outside their home. Think about how obsessive Michelle & Anna are about showing skin at a doctor's office.

Either she's using spray tan, or she's sitting outside the Tinker Toy House. I think she's using spray tan; I think her skin would have a more reddish tint if she was actually tanning.

I really doubt that Jessa is going to a tanning salon. For one thing, I bet her parents wouldn't like the idea of her disrobing down to--what? she doesn't own a bikini--her undies I guess-- outside their home. Think about how obsessive Michelle & Anna are about showing skin at a doctor's office.

Either she's using spray tan, or she's sitting outside the Tinker Toy House. I think she's using spray tan; I think her skin would have a more reddish tint if she was actually tanning.

Good point.

I think Joy-Anna is going to be the most beautiful of the Duggar females for the simple fact that she has a natural beauty about her that doesn't need to be masked with tons of makeup or crunchy curly hair. I also get the feeling she has a sassy attitude. Maybe she will one day escape the compound.

Im thinking the most modest option is for her to buy fake tan and put it on at home-Michelle and Jimbob would not allow anyone to see their daughters in something immodest. Also I cant see someone raised fundie, even one who is a bit rebellious, wanting to have anyone else seeing her without clothes on-with all the body shaming and modesty, she would likely feel very embarassed at the thought of being naked or in a bikini in front of someone else. She comes from a family where the idea of showing a bare pregnant belly at the doctors office requires a cover for modesty.

Hopefully she is using fake tan, not tanning, as its really bad for your skin.

Come to think of it, would any of the J'slaves have time to tan outside? They're taking care of their brothers and sisters all day and doing laundry.

Uh oh, looks like Joy is starting to wave/curl her hair, judging by that pic. Run from the rollers, Joy!

Also, does Josiah have a black eye?

^ The bottoms of Josiah's eyes look a bit look Joseph's, to me. Not bruised, just maybe sunburnt or naturally dark-circled. My brother's do that too.

Posted this on the other thread about the Duggars coming to Ohio, but I really really want all of your opinion...do you think if I went to that event, that I would be able to talk to any of the older girls? To let them know that there are lots of people on the outside who are willing to help them financially for a little while and make sure they have a safe place to stay? If I did manage that, do you think it would make a dent in their fundie world?? Seriously will consider doing it if you guys think it could help them.

I have always decided that if I got the chance to meet the Duggars, I would try and talk to the Jslaves without their parents present and tell them that they are great people and there are people who care about them and will be there for them if they ever decide they dont want to live the way they do.

I think it might give them something to think about, even if they are too brainwashed to dare take you up on that offer and ask for help, or are too afraid of trusting a stranger, it might stay with them and come to them in the future when they feel they are ready. Its a really scary step for them to make, cause they will lose their whole world, so dont expect them to instantly tell you that they want out. They will probably say they are fine, even if they look unhappy, or be horrified, but it will stick with them, and if they think about it and do decide they want to leave, or it gets too much, they know theyre not going to end up alone and homeless.

Even if they never get to leave, at least you tried.

You never know who you might help! It's better to give it a try than to regret not making the effort. You just have to be careful how you approach it because it's a very delicate subject, if they felt attacked they might dismiss you out of hand. And being in the limelight of fundyism they probably get a lot of well-meaning people who approach them in a way that scares them off rather than opening them up.

I actually live in Columbus, but sadly I'm still at school for the summer so I won't be around when the Duggarmania arrives. My parents both work downtown so I'll have to get them to fill me in on the details of what's going on in town, though I know they'd have no interest in actually going :lol:

Yeah, it probably would be best to be very careful, dont make it sound like you dissaprove too much with their family's lifestyle or are judging their parents for it, it might make them feel defensive or scare them off. Maybe find something to talk to them about first instead of coming right out and saying it-maybe find something that they are interested in and talk about that, ask how they like the town they are visiting, ask how their family are doing...stuff like that. Once youve made them feel comfortable, then you can gently let them know that theres support out there in case they ever need it.

The J'Slaves use spray tan like Boob uses Aquanet. Way too much. A little goes a long way ladies. They definitely have no time to tan outside. Famy on the other hand is a different story. Has she ever had a real job, that wasn't singing or being on the coat tails of her aunt, uncle and cousins?

This may be a really dumb question, but would it be possible to write letters (as in snail mail) to the Duggar girls?

This may be a really dumb question, but would it be possible to write letters (as in snail mail) to the Duggar girls?

Um, there's a P.O. box for fan mail - P.O. Box 1000 Tontitown, AR 72770

But that might not be what you're looking for.

Archived