IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting - All Things Duggar Family - Part 5

happy atheist

UGH. This popped up in my Facebook feed this morning: rhrealitycheck.org/article/2013/08/16/in-a-room-crowded-with-duggars-ohio-republicans-pledge-to-reintroduce-heartbeat-ban/

Spoiler alert: More comparing abortion to the holocaust. :angry-banghead: Asshats.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had a dream last night that Johannah Duggar had cut her hair into this really cute bowl cut, and she was wearing a school uniform (with pants!!!). Michelle was there and I asked her about it. She told me not to talk about it to anyone else, but now all her children who were 'behind' or having learning problems were going to school and getting remedial classes. I really wanted to post about it here, but I couldn't because I'd promised her not to tell anyone! She was very secretive about it. I woke up and thought, "Too bad that will never be true."

Haha! I recently dreamt that I was hanging out in NYC with Jinger (goodness knows why, I don't live in the States) and I took her to the MOMA which she loved. Her face was lit up with delight as she walked around the exhibits. Oh, and she was wearing khaki pants. I think other FJ members have described dreams involving pants-clad duggar daughters :)

UGH. This popped up in my Facebook feed this morning: rhrealitycheck.org/article/2013/08/16/in-a-room-crowded-with-duggars-ohio-republicans-pledge-to-reintroduce-heartbeat-ban/

Spoiler alert: More comparing abortion to the holocaust. :angry-banghead: Asshats.

I saw that article yesterday. The Ohio Republicans make me angry enough without adding the Duggar nonsense too. I was happy to see that the article mentioned that Josh is working for a hate group. Maybe the upside will be that their appearances will make more people realize that they are not a large, happy, harmless family.

Maybe Boob, Mullet and Smug-ass should learn what the Holocaust was, before they go comparing it to abortions. You know it wasn't taught at the SOTDRT.

Maybe Boob, Mullet and Smug-ass should learn what the Holocaust was, before they go comparing it to abortions. You know it wasn't taught at the SOTDRT.

I am just holding on to the hope that the majority of even conservative america is much more educated and open minded than they are to actual buy into their ignorant drivel. Even the most conservative and religious people I know don't go around comparing the holocaust to abortion.

That's the sad part. They went to the Holocaust Museum and that is ALL they took from it.

No hope for them. None.

Oh, I didn't mean for it to sound like I'm okay with the course their lives are taking. I obviously wish the girls could leave or have jobs or get an education but they are so far indoctrinated that it won't happen. After college, I lived at home until I was almost 27 but I had a job, my own money, and plenty of freedom to live how I wanted so I wouldn't have a problem with the older girls living at home if they were able to have those options but of course they aren't. I just meant that at 19 there are lots of kids still figuring it out and living at home. I also thought Jinger was much older than that for some reason.

John, at 24, has a job doesn't he? He doesn't seem to be around as much and I'm sure that given the fact that he's a man he's provided much more freedom living at home than his sisters.

Actually, I was responding to the idea that being home is bad. It's not if they were normal young adults saving up to get their own place while working and/or going to school. BUT, they're not. They'll never get the chance to go to a real college or get a real job or travel just because they want to travel without it being some "mission" trip. They're stuck always having to depend on some caring for them regardless of what they want in life. It's a really sad that their parents have indoctrinated them to never allow any thought to any other life besides they one they were raised to believe.

Actually, I was responding to the idea that being home is bad. It's not if they were normal young adults saving up to get their own place while working and/or going to school. BUT, they're not. They'll never get the chance to go to a real college or get a real job or travel just because they want to travel without it being some "mission" trip. They're stuck always having to depend on some caring for them regardless of what they want in life. It's a really sad that their parents have indoctrinated them to never allow any thought to any other life besides they one they were raised to believe.

It's definitely not bad to live at home at that age. What's bad is to still live at home and be doing nothing but babysitting their younger siblings. I stayed at home until I was 24 however, I was working my ass off to earn a Master's degree. They are no where close to any type of higher education or learning a trade.

If they were able to go to college and then made the decision to be stay-at-home moms it would be different, but they haven't been given the chance to decide on their own. That it what is sad IMO.

That's the sad part. They went to the Holocaust Museum and that is ALL they took from it.

No hope for them. None.

Wait--they actually went to the Holocaust Museum, as in "went inside" and "toured the exhibits", rather than just posed in front and had Josh take some tilted pictures on his iPhone????? This just flabbergasts me. I can't believe the Duggars would ever go into a museum that shows anything that graphic...hell, I have a hard time believing they'd go into any museum aside from the Creation Museum and museums about food.

I believe that they did. It was more than a staged photo op for them. I think that most things they do are just for photo ops. They don't care about learning about other's opinions, and how the world really is.

I believe that they did. It was more than a staged photo op for them. I think that most things they do are just for photo ops. They don't care about learning about other's opinions, and how the world really is.

What horrible people! And here I thought my opinion of them couldn't possibly get any lower...

Edited to add: I had to Google this to see if they actually went to the Holocaust Museum. Apparently, they did. They are using the fact that they went there as propaganda, justifying their support of anti-choice laws. This seems to be the sum total of what they took away from their visit.

I have no words for this family.

They dance on the graves of millions and millions and shamelessly toss words that they don't get the concept of just to justify they fucknuttery! I'm sure the Holocaust victims would be pleased to be mentioned by narrow minded, nazi-like whackos like these fundies!

There is a comment out there from Mullet saying that "after touring the museum, we realized a holocaust was going on right here in America."

I wanted to punch her in the face with a brick for that comment.

Those dumbasses would justify it by saying something stupid (i.e. normal for them) such as all of those Jews found Jesus when they were being gassed.

Those dumbasses would justify it by saying something stupid (i.e. normal for them) such as all of those Jews found Jesus when they were being gassed.

I can see them do that, even though it's wicked beyond my imagination. :evil:

I once read a book about a Hungarian lady that found Jesus in the concentration camp. Praise fuck these whackos have a very limited collection of books, otherwise they'd drag out her story AND would seek for more stories like that and use it as a justification! :evil:

(The book I was talking about is "The life of Rozsa Warmer by Myrna Grant)

They should really, really put a ban on using the word Holocaust in public as a joke or non-anti-holocaust related propaganda!

I wish TLC would tell the Duggars to BE QUIET if they want to keep doing the show! For goodness sake..don't they have any savory advice for them if they want to keep earning that paycheck?

Then again,it seems they're ruining themselves.I don't see that as a bad thing right now.

I wish TLC would tell the Duggars to BE QUIET if they want to keep doing the show! For goodness sake..don't they have any savory advice for them if they want to keep earning that paycheck?

Then again,it seems they're ruining themselves.I don't see that as a bad thing right now.

This is the same network that shows Honey Boo Boo. Do you really think TLC is the arbiter of good taste and decorum? It's all about the noise baby.

While I realize that even in the "real world" college is not for everyone, and trade school for high school is a good option for many (one of my own kids included) it's the LACK OF CHOICE that is at the root of all this. Jim-Bob and Michelle mad a CHOICE to live like this. The kids did not.

I just watched "Sons of Predition" about boys leaving the FLDS. Everything about the FLDS is so similar to Gothard it's eerie. This is NOT a new discovery, it just strikes me each time it's brought to mind.

I think that it's sad and also angering that DimBulb and Mullet were able to make their own choices, but aren't giving their kids the same options. It's obvious that some of the kids are tired of this lifestyle, and want to be on their own. What's wrong with letting them try to be their own person, Boob and Mullet? Are sins going to enter them through their skin? Come on! Not all of them will end up the way that Smugger did. Yeah, your asshole son's behavior is all on you two.

According to Smuggar's FB, they're at the Creation Museum. AGAIN! (Why isn't he at work? Not even two months on the job and he's getting days off?)

Talk about indoctrination. Then again, they're quite limited in the museums they're actually allowed to go to without being NIKE'd to death. I wonder if Smuggar has snuck into the ones across the street from the FRC yet?

Jumpin Jehosaphat, adult tickets to the Creation Museum are $30! (http://creationmuseum.org/tickets/) and kids tickets are $16! I doubt that TLC is footing the bill because they've already filmed there.

But maybe the Duggars are such fundy celebs they get in for free--perhaps in exchange for some violin screeching?

According to Smuggar's FB, they're at the Creation Museum. AGAIN! (Why isn't he at work? Not even two months on the job and he's getting days off?)

I live not far from there. CM has zip lines now and was having a Dragon exhibit. Don't know if it's over. They are having hard times so I'm sure they will get a boost in attendance from another Duggar trip.

This is the same network that shows Honey Boo Boo. Do you really think TLC is the arbiter of good taste and decorum? It's all about the noise baby.

sure is,I just wish w the hate job,they would keep the noise down (ie-I hope they don't show it AT ALL),and the Duggar politics....I don't even know where to start.If they would at least stay within their own home state,that would help.

It looks like tlc is trying to use J and A as a spinoff of sorts...trying to make them appear 'hip' or something,when they totally aren't,esp given where Josh works. "Look...Anna rides the metro by herself!" etc. Hardly.

Will their television show ever get cancelled? Or will they continue on, perhaps as the Roloffs have, as a series of "specials"? I actually had to completely stop watching about a year ago since it got to the point that Jim Bob and Michelle were totally insufferable to watch. I couldn't bring myself to watch the VSE about the Jubilee miscarriage. Previously, I thought the worst episodes were when Jason fell off the stage and Michelle stood there FILMING it on her phone, and Grandpa being pushed around in an office chair when he was clearly dying. But the huge event they made out of the funeral for Jubilee (technically a miscarriage, right? not a stillbirth as it was not born alive), was totally tasteless and proved that the Duggars will literally do anything for money. Moral code, my ass. Please. I wouldn't put it

past Jim Bob to marry off one of his daughters to a man of a different religion if he thought the ratings for the show were in jeopardy and was about to get cancelled.

Archived